Join the Crochet Olympics

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have completed my Shawl, Now I anxiously await the Judges verdict.

BnRshawl1.jpg

Perfect score in all areas! :clap:yay:clap:yay:clap

It makes my little afghan look almost sad.

I am finally working on the border and if all goes well should finish tonight.

Kathy it is gorgeous! That's an heirloom! I'd be afraid to wear it. :D

flying hooks, I love how your drops cardigan is working up. I wanted to do that one but wasn't sure about following the type of pattern without row by row instructions.

Jennifer, you're very welcome! I'm glad I could help a little. I wasn't too fond of this pattern either. Way off on the sizes. But I do like sc/dc alternating rows. They're easy & I can count rows easier.

My shrug is nearly done. I have been so slow finishing. I should have been done in a week. I only worked on it for about 30 min yesterday. Smack me with a skein of SS! :lol

But I have come to the conclusion that I am procrastinating because I will be sad to see this CAL end.

Well i cant belive it took so long to write here. On continuing were I left off, I contacted the designer for another doily I was working on from the AA Heart Doily Delight book I was using for the crochet olympics. The designer was not able to help me and i just could not figure out what and where it was wrong and on top of that my left arm was in pain so I did not crochet for a few days. That is when I realized I had finish the crochet olympics, I usually just done one doily from a book and i wanted to do more than that and I did. I hope in the future I would be able to learn and figure out how to make that flower heart motif doily. As of right now am working on two doilies for an exchange and helping a friend do squares for her moms afghans.

pictures of the two crochet olympic doilies

http://public.fotki.com/thread-zealot/crochet_2006/crochet_olympics/heart_shell...

http://public.fotki.com/thread-zealot/crochet_2006/crochet_olympics/pineapple_h...

I am super frustrated right now! I had a pattern from Sirdar that called for 8 50g balls of fine cotton. I bought 9 and did a few different gauge swatches and finally settled on the 3.25mm. I have finished the back and only part of one sleeve and I have only 2 balls left!!!! It's a discontinued yarn and I can't find it anywhere (eBay, in the forums, my local shop has called the distributor, etc.). I don't know what to do about the project in general, but I'm still not dropping out on the team.

I have decided to try to design and finish a crochet felted diaper bag before the 26th. It is challenging in that it is going to be difficult to finish in time AND in that it is for my husband's ex-wife (my kids biological mom). It is a bittersweet project, but if it turns out well, I will post the pattern here and maybe make another for myself (for in a couple of years!).

Anna - that lacy sweater looks terrific. I can't wait to see it with the motifs added.

Kathy - I am bowing at your feet. The shawl is truly amazing. I agree with kazily it is an heirloom - but do wear it proudly!!

Raquel - That doily is beautiful!

Shaylen - That long vest is stunning.

kazily - I know what you mean about the Drops Cardigan not having row by row instructions... that's what made it a challenge for me!!

Thread Zealot - The heart doilies are pretty! Threadies amaze me!

I must return to the housecleaning... grocery shopping... and preparation for my dh's birthday tomorrow (kids want to decorate!!)

Kathy - your shawl is beautiful... I'm just amazed at all the detail and short amount of time it took you to do it and come up with the design..:bow

Shaylen- your vest turned out great..

Raquel - your doily is very pretty..

Majoreen- I :manyheart the heart doilies. great job..

This was so much fun.. :yay

I'm finished! (Granted, I was mostly done for about a week before I decided to sew the stinkin' straps on already, but...) Now if I can just take some pictures... :P

Congrats to everybody who has finished, and keep on pluggin' to the ones who haven't. Go Team Everybody! :D

Wish I could see everybody's pictures. We've been having problems with our internet connection for a few days now, and we're averaging about 75% packet loss. Sigh. Hopefully I can have a consistent enough connection to tell everybody how beautiferous their stuff is in a day or two.

I had to take a couple of days off, but I finished my baby sacque, booties, and bonnet yesterday! My pictures didn't come out well (too much flash), so I'll have to take some in daylight after I get the camera from my husband. It'll probably be Saturday before I can post them.

Everyone's doing so great. I love looking at the pictures as people finish.

Ginny

Kathy - WOW!!!! Absolutely breath taking!! Congratualtions on finishing a gorgeous shawl!!!!

Raquel - Great job on the doily!! I love the looks of the beads!!

Shaylen - the vest turned out wonderfully!! You did excellent work!

