Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Marlene ~ :hugfor your entire family and my sympathy on the loss of your loved one. I hope your physical therapy goes well, and that you are on the road to feeling better.

Joanne ~ :wbrr is absolutely right. Those are COLD temps for you folks. I really dislike driving on icy roads, and I would be glued to the weather reports from now until you leave Boston, if I were in your shoes. It is wonderful to hear that you are having such a grand visit with your DD, and I hope your plans are not cut-short. Bundle up when you go out walking, today, because it sounds as though your cheeks and nose would get a mite chilly in the below-0* temps.

Marisa ~ Congratulations on becoming an auntie to Baby Madeline. Isn't she little?! Wow, one forgets so quickly how, truly, itty-bitty babes come... Your nephews are so cute! I wanted to just squeeze them; their smiles are precious. Hope your team has a good game, tonight.

Shannon ~ Good for you for maintaining your will-power and continuing to work with the yarn in your stash. I hope you have a good day with your hook and yarn :hook

Nippy on this end, too, but not as cold as Boston :wgrin The girls are home, today, so we are planning a quick trip to the market, and then I have a couple of craft projects up my sleeve -- making heart-shaped snowflakes, and "painting" on flowers cut from slices of bread with watered-down food coloring. Once the flowers are complete, we will layer with thin slices of a variety of cheeses and meats ore egg salad and enjoy a non-typical lunch. I am off to take the loaves of bread out of the oven in just a moment. Talk to you later :flake

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, my peeps! Cold and cloudy here.

Marlene, I'm so sorry about your cousin's wife. It sounds like she suffered a lot...:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Joanne, be careful coming home today - maybe you'll have to leave earlier than planned?

here are my cuties :D
Oh, how sweet!!!!!:c9 And I love the all pink outfit on your niece!:D

Hello everyone. I think I have found my energy again. I've already started crocheting today and I haven't been off work much more than an hour.

Good for you!!:cheer

I actually threw away two Joann's coupons for 50% off any regular priced item. The temptation to go and use them was strong but my will power was stronger. I am going to bust my stash this year so that I can rebuild it the way I want it.

Wise lady:yes If I ever put a sizeable dent in my stash I have ideas for the colors I'd like to keep on hand, too. Building a new stash would be a blast:)

Of course it would be easier to build my stash my way if Lady Luck would smile on me and let me win the Powerball or something similar. :P :P :P

Oh well. Maybe someday.

Check in later. Have a wonderful and safe day.

Have a good day, yourself:hug

here are my cuties :D

Adorable! :manyheart

I slept until noon today and would have slept longer but got awakened by a wrong number on my cell phone. Rosie is about the only one who calls me so I popped out of bed to see what she had in mind. I worked on the baby blanket for my niece's next little one yesterday and just have to put on the border and will be ready to put it with the batting and backing and start quilting it. :yay I'm at the same stage with Rosie's table runner and the first set of batting and backing for the wall hanging. I think I'll be working on those a bit later today. And I finished the last of the squares for the first of five Christmas stockings for Terri. Now on to hiding all those tails. :eek That's really the hardest part of the stockings. With 6 to 10 tails per square to hide it takes forever. :( Oh well, it's part of the process. I may tackle some of those today, too.

Marlene ~ :hug:hug :hug Good luck with the PT, hope you see good results very quickly.

Joanne ~ Sounds like you've had a wonderful time this weekend with family. Have a safe trip home.

Julie ~ :hug :hug :hug Hope things go better with family soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a great day to everyone else. :manyheart

Hi Ladies. :hi The sun is shining for the first time in days...it feels wonderful!

Marlene ~ :hug I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your PT will help a lot! Thank you for the compliment on my ghan.:manyheart

Linda ~ Yay for a couple of "you" days! It sounds like there is lots of quilting going on. :yes

Judy ~ Did you make Greek recipes yesterday? So glad your DS came over and that you enjoyed the game.

Joanne ~ You always seem to have such great visits with your DDs! Have a safe trip home. :)

Marisa ~ Aww, the kids are all so cute. Three big brothers...I bet little Madeline will learn to fend for herself early! :lol

Shannon ~ Way to go on crocheting again! :clap I'm trying to work from my stash, too. It's sooo hard, isn't it? :yes

Dusti ~ What fun ideas for lunchtime! DD always loved the cut-out/decorated sandwiches, pancakes, etc. Can I steal your idea for my list of "Luke projects?" I started it so I wouldn't forget things as he grows. :)

Hi Wrennie!

