Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Good Morning, everyone. :) It's cold and raining...supposed to have 3-5 inches of snow later today and tonight!

Marisa - Your baby things are all adorable! :c9 The afghan yarn looks so soft - what yarn are you using?

It's the red heart baby clouds in pink lemonade and pastels :D Be careful in the snow, are you used to it?

:rofl :rofl :rofl Oh, Julie, that is priceless.

Kim and I are off to a relaxed start to our day. I have to fold laundry and change the bed before John gets home. I think I'll fix a pizza for lunch for us. The pop the frozen one in the oven kind. :lol

Please keep Rosie and John and their family in your prayers. They're having problems.

The weatherman is calling for freezing rain, sleet, and up to 7 inches of snow here starting this evening and lasting through tomorrow. Right now the sun is shining, but obviously that's going to change big time. Two schools have already closed in anticipation of the mess.

Good luck to all the football fans. May your teams win in good games. Have a great day. I'll catch you all later. :manyheart

I hope your and Kim's day continues to be relaxed. Will keep Rosie and John in my prayers :hug :hug :hug Stay warm and cozy in that blustery weather.

Hello everyone. having a lazy day here, which is a good thing, as I don;t feel like myself. I have a slight sore throat and a headache, and feel like sleeping the day away.

Marisa, those baby things are so cute.

I had more to say, but I can't remember what it was. It'll come back to me later.

Hello ladies.

I tried to catch up, but about 10 pages is too much to remember. I did read, but just cannot respond to all.

Julie~Wrestling is a huge thing with my boys, ecspecially Jaden....his whole christmas list was wrestling so I wish you all luck. :)

I am still here.....no crocheting, no reading, no nothing. :lol I am back to school, but my schoolwork has been late all week which is not like me at all......I just feel so tired and out of sorts. I could sleep for a week and not think twice. :yes

To top it all off the Hubby has been home all week....he hurt himself (we think at work) unsure what it is.....ultrasound results tomorrow, so we'll know more. I hope it is nothing and he can go back to work tomorrow night because he is driving me insane!! :yes

Anywhoo, I am here accomplishing nothing......:blush

I hope dh if feeling better soon and that you catch your wits about you to keep up with your schoolwork :xfin:hug :hug :hug

Hey there house, I venture out into the cold wilderness yesterday to get ingredients for my home cook chicken soup and then got caught in snowy weather and snow covered slippery streets to drive on. :eek I have excellent tires so I just drove at a crawl of 20 mph, real slow going. :lol I loved it but I had to keep my eyes out for those cars and SUV's that want to drive as fast as they can in slippery ice and snow covered streets. I also went to AC Moore to buy Paton Wool Classic yarn for my weaving loom. When I got home I slip on some comfy PJ bottoms, a colorful tee shirt and an apron and enjoyed myself cutting up stuff for my yummy to me chicken soup. I also made garlic bread out of an itallian loaf of bread that I have also brought and guess what I burned the bread :D so I had to make more. I had a highly relaxing evening learning to weave on my 15" Flip rigid heddle weaving loom. At night I got into my ebook and at the moment I'm into a great ebook by James Patterson call "Cross Fire". I don't have to tell you that I'm enjoying my NOOK so much and I don't know why I waited so long to have one by my bedside. :think I have downloaded some free ebooks that appeals to my interest, but I see that there are many that I have to purchase, I don't mind. Today will be another relaxing day for me for tomorrow I have a 10:30 appointment at the hospital for my treatment, which I really need for I can feel some slight pain in my joints, I guess because of the weather. :( I talked to my daughter throughout the week-end for the baby have another ear infection and Jaedon is battling asthma and allergies, what else is new. I had to reasssure her that they will be fine, and to just take care of her babies, for we all go through these stages with our children when they are little. I didn't go to church today and instead I watch my church services on line. The walkways to my apartment was very slippery and I din't want to chance falling, like I did two years ago, and then who will help me up. :think:lol

Joanne - the lady that we met at the NOOK class contacted me and wanted to know if she could borrow my e-books, her email went to the trash can. :think I was shock that she didn't want a chance to know me better before asking to borrow e-books from a total stranger. Some people are shocking don't you think. I hope you get some ME time today for I'm hoping to finish the square I'm working on. Was you able to complete your square. I found out that I had to use stitch markers in the four corners. Have a nice ME day Joanne. :hug

