Join the Crochet Olympics

Wow! That is drop dead gorgeous. Wow, wow, wow!:clap

I made my shawl with white Peaches n Cream cotton which is a ww because it's perfect for our Texas heat. Elena's must be a much finer yarn because she made 35 motifs and mine is less than half that. It's nice and big and I love it. The schematic was easy to follow. I'm working on a second one in sport fine yarn that will be more the size of Elena's.

th_RussianShawl4back.jpg th_RussianShawlfront.jpg

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the compliments on my shawl.

Everyone's work is so awesome ! I can't get over the skill, talent, and creativity of this group. Those of you who haven't yet finished - stick with it. It's worth the effort.

Yeah!!! I'm done. :clap

Or actually, I decided this was big enough. I could have ended this as early as Tuesday, but I just kept on adding rows until I decided that Kayla (my new great niece) could have hidden herself in the afghan.

Can't wait to give it to her.

Oh yeah, the finished project.

100_08491.jpg

Everybody who finished before me...your projects are so beautiful. And for those who haven't finished...keep at it. You'll finish by Sunday afternoon. :cheer

We're back from Munich...will post pics of the cutaway jacket (which is more of a dropped waist jacket, which is fine...) tomorrow...I wore it from the time I finished it on Saturday night until I walked in the door here 3 hours ago...nice and warm...

Everyone's doing just great...I'm so proud of all of you...and we still have until this Sunday I think for those of you who are still working on your projects...there's no losers in this crowd...Go Everyone, Go Teamwearables.

Wow - I don't check the board for a day and a half, and ya'll go crazy! Everybody's projects are going great! I'm still catching up on all the messages.

Personally - my project isn't even halfway done. :eek I've started on the sleeves on the back yesterday. It's looking like I didn't go long enough before adding the sleeves though - it's looking a bit crop toppy. Well, I can always add on to the bottom once the front is done. :blush I must be such a slow crocheter! Plus all the other things to do. I'll do my best to cross the finish line, but I'm not so sure if I will. But I'll make a big push today - maybe I'll cross the halfway point today. I think the front will go faster bc there won't be so much stopping and measuring and guessing and second guessing myself. I hope. :blush

I'm off to take advantage of my 40% Presidents Day's coupons, but I'll be back later and I'll post a photo or two. :)

Happy Crocheting! And congrats to all who've already finished! Woo hoo!

Yeah!!! I'm done. :clap

Or actually, I decided this was big enough. I could have ended this as early as Tuesday, but I just kept on adding rows until I decided that Kayla (my new great niece) could have hidden herself in the afghan.

Can't wait to give it to her.

Oh yeah, the finished project.

100_08491.jpg

Everybody who finished before me...your projects are so beautiful. And for those who haven't finished...keep at it. You'll finish by Sunday afternoon. :cheer

OMG!!! That is totally outstanding! What a lucky niece! :yay

~ Lori

Before I post mine, can I just say that that Snow White graphghan is fantastic! Okay, I'm done and I'm so proud, especially since I'm new at sweaters and designed this one myself. Here it is (clickable picture):

th_CopyofIM002006.jpg

The yarns were Turquoise and Ginger in Berroco Softwist, an off-white Microspun, and a Dune Trendsetter 'Copper Patina', the last of which is a mohair, acrylic, viscose, nylon, and metallic mix. These yarns were kinda pricey so I was determined to use every little bit and I did (2 hanks of Softwist for each color, 1 of Microspun, and 1 of Dune), using the last bits on a tie. Do you like it with or without the tie?:

With tie:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/mwedzi/Crochet/CopyofIM002012.jpg

Side View:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/mwedzi/Crochet/CopyofIM002007.jpg

Back View:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/mwedzi/Crochet/CopyofIM002008.jpg

I left out part of my post... :blush

Lady Bebop ~ WOW! That is a great graphghan. Your niece is a lucky little girl!

mwedzi ~ I would never be able to tell that was your first sweater. It is so pretty! I like it without the tie, but I've never been a tie kind of girl so...