Have a good Monday, everyone. :manyheart

Happy Monday ya'll! I had to sign off for the weekend! Now I'm back at it! Hope you all had a great weekend, no crazy snow anywhere! It's been a fun weekend. We had some rain, melting away our 10 inches of snow.....don't know if I'm happy or sad about that! I love the snow but I hate the bitter cold. I made 2 pairs of my slippers this weekend. Just got a call to make 3 king size afghans.........hmmmmm what do you charge someone to do that? And.......that seems like a TON of time...however I'm not into making a killing off my skills-lol Any suggestions?

I'm still learning about everyone and your names! I am loving this! My name is Kiyo- I can't remember what is in my profile if anything about me! So....here's a little about me. I'm just shy of 34, I am a single mom of a beautiful little 10 yr. old daughter. I hold down a house, a full time dispatching job and a part time job! YIKES! Where do I fit in my crocheting.......at 0430 in the morning with my morning coffee and the news with peace and quiet! I really should be going to the gym but haven't made it yet! I love to ski with my baby girl when I have the money! Winter in Utah!

I am excited to continue to get to know all of you! Hope your day is great! *THEY SAID ON THE NEWS THAT TODAY IS OFFICIALLY CALLED "BLUE MONDAY" the saddest day of the year!! Mine is great so far......hope all is well!

Morning House The :sunis out, but I feel like :wbrr. Hope you are all having a nice day. I have found a sock pattern for the zauberball. It will be a down the road start as I already have 1 ripple afghan, 1 baby in the round afghan, intarsia picture blocks for a tote bag, 2 pairs of socks on the needles, and 2 scarves to finish first. This is my entire list of knit projects. I know, I'm crazy. Haven't been in the mood to knit since finishing my Learn to Knit Afghan.

These are the socks I will make someday. Pattern has been purchased. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/slinky-socks

I'd rather be working on this. It's the one on the cover. I'm somewhere in the low 20's on the rounds. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/decorative-crochet-magazine-may-1988-3 In fact, I think that is what I'll do. :)

How cute are those socks!! Love them! I want to crochet some socks sometime! I hate socks and shoes so I would probably just wear them around my house as I tend to keep my house a little on the more chilly side.

How cute are those socks!! Love them! I want to crochet some socks sometime! I hate socks and shoes so I would probably just wear them around my house as I tend to keep my house a little on the more chilly side.
Me too! Bare foot all summer. Well, not at work, but the rest of the time yup. Love socks in the winter tho'. :wbrr

Hi back at ya SkysMom!

Me too! Bare foot all summer. Well, not at work, but the rest of the time yup. Love socks in the winter tho'. :wbrr

Hi back at ya SkysMom!

EVEN AT WORK!! That's why I put flip flops on my slippers (or I made them into slippers lol) Flip flops.........

Here is a little more about me, you can put a face with the names! My daughter Aree, Myself, 2 of my 3 dogs (my home alarm system) Duke is my Boxer, Pixie is my Chug.

post-35667-135897617375_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897617381_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897617384_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897617387_thumb.jpg

Just a quick fly-by, here. Our day is going so well. We made two stops in town, and then hurried home ahead of the Winter Weather Advisory. Honestly, I did not have any trouble out on the roads, but there is a lot of new snow all around, and with the wind picking up speed, visibility is going to be pretty awful for a few hours. Glad I am home, snug as a bug :ladybug

The bread painting project was a lot of fun and amused the girls far longer than I ever thought it would. They ate more for lunch than they normally would have, just because we were playing with our food, and they did not realize how much they were actually eating when it was packaged as flowers and hearts with mini toppings :lol I doubt you will ever need more crafty ideas for Luke, Mary, as I know the same such projects are naturally in your head and heart, but feel free to poke me anytime, as I have a binder of them, too. One never knows when a quick project is needed to lift a little one out of a funk or reinforce a lesson taught at school -- I have oodles that worked with my students, too ;)

My computer would not let me connect to the Internet, yesterday, so I was not able to get back in here in the afternoon. It is not photo Friday, but...better late than never. Here is what I have been working on for the past week

1) Pinwheel Sweater in Patons Kroy sock yarn. The body of the sweater is finished and bordered. The left arm reaches about half-way between my shoulder and elbow, at present. post-20536-135897617401_thumb.jpg

2) Snowflakes (photographed really blurry :blush)

post-20536-13589761741_thumb.jpg

3) Afghan for my college roommate's father using 3 strands of RHSS and a Q hook post-20536-135897617417_thumb.jpg

My bread baskets will have to be photographed, later, when they are filled, because they will look a whole lot better, then. Right now, it is hard to see their depth, and they are not real impressive. Stay tuned.

