Join the Crochet Olympics

Jennifer, you won't skip any stitches. But the dc rows will not be increased. For example at the beginning... chain, 30dc, then next row increase one sc on each end of the row (sc increases made) & you have 32 sc on that row. The next row will be 32 dc. Next row inc sc again & you have 34 sc. Next row will be 34 dc. That pattern continues until you reach row 28.

That did it, you are wonderful. I was able to get right on the sleeve and had no problem. Thank you so much for your help. I'm on row 20 on the second sleeve. I have a problem with joining things. Wishing good luck to both of us on it. Hope you are feeling better!!!

:clap:cheer:yay

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One more member of Team Wearables is across the finish line!! :clap :clap

My sweater was complete as of about 2:30pm...you can see a terrible picture of it on my blog. Like its maker, it's more attractive in person than in pictures. :lol

Fran, great work on the sweater it is gorgeous!! Where did you find that pattern? Love the choice of colors as well.:yay

LeAnna you must be a fast crocheter! Wow, I can't wait to see a pic of your second Olympic project! I'll bet it looks terrific!

Sissie44... good luck with it, I hope you can get an answer to the problem from the company. How frustrating!

Frann, that sweater looks great! Beautiful colors.

Jennifer, I'm glad that my input helped you figure out the pattern for the shrug. Thanks I am feeling better. I finished my 2nd sleeve & sewed the shoulder seams tonight. I attached one sleeve & am in the process of sewing up the opening in that sleeve. I do not sew very well lol...I already took the yarn out one time & started over because it looked crappy on the right side lol! Thank goodness the sewing is on the underside of the sleeves--- :lol Maybe they won't show much. But I want it to look as good as possible so I started over with sewing the underside seam.

After I finish joining, I still have to add some rows at the bottom because it is too short for me. Then I can edge it & I'm done. Hopefully I can show a finished project in a few days.

Well here's my progress report. I have got 89 row done. 16 more to go. Then will have to figure out my edging. Thinking hard about that. Got a couple days though to decide. The rows are really long now. Takes just under an hour to do a row.

Here's my progress picture

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a219/Katchkan/Day9ButterflyandRoses.jpg

I have enjoyed watching everyone's progress. :D You are all doing so well. I am thrilled for those of you who have already achieved goal.:yay Must feel really good. :cheer:clap:cheer

Those that have been attacked by the frog monster I feel for you,:hug I had to frog 2 rows again today. Just stupid mistakes that I paid dearly for.

Oooh...everybody's projects look so good. :)

Progress report from Team Afghan Squares. I could have finished yesterday. But I didn't.

I crocheted nearly ten rows around the afghan with the multi-colored purple (Plum Pudding) before running out of yarn. I said nearly....I was about 30 stitches from the beginning (now the afghan is about 300-350 stitches around) when I ran out. Afghan looks long enough....but I still wanted it a little longer.

I found the Plum Pudding yarn at Wal-Mart...started back on it this morning. I'll probably use up at least 3/4 of the skein before calling it quits. I'll definately finish this by tomorrow.

Kathy, you obviously have the patience of a saint. That's beautiful!! :clap

Fran, great work on the sweater it is gorgeous!! Where did you find that pattern? Love the choice of colors as well.:yay

The pattern is from Candy Tots...I think it's called "Preppy Preschooler". It was *really, really* easy--it's all hdc and sc--and minimal shaping. The original pattern called for this wacky bright blue/lavender with stripes of bright lime green...fine on their own, I guess, but for this, my little nephew and I just weren't having that. :P Thanks for the compliments!! :manyheart

CityGirlKathy, you obviously have the patience of a saint. That's beautiful!! :clap

I don't think its so much the patience of a saint, But the more the stubborness of a bull dog. Once I latch on, I don't let go. :heehee

I am very pleased so far with how my design is shaping up. One never knows if it is going to translate well from idea to finished piece.

Well, despite still feeling under the weather, I completed another 8 rows of my tote last night. I'm on Row 27; 13 more to go! But I need to dye more yarn, which will slow me down because I just don't have the energy to get up and do that. Dang being sick! Congrats on everyone's finished projects! Patty

:hookDidn't quite finish the first sleeve last night... but made pretty good progress. Heading to the couch now to finish it and start the next one before dinner I hope. the update is on my blog... with photo...

http://flyinghooks.blogspot.com/2006/02/olympic-progress-day-9.html

I can't believe how many of you have finished!!!:clap Congrats!!!

