Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Once again, I've scanned through the posts. I got quite a bit of my baby blanket done yesterday and still have about 1/3 to go with it :think

And yes.............................

WE HAVE A BABY GIRL!!!!! :cheer:yay:clap Madeline joined us in the wee hours of the morning today at 6 lbs 10 oz and 19.5" long :D We thought she was going to make it yesterday. Yesterday was my poppop's bday on my mom's side and tomorrow is my nan's bday on my mom's side. With all the january's bday's we thought she'd be coming on one of them. But, just like a girl, she wanted her own and picked the day in between :lol

I hope you all have a wonderful day and now I really really need to finish this blanket and hope for it to be in the mail by tuesday morning :xfin

I'm driving back today so probably won't be back here until later when I get home.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, peeps!:)

It was fabulous. Sounds like your day was too. Here's a pic of my haul. The garnet is going to be a scarf, the rest will become socks. Lots of socks, but not for awhile. For the time being I'm content to just look at the yarn and search for patterns.

Search for patterns and pet the yarn:lol...I love those hanks of yarn...they're always such pretty colors and so very soft:c9

Today is going to be a quieter day than yesterday. We did a lot of walking yesterday so I guess that dinner and the cinnamon rolls in the morning didn't do too much damage to my waistline-:lol DD's mentioned something about maybe going to brunch and then just coming back and reading/watching movies and of course i want to watch Jets vs Patriots. We'll see how the day pans out when they are all awake in a few hours!

Thinking of you all and hoping you have a relaxing wonderful Sunday!:hug

Enjoy your wonderful Sunday...it sounds so nice:c9 Later on this afternoon we have DS coming over for chicken cacciatore dinner and the Jets game.:)

Good morning ~

I thought I would have some time to browse the posts, write a friendly response and refill my coffee cup before the munchkins woke up, but, alas, I hear them giggling in the basement (they wanted a sleepover in the family room last night, just the two of them, so we made it cozy, offered some popcorn and let them whisper and chatter with each other until they got too tired to keep their eyes open.), and I know it is mere minutes before they emerge and claim they are, "Starving." Note to self: type quickly.

They sound so cute!

Judy ~ Your Baby 9-Patch looks so squishy and perfect for cuddling. Didn't you ever whip up that lapghan in a flash?! A very nice use of Homespun :manyheart

Thanks! Whne my MIL was int he nursing home I made one each for her and a roomie and have been using H yarn for lapghans ever since. The big hook helps with being able to make them so fast;)

WE HAVE A BABY GIRL!!!!! :cheer:yay:clap Madeline joined us in the wee hours of the morning today at 6 lbs 10 oz and 19.5" long :D We thought she was going to make it yesterday. Yesterday was my poppop's bday on my mom's side and tomorrow is my nan's bday on my mom's side. With all the january's bday's we thought she'd be coming on one of them. But, just like a girl, she wanted her own and picked the day in between :lol

:yay:yayAunt Marisa!:yay:yay

Safe travels back today:hug

Congratulations Auntie Marisa on your first niece Madeline!!!! :cheer:yay:clapSmart little girl there- making sure she has her own birthday!!:yes

Dusti- Hope you were able to get breakfast before the girls started cooking it themselves:lol Very cute that they had their own little sleep-over!!!!!

Judy- Enjoy your chicken cacciatore and visit with your DS while you watch the game!!!

I hear stirrings of DD's waking up- BBL!

Hello everyone.

Joanne, glad you are having such a terrific weekend with your DD's and other family.

Congrats Aunt Marisa! Safe travels home to both you and Joanne.

Judy have fun with your ds today.

Sherri, yay for new yarn! I love looking for patterns, although in a way its kind of counter-productive, since I do a lot more dreaming than crafting.

Dusti, sounds like your girls had a fun time at their "sleepover". That's the kind of thing memories are made of.

I spent most of yesterday reading a book, and then dd, dsil and the grandsons came over late in the afternoon for dinner,and a visit, so I didn't get much accomplished besides laundry. Oh well, all that housework won't go away, it will be ready and waiting for me, when I get around to it!.

Hi again. Here is my version of the Stitch Sampler. Of course, I cheated and changed some of the row patterns...I hate bobbles. :lol It is mostly Vanna's Choice and some TLC yarn all from my stash! Now on to the next WIP. :)

Very pretty, Mary. :clap :clap :clap

It was fabulous. Sounds like your day was too. Here's a pic of my haul. The garnet is going to be a scarf, the rest will become socks. Lots of socks, but not for awhile. For the time being I'm content to just look at the yarn and search for patterns.

What fun! :yay

Once again, I've scanned through the posts. I got quite a bit of my baby blanket done yesterday and still have about 1/3 to go with it :think

And yes.............................

