Join the Crochet Olympics

:yayI finished with 3 minutes to spare. Picture is on my blog.:yay Look Here

I just finished going through all the messages with pictures and looking up blogs and websites and I am very impressed with everyones abilities. Congratulations to all who have finished and congratulations to all who are still working on their projects. You have all done the best you could in the time allotted. Give yourselves a hand for participating and for not giving up.

:cheerWe are all WINNERS!

:cheer

:cheer MamaHooks :yay

P.s. My daughter's party was yesterday so I did not get finished in time for her to receive it with her other gifts. None of her invited friends showed up :cry to the party :( anyway so she didn't care that it wasn't finished. She wanted to show it to all of them.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on finishing everyone!

Mimi - great job!!!! Congratulations on finishing - I KNEW that you could!! Even a little bit big it still looks lovely!!

JimmieLu - Way to go on all of those squares!!! I would have went insane after square....oh....10 I think! LOL

Ginny - It turned out gorgeous! I love it!! Congratulations!!

Alison - Yay on your finished shrug! I love the color!!!

Esther - Socks!! Congratulations on finishing! Can not wait to see pictures!

Sue - I looooooooove that bag!!! It is gorgeous! The handles look perfect with it!

Tina Marie - Congraulations on completing everything! The shrug is gorgeous!!

Falfal115 - it looks wonderful!!! Congrats!

LazyT - congratulations on finishing! It seems like you have been busy!! Will be waiting for pictures! :)

Mama Hooks - Congraulations on finishing your bag!! It looks great!

I hope that I did not miss anyone - apologies if so!! I spent all day working madly on my handles of my bag. I think that I grafted the wrong straps together, but I did not have enough energy to care and undo them! lol It is in the washer as I type being subjected to the whims of my washer.....I can only keep my fingers crossed and pray (its a front load machine so I can not open and check progress :scared ) As soon as its finished (I'm only putting it through one load....if it needs more it will have to wait 2 weeks until I am in the US on holidays and have access to a top load washer!) I'll take pictures and update!!

I forgot to post that I finished last night! :D I'm very happy with how my scarves turned out, and hopefully I'll be able to ship them off to Threads of Compassion later this week. The batteries died in my camera (I take way too many pictures), so I'll have to post pictures this evening.

Congrats to everyone on a job well done!

:hug :hug I just want to say a big WELL DONE to all my fellow yarnletes, and :ty for all your encouragement. It has been a great ride, even if a bit scary at times!:eek I've loved seeing so many wonderful projects come right! So,:applause A round of applause for all competitors.

Thanks again all

Alison

I wanted to be the first LOSER, to congratulate all you Olympic winners. :bow:applause:nworthy:flower Your projects are stupendous, your dedication amazing, and you really knew what you could do if you competed hard.

I just tuned in to find out how much time I had left, and discovered it's over! It's been tons of fun and I learned a lot about myself - just enough to be a dangerous competitor next time. My table runner is almost there, and, hey - I made the Olympic team - I'll always have that.

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE - I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE MEDAL WINNERS!

I'm waaaay behind here on the forums, had to stay away while I worked on my project if I had a hope to get it done on time. Which I did! But boy, was it a real workout for me. Congrats to everyone that made it in under the wire. :clap For those who didn't make it: at least you gave it a try, and I'm sure you benefited from it as well. And, from the look of things so far, the gal who originated this whole crazy idea (yarn harlot) may not have made it either, :lol At last check on her blog just a few moments ago, there have been no new updates posted, and the tone of yesterday's post was along the lines that she probably wouldn't.

Here's the shot I took of my afghan last night shortly after completing it:

TrellisDone.jpg

It's going to take me a few days to get properly caught up, both here and everywhere else in my life. Meeps is barely talking to me due to the neglect - hey, at least she got fed regularly! For now, a little more browsing before I get ready to go out for dinner, another treat I had to pass on this past few weeks. Ah, the sacrifices we make!

I'll be on to the next project(s) tonight... :hook

Here we go...I think I'm beginning to get the hang of posting a photo.:yay

I tried to post two at once on the scratch pad, but had some trouble, so you will just get to see the close up of the little afghan this time.

It is about 32 by 40 done in Bernat Softee Baby.

I gave it to a friend who is due to have her first baby at any minute.

