Join the Crochet Olympics

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is for the purpose of the prize raffle, and that as long as we posted on here or the Yahoo group that we finished that it's fine. IIRC, Anna said she was going through the posts on here, too. :)

:ty Anna!! You did such a great job pulling this off! :clap :clap :clap

Somehow I missed that we were supposed to send an email when we finished! :blush What do I have to send? :think

we were supposed to send an email?? :think

Hi Stacy and falfal - if you completed your "event" by the end of the closing ceremonies and want to be entered into a random drawing for a $20 gift certificate to KnitPicks and a $10 gift certificate to Adagio Teas, send me an email with a link or photo of your completed item. :hook

Hello All! I waded through all the emails and I made it to the other side! Woo hoo! :cheer

I have a total of 50 entries for the random drawing I'll do tomorrow evening. If there's anybody else out there who finished before the Closing Ceremonies and would like to be put in the random drawing, send me an email before tomorrow at 6pm CST.

And thank ya'll! You are all wonderful people and I feel honored to have competed with you in this event. The YahooGroup is switching to a monthly crochet challenge group and I'm thinking of using that as incentive to finish my crochet sweater within the month of March. I'll definitely post photos when it's done. :blush

And the winner is ...

Lisa (Elle Marz) of Cats For Brains is the random drawing winner!

Woo hoo! Everybody congratulate Lisa. And go to her blog entry for her winning doily and show her some love.

A big round of applause!

This Crochet-A-Long has been so much fun to host. You've all been true Yarn-letes and risen to the challenge. Congratulations to all of you!

Anna, your Olympic hostess ;-)

http://www.jinglelady.us/crochet/

http://www.jinglelady.us/crochet/olympics/

:cheer:applauseCongratulations:jumpyay Lisa, your doily is absolutely beautiful:drool and you truly deserve to win the drawing.:woo:yay

I wish I could make my doilies look as nice as yours.:)

MamaHooks

Congratulations, Lisa! :cheer Your doily is gorgeous. :yay

And thank you, Anna, for being a fantastic hostess. I don't know how you kept so many people organized. :clap

Enchanted Daffodils,

:yay Congratulations :yay for finishing your bag and finally getting your picture up to show us all how beautiful it is. I :bheart It! What nice colors. You are very talented.

MamaHooks

Enchanted Daffodils,

:yay Congratulations :yay for finishing your bag and finally getting your picture up to show us all how beautiful it is. I :bheart It! What nice colors. You are very talented.

MamaHooks

Thanks!!! I used Lion Brand Chenille Thick and Quick in Black and Fun Fur in Night Sky. Might make one for myself and this time put a piece of black plastic canvas between the layers so it won't be so floppy.

Angela :manyheart

Hello!

I found the Crochet Olympics idea from this forum, and told about it in our Estonian handcraft forum Isetegija. Lots of us were interested in it and we had our little olympics too.

It went really well and I`d like to show you our finished olympic projects gallery!

http://www.isetegija.net/index.php?ind=gallery&op=section_view&idev=23

Susa

You have some very talented people in your group. Everyone's projects looks great. I especially like the polar bears and the cow :wink. The clothes look very professional; I am not nearly that talented. Although I keep trying :hook:lol.

Send my :cheerCongratulations:cheer on on completing the Crochet Olympics. I hope they all had as much fun as we did.:yay

Archived