ultrabeauty1-thumb.jpgultrabeautydetail2-thumb.jpg

:yayPresenting Ultra Beauty! :yay

Made using DMC Baroque thread in ecru, size 0 (1.75 mm) Clover Soft Touch steel hook. Number of times I frogged: 4. Number of times I wondered why I was making this doily: infinity. ;)

Bragging rights: I shouldn't win the gold, I should get the platinum! :lol

~ Lori

I made my shawl with white Peaches n Cream cotton which is a ww because it's perfect for our Texas heat. Elena's must be a much finer yarn because she made 35 motifs and mine is less than half that. It's nice and big and I love it. The schematic was easy to follow. I'm working on a second one in sport fine yarn that will be more the size of Elena's.

th_RussianShawl4back.jpg th_RussianShawlfront.jpg

That's very stylish and pretty! Great job! :clap ~ Lori

I made my shawl with white Peaches n Cream cotton which is a ww because it's perfect for our Texas heat. Elena's must be a much finer yarn because she made 35 motifs and mine is less than half that. It's nice and big and I love it. The schematic was easy to follow. I'm working on a second one in sport fine yarn that will be more the size of Elena's.

th_RussianShawl4back.jpg th_RussianShawlfront.jpg

That turned out just lovely, Very Dramatic, Well done.:yay

Lori, Your Doily is AWESOME..................:manyheart

Lori - your finished doily is stunning! Great job!

Kathy - The shawl is turning out wonderfully! Can not wait to see the finished Olympic Medal winning Shawl!

Terrybb - Congratulations on finishing your shawl!! I love the motif designs!

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Well it is just after midnight on Sunday....perfect time to re-cap the weekends Crocheting and Knitting events!

First up, here is a picture of where I have been doing the majority of my work......not sure why I am sitting on the floor lately, but I've found myself on several occasion ignoring the couch, chairs and bed in favor of plopping down on the floor!

th_f9ec7fd2.jpg

My doily is coming along nicely. I am done with round 16, which is not where I had planned to be at this stage of the game, but I am positive that 2 nights of dedicated crocheting should see me almost finished with it! I know what I am doing Monday and Tuesday night!

th_a9a61038.jpg

Onto the knitting - I did manage to make this goal and finished the first skein and the second skein of yarn. I finished the base of the bag and picked up stitches around the perimeter of the base and started knitting around the circulars. I am loving the colors, and I think once it is done and felted the colors will be even better! Here is the base and what I have accomplished on the side:

th_6753a9b8.jpg th_7b91c30a.jpg

Best of luck to everyone in making progress towards completion of your projects!! Go teams Go!! :cheer

{snip}

I am loving the colors, and I think once it is done and felted the colors will be even better! Here is the base and what I have accomplished on the side:

th_6753a9b8.jpgth_7b91c30a.jpg

Best of luck to everyone in making progress towards completion of your projects!! Go teams Go!! :cheer

Wow! I love the colors in that yarn!! What yarn is it? I can't wait to see it felted!!

I have read posts and admired everyone's work daily so I'm happy to join the ranks of those who have completed their project! For me, the real challenge was to finish ANYTHING. I have more pigs than should be allowed, and I add to that PIG collection almost daily.:think

Anyhoo... see what I did HERE.

:cheer Congrats to those who have finished, and keep going keep going you can do it- I did! :cheer LOL

Cris~

I have read posts and admired everyone's work daily so I'm happy to join the ranks of those who have completed their project! For me, the real challenge was to finish ANYTHING. I have more pigs than should be allowed, and I add to that PIG collection almost daily.:think

:cheer Congrats to those who have finished, and keep going keep going you can do it- I did! :cheer LOL

Cris~

Congratulations :yay This is what this is all about. Challenging ourselves to be the best we can be.

Your Babyghan is STUPENDOUS. :yay :yay :yay Be Very Proud.........:D

I finished my 2nd sleeve & sewed the shoulder seams tonight. I attached one sleeve & am in the process of sewing up the opening in that sleeve. I do not sew very well lol...I already took the yarn out one time & started over because it looked crappy on the right side lol! Thank goodness the sewing is on the underside of the sleeves--- :lol Maybe they won't show much. But I want it to look as good as possible so I started over with sewing the underside seam.

Ok, finally finished second sleeve. Sewed the shoulder seams as well. How in the world are the sleeves supposed to be sewn on???

After I finish joining, I still have to add some rows at the bottom because it is too short for me. Then I can edge it & I'm done. Hopefully I can show a finished project in a few days.

Same here, much too short for me as well.

:blush

Congrats to those who have finished, and keep going keep going you can do it- I did!

Cris,

Wonderful work on the baby ghan. It is truly beautiful!!!:cheer

Archived