Join the Crochet Olympics

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the black edging and detailing. It's fabulous!

Okay, I finally have the photos uploaded and here's the cutaway jacket (although through design changes, deliberate and not so deliberate, it's really a dropped waist jacket...)

47b6dc00b3127cce9700c88e598400000016108BZuHDlwyao

47b6dc00b3127cce9700c99a190800000025118BZuHDlwyao

47b6dc00b3127cce9700cf6719f600000025118BZuHDlwyao

I really like this jacket/sweater, but I will be making it again with adjustments...

LeAnna - I love the Cutaway!!! It turned out gorgeous!! Great job!!

Barbara Jean- I love them!! They are both adorable!!

Ginny - love the sweater - the buttons are great!

Kathy - it is gorgeous!!! Am waiting patiently (well, kinda) for the final with the fringe!!

Stacy - congratulations on finishing your shrug! Am waiting to see pictures!!

Anna - Great job on the button and wit hthe website!! You've done an excellent hosting job!!

Mimi - You can do it!! You are making excellent progress on your cardigan - you CAN finish it!!!!

Sue - sorry to hear about the handles!! Have you stopped into a local thrift store? You might be able to find handles on a bag there that you can recycle! I bought a bag a while back just for the handles! Good luck on your search!!

From my side, I am done with round 23 on the doily - it is coming along great and the last 3 rows went a lot quicker than I had been thinking they would! For the bag, I have added another inch on the sides. I am going to the gym tonight (need to make a slight effort to get in shape before hitting the beach in Florida) and I am going to try to bring along my knitting for the half hour on the bike.....not so sure it will work, but I am going to try!! :lol

I will try to get some pictures of the progress tonight or tomorrow morning!

:cheer :cheer :cheer Keep up the good work everyone!! :cheer :cheer :cheer

Anna - Great job on the button and wit hthe website!! You've done an excellent hosting job!!

Thanks Kimberly! :manyheart Although I can't take credit for the button - that's Cris's creation. (Didn't she do an awesome job?!)

Good luck on the gym bike knitting. Let us know how that works out, ok? ;) I hope you don't get any yarn tangled in the spokes! :eek

Thanks Kimberly! :manyheart Although I can't take credit for the button - that's Cris's creation. (Didn't she do an awesome job?!)

Good luck on the gym bike knitting. Let us know how that works out, ok? ;) I hope you don't get any yarn tangled in the spokes! :eek

Oops :blush - great job Cris!!

Will be sure to let y'all know how the work-out knitting goes! I am having funny thoughts in my mind of the yarn getting caught in the wheel now - thanks!! Although perhaps if a cute guy is there it might be a convenient conversation starter......."Hi! I'm Kimberly! Do you think that you could help me untangle my yarn?" :)

Thank you Diane and others who have complimented me on the cardigan and jacket...wearing the cardigan right now...comfy...the trim on the cutaway was Lion Brand Suede which is kind of a chenille or velour type yarn...wonderful to work with...however, I had to drop a few rows so I wouldn't run out...I ordered double of the suede than called for and really needed triple of what they called for...but now I know...

Barbara Jean...those ponchos are adorable...

Truly, everyone's work is simply amazing...

Thanks guys for all the terrific comments on my sweater & button choice. You guys are the best. My mailbox bulges with "Great job" e-mails every morning after I post progress. My dh calls you guys & my other forums & lists my own personal affirmation gang! You know what? He's right!!

I'm not allowed to assemble my sweater until the laundry's done & the house is clean.... it might take me until Friday!!:eek

I had best get started... NOW...no more computer....

Congratulations to everyone that have completed your projects! Those of you that are still working on them,

YOU CAN DO IT! :cheer:cheer There's still time left.

I did it. I got all my squares done for Heartmade Blessings and then some. I've got 24 to send this week. My goal was to make 20 of them and 10 cradle purses and backpacks for prizes during our next archery shoot next month. It's a good thing I got a lot of them done last week, before we brought the puppy home. Since Saturday I've had to keep a constant watch on what she keeps chewing on and the potty training.(Which by the way she is doing fabulous at!)

Finally, it's finished. I'll get my daughter's digital and see if I can take a picture of it tomorrow. I will not be doing this pattern ever again. LOL. Sewed one of the sleeves on upside down and when taking it back out took out some of the sweater too!! But it's done!! Complete , finito and in before the Olympics are over!!! Thank you so much for your help,Kazily(Michele)

:):cheer

I (nearly) completed the sweater back - just one row left. Plus, I did two of the seven motives for the crochet sweater neck on the front. Woo hoo! I'm actually getting a little more hopeful that I'll get very close to finishing by the closing ceremonies. :clap

Photo is posted here.

I have completed my Shawl, Now I anxiously await the Judges verdict. Was my techincal merit sufficient, How about the artistic impression. OH the stress.....:eek All right here are the stats. it measures 85 inches across. 30 & 1/2 inches long, I used 2,840 beads for the edging that are 14kt gold lined,

I wanted a shawl that was wider than the normal triangle. I think they stay on better. I used a size 5/1.9mm hook. I used Caron's Grandma's Best and a strand of gold thread. It does have shimmer in real life. It is my own original design. The last two pictures got funky any smaller so you have to klick on the link to see. Hope I earned my Gold :think

BnRshawl1.jpgBNRshawl2.jpg

BNRShawlbeadsdetail.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a219/Katchkan/BNRoverview.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a219/Katchkan/BNRbigview.jpg

I have completed my Shawl, Now I anxiously await the Judges verdict. Was my techincal merit sufficient, How about the artistic impression. OH the stress.....:eek All right here are the stats. it measures 85 inches across. 30 & 1/2 inches long, I used 2,840 beads for the edging that are 14kt gold lined,

I wanted a shawl that was wider than the normal triangle. I think they stay on better. I used a size 5/1.9mm hook. I used Caron's Grandma's Best and a strand of gold thread. It does have shimmer in real life. It is my own original design. The last two pictures got funky any smaller so you have to klick on the link to see. Hope I earned my Gold :think

BnRshawl1.jpgBNRshawl2.jpg

BNRShawlbeadsdetail.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a219/Katchkan/BNRoverview.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a219/Katchkan/BNRbigview.jpg

:nworthy that is AMAZING!!

Whew...i am done..I DID IT...cant believe its done...wheres my gold :lol .You can see the vest done on my blog,the photos are to big to put one here.

Everyone is doing so great and getting it done,you can do it :cheer:cheer

I think we should all be on that podeum(sp?)we should all get gold.

Thanks Anna for putting it all together,im going to miss this group :( its been so much fun for me.Hugs to all you great ladies :hug.

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE,YOU ALL DID GREAT JOBS :cheer:cheer

Archived