Join the Crochet Olympics

Oh Sissie, so sorry your sweater is too long. :( I'm not totally sure how to fix it, but you could maybe remove the sleeves and unwind the top (assuming you worked from the bottom of the sweater to the top) to a point however much below the neckline that it is too long (i mean, if it's 4" too long then 4" below your current neckline) and do that part again? Or just wear it extra long?

But congrats anyway on finishing. :hug

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All!

Please keep emailing me when you complete your "events". I'm leaving in a few to fly to Florida for the weekend, but I'll check email and the board once a day. Maybe more, but that's iffy - our time is planned down to almost the minute! Wedding plans! :eek

I didn't get a chance to crochet at ALL yesterday - work was non-stop and then the homework with the stepson-to-be was non-stop and this morning was watching the tape of the skating last night while packing. Ack!

Good luck to all who have yet to finish their events - I hope you all acheive gold medal status! I have buttons for silver and bronze, but I'll put them up Sunday night (LATE) along with their definitions. :manyheart Remember, you can pick your gold medal up at the Crochet Olympic site (http://www.jinglelady.us/crochet/olympics/).

Keep on Hookin'!

queenmo, I'm so sorry you are having problems finding more thread to finish your project. Good luck on the bag ok?

sissie, I'm sorry your pattern is too long. Mine was too short. I had to add to it. Sometimes patterns are really off aren't they?

Jennifer--I love your shrug! So cute! It was fun knowing we were working the same pattern!

I've finished weaving in my ends finally & got a pic.

Here is my shrug/bolero...I changed the edging for a twist, so I am calling it the tangerine twist lol

pic is clickable

th_bolero.jpg

BarbaraJean... Your baby ponchos are so cute! :manyheart

Kathy... WOW!!! Your shawl is amazing! :clap

Kazily... I love your bolero! I love the colour your chose! :cheer

Jcrupps... Your romantic cardigan is very pretty! :manyheart

Congratulations to all of you! (I`m so sorry I couldn`t participate...)

Oh it's so nice to sit back and just watch everyone else as they finish up their goals. I may be done but I still here cheering you all on. :yay Go Teams Go :yay

Kazily - Your bolero is so Dramatic. I love your twisted edging,

Vhanna26 - I am not a yarn person but I am very tempted to make that one after seeing yours. Lovely

Sissie44 - So sorry your sweater turned out too long.

jcrupps - Your shrug is wonderful.

motherofallneedles It's a real shame you don't think you are going to make it.

jimmie lu- I can't believe the number of squares you have done. I would have gone bonkers. I have a hard time with that type of repetitous work.

I applaud each and everyone who has worked so hard to achieve their goals. :applause

I'm not going to finish on time!:sigh I'm really grumpy about it as I was going great with it at first! :grumpy Then family committments and my trip to Venice put a halt on it! I'm keeping going, I might just make it for a Bronze if I get the basic shrug finished and wearable!:knit

Alison :hook

Well I'm back up and running!:yay :yay

I made great progress yesterday evening, and the shrug looks like it can be completed! I'm really pleased with myself:blush

Alison:hook Crocheting like a madwoman!!

Yahoo! I arrived at the finish line! I completed the little afghan on Thursday night. :yay

In the end, I decided it looked more like a baby afghan than the small adult afghan I had hoped to give my niece. So, Friday I gave it to the kindergarten teacher at my school who is expecting her first baby today! It seemed right for her and the timing was perfect, too.

Before I gave it away I showed it to several staff members who also crochet or knit. It is rewarding to show ones work to others who appreciates the effort, rather than just to my husband...who understands the time, but not the technique! That's what's fun about Crochetville...sharing with those who appreciate and value our work.:)

Today my DH :hugpromises to help me learn how to post pictures on the internet, so I hope to show you the little afghan soon.

To all athelets...finishers and continuers...it's been fun! I'm glad I joined the Crochet-Along...my first! Thanks for being there for me.:cheer

Here's my finished project! I decided to eliminate the pom poms called for in the pattern and go with just the ties. For the ties I did chain plus slip stitch all the way down the chain, instead of the plain chain, so I went down two hook sizes so I could still weave the ties in. If the mom I give this to prefers something other than ties these will be easy to remove!

The pattern is "Blocks" from Leisure Arts #2614 Lullaby Layettes.

Kazily: Love the color. May I take that home with me?

vhanna26: Gorgeous cardigan! It looks so soft and warm.

Ginny

As a fairly early finisher, this was fun. I hope we don't have to wait until summer 2008 to do another something like this. :)

I already have a couple of projects I want to complete...projects that usually take a month each that I'd like to finish in two or three weeks.

To those who have finished...congratulations...:clap To those who's yet to finish...keep it up. You'll finish on time. :cheer

Allison-- Go girl go! You can do it!

Ginny, your Baby sweater set is precious! I love it! I'm sure it will be so special to the mom that receives it.

Thank you to everyone who complimented my bolero. I don't want to miss anyone.

JimmyLu, WTG on the squares! That many squares would make my eyes cross and my finger start growing into the shape of a hook from crocheting so long :P ! Hey...that might be cool! Always have a hook " handy"! :lol

All of your projects are amazing! I love seeing your finished things. To those still crocheting their Olympic item..keep crocheting ladies...you can finish! Don't stop at closing ceremonies...go for the silver & bronze!

Oh, my, the finished projects are gorgeous! Congratulations! :yay

Well, after frogging and changing yarns, I finally got going with my white sweater. I am now working on the sleeves. I believe I will get it done just in time for the closing ceremonies! :D

I dedicated today to finishing my doily, and I was successful!! Presenting my finished Butterfly-Pineapple Doily:

th_eb9f137f.jpg [Clickable]

The actual name of the pattern was Large Pineapple, but I decided that the design between the outer pineapples had a butterfly look to them! This was a really fun pattern to do - it went fairly quickly, the pattern was well written and easy to understand and follow!

Now to finish my bag for the knitting Olympics! I have the body done and the first strap section. I need to finish up the other three sections, graft them together and throw it in the washer!

Congratulations to everyone who has been finishing! Way to go!! :clap

Oh Kimberly, just gorgegous...

Congrats to everyone who has finished thus far and Go to everyone else still working towards their own finish lines! You're all wonderful.

I am getting very close I have 236 done and the remainder to 250 just need boarders. So yahoo I may be at 250 tonight. I am not planning to quit until closing seremonies are over due to the fact any over 200 go to Karin4christ for her project!! Humm I wonder what she is at????

Everyone is doing such amazing work!

Kimberly~ I love your doily. It's so pretty. I think I'm going to have to add that to my project list. :hook

Vera~ Your cardigan is beautiful. You did a great job on both of your Olympic events!

kazily~ I love the color you chose for your cardigan. Your did a lovely job on it.

I am working on my final scarf. I should (fingers crossed) finish it up tonight. Toiday was my son's birthday party, so I haven't done any crocheting for the past few days. That's okay though... he's worth it ;)

I dedicated today to finishing my doily, and I was successful!! Presenting my finished Butterfly-Pineapple Doily:

th_eb9f137f.jpg [Clickable]

Congratulations to everyone who has been finishing! Way to go!! :clap

Great job Kimberly! Your are destined to win double gold.:yay

Archived