Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back to my hook now. I'm making squares from a Vanna pattern book in baby variegated, and have some more to go before I can assemble them. I can't assemble yet, since I have to wait and see if I run out of this color and have to go to Plan B as far as assembling them goes.

They're all about 10 inches:)

Have a good night, ladies.

Julie, I have to work again tomorrow and then I am done for the week.

This is my friends little boy Houston whom the red hat was made for a couple weeks ago! Touched my heart that his Mom had his pics taken with it on!!!!

That hat looks so cute on that little guy!

Thanks....the yarn was Patons Wool - NOT the superwash wool, since that won't felt. For that pattern I used one skein plus just a bit of my second. Just the regular wool. The variegated makes a beautiful shaded effect. I found out the length of the strap doesn't shrink like the body of the bag...:lol

Oops :lol Who would have guessed?! I am putting some of that wool on my shopping list next weekend. I am not sure, yet, what I am going to do with it, but I just LOVE how it worked up for you. Thank you for the info.

Thanks ladies for the info on where to search for the lingerie bags ! I'll make sure to do that next time I make a store run .

Dusti

That's very interesting ,when you got to live overseas and learn so much ! This little old town is the only place I have ever lived .

Cindy

Glad you get some extra days off this week !

Hello everyone!

Nice to see so many posts when I came home from Paradise!:) Busy, busy day for sure- always is after returning from days off- the emails alone- my goodness!!!:eek

Julie- Glad to see you back:hug and my favorite part of spring is also the purple flowers-are you thinking of crocuses? When I see them popping up, it makes me happy!!:):flower I also love daffodils and tulips- and getting flowers to plant- and the buds on the trees, and the birds singing- and just about everything to do with spring!!! What did you think of Biggest Loser last night? Very strange how the twins each gained 9 lbs!:think:eek

I see that everyone told you where to get the lingerie bags- I also saw them in one of our Dollar Stores- but they probably are not carried in every one. That was a good idea that Judy had of putting the skeins in the dryer on air to see if some of the fluffy stuff goes away!

Dusti- Wow- that is so cool that you lived in Japan for 18 months- and I'm impressed with the degree you got! I finally went back to finish up my undergrad degree when my DD's were done with their college- (or almost done- actually, my youngest was still in college) and graduated with a BA in Sociology. My youngest was also a very finicky eater- luckily- she outgrew that!

Cheeria- I'm not surprised that you are falling asleep as soon as your head hits the pillow- It's not easy taking care of two little ones all week- that's why I was soooooo glad that I had my DD's when I was young- I had all three of them by the time I was 28. I look back and wonder where I ever got all the energy!!! Take care of yourself! Love your square BTW!!!

Kiyo- I love all your projects and that hat looks so cute on little Houston. You do very nice work:yes

Mary- Hope you had a fun day with Luke- and that all his crawling/trying to walk didn't tire you out too much!

Linda- I'm glad that you are up for the challenge of the quilting contest. I'm so excited for you!!!

Marisa- Isn't it great that in a flash you can have 250 pictures to look at! I love all the new technology! Speaking of which- I do like the Ipad- and am going to go to Apple on Sunday to find out all the ins and outs of it- I learn much quicker when someone shows me how to use something than reading about it and trying to figure it out.

Judy- I did notice the JETS helmet as your avatar. I'm rooting for the Jets too- the way I figure it- they are not in the same division as the Giants- and it would be fun if the "OTHER" local team makes it all the way! DD called today and said that the SuperBowl party is on - she has a 4 day weekend that week- she just started working 3 days 12 hr shifts in the OR and every other week she'll have a 4 day weekend. She loves it!

Cindy- You sure did sleep in today! 9AM!! Wow!!! Did you start another project?:lol:lol

I am going to take a break from the flannel'ghan tonight- My thumb was a little sore today- I think from the 2 strands of yarn- I may take a break from crocheting and read- or I may just start the bookbag with the Patons yarn.

