Join the Crochet Olympics

ultrabeauty1-thumb.jpgultrabeautydetail2-thumb.jpg

:yayPresenting Ultra Beauty! :yay

Made using DMC Baroque thread in ecru, size 0 (1.75 mm) Clover Soft Touch steel hook. Number of times I frogged: 4. Number of times I wondered why I was making this doily: infinity. ;)

Bragging rights: I shouldn't win the gold, I should get the platinum! :lol

Lori,

I think you should receive the gold, it is wonderful!!!!:c9:lol:)

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa! Been so long since I've been able to get on, it's going to take me AWHILE to read through all these. I'm still sending mental hugs and encouragement to everyone! Go, yarn-letes, go!

The blanket is doing well, although I lost two days due to visiting with some out-of-town friends. Also, thanks to my Grandma's generosity, I was able to get some yarn for a knitting olympics project. There's only one problem--there's no WAY I could finish a first sweater now. So I made a last-minute change of project: I'm making knit 12' squares for CrochetDude's charity project. I will make a test square and then determine exactly how many I'm shooting for, since I'm not sure how fast I'd normally make them.

Now I'm *really* starting to see the craziness in this....

What impressive projects! Thay are all beautiful. I hope I don't leave anyone out...

Lori ~ All I can say is... Wow! You do deserve platinum.

Terrybb ~ Your shawl is so pretty! I love the design.

Kimberly ~ I'm in love with that yarn! It's beautiful. I can't wait to see it felted.

Cris ~ What an adorable blanket! I love the teddy bears.

Keep going everyone... Go team Go!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

I finally finished the first sleeve of my olympic sweater tonight. Progress update along with my olympic fears & ponderings on my blog.http://flyinghooks.blogspot.com/2006/02/olympic-progress-day-10.html

I'm getting worried about assembly. :eek I envy all whose olympic wearable is in one piece!!

:cheer Go Team Wearables!!:cheer

:clap Congrats to members of ALL teams who have finished... I am in awe!!

Arghhhh.. i ran out of yarn. If it wasn't so darn cold I'd run to Wallies for a refill.

Sigh.. and I even bought more than the pattern called for and I'm way way short (and my gauge is spot-on). Oh well.. such is the way of competition. :)

Congratulations to all those who have finished!!

ultrabeauty1-thumb.jpgultrabeautydetail2-thumb.jpg

:yayPresenting Ultra Beauty! :yay

Made using DMC Baroque thread in ecru, size 0 (1.75 mm) Clover Soft Touch steel hook. Number of times I frogged: 4. Number of times I wondered why I was making this doily: infinity. ;)

Bragging rights: I shouldn't win the gold, I should get the platinum! :lol

~ Lori

Absolutely stunning!!!!!Congrats :cheer

Progress report. Coming down into the homestretch. 7 and 1/2 rows to go. That means I have 97 and 1/2 done. Then the edging. Goal is to be done by Wednesday. Think I will do it. Sorry No picture tonight.

Congratulations to all who have finished. Bet it feels Wonderful.

Those That are still working on their projects. Go for it. You can do it.

Go Teams Go. :yay:cheer:yay

How in the world are the sleeves supposed to be sewn on???

Same here, much too short for me as well.

:blush

Line up the middle of the shoulder with the middle of the top of the sleeve. Use some yarn & a yarn needle to lace up sc stitches to sc stitches. Sew down both side of the sleeve. You will have something like a triangle shaped hole at the underarm...this is where it got a little tricky lol but with the shrug inside out, laying flat the opening looks like an "L" then you can sew the opening closed.

The sleeves turned out nice to my surprise. I did make a big mistake when I pulled the yarn out to do the underside again--I accidently took out over an inch of double crochet! :eek THAT took a while to fix lol! Thankfully it doesn't look too noticable.

I had to do some modifications to the whole thing because the top opening was too wide & set around the mid shoulder area...& the the bottom was far too short...setting just under bra line. I added a bit more sc around the neckline too. This medium must be for a Jr size. :lol

I am planning to change the edging a little as well. Instead of just a ch edging (which is nice with chenille but not ruffled enough for SS) I am going to do double chains crossed. One ch with MC & the other with an alternate color.

I finished my Knitting Olympics project, took a break, and I've picked up my hook for my next Olympic event.

I'm working on the Romantic Cardigan the Lion Brand Vintage Styles book.

So far, so good. It's a nice pattern to crochet, but the Lion Brand Microspun is splitsville:eek!

