Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I finished the last square for the baby ghan....and at the end was left with a golf ball size bit of yarn:sweat

Next step is an hdc border around each one in a neutral, join them, another small border around th eentire thing in that same neutral, then baby yellow around the entire thing. It picks up the yellow in the variegated....:D

I'm sure it is going to be lovely when it's finished!!!:yes

Have a good night and rest up-tomorrow night- 6:30- Go J-E-T-S!!!!:cheer

Hi, everyone. Kim has already gone to sleep for the night. Too much activity and shorted on sleep this morning has done her in for the day. I wish I could join her, but it'll be a while yet for me. I think I'll be working on a Christmas stocking for a while nowl.

Have a good evening, housemates.:manyheart

My sixers won tingiht :clap:yay

I worked on my bernat ghan and got quite a bit accomplished :clap At the game, I worked on the baby cardigan that I haven't worked on since the last game :lol Now am just waiting for my cousins flight to arrive so I can go get her :sigh I sure am tired though :yes

I hope everyone has a nice and relaxing sunday :hug :hug :hug

Oh, and in case I'm not in tomorrow........

:devil:cheer :cheer GO STEELERS!!!!!! :cheer :cheer :devil

Morning ladies

Wow, I am behind in here as usual .

Marisa

That will be nice for your family to have your own separate viewing before everyone else.

Cindy

Yea, we are looking forward to seeing the other grandkids. It's kinda sad actually,because they have lived far away for their entire lives,and we havent gotten to see much of them,so we really don't know them very well . Long distance grandparent-hood is not a good way to do things,but you have to deal with things the best you can .

Cam was here ,he spent Friday night and all day yesterday and went home after supper last night .

Your new scarf is very pretty !

Jude

Good job, completing another babyghan !

Joanne

Are the 2 babies due at about the same times, or different ,and will you get to be at the one in Alabama ? I bet you will be there for the one 8 miles away !

Cam was the only one we were there for -- I paced a rut in the hospital hallway. I was in the room with Steph during most of the labor, but left when they got down to the last stages-- just didnt think it was appropriate for me to be there. I wouldnt have wanted anyone (other than Sam) in there for any part of mine !

and AMEN about the ultrasonds-- mine looked like a fuzzy picture on a tv screen .

Hi Trish

You do have your family spaced apart well. I often think we should have done that - we had our kids all in one big chunk of time, which really didnt give me time to spend with each one as mch as I wold have liked .

And congrats on the new grandbabies coming to you too ! Lots of good news in the House !

I had our first grandbaby on my 40th birthday !

Hi Sherri -- how's life treating you ?

Linda

Glad John was able to go meet up with his friends-- it sounded like the weather might have changed his plans ,so I'm glad it was good enough for him to make it .

Good morning!

Julie- The babies are due a month apart. DH's grandson is due July 9, and my DD's baby is due August 4. We probably won't be at the birth in Alabama, but you can be darn sure I'll be at DD's! It is a weird feeling in a way, my baby having a baby. But so exciting at the same time!

Marisa- Congrats on the Sixers win!!! I hope you didn't have to wait too long for your cousin's flight to arrive! Oh, and in case you pop in- :cheerGO JETS :cheer

The Bears vs Packers game is on first and the Jets/Steelers game isn't on till 6:30 PM.

Linda- Did you get the new channels and such figured out. I think John knew what he was doing- :devil Hope he had a good time.

Val- thinking about you- how's your Dad doing? He had recent surgery didn't he? Did you hire a new mgr?

It is another :wbrr day today- and I'm heading out this morning to find out more about my IPad at the Apple store- I like that they have those hands on sessions. After that I'll probably stop at B&N since it's right by there. While I'm out and about, I'll probably stop at the grocery store too. We are expecting another snowstorm on Tuesday into Wednesday! I'm more than done with winter- but Mother Nature isn't!!!:lol

Hope you all have a nice relaxing day!

To our sports-minded people--

Sounds like today is gonna be quite an interesting one regarding the football games .

To be fair and not take sides :

May the best team win .

:cheerGo J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!!!!!!:cheer

:lol

Cindy

Yea, we are looking forward to seeing the other grandkids. It's kinda sad actually,because they have lived far away for their entire lives,and we havent gotten to see much of them,so we really don't know them very well . Long distance grandparent-hood is not a good way to do things,but you have to deal with things the best you can .

