Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome, Wrennie!! :hook

Dusti, no, this bag is for me (I also made the cotton version, but didn't line it yet. I baste the top in loosely.

Ask...and ye shall receive:

Beautiful bag, Judy.

Dusti ~ My daughter went through a picky eater stage at one time when she was little. All she wanted at restaurants was "s'getti" and she was heartbroken when when one of them discontinued it. Nothing else would do. The poor waitress felt soooo bad. Joy was sobbing. Not one of our better trips out. Luckily it didn't last too long.

Good morning ladies :hi

Nothing new to report since last night :no My bro had 250 pics up for me to look at :clap All of the nephews and niece :D It was fun to watch the slideshow. I finished my baby blanket and will do the border tonight, then in the mail in the morning before work :xfin

I hope everyone has a wonderful day :hug

HOW AWESOME! Modern technology these days eh! How happy for you!

Thanks Kiyo. I have a short attention span, so I need lots of different things to entertain me!

I'm right there along with you- I haven't gotten into cross stitching (too slow for me) and no desire to knit, I can't even use chop sticks and I'm half Japanese :0) I do scrapbook and make cards (rubber stamping) but I do have about 20 diff. crochet projects going on at one time!

Hey there house family, I have a moment at this time to post while the grand lil darlings are playing and don't need me at the moment. I guess I need to have my blood tested again for I'm starting to feel run down, exhausted and tired all the time and the minute my head hit the pillow I'm out for the count of not even 3. :think As the baby get bigger and stronger he want to be on the floor crawling and playing with all his toys and his brother's toys. It's easy to get the baby to nap but I'm having a hard time for Jaedon to just lie down and nap. He tells me grandma, "I just want to play, play, play." :think I am getting a few rows of my afghan done each day and probably on Friday I will share a picture of what I'm working on. In the meantime here is a picture of the square I completed for the CAL over at Raverly.

squares 12 inch 002

I see many new friends have joined and I want to say hi and welcome to our house. :cheer:manyheart

Cindy - I agree with you I can't wait for spring to arrive either, it's my favorite season when all is becoming new again, for it brings about a newness to my life. :hug

Dusti - the flower ghan pattern sounds interesting, I don't remember if I ever said hello to you, but Hi there. :cheer

Judy - Hey you, nice felted bag How have you been???? :hug

Marisa - Oh sweetee I'm so very sorry to hear about your cousin's ordeal, I will keep her in my prayers. I went through a bone marrow biopsy it was very painful but yield many answers. Hugs to her, your family and you. :hug:hug

Joanne- what a sweet DH you have to get you your IPAD, now you can do something else with your bonus check. :hug

Twinklesnow - I can feel your excitment about your felted bag, how did it turn out. :hug

Julie - Hey there :cheer:cheer:hug

Marlene - glad your crocheting again. :hook:hug

Well got to run and feed the hungry lil grand darlings, I'm so glad I had a chance today to post to the group for I miss all of you and all of you are very dear to me and have been on my mind. HUGS to anyone I may have miss. I will try to come back tomorrow until that time take care House Family. :hug:hug

Aree loves to model....can you tell----and good thing this hat isn't hers, it's a lilllll bit too tight lol. I actually used this pattern by Amy Depew posted back in July- I had done the lil red hat a couple weeks ago just playing around with 2 fpdc and 2 bpdc, this one was single. The fpdc/bpdc allows for a lot of stretching! Love it

post-35667-13589761804_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897618044_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897618047_thumb.jpg

post-35667-13589761805_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897618054_thumb.jpg

Hi gang

Back again from my self-imposed exile .

Welcome to our new people ,it is sure great to see this place hopping again ,just like back in the olden days .

Sorry I had to step out again for a bit . Those that have known me a long time, know that I do that from time to time when life gets kinda rough.... I need to step out and go into hibernation mode until the latest issue is resolved . I get a little bogged down with life sometimes, so need to remove myself from as much as possible until the latest storm passes .

Anyhow, I 'm back, and hoping that things behave and settle down again .

I ended up buying more Caron SS tha other day. I'm sorry but I'm just not a doily person. I love looking at them,but don't enjoy making them.

The dishcloths, you can only make so many ,so I bought more yarn. I am going to try just using it a little at a time, then taking a break and reading the rest of the day,so maybe I can do it in small doses .

I looked for a lingerie bag and couldnt find one,and couldnt think of anything to use in place of one,so I cant try Marisa's yarn washing idea.

Anyhow, I am SO far behind on posts it is not even funny,so wont even attempt to answer anyone because I will end u[ leaving someone else out.

