Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Good evening ladies :hi

Work went really slow today despite it being busy :think We have a sixers game tomorrow night and my cousin is flying in from florida after the game. Close to midnight so she'll stay over and when my other friend leaves for her seminar sunday morning, my cousin and I will head up my parents :yes Don't worry if I'm sparse until about wednesday after tomorrow night. Tonight I'm going to work on my bernat mystery cal ghan that I've finally been able to put some time into sewing squares together :clap I'm at about 2/3 of them done now :yay

Marlene - the roads were just wet here this morning. Did you make french toast?

Cindy - Just Stacie is going to the seminar, but we will have some play time at the sixers game :yes

Linda - thank you :hug Roads were just wet this morning. Did the tea cup warm your hands a bit?

Judy - thank you :hug and also thanks for the recipe....I printed it out and will definitely make it when things calm down. I helped a friend make it once, but that was years ago already :think He's as greek as they come :eek:lol

Julie - Glad you got Cam to school on time, but sorry it was such a quick little visit :hug Driving for me was fine this morning :clap

Mary - thank you :hug Did you finish all your errands?

Cheeria - I love your afghan your working on and the peach is beautiful :manyheart

Dusti - Have fun this weeked :yes

Kiyo - Love your pics :yes Have fun at the concert. Bon Jovi was also my first :lol I was in 6th grade, but I don't remember how old I was :think Let me see, I think I was 10 if I went to kindergarden at 4. I went with a friend that was wheelchair bound and her mom. We were best friends way back then :yes She will have a blast :yay:cheer

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morning House, just stopping by the House to say good morning while the lil grand darlings are quite and playing by themselves. It was my intentions of stopping by The House yesterday, but of course that didn't happen. :think Got to run in a sec but before I do I wanted to post a picture of the WIP that I have been working on for a couple of weeks as I promised to do. So here it is:

Mosaic afghan

Got to run and sending hugs where hugs are needed and hello to the whole house. :hug:hug

Very pretty, Cheeria.

I finished the preemie afghan and worked a little on a prayer shawl today. Kim and I walked over to Rosie's this afternoon and we played around with the squares she's putting together for a graduation quilt for the little gal she's been tutoring in math for the last two years.

Hello Housemates!

I worked all day today and then after "work" we went over to DD's and SIL's- I AM GOING TO BE A GRANDMA IN AUGUST!!!!

I am beyond excited!!! My baby is having a baby!!!!:clap:clap:clap She is due August 4 (my firstborn was due August 3 and didn't arrive until the 17th) She is officially 12 wks and first trimester is over so they felt it was safe to tell us. They invited us over for dinner along with SIL's mother. We are beyond thrilled- it will be the first grandchild for his mother and me!!! So now I have 2 babies to crochet for- my stepgrandchild and my grandchild!!! DD and SIL want to know what the sex is so she'll be finding out in about 2 months.

Marisa- I hope you have a good time tomorrow night at the Sixer's game- and of course- no worries - you'll be busy for the next few days! You finally are getting to work on a project for you! Have fun sewing those squares:lol

I haven't done a stitch of crocheting today- so now I want to finish the flannel'ghan and scarf and start some baby blankets.

Cheeria- I love that afghan you are working on ! Pretty pattern and colors!!!! Hope the grandbabies didn't wear you out too much!!

Dusti- You have probably already left for your parents- have a great weekend and "see you " when you get back.

Judy- Thanks for the recipe for the spinach pie. DH doesn't like Feta- so I probably won't make it- but I am forwarding it my DD's - this sounds like something that they would like to make! How was the book club last night?

Mary- How ARE your parents doing? Did you end up going up to see them?

Linda- How sweet of Rosie to make the girl she tutors a graduation quilt. I'll bet it will be beautiful!! You'll have to take a pic when she is done and share with us!

Cindy- I remember trying to squeeze in a few minutes of zzzzz's when I was raising my 3 DD's- little ones take so much energy! Hope you had a fun day with them!!!

Kiyo- Have fun at the concert with your DD- and Bon Jovi- what's not to like? :lol I can see where she'd want to go see him!! Love your projects----and your Pug is too cute!!!

Well, I need to come off of :c9 and will probably do a little hooking on the scarf. I want to give my hand one more day off 2 stranded crocheting!!!!

Have a good night!

Morning everyone !

Joanne

Congrats on your impending role of grandma ~ No more exciting and fun role on the planet .

Can't wait to hear what you will be having !