Cindy - I love seeing Ice Carving, it is so unique and challenging to do. Did you go see it?????? :hug

Marisa - Nice crochet work, I love the baby set :hug

Leanna - that's great that you got to meet your little nephew. I love babies . Your new game sounds real interesting, have fun playing it. My best game that I play often is my electronic small Yahtzee game, I wear out the batteries on that one. :lol:hug

Judy - I love to declutter in order to make room for the new. I have promise myself to not clutter ever again for it's me who have to be the one to declutter again, so far I stuck to my word, even with yarn, oh then again, just maybe with yarn I clutter just a little bit. :lol Don't work to hard okay. It was so sad to hear about the senseless Arizona shotings especially the killing of the 9 years old little girl. My heart goes out to all the victims. :hug

Julie - OOOOoooooo Cam is so cute, where do they come up with the things that they say. When I play Candy Land with Jaedon and he win I act like I'm sad because I didn't win and get to go to the Candy Castle and Jaedon ask me "Is it because you are an old lady grandma???????" :lol I tell him yes, and he say you no old lady grandma you are grandma, so funny. :lol:lol:hug

Linda - I didn't know Gerogia got so much snow when I think of the southern states I think of warmth not snow, well I guess I was wrong, stay warm. :hug

Mary - Oh No 3-5 inches of snow :hug

Well got to run and shower and start my day so I can have my ME ME day, I plan on crocheting, weaving and reading my day away, Oh I also have to cook dinner, I forgot about that. Hugs to anyone I may have miss :hug:hug:hug

Sounds like you had a great day yesterday :D I hope the boys are well soon :hug :hug :hug

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

Hey Marisa- The RAVENS are winning!!!! And did you see my man Ray Rice score a touchdown? Still a little under 5 min so anything can happen! Oh, yea, Ravens just scored another TD!!!

Cheeria- I just love reading your posts! That is strange about the lady we met at the Nook class contacting you to borrow books- and she doesn't even know you. Glad that you are having a nice ME day today and that you got home safely from your errands in the snow yesterday! It's really cold out today so I'm glad I'm in ALL day- I just love it! And Dinner is almost ready- about 20 minutes to go!!! The house smells so yummy when you cook in the crock pot.

Tab- Good to hear from you and sorry to hear about DH- hope it is nothing serious and that he can go back to work and get out of your hair!!! Here's some:hug:hug

Cindy- Rest and hope you feel better. I was out in the garage earlier cause that's how we get to the crawl space where we store the Christmas decorations- I saw a few things in the garage that we no longer use so into the trunk of my car they went and I'll stop at Goodwill after work tomorrow. Also went through a tub that had some old crochet projects- that came out wonky when I was first learning to crochet. Have no idea why I was saving them- but they are now in the garbage!

Back to the end of the game. I finished the first strip of the flannelghan,took care of all the ends and started the second strip. I'm not going to get to the thread project again today I don't think since DH is with me watching football and yakking away. I'm going to take it with me to Boston next weekend. I always have quiet time in the morning until DD wakes up!!

Hugs to all

Hi Cheeria, yes we went to see the ice carvings. Food network was there, they are evidently going to do a show on ice carving. They were going around, asking people to sign releases, just in case they appeared on television. Hope your me day is going well.

Tab, hope things get better for you, and that hubby is okay.

good win Joanne, and I must confess that in the 4th quarter when the chiefs seemed to be getting a bit violent with some unsportsman like conduct, I was then happy that they weren't winning :(

Now, the big game is about to start :yay

good win Joanne, and I must confess that in the 4th quarter when the chiefs seemed to be getting a bit violent with some unsportsman like conduct, I was then happy that they weren't winning :(

Now, the big game is about to start :yay

Marisa- I think this is the first time that we are both rooting for the same team:cheer:cheer

DH of course is rooting for the Packers- oh I so hope the Eagles win:devil

Hello everyone. having a lazy day here, which is a good thing, as I don;t feel like myself. I have a slight sore throat and a headache, and feel like sleeping the day away.

Your bosy is telling you something...go with it...

Judy, good luck with decluttering. I did that with my crafts a month or so ago, and threw away a lot of half finished projects, mostly cross stitch.