Thread Zealot - great job on the heart doilies!!!

Leigh - congratulations on finishing your top!! Can not wait to see pictures!

Ginny - congratulations on finishing your Olympic projects!! Great job!!

On the home front! I had a smashing two days on my event trials. The knitted bag has grown to almost 8 inches in height on the side - I am hoping to knit a total of 10-12 inches!! The doily.....I have just started round 29!!! Thats right, I am on the second to last round! I am loving this pattern! It was well written with clear and concise directions....aka I am not frogging at all! A first for me! I hope to have the doily finished tomorrow!

Keep up the good work everyone!! Go Teams Go! :cheer !

It does feel wonderful to be all done. Now I can relax and enjoy watching everyone else finish up.

Raquel - Your doily is beautiful. Off course I love the beads.

Shaylen - Your Vest is awesome.

Thread Zealot - Lovely heart Doilies Majoreen

Leigh - Can not wait to see pictures of your completed top.!

Ginny - Great going, again can't wait to see pictures.

Barbara Jean - Your ponchos look great. Way to go

Kimberly - you should be proud. You have hung in there on your projects, Wonderful

Queen Mo - So sorry you ran out of thread. Espeically a discontinued one. Well I sure your other projects will be great.

Think I got everyone. Getting hard to keep track of everyone's projects. I love them all but they are coming in fast an furious about now. Kudos to all.........:yay

...I used 2,840 beads for the edging that are 14kt gold lined...

I wanted a shawl that was wider than the normal triangle. I think they stay on better. I used a size 5/1.9mm hook. I used Caron's Grandma's Best and a strand of gold thread. It does have shimmer in real life. It is my own original design...

BNRShawlbeadsdetail.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a219/Katchkan/BNRoverview.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a219/Katchkan/BNRbigview.jpg

It is magnificent, Kathy! You outdid yourself again, you always amaze us!:clap:cheer:yay

Well, I was hoping that I could post my picture but I have no idea how to do it. I thought I had it. Here's the link from my blog, you can probably see it there.

Yay!!! I love it!! Your shrug turned out wonderfully!! Great job on completing your Olympic challenge!

I'm done!!!! :yay:whew:yay

I've completed my Romantic Cardigan from Lion Brand's Vintage Styles for Today.

romanticcardi.jpg

romanticcardi1.jpg

I like how it turned out. It was fast and easy to crochet, but I frogged it several times, and had to make the foundation chain larger in order to match the size that was in the book.

Working the the LB Microspun was a pain at times. It's plied so loosely that it splits alot although the sheen, drape, and softness are it's good points.

Now that my Knitting and Crocheting Olympic events are complete, I can relax with some UFOs this weekend.

Vera, beautiful...good job...I am over half done with the 2nd Romantic cardigan...I'm using a German yarn that's like the LB Microspun, that's literally called, "Microsoft..." and the color is almost dead on with the yarn color of the picture on the book cover...and it splits like mad...

I think I'm dead tired from all the non stop activity...but this weekend, I'll go back to trying to catch up on a few more UFO's...

Again Vera, beautiful job.

Well I finnished my sweater!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer

But it is to long on me :cry:cry and I have no Idea how to fix that!! I can't believe I have but all this time and MONEY!! 12 skins!! into this and the pattern didn't work and now it is to long for me to wear!!!

I am so glad to see everyone else did such great jobs!! and that you all finnished too!!!

I'm using a German yarn that's like the LB Microspun, that's literally called, "Microsoft..."

Eurolyons - I've used that yarn! And do you know, I never noticed that it's name was the same as the Seattle company? I knew it was Microsoft, but the connection never clicked. Duh. :blush I loved using it because it just works up so beautifully...even with the tendency to split. It just looks lovely!

Hey Anna...you know I didn't catch the name until later on when I was back in the hotel room...I showed my husband and he laughed...it is beautiful and I got a decent price for it too...

One other thing...when I was in the yarn shop and this has happened more than once...I'll go in to get yarn and want like several skeins for whatever project and I'll clean out the rack...but when I go to the cashier, the lady will double check the dye lot numbers...and inevitably in spite of the yarn being the same color and coming from the same bin on the shelf, there will be three separate piles of yarn in three separate dye lots...and she will then go to the back room and pull out a bag with all the same dyelot for as many skeins as I need...wow...now I call that service...I've never seen that before in the states...but I'm sure the regular yarn shops probably do that...

Archived