Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Hi all,

I'm safely in Boston. We had a good ride up- that is until we hit an accident on the Merritt Parkway and traffic was at a standstill. So since my DD is adventurous- she said just get off the exit- we'll figure it out. So got off the parkway and made a left and went in the same direction as the parkway was going. Went about 2 miles or so and made another left- You had to go R or L- and about another mile down the road was an entrance ramp back on the parkway- two exits up from where the accident was and there were no cars on the road- they were all still stuck behind the accident! I never would have done that if I was alone in the car. The trees along the Merritt Parkway were all snow covered and it was really beautiful.

There is quite a lot of snow here in Boston- and walking is somewhat of a challenge- if folks haven't shoveled their sidewalks or if there are mounds by the roads where you cross the street. But I found it interesting that the temp in my car thermometer said 22 degrees in Nj at 11:00 and at 1:00 in CT it was 24 and by the time we hit Boston at 4 it was 27 degrees. So it really is no colder than NJ- just alot more snow!!!

We got to town earlier than my DD gets out of work so we went to a cafe and had a nice cup of coffee- DD and her BF were reading and I was crocheting a scarf. Before you know it, it was time to meet DD and we went out dinner. They both made choc chip cookies when we got back and now we are all just relaxing. All in all a very nice day.

Linda- That quilt is awesome!!! So glad that John 'gets it" I don't think my DH "gets it" yet, but he's learning- this is what I like to do and it keeps me sane!!

Judy- Love the 9 patch - love how they look- just don't like all the whipstitching. And I really like how the round blanket is turning out!

Tab- That's great that you are already on a 2nd ghan! Will you get a chance to take pics? Hope the bursitis clears up for you!

Marlene- Sounds like a lot of cooking but those burritos sound yummy!

Kiyo- what a beautiful name!

Sherri- Good luck with the packing up! And 14 projects? Wow!!! Guess you are never bored with being able to alternate between them all.

Dusti- The car did smell yummy with the bagels--and as soon as I picked up DD and her BF- they immediately opened the bag and had one each---then the car really smelled good!!!

Well, off to read for a bit- and I'll be back in the AM

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LeAnna- The center of Vashon sounds like it would be my kind of town. I love where my DD lives! She isn't in downtown Boston- but there are lots of shops/cafes, etc- all within walking distance!!! I just love NOT having to get in a car to do everything!!!!

Hi all,

I'm safely in Boston. We had a good ride up- that is until we hit an accident on the Merritt Parkway and traffic was at a standstill. So since my DD is adventurous- she said just get off the exit- we'll figure it out. So got off the parkway and made a left and went in the same direction as the parkway was going. Went about 2 miles or so and made another left- You had to go R or L- and about another mile down the road was an entrance ramp back on the parkway- two exits up from where the accident was and there were no cars on the road- they were all still stuck behind the accident! I never would have done that if I was alone in the car. The trees along the Merritt Parkway were all snow covered and it was really beautiful.

There is quite a lot of snow here in Boston- and walking is somewhat of a challenge- if folks haven't shoveled their sidewalks or if there are mounds by the roads where you cross the street. But I found it interesting that the temp in my car thermometer said 22 degrees in Nj at 11:00 and at 1:00 in CT it was 24 and by the time we hit Boston at 4 it was 27 degrees. So it really is no colder than NJ- just alot more snow!!!

We got to town earlier than my DD gets out of work so we went to a cafe and had a nice cup of coffee- DD and her BF were reading and I was crocheting a scarf. Before you know it, it was time to meet DD and we went out dinner. They both made choc chip cookies when we got back and now we are all just relaxing. All in all a very nice day.

Linda- That quilt is awesome!!! So glad that John 'gets it" I don't think my DH "gets it" yet, but he's learning- this is what I like to do and it keeps me sane!!

Judy- Love the 9 patch - love how they look- just don't like all the whipstitching. And I really like how the round blanket is turning out!

Tab- That's great that you are already on a 2nd ghan! Will you get a chance to take pics? Hope the bursitis clears up for you!

Marlene- Sounds like a lot of cooking but those burritos sound yummy!

Kiyo- what a beautiful name!

Sherri- Good luck with the packing up! And 14 projects? Wow!!! Guess you are never bored with being able to alternate between them all.

Dusti- The car did smell yummy with the bagels--and as soon as I picked up DD and her BF- they immediately opened the bag and had one each---then the car really smelled good!!!