I think we have mostly grandSONS in the group ..of the ones I can think of,when I just woke up 5 minutes ago ,,,

I DO have grand daughters, just rarely get to see them or talk,so Cam is the main one who I talk about ,since he is the only one I see often .

The others are planning a trip home next summer .

Good morning!!

Julie- That's great that your DD's family is coming home to visit next summer (do you mean 2011 or 2012?) My DH has 2 grandsons and one granddaughter and with his youngest now expecting a boy that will be 3 boys to 1!. I never wanted to know what sex the baby was when I was expecting- I liked the element of surprise- and it kept me going at the end- the anticipation of waiting to find out ! It seems now a days everyone wants to know the sex so they can plan everything. Which I guess does make it easier- so we'll find out in about 6 wks or so- and take it from there.

I've already been asked to keep a weekend in September free to babysit for the new darling! DD and SIL have a wedding to go to and they are both in the wedding party. So SIL's mom and I will do babysitting together at their house! I'm so glad that we all get along so well- SIL's mom is great and so is the rest of his family. Very lucky there!!!

Time to get some caffeine in me and start my Saturday morning ritual of cleaning! UGH! And there's lots to be done- especially since I was away last weekend!!!

Tabitha- How's things in your neck of the (cold) woods? How is DH doing? Has he gone back to work?

Tammy- continued prayers for DH's recovery and hope that Michael has recovered. Hugs to you!!!

LeAnna- How's things on the island?

TO ALL- Think warm thoughts today! Spring will arrive-----just not soon enough!!!!

Good morning ladies :hi

It's saturday :clap I have to go get my new license today since mine expires this week so i want to be there when they open at 8:30. I already have my sheets in the wash and I'll just put those back on the bed when they're done to avoid having to fold a set :blush:lol I need to clean. I was just going to do a quick once over, but now that Stacie's not the only one staying here and there's a chance of more people dropping in, it needs to be done. If my bro gets back to me about switching my sister's costco card into my name today, me and Mary have to run out there to get her a new phone, which would need to be done before the sixer game :think And of course, I want to keep working on this bernat ghan. I'll work on the baby cardigan at the game tonight that I started last weekend and haven't looked at since :eek Um....what else :think Oh, and I'd like to get a little workout, even if it's a short one. That might be it :yes

Linda - :yay for finishing the preemie ghan and the prayer shawl.....will we be able to divulge in some pics? :devil

Joanne - :yay:cheer:clap :bouce Congrats Grandma!!!!!! It sure is wonderful that you and your sil's family get along so well and yes, you did get lucky there :lol We get along fine with my sil's (sister) family too in that we all get along, but they are kinda weird people and we don't go out of our way to be in their company.

Julie - I bet you're already anticipating your girls visit :yes

I hope you ladies have a wonderful day and I'll be in and out for 'breaks' in my chores :lol

Marisa- You have a lot on your plate today! Keeping busy- and cleaning- that is exercise too! At least that's how I look at it. Just finished the entire upstairs and I was breaking a sweat so I figure I was burning calories! All 3 bedrooms dusted and vacuumed (even the corners of the walls (you know, where the dust bunnies sometimes like to congregate):lol Bathroom and kitchen done- and just have to wash the floors in those rooms. Headed downstairs- and of course, had to log in before I tackle the family room and downstairs bath!

I've done the washing sheets and putting them right back on the bed the last two times I washed them- it IS easier that way!!! ;)

The sun is shining so it sure made it easy to see all the dust!:eek Looks nice and sparkly clean upstairs now:)

Well, I'd best be getting to the rest of the cleaning so it can be done and I can enjoy the rest of the weekend!

BBL

Morning again to those here since my last stop in .

Marisa

Wow, you sure have a busy life,always packed full of stuff to do ! Have a good weekend .

Joanne

Our girl and family will be home this coming summer July -something. dont have exact dates yet,but I think they will be staying for 1 month .Those are the plans as far as I know them yet .

Good Morning, Ladies. This will be another quick post, as DH and I are leaving shortly to see his Mom.

Joanne ~ Congratulations Grandma-To-Be! :c9 Words can't explain how special it is to be a grandparent! We are also blessed with a wonderful SIL and we love his family, too. :manyheart

Well, after struggling with an incredibly slow computer for way too long, having it checked and calling AT&T, I switched my browser to Firefox and it now has instant speed! :cheer The IT guy at DH's office said that IE can slow things down more than anything! I'm still trying to figure out some of the differences, but love it!