So, I will just say howdy to all ,and good to be back .

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping busy and hanging in there with this winter weather .

Each year, I get tired of winter a little bit earlier .Today we kinda have some sleet-type stuff falling which makes for slippery walking/driving .

Question of the day :

What is your FAVORITE part of spring ? I thik mine is seeing the little purple flowers --- whatever they are,that seem to peek out here before anything else .

It shows that spring is on the way -- it may take another 6 weeks to GET here, but at least it is a sign of better weather ahead .

YOUR TURN .................

Jude

Love your bag - did you do the sewn insert too ? Great job !

Hi cheeria

Love the colors of your new square-- the tan and blues look pretty together .

I remember when Cam got too big for naps too, it got harder to get him to sleep in the afternoons ! I'd usually lay down with him and read him some books, hoping he'd fall asleep, but I usually fell asleep,with him sitting there looking at the books,waiting on me to wake up !

Kiyo

Wow, you must be very speedy ! You make lots of items ! Love the afghan -- is it a pattern online ?

Jude

Hi cheeria

Love the colors of your new square-- the tan and blues look pretty together .

I remember when Cam got too big for naps too, it got harder to get him to sleep in the afternoons ! I'd usually lay down with him and read him some books, hoping he'd fall asleep, but I usually fell asleep,with him sitting there looking at the books,waiting on me to wake up !

Kiyo

Wow, you must be very speedy ! You make lots of items ! Love the afghan -- is it a pattern online ?

Hi Julie- everything has been done in the last 3 months except the blanket- and that was a pattern..............from a few years ago that I found somewhere, can't remember where though- I'm sorry. It's kind of like a bubble stitch I remember and then I used the Caron- LOVE that yarn for softness and the bright colors!

Kiyo

The red hat is so cute !

Jude

Is that a JETS helmet I see ?????

You guys are lucky you have 2 good football teams to cheer for -- if one messes up,the other one pulls through .

We have 2 lousy teams --Browns and Bengals .Neither one worth cheering for .

Kiyo

The red hat is so cute !

Jude

You guys are lucky you have 2 good football teams to cheer for -- if one messes up,the other one pulls through .

We have 2 lousy teams --Browns and Bengals .Neither one worth cheering for .

HEY----I made a Browns blanket- I will have to take a photo of it tonight and post it tomorrow-I was going to give it to someone----changed my mind and did something else!

Cheeria and Kiyo, nice projects.

Julie, glad you are here for a bit again. Does the SS bother you less than other yarns? If so maybe Caron's Country and Spa would be other choices for you. To me they seem a little less "sheddy".

And Julie, my favorite part of spring is planting flowers.

Kiyo

Yea, the Browns at least have pretty colors together . I made my cousin an afghan in those colors a few years ago . I'd like to see the photo of yours .

Cindy

Good to be back -- and yea, I would guess the flowers would be your favorite since you love to plant and work in your yard .

Maybe you'd have some "garden flower" type photos you could post sometime to bring a little springtime in here early !

Are you off work today or all week ?

~~Forgot to answer your yarn question --

The Caron SS does seem to be less bothersome than RH -- it is the worst of all,and the Caron I can use for a short while before it starts bothering my eyes ,throat and breathing,so I am gonna try a new system and just use it for a short time each day,then pick up a book for the rest of my free time. Hopefully it will work out ok like that .

This is my friends little boy Houston whom the red hat was made for a couple weeks ago! Touched my heart that his Mom had his pics taken with it on!!!!

post-35667-135897618069_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897618072_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897618075_thumb.jpg

Judy, your book bag is lovely, and the colors look like you. The felting really shows off the yarn .

Beautiful bag, Judy.

Love your bag judy!

Thanks, ladies!:)

In the meantime here is a picture of the square I completed for the CAL over at Raverly.

squares 12 inch 002

That looks great! What are you going to use it for?

Judy - Hey you, nice felted bag How have you been???? :hug

I'm doing okay....thanks:manyheart

Aree loves to model....can you tell----and good thing this hat isn't hers, it's a lilllll bit too tight lol. I actually used this pattern by Amy Depew posted back in July- I had done the lil red hat a couple weeks ago just playing around with 2 fpdc and 2 bpdc, this one was single. The fpdc/bpdc allows for a lot of stretching! Love it

Wonderful work!:yes

I ended up buying more Caron SS tha other day. I'm sorry but I'm just not a doily person. I love looking at them,but don't enjoy making them.

The dishcloths, you can only make so many ,so I bought more yarn. I am going to try just using it a little at a time, then taking a break and reading the rest of the day,so maybe I can do it in small doses .

