Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

yes indeed dragonlady we have most of us been locked out of the ville but we didnt give up either so glad you were able to get back!!

When is your bday month Kristi?? oh i thought emt was the same as paramedic excuse my un knowledge on that please lol

i wish you much luck in your job hunts and your career as well!!

sandra, linda and lea hope you have a wonderful month of bday celebrations coming up!!!

angel is not collecting squares at this time and dragonlady5 did not mention size but did say any colors were fine.

owlvamp would love to get enofh more squares-to finish her "project afghan" and make her recipient happy!!!

sandra might be a good idea to list how many more of each color you now need so we can all contribute and lesson the possibility of duplicating colors. i think i have green and possible a little yellow sowill work them up asap but as before i dont work eith blackso you might haveto work the last row if you sont mind. thanks

snowbear goodness hope you are feeling much better soon and can eat something more than semi liquid softs. i practically lived on sigar free jello when i was so sick asicould t keep anything down while on that antibiotic drip. cool whip has no sugar and like one calorie so i uses that sometimes with fresh fruit too and it was so refreshing!!

well our brunch goup is now down to threeand me if iresu,e going as some of the others due to health or personal issues have disbanded. the three that started it and I are the last three regs. what a shame huh.

we still keep in touch but its not the same lol.

my sisters consoltation is nex week when they will discuss the best way to tackle this lung thing so we will know more soon. she is hanging in but with her depressed attitude i worry about her even making it through a sugery should that be the case. good news is she has had the nicotine patch since she left the hospital and has not smomed since she says. you would have to be a complete fool to smoke with a tu or i. you lu g that is cancer but so e people have i guess. i told her she is pretty much past the mental addiction to smoking and now is fighting the habit of smoking. she is half way there we hope.

the first time iquit waseasy as iwas on oxegen in the hospital(Ectopic ptregnancy) and having emergency surgery so that was the least of my probs ,, smoking. the last and fianl time i used the patch on national smoke out day with others from my office and myself and my boss were the o ly two to succeed at never smoking again the others all wnt back to smoking the next day i think. you gotta commit to ir you gotta Want to do it!!

ok lexture over sudfice to say if you dont smoke dont start if you do smoke give it up you know. simple to say harder to. so.

i am still not a fan of meat but have had hamburger and a t bone here and there. i have to have the steak cut upin ratepher small oie es and the hamburger crumbled. i eat it only cause i feel i have to have some protein from meat but not crazy about. it. i eat nothing that iknow is or has a lot of sugar in it! the hiden sugar seems to crop up in a lot of things that i look up things like 30 grms of sugarin a single med banana????? dang it that is one of my favs but women are usually only allowed 24 grams for an entire day. i think that sucks lol.

i dont miss the surger persay aswe have found everything from sugar free cake mixes and frostings to candy and nuts. so my blood sugar stays witin the norm for me range mostly. hard to give up nanos though!!! lol isupposea half of a nanowouldnt hurt now and then hehehe.

well i hope i have touched on most of your comments today and will be back maybe a bit llater as i have some leftover nachos to eat now !!! ⭕⭕till later!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OKAAAYYYY, Had trouble getting in, but here I am, another year older... thanks bunches for the birthday wishes... Dh has the ole' birthday thing down pat....He gave me a gift card to cracker barrel, and took me to dinner at cracker barrel... He didn't even give me the eye rolling look as he stood there while I looked at everything in the store...

Sorry to hear you are down in the dumps Sandra,

Hope all is well with everyone!

Hey all and good evening! just a couple minutes to stop in and say hi.

Happy birthday to our May Squares! Hope you enjoy your special days!

On another note, it seems that St. Louis and Jefferson County are once again their own islands. And I'm in St. Louis and Immafreek is in Jefferson County, and if what I've heard is right (or I just heard wrong, not really sure which) we're basically about cut off from the rest of the country again. Last I heard, there is no way in or out of St. Louis. I'm not sure about where my sissy is, I dont seem to get their news over here  :reyes  Other than that, we seem to be doing alright. I'm going to walk over to the park tomorrow and try to get some pictures of the flooding since it's basically right across the street almost. They're comparing it to what we got back in December 2015, and telling us to act like it's a blizzard and just stay home unless we have to go out...and also to keep our boats, canoes, and kayaks out of the water once it stops rising until it goes back down (because apparently people have done that in the past to use it as a cool story later)

But anyway, I'm going to get off here, I'll catch up on the reading after I get the kids to bed in a bit.