Well, off to read for a bit- and I'll be back in the AM

Thanks, Joanne. Nope not bored. Glad you made it safely driving through the snow.

Hi Ladies, Very long day today. Was in the kitchen for 8 hours then to dinner and back to catch the sale for park residents only from 7-9. We came home at 8:30 and we have to be back at the kitchen at 6:30. Now were making over 500 burritos. Sale ends at 2 so may come back and take a nap. But I'm heading to bed now. Have a safe nice weekend everyone.

Good morning!!

Marlene- You sure are keeping VERY busy in TX!! Hope you get to relax a little tomorrow- 500 burritos sure is a lot!!!

Marisa- Have fun getting your hair colored today at Mom's. How was the game last night and your trek to the Poconos? Do they have a lot of snow up there?

I actually slept in until 7:15 this morning which was nice. The house is still very quiet so I figured I'd check in here and then read or crochet while waiting for everyone to get up. We are heading out about noon or so for the hockey game and meet up with relatives- can't wait!

Hope you all have a good Saturday!!!!

Good morning, everyone. We got a lot of snow overnight. DD just got home from work, and said the roads are terrible. Since I don't have anywhere to go today, I don't really mind. Just as long as it clears up by Monday.

Since DD has to sleep today, (she works again tonight), I will be hanging out downstairs, crafting.

Marlene, your days are just a whirlwind of activity, aren';t they. I'd definitely need to nap, if I was as busy as you are!

Joanne, your day sounds fun, and what a nice way to start it, just relaxing with a book and a craft project. Did you finish the cowls for your DD's?

Marisa, hope you made it safely to your parents.

Julie, have a good day with Cam.

Tabm WTG on the baby blankets. You sure got them finished fast.

Good morning, peeps!

Lovely!

TY!:hook Good to see you..and not too much posting of projects except for a newcomer...if you check back a page or 2, depending on how many posts you see at once, she has lots of cute stuff showing over 3 posts, I think!

beautiful work!

TY!:D

I finished the one baby ghan & since he bought me so much of it I am almost done with a second. :cheer Sorry that I haven't been keeping up much, but it is one thing after another here.......I have bursitis is my right hip, o too much time in the computer chair send me through the roof. I will try to get on as much as possible even if it is just a hello from my ipod.

Pics of baby ghans???

And I have a similar problem when I sit in my computer chair - not sure what it is, though.

Judy~Those are both beautiful.....I may have to make a baby 9 patch. Cute!

Thanks - next time I may make bigger squares so the ghan is larger.:yes

Hi all,

I'm safely in Boston. We had a good ride up- that is until we hit an accident on the Merritt Parkway and traffic was at a standstill. So since my DD is adventurous- she said just get off the exit- we'll figure it out. So got off the parkway and made a left and went in the same direction as the parkway was going. Went about 2 miles or so and made another left- You had to go R or L- and about another mile down the road was an entrance ramp back on the parkway- two exits up from where the accident was and there were no cars on the road- they were all still stuck behind the accident! I never would have done that if I was alone in the car. The trees along the Merritt Parkway were all snow covered and it was really beautiful.WTG for youth and adventurous spirits!

Thanks..the round one is already done - lapghan size.:D

Hi Ladies, Very long day today. Was in the kitchen for 8 hours then to dinner and back to catch the sale for park residents only from 7-9. We came home at 8:30 and we have to be back at the kitchen at 6:30. Now were making over 500 burritos. Sale ends at 2 so may come back and take a nap. But I'm heading to bed now. Have a safe nice weekend everyone.
Wow - you must be wiped out!

HAve a good day, ladies!

Good morning ladies :hi

Yep, I am safely at my parents house :D My sixers won the game last night :clap Then I headed out. No problems with the roads, but did hit a small spell of construction that was slow going. So overall, not a bad trip :yay There's still alot of snow here, but not near what it sounds like Boston has (joanne).

I just scanned through the posts and Marlene's bfast burritos sound great :drool Linda's oriental quilt and Judy's baby 9 patch and lapghan are all just gorgeous :manyheart.

I started a new cardigan for Madeline, who did not grace us with her presence yet. I only did a few rows and thought it would look small, so took it out and am going to start anew with a bigger size :yes

My mom's making me some bfast now, so off to eat it ;) The joys of being home :lol

Waiting for everyone to finish getting ready and then we'll be heading out! Worked on another scarf this morning while they were sleeping. DD had made homemade cinnamon rolls a few weeks ago and had frozen them. They were thawing last night- she made yummy frosting for them this morning and let me tell you- they were heavenly!! So much for WW with them- and who needs Cinnabon when you can have homemade from scratch like the ones I had. Good thing we'll be doing some walking today!!!

