Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cindy- I love the blanket on your blog- and it seems very easy (which you know I like);) I also like the boy wrapper. Thank you!!!

Marlene- Stay warm - and hopefully your cold weather passes through quick! Have a great weekend too!

No snow yet- so we'll see what is out there in the AM.

Night all!

Just wanted to stop in before heading up to bed. The snow has not yet started here :think Maybe it will miss us :xfin

Thanks again ladies :hug :hug

Joanne - congrats to your step dd :clap:yay I can tell you that the one I just made was really heavy!!! :eek I think it will end up being a better 'carpet' for her than a blanket :lol But I saw a couple in the Crochet World Afghans magazine that we picked up together that might work. Or I also have the crochet today all time best blankets issue from the spring. There's a couple in there that might work too. I can bring it with me next week for you to peruse when we have our meetup if you'd like?

Marlene - you keep making me hungry for bfast burritos :drool:lol When we order bfast at work, me and the other doc share one, and order of french toast, and some grits :eek So yummy!!!

I hope everyone gets a good night sleep and TGIF!!!!

Good morning!!

Marisa- Hope that your Friday goes by quickly for you and then you can enjoy a little fun time with your friend- is she/he? coming tonight for the conference tomorrow?

I have both of those magazines! DUH!!!! Maybe I'll make 2! LOL

We got snow and it's still snowing out there- but supposed to stop around 9 or so. There is probably 2-3 inches on the ground- and will make for a slippery, messy commute- that I don't have to take!! I can work from home!!!! What a great way to end the short week- working from home!

Hope you all have a good day- hugs to all and I'll pop in later!

Hi ladies

Quick drop in this morning .

Marisa

so very sorry for your family's loss ,but as others said, it may have been a blessing to go that quickly, rather than to suffer such pain for any length of time .

Joanne

Congrats on the new baby in the family ! how exciting !

Marlene

Glad your therapy is giving you some improvement !

Cheeria

Shout out to you, since I saw a few pages back you were under the weather. Sure hope you are doing better now !

To everyone else--- a quick hello for now --Cam is here this morning,so gotta run .

Good morning ladies :hi

Just a quick stop, I need to get out the door for work :( We only got about an inch of snow last night so not bad. It's all ice on the car though, so I already started it and am hoping for a lot of meltage by the time I get back out there :xfin:lol

Joanne - :yay for working from home to save the messy commute :clap My friend is Stacie and she actually text me yesterday that she wasn't leaving until sat morning and will go right to the seminar, so she'll only be staying sat night then. But we will have fun :yes

Julie - Was school cancelled due to the snow for Cam? Enjoy the day with him.....as I'm sure you will :yes

Catch y'all later

Good Morning Ladies,

Cindy, If I wasn't involved in the kitchen then I wouldn't be half as busy. I enjoy being in the kitchen and ladies are a lot of fun. Some of them could be my mother.

Marisa, I have been hungry for french toast. Maybe I'll buy some french bread and make some. Be careful out there driving.

Joanne, :clap for getting to work from home.

Julie, Enjoy the day with Cam assumeing he will be there all day.

On the days I can sleep in a bit until 7 I'm up early. Woke up at 5:30 and got up at 6. I just discovered at the bottom of the page if your not signed in there are videos to different stitches. I wonder why they are not there regardless. Have a nice warm day everyone!

Good morning. My two youngest grandsons are coming over for a few hours this morning.

I made it halfway through one of my WIPs last night. Its a scarf, and I hope to finish it today.

Joanne, how wonderful that you can work from home today. I always feel like the commute is a waste of time. I told dh once that I wanted to live downtown, (the hospital is there),but he was appalled at the suggestion. Of course he works at home all the time, and if we didn't live here, he would have to find another place to have his business.

Julie, have fun with Cam today.

Marisa, hope the conference is a good one, and that you and Stacie find some time for fun.

Morning, Marlene!

Good evening ladies :hi

Well, she passed away this morning at 11:15, so didn't breathe very long by herself :( I choose to keep reminding myself she was in for a long road of suffering to fight the leukemia, so at least now she won't suffer. I believe the arrangements are made and were all taken care of by the church. They'll have a viewing and mass back home and then she'll be transported to her mother house for another viewing and the burial there. My mom is holding up exceptionally well, so I hope she doesn't get hit with a breakdown once everything starts to settle a bit :xfin

Thank you all so very much for your hugs and prayers and I appreciate more than you can think :yes I find you all to very comforting friends :hug :hug :hug

:hug :hug :hug :hug You and your family are all in my thoughts and prayers. It's hard on family whether it's a long drawn out process or a shockingly quick one. But there is no more suffering for her now. :hug :hug :hug :hug

Marlene ~ I'm so glad that the physical therapy is helping your hands. Sounds like you have lots of fun while in Texas.

Joanne ~ Yeah for working at home and not having to worry about the commute.

Marisa ~ Stay safe on the roads.

Julie ~ Have fun with Cam today.