Will be back this afternoon. Have a great day!

Hey ladies :hi

I'm back and got my new license :clap Now good for another 4 years :lol I do think my passport needs to be renewed this year though :think

I wasn't there when they openned because as I was getting ready to leave I checked the washing machine and it was close to done so I figured I'd wait so I can get the sheets in the dryer before I left. So, while I waited, I managed to get the dusting done both up and downstairs :clap Now I still have to vacuum and clean the bathrooms and then that'll be it. I'm not goint to worry about the kitchen because I use it frequently and it always gets cleaned :lol And then I do need to straighten a bit too down here :think

Joanne - :yay for the cleaning almost being done. And you're right, cleaning IS exercise :yes

Julie - I'm only busy all the time because I work all the time too, so what I need to do only has a limited amount of time to get done in :(:sigh

Mary - I agree completely, Firefox is much better although I use both....when one seems slow I switch to the other :lol Keeps me on my toes :think

I talked to my mom and she said that our viewing is monday morning 9-11 and mass at 11, I believe it's all being done at the church since she's being transported after that. But we'll be going at 8 am. They're allowing us, the family, to be there 8-9 and are going to keep the doors locked until 9 so we have time before the whole town starts flooding in, so I'm really happy about that arrangement :yes Just wanted to share that as I thought it was a great idea.

OK, off to do some more cleaning (well, after I check into all my threads here of course :lol )

Good morning everyone. So far today, I have finished a scarf.

Marisa, and Joanne, I often wash sheets and put the same ones back on the bed. Anything to save work! Especially in summer when I can hang them outside, and they have that wonderful fresh smell.

And I agree with Julie, Marisa, you do seem to always have lots going on.

Mary, DS switched me to Firefox a few years ago, and I find it to be much faster and well behaved than IE. However, there are a few sites, (mostly to do with work), that won't open in Firefox.

Julie, it will be nice for you and Sam to see your DD and your grandchildren this summer. And, speaking of grandchildren, is Cam coming to see you guys this weekend?

And just for the record, we are also blessed with a great son-in-law. We don't know his family very well, but they are easy to get along with, and DD really likes them.

Good morning peeps!

Joanne, I think it's so neat that your hubby and you both have DD's who are having babies the same year - I did read that correctly?:think That's so incredibly wonderful!:c9

Marisa, family does need that time alone before vistors come to a viewing - that was very thoughtful of them to arrange it like that.:hug:hug

Well, it's cold here, and a little sunny. We're waiting for the next storm to come by Tuesday night:P It would be nice if some of the old stuff could melt a little first:lol

Working on finishing the last 10 inch square for the baby ghan I'm making. Looks like I JUST have enough! Then a border on each and will start assembling it. This is the mom-to-be's 2nd and she doesn't want to know what sex it it....so, baby neutrals....:hook

BBL

Good Morning, Ladies. This will be another quick post, as DH and I are leaving shortly to see his Mom.

Joanne ~ Congratulations Grandma-To-Be! :c9 Words can't explain how special it is to be a grandparent! We are also blessed with a wonderful SIL and we love his family, too. :manyheartThank you -- I am still on :c9

Well, after struggling with an incredibly slow computer for way too long, having it checked and calling AT&T, I switched my browser to Firefox and it now has instant speed! :cheer The IT guy at DH's office said that IE can slow things down more than anything! I'm still trying to figure out some of the differences, but love it! I have had Firefox for years now- I love it- and :xfin I've never had any problems with it. My oldest DD told me about it and I've never looked back!:)

Will be back this afternoon. Have a great day!

Hey ladies :hi

I'm back and got my new license :clap Now good for another 4 years :lol I do think my passport needs to be renewed this year though :think

I wasn't there when they openned because as I was getting ready to leave I checked the washing machine and it was close to done so I figured I'd wait so I can get the sheets in the dryer before I left. So, while I waited, I managed to get the dusting done both up and downstairs :clap Now I still have to vacuum and clean the bathrooms and then that'll be it. I'm not goint to worry about the kitchen because I use it frequently and it always gets cleaned :lol And then I do need to straighten a bit too down here :think

Joanne - :yay for the cleaning almost being done. And you're right, cleaning IS exercise :yes I am done with the cleaning!!!! Family room all dusted and vacuumed and bathroom cleaned. And while I was doing that- my DH washed the upstairs bathroom and kitchen floors!:manyheart

, Firefox is much better although I use both....when one seems slow I switch to the other :lol Keeps me on my toes :think I sometimes use Safari on my Macbook- but ONLY sometimes- I much prefer Firefox too!!!:yes

I talked to my mom and she said that our viewing is monday morning 9-11 and mass at 11, I believe it's all being done at the church since she's being transported after that. But we'll be going at 8 am. They're allowing us, the family, to be there 8-9 and are going to keep the doors locked until 9 so we have time before the whole town starts flooding in, so I'm really happy about that arrangement :yes Just wanted to share that as I thought it was a great idea. I think that is a wonderful idea- it's always good when the family can have some alone time!! I'm glad that they decided to do that!!!