It is a beautiful, bright sunny day- even though it is cold, it looks sooooo pretty!!! And we'll all be nice and warm in our new cowls!!!:hook

Have a wonderful day!

Morning Peeps in the House!

Today's work requirement has been fulfilled. Banking and bills are done. DH is busy packing. But after lunch we are venturing out to visit the Wool and Cotton Shop.

Hope you are having a good start to your weekend. :manyheart

Hello. :manyheart

I will get pics of the baby ghans as soon as I border the second one. :hook Well, Hubby went out today to "pay bills" and he came back with a new computer chair. I wanted to die when I saw the cost but he'll never return it SO I guess I will just enjoy it. :yes I hope it helps with the pain. :yes

I hope all of you are having a fantastical Saturday & I will pop in later. :manyheart

Photo Friday:

baby 9 patch and lapghan

Very, very pretty, Judy.

I went out to breakfast with Rosie and John this morning and then Rosie and I went to a quilt store the next town up the road. Made it home with 30 minutes to spare before a friend of John's from work came by to pick me up for lunch and to talk about making her a quilt. She likes my stuff, now we have to decide on a pattern and material. Today was getting to know each other and a lot of fun. She likes a lot of the sme colors that I do which means it will be fun for me to work on.

Have a great day, everyone. :manyheart

Happy Saturday, everyone. The week has been a busy one and I haven't been here since Tuesday! :eek DH had eye appointments Wed. and Thurs., I had to go back to the dentist, babysat for Little Guy yesterday and one trip to the parents. Needless to say, I'm a little behind here. :lol

LovinThis32 ~ Welcome from me, too! I loved seeing your pictures...the hats are all so cute. :hook

Twinkle ~ Your square and afghan are both really pretty. :clap

Linda ~ Wow! It's been a while since you showed us your quilt - it's beautiful! :cheer

Judy ~ The baby 9-patch is adorable. :c9 Love the round lapghan, too!

Tabby ~ It's so good to see that you're back in the crochet mode. :manyheart Looking forward to pictures!

I know I'm missing sooo many of you, but I've read each and every post and hope to keep up better. (How many times have I said that lately? ;))

My evenings have been filled with crocheting - the Stitch Sampler (started in 2008 :blush) is finished. Or should I say, I ended it. :lol It's about 54 inches square and hope to get pictures later.

I hope you are all okay and are having a good weekend. :manyheart

Hi again. Here is my version of the Stitch Sampler. Of course, I cheated and changed some of the row patterns...I hate bobbles. :lol It is mostly Vanna's Choice and some TLC yarn all from my stash! Now on to the next WIP. :)

post-10699-135897616524_thumb.jpg

Hi again. Here is my version of the Stitch Sampler. Of course, I cheated and changed some of the row patterns...I hate bobbles. :lol It is mostly Vanna's Choice and some TLC yarn all from my stash! Now on to the next WIP. :)

Its beautiful!

Well, Hubby went out today to "pay bills" and he came back with a new computer chair. I wanted to die when I saw the cost but he'll never return it SO I guess I will just enjoy it. :yes I hope it helps with the pain. :yes

oh, how sweet! I hope it helps:hug

Very, very pretty, Judy.

thanks!

I went out to breakfast with Rosie and John this morning and then Rosie and I went to a quilt store the next town up the road. Made it home with 30 minutes to spare before a friend of John's from work came by to pick me up for lunch and to talk about making her a quilt. She likes my stuff, now we have to decide on a pattern and material. Today was getting to know each other and a lot of fun. She likes a lot of the sme colors that I do which means it will be fun for me to work on.

it's so much more fun when it's colors you love:c9

Happy Saturday, everyone. The week has been a busy one and I haven't been here since Tuesday! :eek DH had eye appointments Wed. and Thurs., I had to go back to the dentist, babysat for Little Guy yesterday and one trip to the parents. Needless to say, I'm a little behind here. :lol

you must be soooo tired!

Judy ~ The baby 9-patch is adorable. :c9 Love the round lapghan, too!

thanks!

My evenings have been filled with crocheting - the Stitch Sampler (started in 2008 :blush) is finished. Or should I say, I ended it. :lol It's about 54 inches square and hope to get pictures later.

:yay:yay:yay

that is gorgeous!!! your color choices are much prettier than the picture I remember seeing in the pattern book:yes

Gorgeous afghan Mary!!!

