Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Aww, German Shepherds are so pretty. :) They're my little brother's favorite dog. :) I'm sorry to hear about Susie! :(

Thanks, CJ.

We've had GSDs since 1976 and adore them. They're very devoted to their family and often attach to one family member.

Lucky you to have kids come and shovel- I thought that would never happen. I would have gladly paid too!!!

our neighbor was at work, so these kids were a godsend.

I hope I am ok posting this!!! So----I love my big slippers- i've made them taller so I can slouch them if I would like! I made them look like a sock (used 2 strands of yarn together) so they are thick and I bought coordinating flip flops when they were on sale end of season. Cut off the straps---leave the plugs though and run super glue around them to seal them up! Then......VIOLA----you have slippers that aren't slick on your tile or wood floors and if you want to run to the store in them you can do that also! I haven't figured out how to get a picture over here from my facebook just yet! I love them though!

Sounds like some smart thinking! Welcome to the group. What else have you made?

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, CJ.

We've had GSDs since 1976 and adore them. They're very devoted to their family and often attach to one family member.

our neighbor was at work, so these kids were a godsend.

Sounds like some smart thinking! Welcome to the group. What else have you made?

I have made quite a few afghans, simple -quick and easy ones, sport team colors. Gazillion diff. beanies, a few American Girl outfits.

I have made quite a few afghans, simple -quick and easy ones, sport team colors. Gazillion diff. beanies, a few American Girl outfits.

Sounds like you found the right thread to follow here:yes...we're all into different things and some of us are also involved in other crafts in addition to crochet.

would you like to share your first name?

:hi

I hope I am ok posting this!!! So----I love my big slippers- i've made them taller so I can slouch them if I would like! I made them look like a sock (used 2 strands of yarn together) so they are thick and I bought coordinating flip flops when they were on sale end of season. Cut off the straps---leave the plugs though and run super glue around them to seal them up! Then......VIOLA----you have slippers that aren't slick on your tile or wood floors and if you want to run to the store in them you can do that also! I haven't figured out how to get a picture over here from my facebook just yet! I love them though!

Those sound really comfy! :) Do you have a pattern that you followed? Welcome to this CAL! :D

Night Judy!:hug

Good evening ladies :hi

I was able to get quite a bit of paperwork done at work today since it was slow. It did pick up after lunch though for about the last 2 hours :eek:lol Had my headache most of the day. It kinda went away after lunch to just a slight ache :think I had a crab cake and salad so am thinking the seafood helped, since I forgot my vitamins and didn't get my daily dose of omegas :think That's my theory because bfast didn't make any change in it :shrug

Judy - I'm glad you and Sparkie had such fun :yes

LeAnna - Sorry to hear about the mess with your chorale practice :hug :hug

Dusti - What are you working on today?

Shuttlebuggy - :hi

CJ - :yay for school going by quickly

Joanne - I never did take the motrin :blush Glad you were able to work from home ;D

Linda - I'm glad to hear that John stayed home today :yes I'm sure he'll be careful tomorrow. Not only did you get sooo much more than we did here, but you guys aren't even equipped to deal with it :hug :hug :hug Just keep yourselves safe.

LovinThis - :hi I love your flip flop slipper idea :yes What else are you working on now?

I have some sweet potato fries heating up in the toaster oven and they are starting to smell really really yummy :drool

Hi Ladies,

Valarie, Glad you made it to work and home safely. When my DD lived in Ohio the state would determine when people couldn't be on the roads because of the storms and they enforced it. They had different levels for storms. To bad Georgia doesn't take this method up or at that matter all states. Hope your Dad is still improving. Keeping him in my prayers.

Marisa, I hope the motrin helped your headache. I will put your receptionist and her family in my prayers.

LeAnna, Glad you got home safely and Hub-E'S trip is just as safe.

Judy, Are labs loved playing in the snow to. My son and a friend use to shovel for people all the time when he was a kid. We lived near a mobile home park for awhile and they could make some nice money.

Mary, Welcome! Have fun playing in the snow.

Lovinthis32-Welcome! Sounds like a nifty way to get bottoms for your slippers.

Cindy, Enjoy the potluck tonight.

Julie, Did you read today?

Joanne, I bet you really enjoyed paradise at home today.