OK, off to do some more cleaning (well, after I check into all my threads here of course :lol )

Good morning everyone. So far today, I have finished a scarf. Already?:hook

Marisa, and Joanne, I often wash sheets and put the same ones back on the bed. Anything to save work! Especially in summer when I can hang them outside, and they have that wonderful fresh smell. I used to love doing that- but we can't have clotheslines here (the most ridiculous thing I ever heard of) I used to hang lots of my wash on the line and I found that they last longer that way too.

And just for the record, we are also blessed with a great son-in-law. We don't know his family very well, but they are easy to get along with, and DD really likes them.

That's great! It really is a blessing- and we always do Christmas Eve together and SIl's brother always does New Years Eve at his house and includes us too. They are a wonderful, wonderful family- couldn't have picked a better one if I tried!

Good morning peeps!

Joanne, I think it's so neat that your hubby and you both have DD's who are having babies the same year - I did read that correctly?:think That's so incredibly wonderful!:c9 Yup- you heard correctly. And it's his youngest and my youngest who are having the babies!!! His youngest is the same age as my oldest! I wish she lived closer though- she is in Alabama so I won't get to see him very often. But I only live about 8 minutes from DD!!:)

Well, it's cold here, and a little sunny. We're waiting for the next storm to come by Tuesday night:P It would be nice if some of the old stuff could melt a little first:lol Another storm:eek NOOOOOO!!!!!!

Working on finishing the last 10 inch square for the baby ghan I'm making. Looks like I JUST have enough! Then a border on each and will start assembling it. This is the mom-to-be's 2nd and she doesn't want to know what sex it it....so, baby neutrals....:hook

BBL

Well, I'm done with the cleaning for today:yay And it's not even noon yet!!! So off to shower and get the fun part of the day started. I don't feel like going out but I think DD wants to go to Trader Joe's and I said I'd go with her- so we'll see----maybe she won't feel like going either!:think It's really cold and I'd rather just sit and read or crochet in the warmth of my house! But whatever the little mom-to-be wants to do, we'll do. She didn't come to Boston and since I spent time with the other two last weekend, I guess it's her turn now:yes

Oh, the Ultrasound pics were great- what a difference from the US I had done many moons ago when I was expecting. So crystal clear now!!! You can actually tell it's a baby!!!

GOOD MORNING! I always feel so behind on getting things done since most of you are hours ahead of me in your time zones!

JULIE-Having the family come and visit will be awesome for you!:hug

JoAnne- Congrats on the baby news! There is nothing better than being a grandma! Wow-you sure are busy this morning already!:eek

Marisa-Sounds like a busy day for you too. :hug to you and your family.

MARY-Have a nice visit!

CINDY-:eekFinished a scarf already this morning? I have barely managed to make a pot of coffee and get a load of wash going!:lol

JUDY-Another storm? Hope this one is mild! Don't you just love getting to the end of a project and just squeaking by with enough yarn? I seem to manage to run out when I only need a couple more rows!

A typical Saturday for me. Have to drop my DS(12) at his dad's for the weekend, pick up DD(16) up from a friends, going to go visit my DD(20)and her little one-he got his first tooth yesterday!:yay-and then try to spend some time with my:hook!

I am going to be a grandma again as well!!!!:cheer DD(20) found out she is due in Sept. She and her hubby wanted to have the babies a year apart, and since their little boy was born in Aug, it will be pretty close! They really want a girl this time. DS(21) and his wife are trying for another one as well. Their little girl turned 3 last month and they are ready to have another one. So-if all goes as planned, I'll be a grandma of 4 by this time next year! :eek I'll be 43 in June and everyone teases me about still having 2 kids at home and being a grandma already.:lol

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!:hug

Cindy- That scarf is beautiful!!