I hope you all are well and dry (I know it's not here, but I can at least hope the rest of you all aren't getting washed out too!).  :hug s all and stay safe out there!

We are doing good. Completely cut off from the rest of the country. Jade is very unhappy as her daddy is on the other side of 55, his work put him and a few others in a hotel so they could make it to work. Hopefully he will get to make it home using back roads tomorrow after work, but it doesn't look promising. She got to eat a Twinkie all by her self this morning, and now we are hanging out on the couch. She was in her bed but work up crying, telling me mom mom I need, mom mom I need, bug wants dada ????

post-39682-0-25150400-1493865081_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-40667400-1493865152_thumb.jpg

Good Morning

International Firefighters Day,many thanks to all who serve

on GMA this morning,they were reporting from Arnold  Mo.hope you dry out soon

enjoy the day

Katiebug and ImmaFreek glad you checked in and are ok. Hope Jade gets to see her daddy soon. Looks like we are going to some days to dry out now.

Linda I knew it was Star Wars day but they didnt note it was International Firefighters Day on dh's Fire District calendar.

Spent some time this morning digging trees and big clumps of grass out of one of the flower beds. Hopefully I wont break out with poison ivy as there was some of that to dig out too. Yesterday we signed papers to get a new roof put on in June.

wow so sorry for your floods! my goodness jade is precious and wanting dada hoe cute. hope he gets home home soon safe and sound and bgs a new roof wow that is something huh. always something to fix or do around the old homestead huh.

hope snowbird is feeling better and sandra i found a little yellownd a little green so i will try to make you a couple of each well as long as the yarn lasts that is!,

lea i have some for you done i did before i got so sick and will send them out to you soon ok. i love this yarn Cream and some Rhss. in burgandy correct???

i got so much done today !! Cleaned well clorox rwo-ed the counters and spruced up the kitxhen tomorrow there are plans for me r to do the fridge . handy did well and im not complaining but i do it better lol

im pretty tired tonight as iwas on my Feet standing or moving about all day and my legs are a bit tired tonight but i feel i actually accomplished some major stuff lol.

we had chicken mcnuggets tonight that handy picked up on the way home and some left for lunch tomorrow too lol

all for now as i am gonna see what is on tv tonight!! later girls!!

Katiebug and ImmaFreek glad you checked in and are ok. Hope Jade gets to see her daddy soon. Looks like we are going to some days to dry out now.

Linda I knew it was Star Wars day but they didnt note it was International Firefighters Day on dh's Fire District calendar.

Spent some time this morning digging trees and big clumps of grass out of one of the flower beds. Hopefully I wont break out with poison ivy as there was some of that to dig out too. Yesterday we signed papers to get a new roof put on in June.

there was a big segment on GMA with Dennis Leery.one of my friends that I went to school,her son travels into the city from mid LI,to Harlem,later he was transferred to Queens,at first there was a long wait list,so he went with NYPD,after two years he became a firefighter,his first love.

tomorrow will be Have driver,will travel,across the river to Newport News and Yorktown

,I wanted to go to AC Moore and JoAnn's,we usually but not often, go o the one in Va. Beach ( AC Moore) but the JoAnn's that has the item in stock is in Newport News,so scrambled to find both in the same general area,yes he is like that,car mileage hawk.Hey Lea,any Cracker Barrels out that way,that you passed?I have a gift card that could be turned into a catfish sandwich,real quick,yum

Good morning.  Have not been on for a few days, due to test for Dr.'s and such.  Just yearly stuff, but seems like it is all at once.

I have also been spending time getting a baby gift together for a friend.

I have been working on squares, but they will have to wait to go out.  I do hope you all don't mind. 

Glad to hear your DH got home and made Jade happy.  I have been watching the news and seeing how bad it is.  I hope you all get some relief soon.

Well it is time to go to another test. 

Have a great day and hugs to all.

Morning all! It finally stopped raining and the majority of the highways are back open, with the exception of a few areas we're good now.

I went and got pictures yesterday, yeah. Can't post them from my phone or tablet. The message about the CGOA chain-link thing blocks the menu on them :( Oh well, no bug deal  :lol 

Well, I better get off here. Got a few things to get done today. 

Hope you all are feeling well and staying dry and what-not!  :hug s all and have a great day!

Mary Jo was starting to worry something was wrong at your house.

Katy you are back to cleaning. You are sounding better and stronger each day. Glad to hear you are doing ok with the diet changes. At least you already enjoyed diet coke so you didnt have to give that up.