Today we took the New Years decorations down in the dining hall and packed away for another year. Then we had lunch. Potato and ham soup with a grilled cheese and chocolate ice cream with hot fudge topping. We we cook or work in the dining hall the owner likes to feeds all lunch. After lunch was all cleaned up we made chocolate chip cookies and freezed them for the jam sessions. We probably made 300 or more. We have 2 stoves in the dh and we were there for 3 hours.

The pt office called me and my insurance said they didn't have to give the okay for me as things changed on 1/1/11. So I start treatments tomorrow then 3 times next week. I was thinking if there are stretching my neck then maybe I will gain some of my height back that I have lost over the last 3 years. Probably won't happen but it would be nice.

I hope everyone is staying safe and warm. It wasn't very warm here today and one more day then we will be in the 60's.

Cards tonight so I will catch you all tomorrow. Have a warm night!

Well the repairman was here and we have use of our washer again. He found the problem to be a pair of panties shoved into the hose leading from the detergent compartment to the drum. Works fine now. I'm going to run laundry for a few hours and then let it run a sanitizing cycle while I sleep in order for it to be done in the morning.

DS got called into work three hours early today and is still there even though he was only scheduled to work 11-2. He was given the choice and chose to stay. As he puts it, if others don't want to work he'll take the hours with no problem. He told me that he would be better able to help with bills around the house by working the extra hours.

Is that a great kid or what?

Working on the afghans, even though it's slow going right now. Have no energy and my wrist is killing me. Harry's starting to get worried because I've been having so many problems breathing lately. He's even threatened to drag me to the doctor's office if I don't start feeling better soon.

Oh well, I guess that's it for now. Try to check in tomorrow morning.

Just a quick stop by to say HI there House Family. I had a great day today for I was able to sleep an hour later since my darling grand babies was showing up at my house later. I played out in the snow with Jaedon and then did some crocheting. Yep you got it, I'm tired but I also feel as if I'm roaring to go, where maybe to bed. :lol:lol I'm feeling much better now with the head cold. It's getting better and I think getting my treatment on Monday actually help me so much.

Linda - Oh thank you so much for the card and the pretty snow flake, when I open the card and seen the delicate snow flake it brought a huge smile to my face. Gee thanks so much. :hug

Marlene - I'm glad you are able to crochet with the hand brace. Many times in order to crochet I had to wear braces on my hand and some times those theraputic gloves that you can buy in the craft stores. That's great you will be getting PT. :hug

Judy, Marisa, Julie, Cindy, Leanna and Joanne - Hiya :hug

I see there's a few people in the house that I don't know yet, WELCOME and Hiya :hug:hug

To the rest of the house Hey there :cheer:cheer, HUGS :manyheart

I'm back home after stuffing myself at the church potluck. Why does food always taste better when someone else makes it? I concocted a casserole out of the leftovers in my refrigerator, (chicken, broccoli, carrots), some frozen hash browns, onions, peppers, cheese, sour cream, a can cream soup and some seasonings. It was surprisingly good. DD asked if I would make it again. I told her, I'd try.

Lovinthis32, your slippers sound very unique. If I understand you correctly, you crocheted a sock-like slipper and glued the bottom of a pair of flip flops to the soles?

Marlene, it sounds like you are way too busy in Texas to do any crafting!

Cheeria, WTG for an extra hour of sleep!

Joanne, glad you could work at home today. Hopefully the roads will be much better tomorrow.

Shannon, your ds sounds like a terrific young man.

Marisa, I think it's nice to have a slow day at work once in a while,since it gives you a chance to do things that get put off when its busy.

Good night everyone.

Those sound ingenious! Welcome to Crochetville and to our group. :welcome I finished adding the extra borders to the oriental quilt this afternoon and cut out and have tentatively placed the extra butterflies to be appliqued. I'll need to lay it out on the bed tomorrow and check the layout. I love how the colors are working on it. I'll try to get a picture of it for Photo Friday.

I'm so glad you are going to be getting therapy, Marlene. :hug

Shannon, your son sounds like a sweetie. Take care of yourself and don't let that breathing problem get totally out of control before you see someone about it. :hug

Hope the headache is better, Marisa. :hug

John is sore, but he's planning on going to work tomorrow so it's a good thing he got all the work done on the driveway today.

Good Evening all!:hi Sorry for not replying individually, but I'm wiped out!:tired It was my 4 day week and I was swamped all week and barely got a chance to pop in. I read everyone's posts though!