Hope you all have a good night!:hug

Hey there house family, I have a moment at this time to post while the grand lil darlings are playing and don't need me at the moment. I guess I need to have my blood tested again for I'm starting to feel run down, exhausted and tired all the time and the minute my head hit the pillow I'm out for the count of not even 3. :think As the baby get bigger and stronger he want to be on the floor crawling and playing with all his toys and his brother's toys. It's easy to get the baby to nap but I'm having a hard time for Jaedon to just lie down and nap. He tells me grandma, "I just want to play, play, play." :think I am getting a few rows of my afghan done each day and probably on Friday I will share a picture of what I'm working on. In the meantime here is a picture of the square I completed for the CAL over at Raverly.

squares 12 inch 002

I see many new friends have joined and I want to say hi and welcome to our house. :cheer:manyheart

Well got to run and feed the hungry lil grand darlings, I'm so glad I had a chance today to post to the group for I miss all of you and all of you are very dear to me and have been on my mind. HUGS to anyone I may have miss. I will try to come back tomorrow until that time take care House Family. :hug:hug

Take care of yourself, Cheeria. Hopefully there is nothing too serious wrong.:hug :hug :hug

Aree loves to model....can you tell----and good thing this hat isn't hers, it's a lilllll bit too tight lol. I actually used this pattern by Amy Depew posted back in July- I had done the lil red hat a couple weeks ago just playing around with 2 fpdc and 2 bpdc, this one was single. The fpdc/bpdc allows for a lot of stretching! Love it

:clap :clap :clap

I'm going to try that Plastic Dip- spray on to avoid slippage on the slipper! The lil red hat was for a lil boy- sooooo cute on him .

:clap :clap :clap

This is my friends little boy Houston whom the red hat was made for a couple weeks ago! Touched my heart that his Mom had his pics taken with it on!!!!

Wow! He's super cute in his red hat. :clap :clap :clap

Glad to see you back among us, Miss Julie.

I spent part of the afternoon calling various shops to see who had or was getting the material for the Hoffman 2011 Quilt Challenge. The biggest challenge for me may be in finding the materials I want to use. :( Quite a few of the quilt shops have or will have the main pattern which is the required one, but most of them only have at most a few of the coordinating patterns. One shop that Rosie and I went to on Saturday has the main one and two of the coordinating one, but that's it. This could get interesting. :think And frustrating. Apparently a lot of them won't have it until February, so hopefully I'll have better luck in a few weeks.

When the daffodils come into bloom here I know that spring is here and the birds will soon be here too.

Good evening ladies :hi

Work was insanely busy today :eek But now it's over and I got home a while ago, changed and put a frozen pizza in the over :drool It smells wonderful and I just took it out so it's waiting for me :lol Tonight I'm going to watch american idol while doing the border of my blanket.

Mary - I'm sure you already starting to chase Luke all over the place :lol

Linda - Sounds like you've been very productive. Good luck finding the fabric you'd like to use for the competition quilt :xfin:hug

Cindy - :yay for sleeping in, your body sure must've needed it :yes

Kiyo - Your post exhausted me just from reading it, the one about all the mishaps yesterday. All of your projects are gorgeous!!! :yes

Dusti - My mom is going to Phoenix in february, but I won't see them until they come home in July. I'm flying to Pittsburgh in march to visit my sister....you were on the right track though :h5 Can't wait to see your afghan and I think you will finish it in no time. Madeline is doing just fine to my knowledge, probably apart from the boys bugging her :lol

Judy - I love the felted bag :yes

Cheeria - I like you square and the blues are soo pretty. Sounds like the little ones are keeping you busy as always ;) I hope your not falling ill :(:hug :hug :hug

Julie - Welcome back young lady!!!! Let me know if you don't find a lingerie bag by the weekend and I'll pick one up to mail to you when I'm out and about on the weekend :yes What about that anti-pilling yarn I saw? I wonder how that would be for you :think

Shannon - :hi

Joanne - My mom has an iPad too and it's pretty cool :yes Have fun learning your new toy. You could download the nook software on it and share your books between the ipad and your nook :think

Hi Joanne

I liked the BL show last night,and it was really odd when the twins gained the exact poundage . I don't think either of them seemed to have their heart in sticking it out there ,and the other one will probably be soon to go too. I think they both want to lose weight,but they also both had pretty big things at home to deal with,so maybe they felt their place was home instead of being gone from their families .

Wow, you are lucky to have an Ipad --those look so cool !

Hi Linda

Sounds like you are gearing up for your next big quilt show -- sure hope you can find the exact patterns and colors you have in mind .