I hope you all have a wonderful day and now I really really need to finish this blanket and hope for it to be in the mail by tuesday morning :xfin

I'm driving back today so probably won't be back here until later when I get home.

Congratulations, Aunt Marisa. :yay :yay :yay

I went to church with Rosie and John this morning. John went hunting at 5:00 am, but came back at 10 so we would be on time for church.

Not sure just what all I'll be doing today. Working on finishing a couple of small quilting projects and maybe working on the wall hanging or crocheting. We'll see. At least the sun is shining and it's warmer, so the snow is disappearing, although there are still patches of ice here and there on the roads. I think we're supposed to get rain tomorrow and/or Tuesday. That will help get rid of it, too.

Have a great day. :manyheart

Morning House The :sunis out, but I feel like :wbrr. Hope you are all having a nice day. I have found a sock pattern for the zauberball. It will be a down the road start as I already have 1 ripple afghan, 1 baby in the round afghan, intarsia picture blocks for a tote bag, 2 pairs of socks on the needles, and 2 scarves to finish first. This is my entire list of knit projects. I know, I'm crazy. Haven't been in the mood to knit since finishing my Learn to Knit Afghan.

These are the socks I will make someday. Pattern has been purchased. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/slinky-socks

I'd rather be working on this. It's the one on the cover. I'm somewhere in the low 20's on the rounds. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/decorative-crochet-magazine-may-1988-3 In fact, I think that is what I'll do. :)

Hi House, yesterday I try several times to get in here, but for some reason the doors to Our Houses was lock and the site did not let me on or was running extremely slow. I have been having a nice relaxing week-end with a little bit of running around to do some necessary household things. At the moment I'm in the process of making a roast chichen, cabbage and bake sweet potato for dinner. I'm working slowly on some crochet WIP , one a square and the other an afghan that I will probably take a picture of to show the group. As I mrentioned before I got a rigid heddle weaving loom for christmas so I'm in the process of learning how to weave cloth. All my fibre energy lately has been directed in that area and also inkle weaving, which is one of my first love. At the moment I have a scarf on the loom so when I am finish with that I will post a picture of my weaving. Probably the next fibre art on my agenda to learn will be spinning yarn. I sometime wonder why I feel pulled in the fibre direction that I have been going in lately. :think I still love to crochet and sometime knit but I have a deep fibre passion to learn more and more. I don't know why. No matter what directions I go in I will always be a part of Our House, for it's a reminder to crochet sometime when the move strikes me. I always try to be an honest person no matter what I do and I'm being honest with you today my dearest house family about my fibre passion.

Joanne - I know that you are in Boston, you sure picked a perfect week-end to be there. Just me being out in the air today put a bounce in my step. Oooooo LaLa French resturant, sounds so nice. Have fun with your family. :hug:hug

Sherri - nice yarn haul and I love the patterns that you will be using, especially the Slinky colorful socks - they are real cute. :manyheart

Judy - pretty baby 9 patch, you always do great work. :hug

Mary - Oh I love the stitch sampler afghan. :hug

Marisa - that's exciting news to hear about the arrival of your baby niece. :hug

Julie - Hey there :hug

Well got to run and put away some laundry, and then get into some fibre crafts. Talk to you all later.

Hi Ladies. :) Like Cheeria, I've had a horrible time getting on the 'Ville today! Other sites are fine. :think

Thanks to all of you for the compliments on the Stitch Sampler. :manyheart

Joanne ~ It sure sounds like a really fun time in Boston! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Sherri ~ Ooh - new yarn...it's all very pretty! You always have so many lovely projects going and can't wait to see more pictures. :yes

Dusti ~ I loved reading about the girls' slumber party. :) We used to make tents from sheets and blankets and camp out in the basement...and always had a ball! Thank you for the hugs. :manyheart

Marisa ~ Hi Auntie! :c9 Madeline is such a pretty name. I hope you've had a great weekend. :yes

Linda ~ What was John hunting for this a.m.? ;) Enjoy your crafting time today. :hook

Cheeria ~ Looking forward to seeing your weaving! My mother used to spin and still has two antique spinning wheels. Good for you for learning so many different things. :clap Yum - roast chicken sounds wonderful!

Hi Judy, Julie, Cindy and the rest of the House Ladies. :manyheart

It's cold and rainy, which always makes DH crave Mexican food. :lol We went to On the Border and ran a couple of errands; now we're home with football and a fire going.

John is still out hunting deer. Bow season goes through the end of January here in Forsyth county.