Hope everyone is warm and safe. Have a good evening!

post-20536-135897617414_thumb.jpg

Just a quick fly-by, here. Our day is going so well. We made two stops in town, and then hurried home ahead of the Winter Weather Advisory. Honestly, I did not have any trouble out on the roads, but there is a lot of new snow all around, and with the wind picking up speed, visibility is going to be pretty awful for a few hours. Glad I am home, snug as a bug :ladybug

The bread painting project was a lot of fun and amused the girls far longer than I ever thought it would. They ate more for lunch than they normally would have, just because we were playing with our food, and they did not realize how much they were actually eating when it was packaged as flowers and hearts with mini toppings :lol I doubt you will ever need more crafty ideas for Luke, Mary, as I know the same such projects are naturally in your head and heart, but feel free to poke me anytime, as I have a binder of them, too. One never knows when a quick project is needed to lift a little one out of a funk or reinforce a lesson taught at school -- I have oodles that worked with my students, too ;)

My computer would not let me connect to the Internet, yesterday, so I was not able to get back in here in the afternoon. It is not photo Friday, but...better late than never. Here is what I have been working on for the past week

1) Pinwheel Sweater in Patons Kroy sock yarn. The body of the sweater is finished and bordered. The left arm reaches about half-way between my shoulder and elbow, at present. [ATTACH]33424[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]33426[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]33425[/ATTACH]

3) Afghan for my college roommate's father using 3 strands of RHSS and a Q hook [ATTACH]33427[/ATTACH]

My bread baskets will have to be photographed, later, when they are filled, because they will look a whole lot better, then. Right now, it is hard to see their depth, and they are not real impressive. Stay tuned.

LOVE your projects! I want to do that Pinwheel Sweater SOOOOO bad! I am excited to see the bread baskets also!

LOVE your projects! I want to do that Pinwheel Sweater SOOOOO bad! I am excited to see the bread baskets also!

I almost forgot----glad you made it home before the storm! Nothing worse than being out in the weather and wanting to get home to be safe and warm!

Kiyo ~ I love seeing your pictures! Beautiful daughter you have. And, how fun to see your fur-babies, too. You are one hard-working mother, it sounds like, and I am going to enjoy getting to know you. So glad you popped into Our House, it is nice to have you.

The Pinwheel Sweater is very addicting and so easy. This is my third one in as many months :blush I did the others with worsted weight yarn and loved them, but the colors in this one are, by far, my favorites. There is a parent luncheon at the girls' school on Feb. 2, and I would like to wear this sweater to it. That gives me a little over two weeks to finish and edge the sleeves, I think I can do it :yes

Time to start making dinner on this end, so I ought to run. Have a good rest of your day.

The Pinwheel Sweater is very addicting and so easy. This is my third one in as many months :blush I did the others with worsted weight yarn and loved them, but the colors in this one are, by far, my favorites. There is a parent luncheon at the girls' school on Feb. 2, and I would like to wear this sweater to it. That gives me a little over two weeks to finish and edge the sleeves, I think I can do it :yes

Time to start making dinner on this end, so I ought to run. Have a good rest of your day.

That looks awesome and I love the sock yarn! With me being bigger, I get hot easy so I only wear lightweight sweaters and that would be fun to wear with leggins and some boots or.........in the Spring here w/ some Leggins and some FLIP FLOPS!!! (I call them my 4x4's in the winter here-I have chunky ones that put me above a freshly fallen snow! lol)

Here is a little more about me, you can put a face with the names! My daughter Aree, Myself, 2 of my 3 dogs (my home alarm system) Duke is my Boxer, Pixie is my Chug.

Aww, Kiyo, what a lovely pair you and your dd are. Cute dogs too.

Here is what I have been working on for the past week

1) Pinwheel Sweater in Patons Kroy sock yarn. The body of the sweater is finished and bordered. The left arm reaches about half-way between my shoulder and elbow, at present. [ATTACH]33424[/ATTACH]

3) Afghan for my college roommate's father using 3 strands of RHSS and a Q hook [ATTACH]33427[/ATTACH]

very nice work. I really like the pinwheel sweater.

Hello everyone. I had a super busy day at work today. It is very cold here, and we are supposed to get snow and freezing rain. I don't mind snow, but I hate driving on ice, and I have to work again tomorrow.

Marisa, that is a great picture of your nephews and new niece. Love those proud smiles!

Marlene, I'm very sorry for your loss.:hugHope the Pt brings lots of improvement.

Joanne, hope you didn't hit any bad weather coning home.

Dusti, you sound like such a fun mom. How did those flower sandwiches turn out?

Judy ~ Did you make Greek recipes yesterday? So glad your DS came over and that you enjoyed the game.