Linda

Glad John was able to go meet up with his friends-- it sounded like the weather might have changed his plans ,so I'm glad it was good enough for him to make it .

You are so right, Julie. Long distance grandparenting is really hard.

He's been having fun with his high school friends. They were having turkey for supper last night. They played a lot of poker and I think John came out on top.

Linda- Did you get the new channels and such figured out. I think John knew what he was doing- :devil Hope he had a good time.

Getting all the channels figured out is going to take some time. I am gradually figuring out how to navigate my way around, but I don't know where any of my favorite channels are. It's going to take lots of time to be able to just go to them, but I'll get there eventually.

I had quite a scare last night with Kim. I had gotten her up to the bathroom at 1:00 and she was walking normally. When I went to get her back to bed it was another matter entirely. Her right arm was limp, she couldn't move her right leg on her own and it was barely supporting her, her left leg wasn't doing too well either. Thank goodness her left arm was still working. I managed to keep her from going down on the floor but it was a close call twice. I ended up with her left arm locked around my neck and a tight hold on her night shirt with my right hand and my left hand holding her right wrist. By inching our way down the hall, with me moving her right leg for her we managed to get her back to bed. It took almost 25 minutes to make the short trip from the bathroom to the bed and felt like hours, but we made it safely. I was so scared. It appears that she was just way overtired from all the excitement yesterday, because she's doing okay this morning. Needless to say we are going to be taking it very easy for the next several days. My back and shoulders are sore, but I'm okay, too.

Hope everyone has a good day. :hug

Good Morning House! Its Sunday! I figured out how to log on via my "smarter than me phone!"little slower going but its ok! Looks like a good weekend is being had by all! I worked my 2d job yesterday. Good. Payin cuz I wouldn't do it for my health THAT'S FOR SURE! I unload a full semi filled with cases of assorted produce. Yesterday was by far the hardest in the last year I've done the job! 12 different stops and the were HEAVY cases....50 lb potatoes, 20 lb grapefruits and lemons etc...ugggggh! I was WORTHLESS when I got home! Today is a new day and I'm surprised how good I feel!

I am working on the wedding afghan, doing some laundry, enjoying thesunshine with 25 whoppin degrees! and goin to be watching meself some football! No favorite, may the best teams win! Will pop in later! Hugs to you all!

Good Morning House! Its Sunday! I figured out how to log on via my "smarter than me phone!"little slower going but its ok! Looks like a good weekend is being had by all! I worked my 2d job yesterday. Good. Payin cuz I wouldn't do it for my health THAT'S FOR SURE! I unload a full semi filled with cases of assorted produce. Yesterday was by far the hardest in the last year I've done the job! 12 different stops and the were HEAVY cases....50 lb potatoes, 20 lb grapefruits and lemons etc...ugggggh! I was WORTHLESS when I got home! Today is a new day and I'm surprised how good I feel!

I am working on the wedding afghan, doing some laundry, enjoying thesunshine with 25 whoppin degrees! and goin to be watching meself some football! No favorite, may the best teams win! Will pop in later! Hugs to you all!

Hi Ladies,

Cheeria, Your afghan is beautiful!

Marisa, No french toast here yet. I to put my sheets right back on the bed. It's good that the family is getting there time alone before everyone else.

Dusti, Have a fun weekend at your parents.

Joanne, Congrats on becoming a Grandma! It's wonderful! How lucky for you that you are that close. My DS and DD both had girls a month apart. My first grandbaby was a boy and my DS was my first baby. I was at the hospital whe all three were born and it was way to cool. I was able to hold both of the girls before they cleaned them up. With Payton it was the next day, but I sure made up for it. My other 5 GKS are step. Sons wife came with a package of 3 and SD we went up the to the hospital the next day when her 2 were born. But we lived 2 doors down so we could see them as often as wanted to.

Julie, It will be so much fun for you this summer with all the GKS around. Will they be staying with you and Sam?

Kiyo, I think you doggie wants his own blanket to cover up with. lol! That's looks like a nice warm aghan to. I'm sure you and DD had a wonderful time at the concert.

Judy, WTG on finishing another babyghan! I don't like spinach so I won't be trying you dish. Sorry!

Cindy, WTG on finishing the pretty scarf!

Linda, When DD had her cable installed I found the channels I liked to watch and put them under favorite. So much easier to find. Her channels are numbered like sattelite is.