Kim and I read the paper. I haven't accomplished much so far today. Just relaxing. I guess I needed it. I read for a while and had a mini nap before he went out hunting again this afternoon. There's a Goldie Hawn movie on now. And I'm fixing us leftovers from yesterday for supper. :manyheart

Jets are winning so far:D

Morning House The :sunis out, but I feel like :wbrr. Hope you are all having a nice day. I have found a sock pattern for the zauberball. It will be a down the road start as I already have 1 ripple afghan, 1 baby in the round afghan, intarsia picture blocks for a tote bag, 2 pairs of socks on the needles, and 2 scarves to finish first. This is my entire list of knit projects. I know, I'm crazy. Haven't been in the mood to knit since finishing my Learn to Knit Afghan.

These are the socks I will make someday. Pattern has been purchased. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/slinky-socks

I'd rather be working on this. It's the one on the cover. I'm somewhere in the low 20's on the rounds. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/decorative-crochet-magazine-may-1988-3 In fact, I think that is what I'll do. :)

Love those patterns! Esp the table cover:c9

Hi House, yesterday I try several times to get in here, but for some reason the doors to Our Houses was lock and the site did not let me on or was running extremely slow. I have been having a nice relaxing week-end with a little bit of running around to do some necessary household things. At the moment I'm in the process of making a roast chichen, cabbage and bake sweet potato for dinner. I'm working slowly on some crochet WIP , one a square and the other an afghan that I will probably take a picture of to show the group. As I mrentioned before I got a rigid heddle weaving loom for christmas so I'm in the process of learning how to weave cloth. All my fibre energy lately has been directed in that area and also inkle weaving, which is one of my first love. At the moment I have a scarf on the loom so when I am finish with that I will post a picture of my weaving. Probably the next fibre art on my agenda to learn will be spinning yarn. I sometime wonder why I feel pulled in the fibre direction that I have been going in lately. :think I still love to crochet and sometime knit but I have a deep fibre passion to learn more and more. I don't know why. No matter what directions I go in I will always be a part of Our House, for it's a reminder to crochet sometime when the move strikes me. I always try to be an honest person no matter what I do and I'm being honest with you today my dearest house family about my fibre passion.

We all go through cycles with our crafting, and if you do something else for a while please share with us because we love anything to do with fiber or crsfting.

Judy - pretty baby 9 patch, you always do great work. :hug

Thanks, hon! Will we be seeing you att he end of the month?

John is still out hunting deer. Bow season goes through the end of January here in Forsyth county.

Kim and I read the paper. I haven't accomplished much so far today. Just relaxing. I guess I needed it. I read for a while and had a mini nap before he went out hunting again this afternoon. There's a Goldie Hawn movie on now. And I'm fixing us leftovers from yesterday for supper. :manyheart

sounds like a perfect day:c9

Cheeria- I think it's great that you are into all different kinds of fiber arts and I can't wait to see some of your weaving projects!

Mary- Watching football with the fire going sounds great to me!!!

LeAnna- We were all rooting for the Seahawks- sorry about the loss!

Watching the Jets/Patriots game and I'm in Patriots country! Now they just scored so the score is 14-11- Jets still winning- but there's lots of game left and it looks like the Patriots have the momentum now.

We went to Harvard Square today. We had brunch, then went to a bead store so my middle DD could get some beads and jewelry making supplies, then we went to a bookstore where they have used books on the entire lower floor. I ended up buying three books for under 10.00.

DD's are now making homemade applesauce and sweet potato gnocci. I'm enjoying the game with DD's BF and crocheting a scarf.

Linda- sounds like a nice day today- and I hope the deer win!!!;)

Joanne...I was hopeful....but the Jets actually won!!!!!!!!:clap:yay

Next week they play Pittsburgh...hear that, Marisa?:lol

:woo for this week since I surely was rooting for the Jets today :clap:yay However, I can't say that for next week :devil:lol

Well ladies, I'm back in Philly and I got a really cute pic of all 4 kids to my phone, so I'm going to get on with my phone in a few minutes to share the pic of my nephews and my new niece :manyheart I can't believe they're home from the hospital already :eek

I played with my new Michael Jackson dance game since it was delivered on friday. I'm quite sore now :lol I didn't want to stop, but I figured I played for over an hour and I needed to stop. Showered and now checking in, then to the couch to work on the baby blanket :yes

I have a sixers game tomorrow, but it's at 2 in the afternoon and we are open at work. But I'm leaving after lunch, however, Mary's staying at work so I'm not sure if I'll have company at the game or not. My boss is thinking about it, but hasn't gotten back to me yet and if he doesn't go, I think one of Mary's friend's would like to go, who happens to be the father of the little girl I made the hat for so would be perfect for him to go :think

OK, I gotta run....it's getting late and I feel like I have a lot to do. It sounds like everyone had a great day today.

Hi Ladies,

This afternoon I got on facebook and there was a message to call my cousin. It was his wife died this morning. So it's a sad time for me. Her wishes were to be cremated and no services. So that is what they will do. They had plans to move to Massachusetts so that is what he is going to do. Please put him and the family in your prayers. She had cancer and now she is not suffering.