Trish- Wow- that many grandchildren at 43?? At least you have lots of energy to take care of your 2 at home and enjoy the grandkids too! Have a good day!!! (and hope you get a little hooking time in too)

Hey ladies, me again.....

Cleaning is done :clap:yay (the house AND me :lol )

Going to have some leftover pizza for lunch, then all that's left is to take out the trash and fold the 2nd load of laundry that's in the dryer now. Then, I can do some crafting :xfin I haven't heard from my bro yet, I hope he didn't forget about me :think

Cindy - I love the smell of the sheets/clothes when they hand out too :yes I live in a townhouse community and there's nowhere to hang outside :( So I only get that smell when I go to my parents. Beautiful scarf :manyheart

Judy - WTG on the baby ghan, you might be done with it by now :think

Joanne - :yay for getting the chores done and great of dh to help. Did you and dd go to trader joe's?

Trish - WOW, you're young for so many grandkids :yes At least you shouldn't run out of energy with them ;) That's wonderful news and :xfin for your ds that's still trying :hug

Thanks Joanne. For everyone else to see, here is the scarf. Pattern is on my blog, (link to it is posted in the free original pattern links section of the board)

Beautiful scarf, Cindy.:clap :clap :clap

Joanne ~ Congratulations! :yay :yay :yay Two grandbabies coming.

John is off playing poker with his high school buddies in the mountains. He told me that they were coming to hook up a new cable TV system today and should arrive sometime between 9:30 and 11:30 to start the process. Yeah, right! Try arriving at 8:45 with a call to say they were arriving 5 minutes before that. At least, they are now done and everything can, hopefully, get back to normal. Of course, I don't have any idea where any of my normal channels are now and we now get a whole bunch more channels than before, so I have to figure them out, too. And I got to be the one to set everything up on the installation. I told John that he scheduled it when he wouldn't be here on purpose so he wouldn't be hassled. He just laughed.

Time for a late lunch. Catch you later. :manyheart

Thanks Joanne. For everyone else to see, here is the scarf. Pattern is on my blog, (link to it is posted in the free original pattern links section of the board)

That's beautiful!!!!:clap

Trish, congrats on being a grandma again!!:cheer

...and went out on errands alone...needed to get out....

I'm close to the end of the last square for the baby ghan and I think I'm going to make it before rnning out of yarn...we'll see. Update later:lol

I didn't leave the house today! DD said she just wanted to stay in too- and read one of the Jodi Piccoult books I had lent her. I finished the 3rd strip of the flannel'ghan, weaved in the ends and whip stitched it to the other two strips. I like getting the whole strip done and then attaching it. I can see the progress and at the end I won't have all those ends and all that sewing!!

Dinner is almost ready- I decided to make chicken parm and DH is thrilled! Not sure it's great for my diet but I did bake it instead of frying so it's probably not too bad.

In case you check in, Have fun at the Sixer's game tonight Marisa!

Trish- Wow- that many grandchildren at 43?? At least you have lots of energy to take care of your 2 at home and enjoy the grandkids too! Have a good day!!! (and hope you get a little hooking time in too)

Yep! But my kids decided to have kids early as well! They liked the fact that their mom was pretty young and can keep up with them!:lol

Beautiful! DD16 has asked me to make two for her. One in off-white and another in light peach.

Hey ladies, me again.....

Cleaning is done :clap:yay (the house AND me :lol )

Going to have some leftover pizza for lunch, then all that's left is to take out the trash and fold the 2nd load of laundry that's in the dryer now. Then, I can do some crafting :xfin I haven't heard from my bro yet, I hope he didn't forget about me :think

Cindy - I love the smell of the sheets/clothes when they hand out too :yes I live in a townhouse community and there's nowhere to hang outside :( So I only get that smell when I go to my parents. Beautiful scarf :manyheart

Judy - WTG on the baby ghan, you might be done with it by now :think

Joanne - :yay for getting the chores done and great of dh to help. Did you and dd go to trader joe's?

Trish - WOW, you're young for so many grandkids :yes At least you shouldn't run out of energy with them ;) That's wonderful news and :xfin for your ds that's still trying :hug

Thanks! Trying to keep up with everyone is challenging though!

Well, I finished the last square for the baby ghan....and at the end was left with a golf ball size bit of yarn:sweat

Next step is an hdc border around each one in a neutral, join them, another small border around th eentire thing in that same neutral, then baby yellow around the entire thing. It picks up the yellow in the variegated....:D

Archived