Hi Marisa

Thanks for the offer to pick up the lingerie bag-- I'll make a run maybe in the morning to look for one .We are supposed to have some more snow headed our way tomorrow,but they said it wont hit early morning,so maybe I can get out then .

Well, guess I'll head off and turn on the first night of American Idol. We havent watched it for the past couple of years . Kinda got burnt out on it,but I'm interested in seeing how the new judges do .

Will check in tomorrow morning !

Aree loves to model....can you tell----and good thing this hat isn't hers, it's a lilllll bit too tight lol. I actually used this pattern by Amy Depew posted back in July- I had done the lil red hat a couple weeks ago just playing around with 2 fpdc and 2 bpdc, this one was single. The fpdc/bpdc allows for a lot of stretching! Love it

Love the hats!

Hi gang

Back again from my self-imposed exile .

Welcome to our new people ,it is sure great to see this place hopping again ,just like back in the olden days .

Sorry I had to step out again for a bit . Those that have known me a long time, know that I do that from time to time when life gets kinda rough.... I need to step out and go into hibernation mode until the latest issue is resolved . I get a little bogged down with life sometimes, so need to remove myself from as much as possible until the latest storm passes .

Anyhow, I 'm back, and hoping that things behave and settle down again .

I ended up buying more Caron SS tha other day. I'm sorry but I'm just not a doily person. I love looking at them,but don't enjoy making them.

The dishcloths, you can only make so many ,so I bought more yarn. I am going to try just using it a little at a time, then taking a break and reading the rest of the day,so maybe I can do it in small doses .

I looked for a lingerie bag and couldnt find one,and couldnt think of anything to use in place of one,so I cant try Marisa's yarn washing idea.

Anyhow, I am SO far behind on posts it is not even funny,so wont even attempt to answer anyone because I will end u[ leaving someone else out.

So, I will just say howdy to all ,and good to be back .

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping busy and hanging in there with this winter weather .

Each year, I get tired of winter a little bit earlier .Today we kinda have some sleet-type stuff falling which makes for slippery walking/driving .

Question of the day :

What is your FAVORITE part of spring ? I thik mine is seeing the little purple flowers --- whatever they are,that seem to peek out here before anything else .

It shows that spring is on the way -- it may take another 6 weeks to GET here, but at least it is a sign of better weather ahead .

YOUR TURN .................

Pantyhose leg for skein washing, maybe? As for spring it is the cherry tree blossoms. Love the pink blooms. :)

Pantyhose leg for skein washing, maybe? As for spring it is the cherry tree blossoms. Love the pink blooms. :)

Ooooo, great idea :idea

Hi House. I finished a knitted scarf today. Srunchable Scarf knit with 2 Cleckheton wool.

:hug to all.

Beautiful scarf :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Marisa, Wow 250 pics! Congrats on finishing the baby blanket. It is really pretty!

Mary, The cold spell is on its way here to. Luke is thinking about walking. The fun will start soon.

Linda, Good luck finding the material you need for the quilt.

Dusti, The flower shaped ghan sounds nice and the colors sound pretty.

Judy, Pretty bag!

Kiyo, Nice work! Houston looks really cute in his hat!

Cheeria, Pretty square! Hope your not getting sick. Maya would fight sleep, but if I rocked her she would take a nap.

Julie, Glad to see you back!

Shari, Nice scarf!

Joanne, Enjoy the evening!

I like to hear the birds singing. I heard one here this morning.

Busy day here today. Pt this morning, meet your neighbor was going on while I was at pt so I stopped by when I got back. Didn't meet anyone new, but I did enjoy a cup of coffee and a doughnut. Had crafts this morning and I was the only one doing anything. I added a few more rows to Maya's scarf. Did laundry this afternoon and played cards tonight.

Tomorrow we are are going to make up some burritos. We had extra so were cooking it up. I'm going to head to bed now. Have a nice day tomorrow!

Well I'm not the absolute first this morning, but I'm early. Of course, I'm going back to bed as soon as I finish my can of Dew. I had to get up for a while.

It :2snow here yesterday. Of course it just had to start out with sleet so that there was a nice coating of ice on everything. Thankfully, had nowhere to go yesterday.

Have to take my son to work this morning at about 9:30 am. The trucks have already been out salting/sanding. Which is a definite plus.