Linda, Your quilt is beautiful!

Judy, Baby blanket is pretty and the lapghan is nice to.

Mary, Your sampler is beautiful! I have going at home.

Marisa, PT is putting my neck in traction for 20 minutes. They stretch it for 20 seconds and release for 7 seconds and repeat. Then we work on the hand. I roll and squeeze putty in my hand, then put it between each of my fingers and squeeze the fingers together, then put it in my hand and touch my thumb to each of my fingers. This week I start 3 times a week.

Congrats on the niece! Beautiful family!

I'm really not up to being on here so I'm going to say good night. Tomorrow my internet will be down for awhile. I share the cost of it with the neighbor and they are getting new flooring so I will be on when it get back on. Have a nice evening everyone and a good monday.

Hi Ladies,

This afternoon I got on facebook and there was a message to call my cousin. It was his wife died this morning. So it's a sad time for me. Her wishes were to be cremated and no services. So that is what they will do. They had plans to move to Massachusetts so that is what he is going to do. Please put him and the family in your prayers. She had cancer and now she is not suffering.

Linda, Your quilt is beautiful!

Judy, Baby blanket is pretty and the lapghan is nice to.

Mary, Your sampler is beautiful! I have going at home.

Marisa, PT is putting my neck in traction for 20 minutes. They stretch it for 20 seconds and release for 7 seconds and repeat. Then we work on the hand. I roll and squeeze putty in my hand, then put it between each of my fingers and squeeze the fingers together, then put it in my hand and touch my thumb to each of my fingers. This week I start 3 times a week.

Congrats on the niece! Beautiful family!

I'm really not up to being on here so I'm going to say good night. Tomorrow my internet will be down for awhile. I share the cost of it with the neighbor and they are getting new flooring so I will be on when it get back on. Have a nice evening everyone and a good monday.

:hug :hug :hug :hug I'm so sorry Marlene and will keep your family in my prayers. :hug :hug :hug

Wow, The Jets actually pulled it off!!! And Marisa- yes, next week it's all about the J-E-T-S!!!:devil At least for Judy and I!!!:lol

Your nephews and niece are so adorable. Can't believe she is home already either!!! Have fun at the Sixers game tomorrow

Marlene- Sorry to hear about your cousins wife! :hug:hug Good luck with your PT this week- and hope you start noticing improvement soon!

We just heard that the high tomorrow is going to be 18 degrees!!! That is COLD:wbrr And then Tuesday they are predicting snow!! But rain for NJ- we'll see what they are saying tomorrow- if anything changes- It's so much nicer driving in sunny weather- but as long as its not going to be freezing rain, we'll be ok!

Off for the night!

Good morning housemates :hi

I'm getting ready to head out the door, but wanted to pop in to say hello.

Joanne - We're supposed to get ice overnight here into tomorrow, est at about 1" right now :( But it's also supposed to be warm tomorrow so it should all melt right away too :xfin Be careful tomorrow no matter what the conditions are :hug

I'll be back after the sixers game :cheer

Hello everyone. I think I have found my energy again. I've already started crocheting today and I haven't been off work much more than an hour.

I actually threw away two Joann's coupons for 50% off any regular priced item. The temptation to go and use them was strong but my will power was stronger. I am going to bust my stash this year so that I can rebuild it the way I want it.

Of course it would be easier to build my stash my way if Lady Luck would smile on me and let me win the Powerball or something similar. :P :P :P

Oh well. Maybe someday.

Check in later. Have a wonderful and safe day.

Hello again from freezing cold Boston- 11 degrees right now!!!

Marisa- I checked the weather for tomorrow by the time line on when we'll be traveling- snow here, snow/ice in Hartford, CT and Fairfield, CT, by the time I hit Greenwich CT- rain so we'll see - DD has to be in work early tomorrow- 7AM which means she leaves here around 6:15. Everyone is still sleeping, so we'll discuss when they wake up. Have fun at the game!!!

Shannon- Enjoy your day! And good for you on getting rid of the coupons. I'm trying very hard not to be tempted- I also need to use the stash that I have!!!!

BBL!

Good morning ladies!

Getting around early have pt this morning, jam session this afternoon, cards tonight. Hopefully the important call that were expecting will come between when pt is over and the jam session.

Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts for my family.

Maya and her Mommy were going to make brownies yesterday and Maya went to get the eggs and her Mommy wouldn't let her so Maya told her she was mean. She got in trouble for that and marched to her room since she wouldn't go on her own and no brownies were made. Mommy told her she hurt her feelings and Maya apologized. I told Mommy sometimes I let her get the eggs and sometimes I didn't. But I always knew how many were in there. I said she learn what she can do with her and what Grandma lets her do.

Going to run. Have a nice day everyone!

Archived