Nope...Chicken Cacciatore yesterday:D

Just got a call to make 3 king size afghans.........hmmmmm what do you charge someone to do that? And.......that seems like a TON of time...however I'm not into making a killing off my skills-lol Any suggestions? Using multiple strands of yarn and larger hooks you could make king size ghans pretty fast - as long as yu hands hold out. Patterns like Round Ripples or even a giant granny.

I'm still learning about everyone and your names! I am loving this! My name is Kiyo- I can't remember what is in my profile if anything about me! So....here's a little about me. I'm just shy of 34, I am a single mom of a beautiful little 10 yr. old daughter. I hold down a house, a full time dispatching job and a part time job! YIKES! Where do I fit in my crocheting.......at 0430 in the morning with my morning coffee and the news with peace and quiet! I really should be going to the gym but haven't made it yet! I love to ski with my baby girl when I have the money! Winter in Utah!

I am excited to continue to get to know all of you! Hope your day is great! *THEY SAID ON THE NEWS THAT TODAY IS OFFICIALLY CALLED "BLUE MONDAY" the saddest day of the year!! Mine is great so far......hope all is well!

Thanks for sharing!

I think I'm the oldest here, at 62. I've been married forever (43 years:lol) and have a very spoiled German shepherd at home. Our soon to be 36 yo son is a Chiropractor. We're originally from NYC but spent a few years in St. Louis before moving here to NJ in 1976. I've been crocheting, off and on, for about 40 years.

Duke is my Boxer, Pixie is my Chug.
Awwww......:c9

Cute pictures!! And yes, dogs are the best alarm system!:yes

Great work!! You can do all of it, thread included:cheer:clap

Good evening ladies :hi

It's nice seeing some new faces added to the house :manyheart

Thank you all for the wonderful comments about my nephews and niece :D

I had a great day. I left work at 1 and went to the sixers game, which we won in overtime :clap:yay It was very suspenseful and the whole game was up and down and not even necessarily close either :lol

Then I ran to AC Moore since it's right over that way to pick up another skein of pink baby clouds for the baby blanket. Now about to get to it :yes

Linda - You really needed that sleep :yes

Mary - I hope you enjoyed the sun a bit for me today too ;) We were overcast all day and are looking and snow and ice overnight :eek I think the older 2 boys are going to be very protective of her, but I think the youngest boy will give her a run for her money :lol

Kiyo - Love the pics and it's cute that you and the puppy have the same head position :yes You daughter is just gorgeous! Don't know how to charge for stuff, but I'll be looking for the info myself. One of the ladies at the games had said she was going to bring a pic of an aghan she wants, which is just stripes apparently, and would pay me to make it for her :think We'll see the pic first :lol

Wrennie - :hi How are ya? I think we've met in the combo challenge thread (which I haven't been into for a few days :blush )

Dusti - The pinwheel sweater is just awesome :manyheart I think you'll be able to get it finished :yes The snowflakes and afghan are also gorgeous.

Cindy - My work day was slow for the bit I was there. I hope they didn't get slammed after I left :think

Judy - Gotta ask, when is ds's bday? I notice you said almost 36, mine's coming up on the 27th :D

Good evening ladies :hi

It's nice seeing some new faces added to the house :manyheart

Thank you all for the wonderful comments about my nephews and niece :D

I had a great day. I left work at 1 and went to the sixers game, which we won in overtime :clap:yay It was very suspenseful and the whole game was up and down and not even necessarily close either :lol

Then I ran to AC Moore since it's right over that way to pick up another skein of pink baby clouds for the baby blanket. Now about to get to it :yes

Linda - You really needed that sleep :yes

Mary - I hope you enjoyed the sun a bit for me today too ;) We were overcast all day and are looking and snow and ice overnight :eek I think the older 2 boys are going to be very protective of her, but I think the youngest boy will give her a run for her money :lol

Kiyo - Love the pics and it's cute that you and the puppy have the same head position :yes You daughter is just gorgeous! Don't know how to charge for stuff, but I'll be looking for the info myself. One of the ladies at the games had said she was going to bring a pic of an aghan she wants, which is just stripes apparently, and would pay me to make it for her :think We'll see the pic first :lol

Wrennie - :hi How are ya? I think we've met in the combo challenge thread (which I haven't been into for a few days :blush )

Dusti - The pinwheel sweater is just awesome :manyheart I think you'll be able to get it finished :yes The snowflakes and afghan are also gorgeous.

Cindy - My work day was slow for the bit I was there. I hope they didn't get slammed after I left :think

Judy - Gotta ask, when is ds's bday? I notice you said almost 36, mine's coming up on the 27th :D

Good luck with the photo gan! lol Yikes! Mine is pretty simple but SOOOO big and time consuming! Usually works up pretty fast but it's going to weigh a ton- might hurt their feet to lay it on top because it will pull them over! hahaha!

Archived