Trish, Congrats on becomeing a Grandma again! It is good to be a young Grandma so you can do things with the GKS as they are growing up.

Mary, Hi! How are your parents and MIL doing?

Sherri, Hi! How long are you going to be Texas? I'm down at Fulton/Rockport area.

I'll catch you all later. Have a nice day!

oh, my - I guess you don't need a gym if you can do all that!!

Hi everyone. Quick visit here.

I'm feeling lazy. Its freezing outside, (it was 15 below zero when I got up!), and I am sitting here by the fire. I've done a little knitting, a little reading and a little snoozing!

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Hi everyone. Quick visit here.

I'm feeling lazy. Its freezing outside, (it was 15 below zero when I got up!), and I am sitting here by the fire. I've done a little knitting, a little reading and a little snoozing!

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Except for a quick browse through B&B we're havign a lazy day, too. Much too cold out to do anything else - even for me! Supposed to be even colder tomorrow.:P

Back to my hook....and watching "You've Got Mail" till the 1st football game starts:)

Afternoon everyone, I just got home from church and did a tiny bit of running around in the stores in this freezing weather, but it was all good for I parked my car far just to walk and get a bit of exercise in. I have been busy, busy but that's okay too for it's part of being alive and moving with the flow of life. :eek I had the grand darlings last night but that was okay too for we were all in our PJ's and in snooz land when their parents return. Tomorrow I will not have them but I have a doctor appointment to get my yearly women check-up and then on to getting my car an oil change after that I will be free, free, free. I am making enough dinner to last for tomorrow meal at least I should have left over meat for I have a roast beef in the oven at the moment. I didn't get no crafts in, yesterday with all the running around that I had to do for this household, I barely had time to take a deep breathe. :think I didn't go back and read all the posts but I did read the posts for today so i will respond to those now.

Judy - I love the colors in your baby ghan, the creme/beige border really make the varigated yarn pop. :hug

Cindy - MMMmmmmmm your lazy day sound sooooooo gooooood. After I crank out this Sunday's meal I plan on having a lazy day also enjoy. :manyheart

Joanne - Oh you are going to be a grandma, I'm so happy for you :hug

Linda - Oooo Boy just reading about Kim's ordeal sacred me, I'm glad to hear that she is okay, sorry to hear that you feel sore. :hug

Lovinthis32 - WOW you are so strong lifting 50lbs of potato and unloading a semi...... :hug

Julie - hey you, how are you doing. Sorry I haven't been around as often as I would like but some how it got busier for me. :hug

Marisa, Leanna, Shannon and all the rest of the House Family HUGS :hug:hug:hug:hug

HI all,

Had a busy day already- and we are now home. We headed to the Apple store and the girl giving the workshop on the IPad was very good- there were only 4 of us- all women and about the same age. One of the women in the group is the Lieutenant Governor of NJ and she seemed very down to earth and just one of us. I didn't know she was the Lieutenant Governor until after the workshop when we went to Starbucks and one of the other women who was in the workshop told me who she was. She used to be the Sheriff of Monmouth County prior to becoming the Lieutenant Gov. I was wearing the Belle scarf that I had made last year (in homespun- pattern fromhere and the ladies all commented on how they liked it and were very surprised when I told them I made it. It made me feel good!

After the workshop, DH and I browsed around the mall a bit and then went to Borders and to Dick's Sporting Goods. I got 2 NY Yankee Shirts and a NY Giants shirt for 9.95!!! They were marked 75% off the clearance price! I was SO excited!!!!!:yes I just love a good bargain!!!

Linda- I'm glad that you are ok after that scare with Kim last night. Do you think she should be checked out? I wonder if it was just her being tired or something else?:think Hope you are having a relaxing day today.

Kiyo- You sure did get a workout- I don't think I could do that job!!! That's a lot of wt to be lifting- and Judy is right- who needs a gym when you can do all that lifting!

Cheeria- Now that you are home and have dinner in the oven, maybe you will get to do a little crafting today and then again tomorrow! Good luck with the appt and hope you get a lot of time to do what you want to do.

Cindy- I thought it was cold here!!! Minus 15 degrees? :eek Now THAT is REALLY cold- good thing you have a fire and have been just having a nice, lazy day!