The sun is actually out this morning. No snow. Just got some rain in the night. I overdid it yesterday crocheting. My hands are so sore today I can hardly move my fingers to type. :blush I'm going to go wrap them around a warm mug of tea and see if that helps.

Catch you all later. :manyheart

Hi, ladies...

Marisa, sending you love and hugs....:hug:manyheart:hug

There are a couple of patterns at http://www.freepatterns.com that call for baby yarn. You need to sign up for the site to see the pattern. One is "boy wrapper" and another is called "cuddly confections".

I have a blanket pattern on my blog that might work also:

http://gardeners-ramblings.blogspot.com/2008/12/peek-boo-baby-blanket.html

I used "Pound of Love" to make it, it is somewhat open, but I don't think it's too girly. (mine is because I used pink yarn..but what do you expect from a woman with four grandsons?)

TY for the patterns. They're greta stash busters for me:yes

Gotta go..

BBL

Hi ladies

Cam is only here for 2 hours-- when Steph got hold of me this morning, she originally thought school had a 2 hour delay, then called to say her firend said school was cancelled, then she looked on the news and it is delayed,so what a mess... didn't know WHAT was going on for a bit .

Anyhow, he needs to be there at 10,so I will go out and fire up my car here in a bit to get warm before we need to go out .

Hope our snow doesnt hit those of you east of us here -- i think our storms normally head up towards the NY area after coming here .

Marisa

Have a safe drive into work !

Marlene

Glad they keep you busy down there -- but dont overdo it ,if your shoulder and arm start bothering you .

Cindy

Have fun with the grandsons this morning .

Joanne

Great to stay home on days like today,rather than trying to drive in this cold and slippery stuff. I am starting to get really tired of winter ,but we have lots yet to go .

Heya Jude !

Linda

Forgot to add, try holding a heating pad in your lap,and warming your hands under it from time to time. That helps me anyhow !

Good Morning, everyone. :)

Marisa ~ :hug Sending you and your family lots of hugs and prayers. :hug Stay safe in your icy weather.

Dusti ~ Your mini bread basket is so cute! How is your spiral sweater coming along?

Cindy ~ Have fun with the grandsons today! Like you, I think I would pass on the ice skating. :lol Growing up in Iowa, we loved to ice skate, go sledding - and never seemed to notice how cold it was. :)

Joanne ~ How exciting to have a new baby on the way! :c9 Yay for working from home today!

Julie ~ Enjoy your time with Cam. :yes

Linda ~ I hope the stiffness in your hands goes away quickly. :hug

Hi to ALL of the House Ladies! :manyheart

Need to leave soon...errands and a possible drive to the parents, but not sure about that yet. Have a great day! :manyheart

Morning House, just stopping by the House to say good morning while the lil grand darlings are quite and playing by themselves. It was my intentions of stopping by The House yesterday, but of course that didn't happen. :think Got to run in a sec but before I do I wanted to post a picture of the WIP that I have been working on for a couple of weeks as I promised to do. So here it is:

Mosaic afghan

Got to run and sending hugs where hugs are needed and hello to the whole house. :hug:hug

Morning House, just stopping by the House to say good morning while the lil grand darlings are quite and playing by themselves. It was my intentions of stopping by The House yesterday, but of course that didn't happen. :think Got to run in a sec but before I do I wanted to post a picture of the WIP that I have been working on for a couple of weeks as I promised to do. So here it is:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12302824@N03/5375129945/

Got to run and sending hugs where hugs are needed and hello to the whole house. :hug:hug

That's beautiful!!

SPANAKOPITA

(Greek Spinach Pie)

INGREDIENTS:

I package Phyllo dough (sheets, and found in frozen section of store). ** I only use one of the 2 packages in the box.**

40 oz frozen spinach

2 eggs

½ to ¾ cup Feta cheese

1 large onion, chopped

1 bunch scallions, chopped

½ c chopped fresh dill

PREHEAT OVEN TO 350

Saute onions and scallions in oil till limp (I use a Dutch oven). Add frozen spinach and cook till thawed. Add dill and drain well.

In a small bowl, beat the 2 eggs with the Feta and add to spinach, mixing well.

Butter the bottom of a 9 x12 pan and begin layering the pan with half of the sheets from the one tube of sheets, buttering between every 2 or 3 sheets. Phylo dries out fast, so work quickly.

When half the sheets are used, spread out the spinach mixture on top. Then layer the remaining sheets on top of the spinach in the same way.

Cut through the layers and then brush the top with egg white mixed with a little water (browns it).

Bake for approx. 40 minutes. If it browns too quickly cover with foil.

*can be frozen*

To reheat frozen pie cover with foil and bake at 350 for appr. 20 minutes.

Mosaic afghan

Cherria, that's a really pretty afghan.

