Join the Crochet Olympics

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dedicated today to finishing my doily, and I was successful!! Presenting my finished Butterfly-Pineapple Doily:

th_eb9f137f.jpg .......

Congratulations, Kimberly its a very pretty doily! :yay

My cardigan is finished also, but it turned out too big for me!

:(

I will post a pic later in my blog...

mimi- Can you shrink it? Sometimes washing in warm/hot water brings it down a size. Careful if its wool itll end up for a baby or doll. lol Maybe you can donate it to a nursing home or gift it to a loved one.

Thanks for the thought Jimmie Lu! And congratulations on the 250+ squares!:clap

Well, the good thing about our threads is that it doesnt shrink. As for this cardigan, I think I'll find someone to sell or give it to ;)

104406229_a5d9328084_m.jpg

More photos and details in my blog post here.

I dedicated today to finishing my doily, and I was successful!! Presenting my finished Butterfly-Pineapple Doily:

th_eb9f137f.jpg [Clickable]

The actual name of the pattern was Large Pineapple, but I decided that the design between the outer pineapples had a butterfly look to them! This was a really fun pattern to do - it went fairly quickly, the pattern was well written and easy to understand and follow!

Wow, fabulous!! Absoutely gorgeous!! :hug

:clap:yay I finished late last night. :yay:clap

The pictures made it to the blog today! Take a look & tell me what you think.

http://flyinghooks.blogspot.com/2006/02/olympic-progress-day-15.html

I might update photos when I can get an adult photographer... my dh is away on business so my 6yo ds took the photo!! I cropped it a bit because I figured no head was better than half a head!! "I got the whole sweater Mom!"

kazily - terrific bolero - love the color & the edging!!

Vera - romantic cardigan looks wonderful

Ginny (Pink & Grey) - That baby layette is adorable. I love the purple!!

Kimberly - The doily is gorgeous.

Mimicat - You did a beautiful job on the cardigan. It's amazing. I think Garnstudio/Drops Design patterns are a little large. I'm really tall with long arms and my olympic project (a different drops design cardigan) is the first time I haven't had to extend the arms on a garment. I also noticed that it hangs long in the model as well.

Good Luck to all still working hard! :cheer

Every one is doing so well. :yay

Kimberly- your doily is beautiful. Very nicely done.

Mimicat- I love your cardigan even if it is to large for you.

Artemis- looking forward to pictures of your baby afghan.

All of you still working. Good for you.:yay:cheer:yay

:clap:yay I finished late last night. :yay:clap

The pictures made it to the blog today! Take a look & tell me what you think.

http://flyinghooks.blogspot.com/2006/02/olympic-progress-day-15.html

Wow! It's beautiful. I sure don't see any lumpy sleeves!

It looks stellar on you!

When reading the comments on your blog, I liked Robert's sense of humor. He must be a fun guy to live with.

Wow! It's beautiful. I sure don't see any lumpy sleeves!

It looks stellar on you!

When reading the comments on your blog, I liked Robert's sense of humor. He must be a fun guy to live with.

Yeah, he's a sweetie! :hug He's traveling right now, and didn't see the sweater completely finished before he left. I foolishly sent him to my blog.... :lol

Thanks for the compliment... I think the lumpy sleeves were moslty in my head!

Oh flyinghooks, I forgot you and I am so sorry, ( knew I would do that sometime. ) Your sweater needs to come to my house. It turned out lovely. You can be so proud.

Jimmielu, Your ought to be very proud of yourself too. I salute you as I hate squares.......!

I have a confession to make - I actually finished last Sunday and posted to my blog - then updated on Tuesday but I didn't even think of posting here til tonight. (It couldn't be because I put in 600 miles of driving this week, having my eyes dilated and putting on a baby shower!?)

:juggle

Olympics lagniappes = 1 pair of adorable booties + 2 finished WIPS :woo

I've really enjoyed seeing everyone else's projects. What a talented group we have here!

I didn't think I would be able to finish this project in time since I couldn't find the right sized handles for the bag and had to buy some on eBay. But! The eBay seller came through and I got the handles yesterday so on they went! I'm very pleased with the way the bag came out. Thanks for a fun CAL everyone!

Lush Carpet Bag: http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/robertsmom/Finished%20Objects%202006/bag-img-0240.jpg

I didn't think I would be able to finish this project in time since I couldn't find the right sized handles for the bag and had to buy some on eBay. But! The eBay seller came through and I got the handles yesterday so on they went! I'm very pleased with the way the bag came out. Thanks for a fun CAL everyone!

Lush Carpet Bag: http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/robertsmom/Finished%20Objects%202006/bag-img-0240.jpg

:):cheer:yay

Nice work!

I have crocheted more in the last few weeks than I ever have. I finished my sweater and made a few handbags for a local shop. I also finished a few other projects and started a few more :lol. I just can't stop! Well I don't have a blog and the charger is missing for my camera anyway. I'll try to get some pix going. It was fun to be a part of the fun.

Thanks!

I have finished my angora socks a few days ago, but didn't post as I am so tired... I had been without a washing machine for 2 months and now that is fixed, I am washing and ironing and washing again. All the baby clothes are ready now, but i have still plenty of washing and ironing.

I will post a photo on my blog perhaps tomorrow as i am sooo tired today. Haven't stopped down for a minute...

Well done everyone, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Esther

No washing machine for 2 months! :eek Oh dear! Get some rest!

I look forward to seeing a pic of your angora socks. They sound super comfy! :)

:cheer :cheer Ive just finished, its been pressed, all the ends woven in and everything!! I'm so pleased - it'll make a great addition to my spring/summer wardrobe!

th_shrugf.jpg

th_shrugb.jpg

The main body is variegated fine hanspun yarn from a swap I did with a lovely Danish lady, Lydia.

It is 3/4 length sleeves and the ruffle is DK from my LYS whih I thought contrasted beautifully! I am so happy, particularly as a couple of days ago I didn't think I'd achieve it :manyheart

Alison :c9

I was watching the counter on the site count down to zero, and expected it to blow up or something, at least to just sit there at 0:0:00. But it reaches zero and then goes to -1 days, 24 hours. Is this a two day grace period or what? How odd! :)

Archived