I looked for a lingerie bag and couldnt find one,and couldnt think of anything to use in place of one,so I cant try Marisa's yarn washing idea.

I got my lingerie bags in the big food store i go to - I think:think

What about tossing th eskiens into the dryer, as is, and just bounce them around on the air cycle for a bit? Might get some of the loose stuff off...

Question of the day :

What is your FAVORITE part of spring ? I thik mine is seeing the little purple flowers --- whatever they are,that seem to peek out here before anything else .

It shows that spring is on the way -- it may take another 6 weeks to GET here, but at least it is a sign of better weather ahead .

YOUR TURN .................

Getting annuals for our yard and the influx of birds at our birdbaths:D

Jude

Thanks -I just used my machine to seam up the 2 sides of a fat quarter after measuring it against the bag (seat of the pants sewing:lol) and put a couple of stitches in the bottom so it wouldn't come out. I basted the edging at the top by hand.

Jude

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

This is my friends little boy Houston whom the red hat was made for a couple weeks ago! Touched my heart that his Mom had his pics taken with it on!!!!

how perfect!! It's a terrific picture, too....

Jude

What section of the store are the bags in ? I didnt even know where to look !

If they have them, check the area that has sundries...like clothes pins...things like that. Or the laundry detergent aisle.

Dusti, no, this bag is for me (I also made the cotton version, but didn't line it yet. I baste the top in loosely.

Ask...and ye shall receive:

I LOVE your felted bag. May I now ask what yarn you used? Your bag is just beautiful.

Dusti ~ My daughter went through a picky eater stage at one time when she was little. All she wanted at restaurants was "s'getti" and she was heartbroken when when one of them discontinued it. Nothing else would do. The poor waitress felt soooo bad. Joy was sobbing. Not one of our better trips out. Luckily it didn't last too long.

Ooooh, I can picture that, and my heart breaks for you and Joy for having been that upset. Spaghetti is another food that is a no-go on this end. I tell ya...she's a challenging little sprite :yes

I can't even use chop sticks and I'm half Japanese :0) I do scrapbook and make cards (rubber stamping) but I do have about 20 diff. crochet projects going on at one time!

I had wondered about that with your name and all...chopsticks are much more fun as hair accessories or shawl pins, right? :wink Just a tidbit on me, I earned undergrad degrees in Japanese Language and Teaching Japanese to Speakers of Other Languages. I lived in Japan for a bit, and when I went, it was either, 'learn to use chopsticks or go hungry,' because I lived with a very traditional Japanese family for 18 months. We did not even own forks or butter knives. There were a couple of huge tablespoons around, for when we ate curry, but I had to become a quick master of the two pointy sticks -- I like food too much to go the other route :lol

Hi Cheeria ~ Pretty square. I am sorry to read that you are not feeling 100% perky these days. Chasing after two little uns again would do me in, and you do it so cheerfully. Bless your heart :heart Looking forward to peeking at your afghan, too, when you get a moment to share a photo. And, "Hello :waving," right back to you.

Good to see you this afternoon, Miss Julie :hug We are still plugging along on this end. I added three new projects to my WIP collection in the living room. I really cannot keep myself to working on only one project at a time, for some reason. I picked up my lingerie bag at Wal*M... in the aisle with hangers, clothespins and irons, if that helps. Good luck with the Caron SS. What are you going to make with the colors you picked up? I'm right with you -- I love the look of doilies and tablecloths, but I just do not get all that jazzed-up by working on the thread projects

Question of the day :

What is your FAVORITE part of spring ?

Cherry blossoms blooming. They are gorgeous to look at and beautiful to smell. Of course, we do not get them until June up here...but it's better late than never :lol

Cute model and wonderful hat. My goodness you have a talent for those. Your daughter is so photogenic, I love seeing her model your work.

We are home for the day. No stuck brakes on the car, today, so all went 100-times better than yesterday. DH will be happy, when he realizes that he did not have to come and rescue me for the second day in a row. Still nippy out there at -15, but the sunshine is out, and it feels nicer, now that the clouds have moved out of the area. Snuggle-up and stay warm, everyone :hug

I LOVE your felted bag. May I now ask what yarn you used? Your bag is just beautiful.

Thanks....the yarn was Patons Wool - NOT the superwash wool, since that won't felt. For that pattern I used one skein plus just a bit of my second. Just the regular wool. The variegated makes a beautiful shaded effect. I found out the length of the strap doesn't shrink like the body of the bag...:lol

Archived