Didn't get to see the win by the Steelers- but DH called me and told me- Marisa- you must be very happy!!!

Linda- It's really neat that you are being commissioned to make one of your beautiful quilts!!! How fun!!!

Sherri- How was your trek to the LYS?

We had a wonderful day! Just got back to DD's a little while ago. It was cold out there today- but BC campus is really beautiful. The trees are all covered in snow and there are some really gorgeous buildings!! After the hockey game (BC lost) we went out to dinner at a French restaurant that my cousin had gone to- the food was really good and we all had a great time!!! It was so nice to see family that I don't get to see very often- and you know how it goes- you see them at weddings or funerals- and this was just so nice to have a relaxing hanging out with each other kind of day!:manyheart

Gorgeous afghan Mary!!!

Didn't get to see the win by the Steelers- but DH called me and told me- Marisa- you must be very happy!!!

Linda- It's really neat that you are being commissioned to make one of your beautiful quilts!!! How fun!!!

We had a wonderful day! Just got back to DD's a little while ago. It was cold out there today- but BC campus is really beautiful. The trees are all covered in snow and there are some really gorgeous buildings!! After the hockey game (BC lost) we went out to dinner at a French restaurant that my cousin had gone to- the food was really good and we all had a great time!!! It was so nice to see family that I don't get to see very often- and you know how it goes- you see them at weddings or funerals- and this was just so nice to have a relaxing hanging out with each other kind of day!:manyheart

It was fabulous. Sounds like your day was too. Here's a pic of my haul. The garnet is going to be a scarf, the rest will become socks. Lots of socks, but not for awhile. For the time being I'm content to just look at the yarn and search for patterns.

post-13672-13589761653_thumb.jpg

Good morning!

Sherri- Nice yarn- sounds like you did have a great day too!!! It IS fun to look at yarn and search for patterns!!!

The house is quiet with everyone asleep- It's so nice to just sit quietly with a cup of coffee and look out the windows with the snow on the branches . There was a dusting of snow last evening- but just that a dusting! Whew!

Today is going to be a quieter day than yesterday. We did a lot of walking yesterday so I guess that dinner and the cinnamon rolls in the morning didn't do too much damage to my waistline-:lol DD's mentioned something about maybe going to brunch and then just coming back and reading/watching movies and of course i want to watch Jets vs Patriots. We'll see how the day pans out when they are all awake in a few hours!

Thinking of you all and hoping you have a relaxing wonderful Sunday!:hug

Good morning ~

I thought I would have some time to browse the posts, write a friendly response and refill my coffee cup before the munchkins woke up, but, alas, I hear them giggling in the basement (they wanted a sleepover in the family room last night, just the two of them, so we made it cozy, offered some popcorn and let them whisper and chatter with each other until they got too tired to keep their eyes open.), and I know it is mere minutes before they emerge and claim they are, "Starving." Note to self: type quickly.

Hope your weekends are going smoothly. Joanne, I love hearing about your time with your DDs. Your weekend sounds to be just what you needed, some Rest & Relaxation mixed in with some family togetherness :yes

Linda ~ :yay for a fun meet-and-greet with John's co-worker. I just know you will create a quilt for her that is perfect.

Mary ~ Your stitch sampler is soooo pretty. Here's a :hug, because we are thinking of you. Does Luke have any new tricks this week?

Judy ~ Your Baby 9-Patch looks so squishy and perfect for cuddling. Didn't you ever whip up that lapghan in a flash?! A very nice use of Homespun :manyheart

Marlene ~ Whew, you cook for a crew when you get started down there at the park, don't you? Hope you had an opportunity to put your feet up and take a nap when it was all over. Today's agenda? Are you staying warm enough this week?

Everyone else ~ So sorry for not giving a personalized note. I really have to run, or the girls are going to try making their own breakfasts :eek I hope to pop back in here with photos this afternoon. 'Til then, :hug

Beautiful :manyheart

Marisa, that Pittsburg win was amazing!:clap:cheer:clap

Gorgeous afghan Mary!!!

Yes ladies, I must say I was surprised to hear the news after the how they played in the first half :( I didn't get to see the second half because me, my mom, and my aunt went to the movies.

It was fabulous. Sounds like your day was too. Here's a pic of my haul. The garnet is going to be a scarf, the rest will become socks. Lots of socks, but not for awhile. For the time being I'm content to just look at the yarn and search for patterns.

Nice yarn Sherri :D

Archived