Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Thanks Lea.  I can't believe it was changed 6 years ago.

Yeah the fires are mostly on the East coast, we had some between us and Disney a couple of weeks ago, but they are not contained.

I had to laugh at the phone conversation.  I remember John's aunt saying if they did not lay her out in a dress, she would come back and haunt us.

Hope Chris is feeling better.  It gets rough on the old guys moving things.  :rofl 

I knew when we got up today it was gonna be a long day, every time chris moves he grunts a little bit, I ask if he was sore and he just keeps saying " not bad, not bad", that being said, he hasn't moved from his chair since we got back from church and lunch!

Hello.

I've been bsy with the grandbaby for a couple of days. Early this morning I woke up to rain but by the time I got to church the sky looked clear so I left the umbrella in the car, so of course it was raining again when church finished and it's still raining. But a rainy day makes for a good day in the sewing room, hopefully I'll finish up the little dress I've been working on. That's about it for my little corner of the world.

It has been raining cats and dogs all day here! We are suppose to get up to 2 inches. We had lunch with the inlaws and I am suppose to go to MIL's church for a Bible Study tomorrow but she said not to come cause everyone would worry me driving the back roads with flood warnings and rain.  Looks like I'll be puttering around house tomorrow.... not complaining...

Don't fall out of your chairs ladies but it looks like I can post now. That was a long time.

I had lots of time for journaling. I need to get to work on a pig hat for an infant for pictures.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Check in later.

So glad you are back Sandra!  Batten down the hatches for all this rain!  Hugs~ Lea

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my goodness! I'm back! I feel like I blinked and the month is over.

I think it took me like 2 hours to catch up with this thread. :lol

Sounds like everyone is busy! And sick, I really hope Snowbear gets better soon! A guy in my church choir just came back today after being sick for 5 weeks! He said he had the flu and then he had pneumonia. I'm glad to hear that most of you are feeling a bit better.

Happy Easter! Easter time is always pretty busy for me but I wouldn't have it any other way. It is my favorite time of the year. Slightly more than Christmas although I do love my Christmas carols. I sing at all the extra masses and love it! The best part of this year was that the forsythia bloomed just in time for Easter! I didn't see blooms on Good Friday but come Easter Vigil, a bunch of bushes were glowing! It just isn't Easter without forsythia. The funny thing is, i don't remember forsythia in Nebraska but now I can't have Easter without it. Also, a parishioner at our church funded two angel statues at the front of church and they are lovely!

Before Holy Week even got started I was crazy busy with my choir concert, which went very well. We did a Choral work based on the Diary of Anne Frank. It was amazing. Very very moving. Several audience members were in tears at both concerts. And I even broke down when it was all over. I didn't want to stop singing it. It was such a beautiful piece of music.

Now I'm on April break so I'm off all week but I have plenty to do. I'm crocheting a sorta big project, but I'm keeping it under my hat until it's done. It's turning out lovely. I have school work to do and rehearsals to attend and cleaning to do. And I'm picking up some hours at my retail job Fri. and Sat. And then it will be MAY! Good gravy!

Well that's my update. Katy, I haven't gotten the mail this week yet but will check tomorrow.

Haha, PS. I just reread what I wrote and notice that I use a lot of exclamation points. :lol I'm not shouting, I'm just very enthusiastic.

Sandra so glad you are back.

Charis, make sure you use this week to rest and relax.

Cloudy here with a hope of rain, but none promised.  Boy could we use some.  They were talking about the fire fighters here and how they have to be careful of the flames and heat.  Well, yesterday, they ran across a pissed off rattler.  No one got bit, but they do have to be very, very careful.

The tote is done and for a change I know who it is going to.  If the sun shows up today I hope to get some pictures.

Glad to hear everyone had a great weekend.

Off to see what the Ville has to offer.

pineknott it wasn't the signing in and out the issue. I couldn't even see the Crochetville main page. It's like it wasn't even there..

It's raining here and not sure what I will be doing yet.

I have been cleaning up and getting ready for daughters college graduation in 2 weeks.

Not sure what I am giving her or making. I haven't been in the mood or right supplies.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!!

Sandra glad you didnt give up and made it back. I would have really missed you.

Charis sounds like you had an exhausting but fun Easter season. We have forsythia here in MO but because of an unusually warm spring their blooms peaked before Easter. I guess I think of daffodils for Easter. I have some that bloom early and some that bloom later so no matter when Easter falls I have daffodils.

Lea I know just how Chris feels. When you find a sort of comfortable position you just dont want to move and start hurting again.

Mary Jo I have been seeing some of the fires on the news and that it was arson. Thats so sad---all the damage and then the hazards and risks for the firefighters and residents.

hello all.

i havent got much news but have been reading back posts and am now up to date. i srill dont have any idea wht i want to make. next so have been keeoing busy with a few squares you know. beautiful day out today sun has been out all day!!

oh whomever it was that mentioned Suthelands wow blast fro m the past. we dont have them here anymore but in its hey day my dad always got most of his supplies there he was a home contractor/ builder and any way a few years after he passed Sutherlands moved out of state i thinkk but I u remember that store it was fun to see all the stuff in it and alays smelled of sawdust!! I dont know why they left nere but i suspect places like meenards and home depot choked them out. i dunno.

well supper coming up soon so i will sign off for right now see you all soon. ❌⭕️❌⭕️

Hello everyone.

