Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

I used to use Dark Vanilla Musk by Coty. It was and is my all time favorite. It's gone! Sadly discontinued. So now I use Vanilla Musk by Coty...

Morning everyone!

Plan for today is to try to sew a few things, sew a button a pair of shorts, fix daughters pants and try to crochet a pig hat..

We got plenty of rain here. All the grass and trees are beautifully green ...

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it they finally got my IP address unblocked. I was about to give up and just call it quits. But I tried it again today. Thanks Amy!

Thank you for the bamboo hooks and squares Katy.

I know one "trick" HOW to unblock IP address.

That is: go on  Google.com  and type in that surge box words: "My IP address". It will show up. I found that out when i was locked out from C'ville. I was having problems for couple days to get my IP address. So I came up with a "brilliant" idea.  And that was to Google and it worked! :).

I thought I should post that here. For some of you might come handy in the future to know how to deal with that problem.

Krys

Hello,

It was an interesting day at work, I had a new student today and my formal observation, overall I think everything went well, I'm wainting for my follow up conference with the boss. It was hot here today, I think this summer is really going to be a hot one. Not much else going on here.

Goodness Linda, how do you drive in all that traffic... today was Newport News....

Working on a couple lemon potholders to send to a friend in Ca... that will be tomorrows project headed back up Linda's way, thankful for the work.. but durn these long days make me tired!

Lea,

one,I'm not an interstate driver,I only take the back road,I'm a late in life driver,didn't get my first license till i was 37

I just couldn't master looking behind me to see traffic flow and keep the car in lane,so its safer for myself and other drivers

you drive back home only to have to come up this way again,I'd be way tired too

Hey! all ~ It's been raining all day today.  Started with thunder storms last night.  We've also had to turn the heat back on to warm it up, too.  So this has been a slow day, just taking a break from the computer.  I spent most of today working on a cross stitch dresser scarf for ME.  I've already given the two matching circle scarves as gifties (we know how that is, right?).  I'll be working on granny squares, probably this weekend if not sooner, too.  Have dr appt for me tomorrow, just a check up (supporting my local doctor ~ :reyes ).  At least my RA doc makes me feel like he's looking after my best interest with this arthritis.

Hope everyone is having a great week.  I need to get some pics taken of my pretty squares that KatyAllen sent me a few days ago ~ :manyheart 

Katy had asked about perfumes and what our favs were?  Gee! It's been a long time, and very seldom I wear much cologne any more ~ LoL  But I did have one favorite from Avon, a kind of tropical scent that I loved, which wasn't real over-powering.  I also like some of the older scents like Chantilly, Emeraude, and some of the tropical fruity or jasmine scents, but also gardenia.  Right now I've got a spray bottle of a cheapy orangey-mango scent ~ :P  something I wear when I want to smell good, just going outside ~ LoL  I have to watch what I wear since hubby has sneezing fits around certain perfumes or aftershave colognes.  (we don't venture down those isles very often ~ LoL)

Beautiful tote! as always, Mary Jo.

I have been working on a mermaid tail blanket and made it in small because I am making it for a small child. Had Little Tribble try it and have decided it is too short so I am going to have to make a panel and attach to the top of the blanket. Never will I make a small again. It's just too small no room to grow into it.

YOu know I am tired when so far I have drank two cups of coffee (I despise coffee) and still have 6 hours to go this shift.

night all

Good Morning

its a beautiful day,need to weed some planters,to make way for the few plants I broke down and bought yesterday,I kept it simple,remembering years past when its 100 and the humidity is like 150%,that I just don't have any energy to go out and water across the yard,that was mil's thing,not this gal,I got three impatiens plants and one marigold, alot of people think they stink,but I really like the smell of marigolds

everyone enjoy your day

I have three Amaryllis plants,one red one that Rene' gave me when she worked at a bulb packing and shipping plant,just thought about it,its 25 yrs old.The other two belonged to Jimmy's mom,one white and one pink,the only time the white blooms is when it hears talk of being added to the trash pile,It will produce a flower that year,I heard somewhere that sometimes they don't flower every year,see, the other two plants don't do this,they have bloomed every year I've had them

Hey all and good afternoon! Quick stop in while I have a few minutes. Not too much has been going on, and I lost my hooks again!  :cry  I went to work on one of my many projects, and they all went poof...Now I just have to remember where I last saw them that wasn't in my bag (already looked there) and go from there. Knowing my little one, they may be in her toy bucket?