Judy- That is going to be a very pretty baby ghan!!!:manyheart

Watching the Bears/Packers game now- but the one I care about is on at 6:30- so I'll probably pull out the flannel'ghan and work a little bit on that!

BBL

That is going to be a gorgeous blanket!

Thanks, Cindy and Joanne....the strips ar emade but now I'll be giving my full attention to the Jets game, so no hooking till tomorrow:D

Judy - I love the colors in your baby ghan, the creme/beige border really make the varigated yarn pop. :hug

Thanks! The border color is pale yellow, though - I know my monitor isn't always good with colors, so just wanted to let you know. Whatever, the fact that it's light DOES help the squares pop;) I kept changing my mind on how I was going to assemble it, and decided to keep it simple.:hook

Linda, I hope Kim has been okay today - and YOU! A hot shower might help those muscles.:hug:manyheart

Off I go for the night....

GO JETS!!!!!!!!:D

John got home at about 1:00 this afternoon and brought us lunch. Kim has been doing much better.She a little more sluggish than usual, but about the same as when she is way overtired. We'll be keeping a close eye on her for the next day or so and if she doesn't perk up we'll get her in to be seen and evaluated. At this point, I still think it's due to overdoing it yesterday. We don't have any appointments for this week so that's good. John said that this has happened to him a few times in the middle of the night after a long day of excitement. He can basically pick her up and carry her, which I can't. After lunch I had a long hot shower and have been relaxing in bed reading since then. Thanks for all your concern. :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Cheeria, Your afghan is beautiful!

Marisa, No french toast here yet. I to put my sheets right back on the bed. It's good that the family is getting there time alone before everyone else.

Dusti, Have a fun weekend at your parents.

Joanne, Congrats on becoming a Grandma! It's wonderful! How lucky for you that you are that close. My DS and DD both had girls a month apart. My first grandbaby was a boy and my DS was my first baby. I was at the hospital whe all three were born and it was way to cool. I was able to hold both of the girls before they cleaned them up. With Payton it was the next day, but I sure made up for it. My other 5 GKS are step. Sons wife came with a package of 3 and SD we went up the to the hospital the next day when her 2 were born. But we lived 2 doors down so we could see them as often as wanted to.

Julie, It will be so much fun for you this summer with all the GKS around. Will they be staying with you and Sam?

Kiyo, I think you doggie wants his own blanket to cover up with. lol! That's looks like a nice warm aghan to. I'm sure you and DD had a wonderful time at the concert.

Judy, WTG on finishing another babyghan! I don't like spinach so I won't be trying you dish. Sorry!

Cindy, WTG on finishing the pretty scarf!

Linda, When DD had her cable installed I found the channels I liked to watch and put them under favorite. So much easier to find. Her channels are numbered like sattelite is.

Trish, Congrats on becomeing a Grandma again! It is good to be a young Grandma so you can do things with the GKS as they are growing up.

Mary, Hi! How are your parents and MIL doing?

Sherri, Hi! How long are you going to be Texas? I'm down at Fulton/Rockport area.

I'll catch you all later. Have a nice day!

Just for a few more days. Then it looks like I'll be driving in snow. Joy. :P

Morning ladies

Wow, I am behind in here as usual .

Marisa

That will be nice for your family to have your own separate viewing before everyone else.

Cindy

Cam was here ,he spent Friday night and all day yesterday and went home after supper last night .

Your new scarf is very pretty !

Jude

Good job, completing another babyghan !

Joanne

Are the 2 babies due at about the same times, or different ,and will you get to be at the one in Alabama ? I bet you will be there for the one 8 miles away !

Cam was the only one we were there for -- I paced a rut in the hospital hallway. I was in the room with Steph during most of the labor, but left when they got down to the last stages-- just didnt think it was appropriate for me to be there. I wouldnt have wanted anyone (other than Sam) in there for any part of mine !

and AMEN about the ultrasonds-- mine looked like a fuzzy picture on a tv screen .

Hi Trish

You do have your family spaced apart well. I often think we should have done that - we had our kids all in one big chunk of time, which really didnt give me time to spend with each one as mch as I wold have liked .

And congrats on the new grandbabies coming to you too ! Lots of good news in the House !

I had our first grandbaby on my 40th birthday !

Hi Sherri -- how's life treating you ?

Linda

Life is busy with packing these days. But I have my happy thought for the next month or so. I have tickets to Lord of the Dance. :D

Archived