After tossing out a bazillion printouts, etc...cross st projects are next. I can only think of 2 or 3 that I might actually finish.

John's home safe and warm before the storm and we are all stocked up on groceries. John's hoping to be able to work from home tomorrow. If it hits like it's supposed to we probably won't make Kim's Tuesday doctor appointment either. This is definitely NOT typical weather for Georgia. At least, it sure isn't typical for the time I've been down here. :lol :lol :lol

I'm heading downstairs, so have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Hi ladies,

Julie, Cam is so cute!

Tam, Glad DH and Michael are better. Keeping you all in my prayers.

Tab, Hope nothing serious is wrong with DH. Hope you start to feel like yourself soon.

Joanne, I thought the same thing the first year we came to Texas, it would be warm. Wrong! It snows in Texas, they get it all. Last winter was cold here. One morning I got up and it was just as cold as home was 27 or 28. I told hubby I can stay home and be this cold. Were in for a cold spell until friday. No snow for us though.

The colors for your FG soon really nice together.

Marisa, Hope the headache went away. Enjoy some relaxing time.

Cheeria, Your chicken soup sounds yummy! Enjoy your me time!

Cindy, Hope you feel better soon!

Linda, The owner and some guys here go hunting for wild pig. Yummy! I will keep John, Kim and family in my prayers. Stay in and stay warm.

Mary, Stay in and stay warm.

Judy, Good luck with the decluttering.

We were awaken at 4:30 this morning to a storm. I got up and unplugged the computer and tv then turned the tv on in the bedroom to the weather channel and found out we had a tornado in Rockport 2 miles away. I prayed to God to keep us safe and he did. No siren warnings here. I don't like that.

I did a little bit of crocheting at crafts last night. I feel like I'm just learning and don't know what I'm doing. It's an awful feeling since I've been crocheting for 35 years.

Today I did laundry and it wasn't as painful as last week. Made a pot of chili. Now were getting ready for the ice cream social.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Stay safe and warm Linda- I was reading about the impending storm in the south- and I think it is heading our way on Tues night/Wed. As long as it is out of here by Friday so I an drive up to Boston, all will be well. If we have bad weather during the week, I'll be able to work from home. I actually like working at work, though, cause I have 2 monitors- it's really neat being able to have something up on one screen and something else on the other- makes things go quicker IMO.

Mary- Just take it easy with the crocheting- and hopefully the PT will help you. Chili sounds like the perfect cold weather meal!!!

Marisa- That was not good when Desean Jackson got hurt. The Eagles seem to be outplayed tonight by the Packers! But there is still alot of game left, but they need to score!! And two missed field goals? (I could have sworn for a minute I was watching our Giants kicker):lol I had a little chat with my godson on FB before- he couldn't believe that I was rooting for the Eagles!!;) He is a huge Eagles fan- and Phillies fan. He is my brother's son and my brother has lived in PA since college at Villanova.

Fingers still crossed, but they just seem a little lost tonight. Good- down to the 18 yard line----time to go watch again!

Hope everyone has a good night. As soon as the game is over, I'm heading up to read for a bit before calling it a night. These one day weekends sure go by quickly!

IT'S SNOWING HERE!!!!!!!!! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap

Okay now that I've got that out of my system I just have to say that it's our first real snow this winter. The Weather Channel is saying anywhere from 3 to 8 inches of the white stuff before it's over.

Tomorrow we have to sit and wait for a repairman to come out. My new washer is leaking. The people we have the rent-to-own contract with came out Friday to look at it and discovered that the drain hole from the detergent compartment into the drum is plugged and apparently that's causing the leakage. They aren't qualified to fix that but they called some of the appliance people in town to come and fix it for us.

Thanks to the stashbuster CAL I've made progress on the three afghans. I'm really cranking out the squares to try to kill off some of my stash.

After I finish those, I'm going to start making a bunch of motifs. I'll put velcro on the backs so that I can see what I can design of my own. That should kill a bunch more of the stash.

On top of that, I'm hoping to make several baby blankets to give to the birth center at our local hospital. I'm going to tell them to just give them away to any new mom that either wants or needs them.

Got to get ready to head out to work now. Talk to everyone later.