Glad Jade's daddy made it back to her and that the flood waters are receeding. Carole you havent checked in since the floods so hope you made it thru ok.

Linda hope you are having a good day shopping and get your Cracker Barrel stop in too.

Well I couldnt leave well enough alone and be happy with working in the one flower bed yesterday and went back out to use a hand saw to cut a huge limb up into pieces I could lift. I tripped and fell skinning up my left hand in several places. Those scrapes bled forever. Going to spend today mowing.

Thought I had worked up all my aunts sports weight baby yarn but found more so I am making more baby ghans for badrhinogillette. I made two round ripples using darski's pattern, one c2c, and one Jamie blanket from the Lion Brand website.

post-11309-0-89183500-1493999085_thumb.jpgpost-11309-0-83120200-1493999248_thumb.jpgpost-11309-0-96145900-1493999337_thumb.jpg

shhh is this a ghost town!! no chatting since my last post. i must have scared you all off.

well another lovely day out today!! had the central ac on for. bit as it got stuffy and my windows are too sifficult 1 to get too with my walker and 2 even if i sis they are much too cumbersom to handle with one hand lol.

well i finished up cleaning the kitchen today just had a couple odds ans ends to tie up!! i have all the hand towels in the dryer now as evert now and then i run them theough. clorox wash and straighten out thre shelf lol that was today. dishcloths mixed in with dish towels and scrubbies running rampant i ya!! sogot that all cleaned and strightened out so then did the cupboard under the sink!! had handylookfor my pledge the other day and he said he never dound any. i knew it was there somewhere lol so i searched for it snd found it. i should use the liquid gold but pledge is so much quicker lol. i use the good stuff every otherti ei guess on the wood stuff.

so oh and i vacuumed (Stick vac). the floor too i. he kitxhen from a chair and it worked prettywell and made aome xherry jello tonight for. dessert too so was busy i guesss. Did a couple saucers and. couple glasses i hate for things to pile up lol. so i am esting. bit now.

hope all iswell with you all and those in pain or sickness are recovering too !!!

more later if i get back here!!!

No we are ok, just very busy and well, tired by the time the day is almost over.

Love the ghans Brenda. 

Yeah, between the floods and being busy we are a little sparse here.  One more trip out tomorrow and then I am staying home and not moving. 

Off to do some work on the squares for this month.

Have a good night.

we brought our umbrellas with us,but didn't have to use them,went to Yorktown AC Moore,came away under 10.00 ( dpn's & # 6 straight long)

then on to JoAnn's,would have been under 10.00 there too but found two totes,such a sucker for totes with sayings,so all total 12.00,love coupons,2 people 50% each,and same but other coupon was 55% off,that was for size 7 & 9 with 36 inch cable,so basically it was shopping for Rene' since she is the only one who knits,bamboo since its easier on her fibromyalgia I did look at yarn but they didn't have any RH plain blue or camo,real shame since it was 4/10.00

didn't get to Cracker Barrell,this is the longest I've held onto gift cards,thank goodness they don't expire

Good Morning All,

its chilly outside and Sunday into Monday they are talking 30's & 40's for overnight temps

Bgs,your blankets are really nice,enjoy the day everyone

Linda sounds like you had a good shopping day. Its great when you dont have to pay full price. Its a warm almost hot sunny day here. I went with my sister and niece to their church's womens group district meeting and lunch. Then we bagged up more stuff at my dads house to haul off to the thrift store.

Just a quick check in. Slept a lot the last couple of days. No energy, house is a mess... hoo boy! LOL. Maybe when I get off work in the morning I will try to straighten it a bit. I have a bit of a vacation coming up in a few days off for Little Tribbles 7th birthday. I can't believe hes so old. His new bookbag is here already ( end of the school /birthday tradition. he gets his new bookbag for the next year. Of course he usually packs it the last couple weeks of the school year.) I'm almost done with his cross stitch, but not even halfway through his Rainbow Megalodon(prehistoric shark) blanket, doubt it will be completed.

Have a great night all!

Good Morning.  Lots of sun and quite cool this morning.  Where is my heat?????

Almost ready to send out the stuffies for this month.  Hope to get them done today.

Done with all the Dr.'s test and next week I only have the one Dr. appointment for 3 month check up and then done with Dr.'s till the end of the month. 

It was an exhausting week.

Pineknott have you seen or used those new dp curved needles?  I was wondering if they were better than the regular ones.  I hate using the regular dps.  Of course, they are expensive, so I just look, but curious.

Well, off to make breakfast.  Have a great day today every.  Hugs, all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Archived