Other than that, just keeping an eye on the chicks.

I hope you all are well or mending! I shall try to get back on more, now that my phone supports this site, I just need to remember that too!

:hug s all!

Hi, everyone! I'm writing this before I forget to do it. I used to be a happy member of this group. Life events got in the way. I suffered a

stroke. I lost some memory and eyesight which totally cramped my crojo. I've adjusted, thank God. I am hoping to finally start sending squares out soon. Greetings and hugs to everyone!

omg angel and dragnlady5. welcome back old friends!!!

angel ao sorry to hear of your health issues and so happy you are working it out and can crochet again soon,,

Pineknott i used to plant impatients in my two larger flower beds but year after year we would lose most of them to either the rabbits or the wild turkeys so i did a little research and seems none of the animals like the smell of marigolds ao we plant those now faithlully every year!! Bugs and Tom will have to go elsewhere for buffet. lol

oh my such a nice dY out there today. chilly at ght and maybe rain moving in over the weekwnd but cant complain.

theywere getting snow up noth towards Norfolk Ne yesterday though!!

our (state (Ne) has its own puzzling triangle although probably not as sinister as the Burmuda triangle is.

There are three main citi s north of us (Omaha) of us we call it the tri- state triangle. from Sioux city Ia, to Norfolk Ne and the third city is Sioux Falls S Dak. any inclement weather that is on the map for ne hits in that triangle first and worst!! check it out soon its true!! They are in that air current that brings it all into them!! much like Buffalo in NY lol. that draws all that lake effect well our triangle draws bad

weather too!!!

just my little bit of Ne trivia for the day!!

once again welcome back to two old friends Dragnlady5 and angelroselite!! So glad you have checked in with us as many times i have thought of you both!!

hope we s ee lots of you both soon!! and if you want back on the list please swend me you info and prefs agin. Owlvqmp is also asking for email and phone number if you like so she will make a master list in case of things such as being blocked out of the ville which has happened or long unavoidable absences such as personal or health issues so if you would like to be on that contact list please msg Owlvamp ok. thanks!! we all would send a card had we known angel. and Kristi are you a paramedic now cause i have spent some time in the back of ambulances and let me tell you I have very high respect for you all !!

well wishing you all much health and happiness today and see you all again later!!❌⭕️❌⭕️????

Just yesterday I was looking over an old list and was wondering about both of you (dragnlady5 and AngelRoseLite). Its so good you both drpped by. Angel so sorry to hear about your health issues but glad you are doing better.

Linda I like margolds too. Mine never get special attention- no extra watering. They tolerate hot and dry.

I love marigolds.  They are just great for keeping critters away from your other plants, especially rabbits.

Hey Angel and Dragonlady5.  It is great to see you here.  So glad to hear you have come back from your stroke Angel.

It is almost time to get the pills out for the night.

Have a great one and talk to you all tomorrow.

Bgs

I have such a black thumb for gardening,but somehow I can get big beautiful bushes out of marigolds,and any plant that doesn't require alot of water and fussing over,is one that works for me.

oh mj the tote is gorgeous for sure so springish!!! i will be curios if i am right n my guess who it goes too???? cant wait till she gets it,!!

lovely work and such thoughtful little items included as well.

you are so good to us all!!♥❌⭕

Good Morning

Owlvamp wishing you a better day today.It stormed overnight around 5:30 I was awakened by a loud crack of thunder,nothing hardly ever wakes me from a sound sleep,well with that,its going to be too wet to play in the yard today,so I guess I'll just have read some of my story

have a great day everyone

hi all. thanks maria got you info just let me know if and when you aRe collecting again ok!!!

rain rain all night and some of the f the am too. oh well we need it i guess.

didnt do too much today just watched the hisrory channel mostly of the day. had some good programs i watch about oh the earth and other scientific stuff ao pretty much didnt change the channel most o f the day lol.

chilly here in oday today too as the furnace has actually kicked on a time or two i noticed. other than that all is well and ill talk to you all soon!!

ta ta for now.

been moving around quie a bit lately and am hoping this coming week will be a good time to try out walking with a cane only. its just scarey to think about it still but ill get to it soon.

Archived