BabyAfghancloseupforCV.jpg

Sorry I'm just now posting, but I completely finished my Penina bolero jacket at 7:30 AM this morning. I have just taken some pics and uploaded them to my blog. You can find the specific post here:

Completed Bolero Jacket Wins Gold Medal

I got lots of compliments for the jacket at church this morning!

Very pretty jacket Amy...and I love the wall paper in your blog...too cute...

Congratulations to all participants...I watched the closing ceremonies tonight...very nice...

Well, as in the real Olympics, some athletes are disqualified; some are injured. Most just finish somewhere in the pack. I finished 40 of my 50 rounds for my felted tote, but forgot to borrow my friend's knitty knobby to make the cord before she went on vacation--and she won't be back till next Sunday. Oh well... I still consider these Crochet Olympics a success for me--I conquered my fear of rounds, despite the two-week cold and its accompanying hacking cough (you know the kind, that comes from your toes and closes up your lungs and turns you bright red and has your coworkers slapping you on the back asking you if you need oxygen or CPR? I really was asked those questions this week!). I consider myself one of those injured athletes. I had a great time though, and was inspired by a lot of the yarnletes' projects. Whether you finished or not, we're all champions. Patty

Congratulations Goldi, Amy, Brandy, Artemis & Becky on finishing your projects!! Way to go!

Patty & Rddugan - you can still finish! Go go go!! Even though the Olympics have ended, the Olympic spirit is still alive in all of us to do the best that we can! You have both given it your best shot, and that is all that it takes to be a winner!

I think that the true spirit of Olympic events comes not from the Summer and Winter games that we all watch, but from the Special Olympic games....now there are some true champions who overcome odds that many of us never will face.....win or lose, the smiles on their faces just to be there always says it all to me! A close friend of mine growing up is a Special Olympiad, and she always says that she has won just by being able to participate in the games!

My felting turned out half way decent, but I will be felting the bag at least one additional time before I will be happy - the stitches are still way too defined!

I have posted pictures of before and after felting on my blog here: http://cityofcrochet.blogspot.com/2006/02/my-french-market-bag-olympic-gold.html

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement Kimberly! :) I intend to press on! :hook I feel like Patty - it was a ton of fun and I learned about myself. I didn't have sickness, though, Patty - but life interfered.... I consider this one step on my quest for the gold. I'll spend the year in training and then - WATCH OUT... I'll be back in 2007 for a gold medal.

Kimberly - what a great bag! I LOVE the colors and your doily blew me away!

ThreadHeroine - Your shrug is so pretty. My table runner had a ton of motifs too and the weaving in put me behind, I think. Next time I will choose more wisely.

:yayCon gratulations Everyone :yay

I think everyone did so well. Those of you who have finished since the last time I posted. Your pieces are all so beautiful.

Goldie - your afghan is awesome

Artemis - your baby ghan is so beautiful

Kimberly - I know you will finish felting your bag later but it is essentially done and wonderful

Thread Heroine - your shrug is darling, Good luck on your next design attempt. You will try again I am sure.

Yarnaholic - you got raves at church for good reason, your bolero is lovely,

Crazycow - I look forward to pictures of your afghan

Mama Hooks - your back pack is so cute, well done

Vernzap - you did so well to get everything done on your list. I am sure the scarves will be appreciatted.

Motherofallneedles. Surprised yourself uh and finished. It turned out stupendous.

LazyT- I await the pictures of your sweater and purses.

pb&j - for all the hassle you had finding a handle, it looks as if it was well worth it. Well done.

Everyones projects have turned out so well. I think we all got something out of our Olympic experience.:hug Well done one and all, Those who made it and Those who tried included. :hug

this is the afghan that I finished today. Everybody in my house wants to use it tonight, and I say No I want it for me tonight:P . They can use it another night.

th_Picture041.jpg th_Picture040.jpg

Everybody did a wonderful job on there projects. It's so neet to see other peoples work:clap :clap:cheer:yay:hug

this is the afghan that I finished today. Everybody in my house wants to use it tonight, and I say No I want it for me tonight:P . They can use it another night.

th_Picture041.jpg th_Picture040.jpg

Everybody did a wonderful job on there projects. It's so neet to see other peoples work:clap :clap:cheer:yay:hug

Looks great! I recognize that pattern - Diamond Trellis, right? from a Mainstay wrapper I believe? I made it last year...same color too!!

Archived