Hope all of you that are getting rough weather are staying safe and warm.:hug Our weather has been really cold for us and we've got a small amount of rain but nothing at all like everyone else.

Haven't done any :crocheting since Sunday:( Maybe I'll be able to get a lot done on my days off, although it's not likely this week.

:hug To you all, especially those that are facing health issues themselves or loved ones.

Have a great night.

Good morning!

Welcome lovinthis32! Your slippers sound so unique- Can you share a picture?

Trish- Enjoy your days off!!!

Cheeria- Glad that you are feeling better and that you had some fun in the snow with Jaedon!

Linda- I bet John will be very happy to be heading out to "paradise" today! Work-a-holics don't do well when they can't be where they want to be- which would be work!

I, on the other hand, loved working from home. I wouldn't want to do it every day- but I could definitely enjoy working from home part of the week! It's really nice when you get to cut out the commute and when your day is done, you are already home!! I find it more productive to be working from home too- no distractions!

Judy- I'm not all that disciplined- but when I'm getting paid to work, that what's I do. I would feel very guilty if I didn't put in my 8 hours! I am not looking forward to the commute this morning- since there will probably be some icy patches- so I'm going to head in early- when there are less cars on the road.

Cindy- The potluck dish sounds yummy. Sometimes, the best meals are the ones that are thrown together! Glad you had a good time.

After dinner last evening, I made a cowl for me to wear in Boston. I used this patternhttp://jaidalouisa.blogspot.com/2010/12/half-hour-cowl.html It worked up really quick so I'll probably make one for both of my DD's tonight so we'll all have one up in Boston! After working on that, I did a few more blocks on my flannelghan and then headed to bed to read for a bit. I opened my Nook and remembered I never finished Hostile Intent- so continued with that book for about 20 minutes and then I was off to la-la land!

Hope EVERYONE has a good day- and stays warm and safe.

After today, I'm not back to Paradise until next Wednesday:clap:clap

This is a work in progress, but it's the afghan I'll be giving away when I have my baby shower as a door prize. It's also what I've been working on since I've been stranded at my friend's house! lol

I love your square, and your blanket! All those bright colors! :manyheart

After dinner last evening, I made a cowl for me to wear in Boston. I used this patternhttp://jaidalouisa.blogspot.com/2010/12/half-hour-cowl.html It worked up really quick so I'll probably make one for both of my DD's tonight so we'll all have one up in Boston! After working on that, I did a few more blocks on my flannelghan and then headed to bed to read for a bit. I opened my Nook and remembered I never finished Hostile Intent- so continued with that book for about 20 minutes and then I was off to la-la land!

Nice cowl, thanks for the pattern. I made her favorite scarf pattern before, but I never noticed any of her other patterns. I made myself a cowl last year. but forgot I ahd it, so when we went to the ice festival last weekend, I wore a scarf, but, while I was walking around, I was thinking how nice a cowl would have been. My face was cold, and my scarf wouldn't stay up around my chin at all.

Good morning. Cold here, and snowing a bit. I don't think it is going to amount to more than a few inches. I am going to go to Kohls this morning with my 30% off coupon. I don;t need a thing, but maybe I will find some bargains. I also have to get a haircut.

Just stopping in for a brief moment to say Good Morning :cheer:cheer:cheer as I wait for the little darlings to get here.

Joanne - nice cowl pattern

Shannon - I love the colors you are using for the afghan and the squares. They look like fun colors.

To the rest of the house have a fun, safe, warm day. Sorry I got to run, they are Here. :hug:hug

What do yall think of my latest 12 inch square that's currently in progress?

What an interesting square! Nice.

This is a work in progress, but it's the afghan I'll be giving away when I have my baby shower as a door prize. It's also what I've been working on since I've been stranded at my friend's house! lol

Love the colors in the afghan.

John made it safely down our driveway and to the corner. Hopefully he's at work by now. He gave himself an hour to make it there for a 9:30 meeting. Hopefully that was enough extra time. It usually only takes 25 to 30 minutes.

I laid the oriental quilt top out on the guest bed this morning and moved some of the butterflies around and added two more to it. I like what I've come up with now. I'll have Rosie take a look at it before I start appliquing I think. I've got 20 butterflies on the borders to do. :lol :lol :lol Am I nuts or what? They are swirling around the flowered center and a few are going into it. There are a few floating above it and some underneath headed toward it. I used all turquoise and black borders and really like the way they frame the center. It's going to be double bed size.

Archived