Oh well, my Eagles are done for the season :( Now I'll say LET'S GO STEELERS!!!! :lol

I worked on my baby afghan, got my laundry done, straightening done, cooked dinner and put together 2 rows of my bernat cal :clap I feel like I made some progress today...oh and I got on the elliptical a bit too, but I just had some snacks :blush Only some rice cakes, but it was the mini pomegranite ones and they are just so good and I ate the whole bag :eek I was watching a show and before I knew it, they were all gone :sigh:lol

I'm heading upstairs to read a bit before bed, so I'll catch y'all in the morning :c9

Just a quick monday morning shout out -- hope you all are doing well ....

not much new here to report . I kinda fell off the Book Wagon over the weekend,so need to climb back up and get into my reading pattern again. I was doing real well for awhile .

I also started a doily -and so far it is looking pretty good for someone who doesnt enjoy using thread. It may not be perfect,but it looks ok to me . I'll post a final photo if I stick with it long enough to finish.

You all have a good day,and stay safe and warm if you are in the path of this latest snowstorm .

Good morning!!

Marisa- I laughed about your comment on the mini-rice cakes- and before you knew it you at the whole bag!!! I'll have to try that variety. Have you had the chocolate ones? They are so good and I could easily eat the whole bag!

Shannon, Linda, Val and all of you in the South- Stay safe and warm- I know your states are not used to dealing with the snow and ice as effectively of those of us who live in states where this kind of winter weather is expected.

I finished reading The Deadly Sanctuary last night and then promptly fell asleep! Can't believe the weekend is over already but then of course I did only have a 1 day weekend!

Off to get ready for Paradise-have a good day everyone!

Morning Julie!

I actually didn't find the thread too difficult to work with- and that really surprised me . Of course it helped that the sun was shining in through the window and I was using white thread!!! I'm using #10 and a E hook.

Have a good day!

Good morning ladies :coffee

I feel like I slept well last night :D I managed to read 2 chapters of my book before bed last night (they were short chapters :lol ) I'm not sure if I'll be back on tonight, might not be until morning. Mary and I are going to a sports bar after work for a sixer event that 2 of the players should be at, but there's going to be games and some stuff going on and it shouldn't be overly crowded because we had to rsvp for it :D And Julie, both of these players are way too young for me, so no lingerie for me tonight :rofl

Twinkle - What happened at the other job that you're looking for a new one?

Julie - Is the thread bothering you at all (allergies)? I didn't mind working with the thread, but I found I had to really concentrate hard at the start, but after I got something substantial to hold on to, it was ok :think

Joanne - Have a good day in paradise, at least you have a great weekend planned to look forward to :yes I'm thinking if the weather lets up by the end of the week, I may head up to my parents.....my hair totally needs to be colored ;) Plus, I haven't been there since xmas and I know I can't make it the last 2 weekends of the month :think

Linda and Mary - I hope you're both surviving your bad weathers :hug :hug :hug Stay warm indoors with a cup of hot cocoa and your crafts :yes

I read all the posts, but just quickly passing through - we're going out and stocking up this morning. Storm coming through by late tomorrow and we're expecting a good amount of snow.

Sparkie will be happy!:lol

Good morning! I am up & motivated already so maybe there is hope for me yet. Hubby has been worried about my funk, so he came home with this cute tote with pink homespun & watercolor boucle. I started a granny than with it last night. I thought an easy pattern would be best to ease my way back in.

I hope all of you that are in the storm front stay safe & warm. We are due for it Tuesday and Wednesday. Ick, I know I have seen enough.

Well, all of you have a wonderful day!! :ghug

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Hi Tabby! Oh, I'm so happy that you're feeling like crocheting again! :manyheart

Sorry for the quick post, but we're leaving for my oral surgeon's office for the 2nd part of the implants...then we go straight to my dentist's office for crown work. DH is taking me, since he couldn't get to work anyway - Dallas is iced in and Fort Worth is dry!

Take care and I'll check in later. :)

Good morning everyone. Six inches of snow and now we're having sleet or ice pellets. I'm not sure which. And there is ice under the snow. Everything is closed. We are definitely not set up for this. It's very windy, too. A good day to stay inside and veg. John is working from home, needless to say, so I have the day off.

Archived