We've certainly enjoyed your enthusiasm, too, Kiyo -- so glad you jumped in with us :manyheart I will have to go and look for the Knit Picks sock yarn on-line. I live waaaaaay out in the boonies, and I end up doing most of my shopping via computer. It is not quite the same as petting and drooling at a yarn shop, BUT it may be cheaper for me to shop this way :lol Good luck on your double-strand afghan this weekend. You can do it :cheer

I am so sorry, Marisa :hug:hug Love and thoughts going out to your whole family. I hope your mom really is able to hold together through the memorials and services. Have a good visit with you friend, tomorrow. [

Just found out that my DH's youngest DD is having a baby boy- due July 10th! She is very excited since this is her first! She has already asked me to make a baby blanket!! Of course I will!!! So, all of you experienced baby blanket makers what would be a good pattern for a summer blanket?

What exciting news, Joanne. Babies are such wonderful blessings :c9 Have fun perusing patterns and crocheting for the wee one.

G'morning, Julie ~ I sure hope you figure out whether Cam is supposed to be coming or going, this morning. Aren't school schedules something else? We had a late start on Tuesday, but the rest of the week worked itself out alright. I hope Cam can come back and spend time with you this weekend :yes

I hope you find some warmth and comfort in your mug of tea, Linda. Take it easy, today :hug How fun to involve all of us in your quilting challenge. I am excited for you :manyheart

Thank you for the recipe, Judy. I am printing it out, and I will have to give it a try in the next couple of weeks. Do you have enough for leftovers, tonight?

Cindy, Mary, Cheeria, Marlene and everyone else :hi. I am sorry this is so short. I went to Mass with the girls this morning, and now I have to finish packing the car for our weekend with my parents . I do not know whether or not I will be able to log-in all weekend, but I will be back on Tuesday morning. At our current rate of chatter :compute, I am looking forward to many pages of chatter to chatch-up with all of you, by then. Have a safe and warm weekend. Happy crocheting :crocheting

See you, soon :flake

~~HAPPY FRIDAY MY GIRLS!~~ :clap:yay

I haven't had a chance to catch up on everyone just yet this morning. The weather all around has been a mess with the trucking industry today! And.....thus- I LOVE my job! Soooo....maybe after lunch I will have a chance to read through! Hope you all are having a great day so far!

Last night was sort of productive for me! I DID get my wedding afghan started and then......this morning I pulled it apart and started over! They like neutral colors so I am doing brown and tan and the white is something fuzzy from walmart that I've fallen in love with to mix to make cheap and fuzzy! :0) THus........my little best friend LOVES to be in my crocheting and I don't know what it is but she has to have yarn draped over her someway. It's kind of funny actually. Good thing I wash it all before I give it away! The pic of the afghan that's done----that's the "BROWNS" blanket I made---can't really tell by lighting it's brown though---sorry.

Going to take Aree to a concert tonight (nothing crazy) HOWEVER----she's dying for me to take her to see Bon Jovi in concert when they come here(they were my 1st concert when I was 13,I was in love and my mom took me for my bday! ) Hard explaining to her what they all looked like 21 yrs. ago!! BUT---tonight is actually to see a guy that I went to school with whom has his own band and then he also has an Acapella group as well that's just AWESOME!!! if you like country music-----look up DUE WEST---they are new and upcoming. THEY ARE AWESOME (i'm not a country girl) we are friends with them as well as pushing their music! It's not sad and sappy singin'~!

I don't usually get to have Aree on Fri nights so.......for the X to be so kind I'm going to take advantage :0) We are going with one of my girlfriends and her little family. She has 3 kids so it will be fun for all of us.

post-35667-135897618831_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897618836_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897618952_thumb.jpg

Jude

I have a new name for yor spinach recipe. You know i'm just a hillbilly. where we come from, ask anyone in town,and they say Popeye eats spinach . I doubt anyone else is that "culinary-talented" to attempt anything so fancy .

Anyhow, I wouldnt even know how to pronounce it,so I call it SPANK-O-TOPIA .

I think I might have all the same letters, just in a different order .

Our town, honestly ,I'd say 95 % are descendants from the "hills" ( including me) .We once had a diner downtown that sold sausage gravy and biscuits all day long,and those people were probably the richest people in town,with everyone eating their gravy every day . It was G~O~O~D .

Cindy

I'm with you, I used to need the nap worse than Cam when he was small and was here most of the time . He had lots more steam than I did,but he was fun,and I woldnt trade those days for all the money in the world .

Dusti

Yep, I got Cam situated . They were on a delay,so he was here til 10 .Got him dropped off in time . He always tries to do 7 things at once when he has a short visit like that,so it is usually high-speed entertainment when he comes like that .

How far a drive is it for you to your parent's house ? We will miss you .Be ready, you are right,there will probably be several pages of posts by the time you get back online .

Kiyo

It sounds like you will have a fun night planned. That's great ! And your little doggie is cute. My cousin has one of those-- but he is a LOT bigger and probably a lot older. I can't remember how long she has had him, but I am guessing about 6 or 7 years .

Thank you for the recipe, Judy. I am printing it out, and I will have to give it a try in the next couple of weeks. Do you have enough for leftovers, tonight?

Enjoy! Once you make it a few times it can be done without thinking....

Oh, we have it for lunch...as the vegetable to go with dinner...and I have some in the freezer.:D

Jules, you are a hoot!:lol

Archived