Great job! :clap:cheer:clap:cheer

Before I post mine, can I just say that that Snow White graphghan is fantastic! Okay, I'm done and I'm so proud, especially since I'm new at sweaters and designed this one myself. Here it is (clickable picture):

th_CopyofIM002006.jpg

The yarns were Turquoise and Ginger in Berroco Softwist, an off-white Microspun, and a Dune Trendsetter 'Copper Patina', the last of which is a mohair, acrylic, viscose, nylon, and metallic mix. These yarns were kinda pricey so I was determined to use every little bit and I did (2 hanks of Softwist for each color, 1 of Microspun, and 1 of Dune), using the last bits on a tie. Do you like it with or without the tie?:

With tie:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/mwedzi/Crochet/CopyofIM002012.jpg

Side View:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/mwedzi/Crochet/CopyofIM002007.jpg

Back View:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/mwedzi/Crochet/CopyofIM002008.jpg

Great job!!!!:manyheart :manyheart :manyheart

Where did you get the pattern?

Everyone that's finnished WTG:cheer ...There is some beautiful work out there:clap . I did lot's more this week-end on my afghan i think i might actually finnish it:hook GL all still crocheting away!!

That is totally awesome that you designed this sweater yourself!

Extra cheers for your amazing accomplishment!

:cheer:cheer

~ Lori

Before I post mine, can I just say that that Snow White graphghan is fantastic! Okay, I'm done and I'm so proud, especially since I'm new at sweaters and designed this one myself.

Okay before I go park myself in front of the tv to watch the Ice dancing. I want to congratulate everyone who has been achieving such wonderful things.

Lady bebop your Graphghan is Wonderful. It should be well loved.

Kimberly That yarn makes me jealous. I want...... And I am not a yarn person. Your doily is looking great.

KinkyLilBlackDress 40 squares is wonderful. To have met goal is stupendous...

mscrocheter Your Boule Cardigan is Awesome.

jcrupps Your sweater looks like one I would love to own. snuggable.

mwedzi You can be very proud of your sweater. You design is fantabulous....

Vernzap All your projects are looking good I love your lapghan and your scarves are great......

I hope I didn't miss anyone. Everyone has done so Wonderfully on there Olympic projects.

I definitely am looking forward to being done and taking my place amoung all the finishers.

I have 4 more rows on the main part of the shawl and then my edging. Just Possible I might get the 4 rows done this evening. I do plan on posting a picture later at the end of the night.

:yay ..............................Go Teams Go.............................:yay

th_CopyofIM002006.jpg

Okay, I didn't read carefully enough, you designed it yourself which makes it even better!

Kimberly...your doily is gorgeous!

Lady Bebop--oh my...wonderful snow white blankie! Graphs like that must be mind-boggling!

mwedzi...beautiful sweater! I love it! I like it better without the tie.

My progress: I am starting the edging on my bolero.

Hi All!

mwedzi - your sweater is beautiful!

LadyBeBop - I love the graph-ghan! Very pretty!

Katchkan - your shawl is really coming along and is, par for the course, lovely. :)

I updated my blog with my progress the last couple of days. It's slow going - I really don't think I'll finish before the Olympics are done. But - I'm going to try! :)

Good night!

:hi Everyone, well I have updated my blog to included pictures of my current progress. Its slow going but its fun.:cheer So take a look and leave a comment if you want, if you don't that is OK too.:hook

I want to say that I have never seen such beautiful crochet wearables before, you all are so very talented.:clap

MamaHooks

First of all thanks to everyone for the great comments!!

Second - I actually made some progress on the doily last night and finished up to row 20 - I am past the small section and have moved onto the extended version!

Lastly - some words of congratulations:

karin4christ - way to go on finishing all 100 of your squares!! What a great accomplishment!

BarbaraJean - congratulations on finishing!

mwedzi - that is gorgeous!! Way to go!

Lady Bebop - Amazing! You did a wonderful job!!

Kiknkylilblackdress - Yay for finishing your 44th square and meeting your goal!! Way to go!

To everyone else - keep up the excellent work - we can all do it!! Now I need to get back to work and actually accomplish something here today so I can go home and crochet and knit like a mad woman tonight.....after today there are only 5 more days left....WE CAN DO IT!!!! GO TEAMS GO!!!!

Archived