Join the Crochet Olympics

this is the afghan that I finished today. Everybody in my house wants to use it tonight, and I say No I want it for me tonight:P . They can use it another night.

th_Picture041.jpg th_Picture040.jpg

Everybody did a wonderful job on there projects. It's so neet to see other peoples work:clap :clap:cheer:yay:hug

I've been wanting to do that pattern, it turned out gorgeous!:cheer

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:) This is the best part of the Olympics...seeing everyone's finished work! I feel quite inspired to try some new things. Perhaps I'll try to tackle a wearable like some of the spectacular jackets other Olympians made.

In the real Olympics there are many competitors and only three medal winners. Rather than feeling like "loosers", the non-medaling competitors feel a real sense of accomplishment for having just been picked for the team. We, too, should feel success for entering, starting, learning, being inspired by others, enjoying the spirit of the team and the event. If we also completed our project, then it's the icing on the cake...but not the cake itself.

I personally feel great that I learned how to post a photo. That was a bigger accomplishment for me than completing the afghan. The challenge of the Olympics made me set a deadline to learn that.

Thanks for everyone's support.:D

Hi All!

I hope everybody reached their goal of Olympic goal! I haven't read through the replies, we just go home around midnight last night and fell into bed. I also had NO time for checking mail or the board or Olympic crocheting over the weekend. On the other hand, it was a lovely visit with the parents and my brothers, plus we got a LOT of bridal planning done, and I had a quick dinner chat with one of my bridesmaids. So it was a great trip. :)

I'm going to need until this evening to look through all the board messages and the 290+ emails (mostly from the Olympic Yahoo Group, but still....). I'll post the Silver & Bronze medal buttons this evening. It's going to take me until probable tomorrow or Wed. to do the random drawing for all the Gold medal finalists.

Once again, congrats to EVERYBODY who participated in this mad goal :hook, and double congrats to everyone who FINISHED. :devil:cheer:clap:hug

:cheer :cheer Ive just finished, its been pressed, all the ends woven in and everything!! I'm so pleased - it'll make a great addition to my spring/summer wardrobe!

th_shrugf.jpg

th_shrugb.jpg

The main body is variegated fine hanspun yarn from a swap I did with a lovely Danish lady, Lydia.

It is 3/4 length sleeves and the ruffle is DK from my LYS whih I thought contrasted beautifully! I am so happy, particularly as a couple of days ago I didn't think I'd achieve it :manyheart

Alison :c9

oh! this is lovely, I love the colours!

104406229_a5d9328084_m.jpg

More photos and details in my blog post here.

This is stunning! Bravo!

Katchan, your shawl is so delicate, lovely!

th_CopyofIM002006.jpg

The yarns were Turquoise and Ginger in Berroco Softwist, an off-white Microspun, and a Dune Trendsetter 'Copper Patina', the last of which is a mohair, acrylic, viscose, nylon, and metallic mix. These yarns were kinda pricey so I was determined to use every little bit and I did (2 hanks of Softwist for each color, 1 of Microspun, and 1 of Dune), using the last bits on a tie. Do you like it with or without the tie?:

With tie:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/mwedzi/Crochet/CopyofIM002012.jpg

Side View:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/mwedzi/Crochet/CopyofIM002007.jpg

Back View:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/mwedzi/Crochet/CopyofIM002008.jpg

I like it better without the tie. Wow, it's amazing. I really like it.:hookThi sis so hot! I need to do that one! I like it better without the tie though :)

I finished my sweater very early, but it's pretty, and I made a matching hat. Here's what I did:

mysweater.jpghat.jpgThe color is like the first one, not the bottom one. This sweater came from Vannas Favorite Crochet Gifts - it's the Duo Tunic. The hat is from a LA book something like Quick Caps.

Looks great! I recognize that pattern - Diamond Trellis, right? from a Mainstay wrapper I believe? I made it last year...same color too!!

Yes that is the pattern and I used Soft Sage by Caron it took two 1 pound things of yarn. That is a lot of yarn to work with all a once:sweat . My girls want me to make another one for them in all different colors. That will be done maybe for them at Christmas:think

Hello All!

I'm still wading through the emails, but I've gotten through about half of them. I updated the Crochet Olympics site with the Silver (90-99% complete) and Bronze (80-89% complete) medals - go snag one if you earned it. It's all self-reporting, so be honest! :P

I'll be doing the random drawing Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on when I finish going through the emails and getting the list all compiled. When I do the drawing, I'll email the winner and post the results on the site, here and on the Yahoo Group. :hook:manyheart

This has been a LOT of fun hosting this CAL. The most fun has been seeing everybody challenge themselves and seeing all the lovely projects that came out as a result. You are all Olympic champions! :manyheart:hug

This has been a LOT of fun hosting this CAL. The most fun has been seeing everybody challenge themselves and seeing all the lovely projects that came out as a result. You are all Olympic champions! :manyheart:hug

Anna, Thanks so much for hosting our Olympics CAL. I know it took a lot of work setting up the website - not to mention your graciousness in providing web space - you deserve a Special Award for Olympic Overseer :nworthy

C'mon everyone :ghug and :clap :clap :clap !

Thanks again!

Anna, Thanks so much for hosting our Olympics CAL. I know it took a lot of work setting up the website - not to mention your graciousness in providing web space - you deserve a Special Award for Olympic Overseer :nworthy

Thanks again!

Hear hear! :cheer:cheer:cheer:yay You were a FABULOUS hostess, Anna, especially considering the busyness of your schedule! :manyheart:ty Take a :bow

Thanks again!

Bravo Anna ! :cheer

Thanks again!

We could not of done it without you. Thank you, :hug Thank you, :hug Thank you, :hug

I finished my sweater very early, but it's pretty, and I made a matching hat. Here's what I did:

mysweater.jpghat.jpgThe color is like the first one, not the bottom one. This sweater came from Vannas Favorite Crochet Gifts - it's the Duo Tunic. The hat is from a LA book something like Quick Caps.

Beautiful!!!

Anna, you did a fantastic job as Olympic Leader & organizer! Thank you!

I just emailed you with my blog link & FO info. Sorry I missed that we needed to email you.

Everyone did a great job on their projects! And Anna--your sweater is so gorgeous, it'll be worth the wait!

Archived