It was back to work today with a stop at Walmart for some stuff. I almost finished the little dress yesterday and I think it will be finished tonight along with matching bloomers. I think spring has come and gone in south Florida, it was 89 degrees today. No rain today but it was really foggy this morning.

Owlvamp, I'm glad you're back with us.

I guess that's about it for me. Have a great evening.

Thanks for the squares Katy!!

It was super nice out today. Vacuumed the floor and just chilled a bit. Now hubby and I are gonna make din. It's supposed to rain the next 2 days I guess.

post-61033-0-75887300-1493130337_thumb.jpg

Wish I could send everyone who needs it a bit of this rain, it has been raining hard since yesterday morning. we have some minor flooding, it will be worse if the rain doesn't stop.

traveling up towards Linda tomorrow and have a bag packed of hooks and yarn to take with me for the day... I am finishing up yoda from a kit... and he doesn't look so much as yoda...  but, its going to Jacob and he'll be two... so i think I'm good...LOL

was suppose to go to Bible Study today but didn't drive the hour in the pouring rain,

Charis, I am going to google the Anne Franke (cantata?)  Love  great music....Enjoy your time off!  May is right around trhe corner!

Linda I hear you on those temp swings. We have been having some mornings with light frost but in the 80's by afternoon.

Lea I dont blame you not wanting to drive that hour in the pouring rain. I dont like to be out in it either. Its not fun being stuck on the highway due to flash flooding.

It's called Annelies and it's by James Whitbourn. We performed the chamber version. There is a nice video on YouTube with subtitles. It's mostly in English but it can be tricky to catch all the words.

good afternoon

got my running done earlly between the raindrops,time for a coffee and see if I can duplicate another stocking for W4W,with Rene's help yesterday I got a different type done,I was anxious and sweating,always with something thats out of my comfort zone,its a LemonSucrette pattern

instead of making a new post I'll just add onto this,I mailed a puffy from Rene to Imafreek,expect it Friday

Linda I hear you on those temp swings. We have been having some mornings with light frost but in the 80's by afternoon.

Lea I dont blame you not wanting to drive that hour in the pouring rain. I dont like to be out in it either. Its not fun being stuck on the highway due to flash flooding.

Glad I decided not to go! Several roads , including a mall close to where I was going had closed for flooding! Plus the older I get I can't see worth a flip...LOL

It's called Annelies and it's by James Whitbourn. We performed the chamber version. There is a nice video on YouTube with subtitles. It's mostly in English but it can be tricky to catch all the words.

Will definitely do a search.....sounds so interesting!

Was up Linda's way today, ( Portsmouth) really didn't get a bunch done on our trip up and back... I had a horrible migraine with this weather... so I slept...headed to Newport tomorrow...glad this work only comes in spurts... !!!

oh hello.

glad to see you all alive and well and sustaining whatever type of weather you are having at the moment. it was a bit overcast today and a little chilly so i have been bundled up most of the day in front of my little room heater in the craft room lol.

got my bill book in i order and did little things all day and am tired tonight! up and down about a million times today and glad to be able to doo that as well!! just a random question here do you all have a favorite perfume or a signature scent you wear regularly?

just wondering i guess as i did have to dust the many bottles of perfumes on my dresser yesterday lol and i thought now which one scent would be considered my fav?. used to be Unforgeable but i dont think they make it anymore darn it and the closet i have found to it is is Pearls and Lace and Lce by avon i. think. i also like Celene Dion and Charlie too. i grab anything and am not particular too much. what about all you??? one scent or many?? do share!!

ok all for now see you all soon take care and ill see you tomorrow!!❌⭕️❌⭕️⁉️

Katy

I used to love Avon's Regence',now a days I don't think I  could handle that powerful frangrance.

Perfume and cologne never bothered me,till we went to Danville in  '87 and think they cleaned the hotel bathroom with 100% bleach,must have burned my respiratory track,and ever since can't handle different scents.way way back there was a cologne called Flambeau,I think put out by Coty,also one called Tigress,oh and Jontue?sp those were my favorites till about '78,then it was Red,but it got changed so stopped using that one,in Hawaii,used a sweet plumeria one. I also like the German one 4711, its kind of citrusy

Lea

I'm familiar with three,townpoint rd,broad st. and the third is between portsmouth blvd and airline blvd.there might be one in craddock but I don't know where its at,maybe afton pkwy,forgive the one hand no caps typing its late and I'm being lazy

Good Morning

after morning drizzle,the sun is peeking out.

The pull is great to go get some flowers,I really have to remind myself,by the time it heats up with soaring temps and humidity,I just have no energy to go out there and tend to flowers,if I get any,I think it will be shade plants and only put some out on the patio.

enjoy your day

Good Morning.

Talking about perfume, everyone who visits knows, NO perfume or cologne.  I am allergic to something in them.  I have to be careful even with shampoos, cream rinses and soaps.  I have no fragrance Cloths Detergent, Fabric Softener and Clorox 2.  I know, I am a pain, but it keeps the migraines away.

Well, I am about 1/2 way done on my c2c afghan. 

I have been out and brushing down the pool, and adding some water, as still no rain.  It is a cool day today, but they are saying the humidity will be back tomorrow.   Heaven help us, just give us rain.

Off to make breakfast.

Hugs to all.

Archived