I love all of the progress you are making. This is so much fun:yay .

Wow! I love the colors in that yarn!! What yarn is it? I can't wait to see it felted!!
Thanks!! I love the yarn colors the more I work with them! The yarn is Noro Kureyon #153 Its not exactly the cheapest wool out there on the market, but it does have some awesome colorways! It is the only wool that I could buy here that would felt...or at least the only wool that I could identify as being feltable! Darn language barrier! :blush

Vera - Yay for finishing Dibs!! :clap

Jimmie Lu - Keep on making those squares!! You can do it!:cheer

Cris - Great job on the 'ghan! :clap

Everyone - You can do it!!! Go teams go!! :cheer

Congratulations again to all you finishers! You are amazing! :2rock:applause:clap

To the most recent posters:

Esther - Welcome to the Olympics and good luck!

Madelyn - I love your cardigan. The colors are beautiful and I love the button.

Kimberly - I love the Noro too, and your doily is gorgeous. My thread project looks like a tangled lump - it seriously needs blocking.

Vera - Your sweater is incredible. I would have never finished such an intricate project. Wow.

Kathy (katchkan) Words fail me. Your work is so beautiful. I will be looking forward to seeing the finished product.

After many setbacks, including red homespun mixing in with my white thread (I've decided a mottled pink look on my table runner is really vogue), and about 50 rows of frogging and re-frogging on my lace scarf - I still have Olympic hopes.

:snail:turtle (Slow and steady - well - slow anyway -I hope will finish the race.)

Ginny, Lisa, Kimberly, kazily and whoever else is out there still striving - (including me) LET's DO IT! Good luck to all.

I completed my project - The Jazzy Boucle Cardigan from Simply Creative Crochet. After the first two rows (difficult because of the boucle yarn), it was really easy to do. Image is clickable.

th_DSCF02413.jpg

Madelyn

I love it!! I think I may have another WIM!

I completed my project - The Jazzy Boucle Cardigan from Simply Creative Crochet. After the first two rows (difficult because of the boucle yarn), it was really easy to do. Image is clickable.

th_DSCF02413.jpg

Madelyn

:yay That is so beautiful! Fantastic! :yay

(I'll share my self-appointed platinum medal with you :lol;):D!)

~ Lori

Way to go Madelyn on finishing your quest for Olympic gold!! I am hoping that I will be joining you (and everyone else) up on the winners platform! It looks beautiful!! :clap

Kimberly - I love the Noro too, and your doily is gorgeous. My thread project looks like a tangled lump - it seriously needs blocking.
Thanks Diane!! You should have seen me trying to take that picture! I was stretching my doily and trying to force it to lay flat - my doilies always curl and wave when I make them, and this one was no exception! I am sure that a few choice words that should not be spoken around children came out of my mouth! :lol I am in awe of those who never seem to need to block - a little spritz of H²O and away some folks go.....for me its a blocking board, pins and lots of starch! :)

Finished my sweater!!!!!!

sweater.jpg

Lori- Your Doily is beautiful..

Terrybb- Love your shawl, great job.

Kimberly- rowofhearts.gif the colors of your yarn...

Creations of Cris- Baby afghan is beautiful...

Madelyn- Your cardigan turned out great..

Great job everybody!!!!!yay_confetti.gifyay_confetti.gifcheer.gifcheer.gif

Going to knit socks, now.. (going to try to knit socks)

th_DSCF02413.jpg

Madelyn, It's gorgeous!!! What issue of SCC?

:clap

WOW! I've been gone for a few days. I've been able to have someone check in now and then and read off some of the messages,but WOW! Now that I can see them I am so impressed by everyones abilities that I am almost wordless. The shawls, sweaters, bolero jackets, shrugs, doilies and afghans are amazing.:applause:drool I just don't have the words to discribe how amazing it all looks.

I feel you all deserve a Platinum Award. Congratulations to all of you for finishing already.:clap

:cheer GO CROCHET OLYMPICS GO :cheer

MamaHooks

:cheer

Some much has been going on that I haven't been able to check in on everyone's progress. I feel completely out of the loop. My crochet olympic goal was to crochet 100 granny squares. I reached that goal yesterday!! :cheer :cheer I must honestly say that I AM SICK of granny squares. Oh well, it is for a good cause. My squares I'll use for Project Linus blankets and anything over 100 will go to Jimmie Lu for Afghans for Amigeos.

Archived