I have several blocks for the afghans that just need border rounds put on and so while I sit for two hours at work tonight before I clock in I'll try to get those done and maybe some other stuff. I love to see how much I can get done while I hide in the back dining room before clocking in on Thursdays.

I'll check back later. need to finish this can up so that I can go back to bed.

Hi Sherri

Thanks for the pantyhose idea-- never even thought of that ! This sounds pathetic but I dont have any pantyhose ! I never wear dresses, or havent in years ! ( I never go anyplace fancy enough to wear a dress )

They'd definitely be findable --even at our dollar store i bet ! Will try the yarn washing and drying experiment today .

Your scarf is really pretty ! Is it a type of yarn that the colors melt into each other ? Not sure what it's called ..not variegated . Self striping maybe ?

Marisa

Another afghan completed ? Wow, you are good ! Love the pink !

Marlene

Hi ,and how are you doing with your therapy ? Are you noticing any changes yet ? It sounds as if you keep really busy down there !

Shannon

It sounds like you are getting lots of crochet time in ,which is great . Stay safe on the roads out there !

Good morning House mates!!!

Sherri- I love the knitted scarf- and how the colors just seem to 'melt' into each other- very pretty.:yes

Marisa- Very sweet baby blankie. Madeline will soon be wrapped up in all your love!!!:manyheart WTG on finishing it!!!

Linda- Good luck with finding the materials you need for the challenge!! It sounds like the name of the contest is appropriate- that it will be a challenge:lol But I'm sure you'll figure out something!!! I have great faith in you and your abilities!!!

Shannon- How do you fall asleep after finishing some Dew? Isn't that loaded with caffeine? Although I do have a cup of coffee around 6 or 7 every night and that doesn't stop me from falling asleep:lol

Julie- That was a great idea that Sherri had about the pantyhose- :tupcan't wait to hear if it helps washing the yarn before using it!

Marlene- You really do keep very busy while you are in TX- sounds like lots of fun!!! Hope the PT continues to help you! How'd you do at cards last night?

Today is going to be another busy day in paradise, but at least it should go by quickly which is always a plus.

Another snow storm:2snow is headed Jersey's way tonight into tomorrow! Enough of winter already!!! I'm going to ask my boss today if I can work from home tomorrow.

See you all later and hope you have a good day!:hug

Hi Sherri

Thanks for the pantyhose idea-- never even thought of that ! This sounds pathetic but I dont have any pantyhose ! I never wear dresses, or havent in years ! ( I never go anyplace fancy enough to wear a dress )

They'd definitely be findable --even at our dollar store i bet ! Will try the yarn washing and drying experiment today .

Your scarf is really pretty ! Is it a type of yarn that the colors melt into each other ? Not sure what it's called ..not variegated . Self striping maybe ?

Marisa

Another afghan completed ? Wow, you are good ! Love the pink !

Marlene

Hi ,and how are you doing with your therapy ? Are you noticing any changes yet ? It sounds as if you keep really busy down there !

Shannon

It sounds like you are getting lots of crochet time in ,which is great . Stay safe on the roads out there !

Hope the pantyhose works. The yarn is something I was gifted from an overseas friend. The top photo shows what it looks like in the skein. http://sherris-sundries.blogspot.com/2009/05/i-do-believe-in-fairies.html

Good morning, peeps!

Marlene, thanks for the compliment on the bag. It sounds like you're busy! I hope you feel okay today.

I do like the Ipad- and am going to go to Apple on Sunday to find out all the ins and outs of it- I learn much quicker when someone shows me how to use something than reading about it and trying to figure it out.

I was wondering what you thought of the iPad. I think you have a laptop, (I have a netbook....smaller but similar) I know you have a Nook, like I do... I'm curious as to how it might replace or be better than having so many other "toys".

or I may just start the bookbag with the Patons yarn.

Go, Joanne, Go:cheer:clap:devil

Judy - I love the felted bag :yes

Thanks!:hook

Hi House. I finished a knitted scarf today. Srunchable Scarf knit with 2 Cleckheton wool.

:hug to all.

I LOVE that colorway! Self-striping yarn is such fun.:yes

Here is the baby blanket :D I have it all packaged up and ready to go out in the mail tomorrow morning :clap:yay

That is so CUTE!! :cheer:clap I think it's going to be well-loved.:yes

Archived