Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Mary Jo hope you have a nice visit with your company today.

Sandra hope you are ok and make it back on soon.

#1 glad your package arrived and thanks for letting us know about Sandra.

Katy you are sounding more and more like you feel better.

Now Carole do your pies have meringue on them or whipped cream? I loved the pies my grandma made with fresh cream and eggs from her cows and chickens topped with meringue. Seems like the places that serve cream pies use whipped cream on top except for lemon meringue. I usually dont get dessert when we eat out except I found one place that has coconut cream wih meringue.

Tribble I like it cool to sleep too. I would really like to keep the thermostat set at 68 year round.

Its a foggy misty morning here. Think I will just do light housework things today as I spent yesterday lugging around and spreading bags of mulch. Dh thought he was helping me by stacking bags where I was going to use it so that meant I had to move all those bags before I could rake the old mulch off the landscape cloth and move it to another area.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah yes,Bgs

those endearing things they do,trying to be helpful,and it makes more work

Bill is on  a kick now,of putting things away before I use them,I'm looking looking and he says oh I thought you were done with it already

Hello!

I picked up my grandbaby after work today and of course she fell asleep in the car and is still napping, I don't think she sleeps well at the day care center. So I am taking advantage of the quiet to try and finish sewing some pillow covers for my daughter. I hope everyone is having a great day.

Mary Jo hope you have a nice visit with your company today.

Sandra hope you are ok and make it back on soon.

#1 glad your package arrived and thanks for letting us know about Sandra.

Katy you are sounding more and more like you feel better.

Now Carole do your pies have meringue on them or whipped cream? I loved the pies my grandma made with fresh cream and eggs from her cows and chickens topped with meringue. Seems like the places that serve cream pies use whipped cream on top except for lemon meringue. I usually dont get dessert when we eat out except I found one place that has coconut cream wih meringue.

Tribble I like it cool to sleep too. I would really like to keep the thermostat set at 68 year round.

Its a foggy misty morning here. Think I will just do light housework things today as I spent yesterday lugging around and spreading bags of mulch. Dh thought he was helping me by stacking bags where I was going to use it so that meant I had to move all those bags before I could rake the old mulch off the landscape cloth and move it to another area.

Oh, I fix my cream pies with meringue, and I go easy on the sugar, too, since the fillings are pretty sweet on their own.  Since I was using my new glass pie dishes, I made a double-batch of coconut cream, so by using the 6 egg whites for the meringue, it was like a mile high! LoL  Couldn't put it all on the pie, tho, since I used my big toaster oven to brown it in.  I was in the mood for experimenting ~ :D   It worked pretty well, too . . . just have to remember to shorten the time from 12 minutes, to about 8 minutes.  This will make it especially nice when I have a lot in the oven and then want to do up my pies.

While my son was a baby, I was able to buy gallon jugs of fresh milk, too, and enjoyed making my own butter from the cream.  He was around 3-4 months old when I went from breast feeding, to starting him on formulas.  (Neither one of my two kids did very well on store-bought formulas either.)  Son was a little butterball, too ~ LoL  Cooking and baking tastes so different when using fresh milk and eggs, I agree.  I sure miss it, too (well, my ol' body probably doesn't, from the extra pounds I'm sure I'd collect!).

We like to sleep more on the cool side, too.  Otherwise we both get too clogged up with our sinuses by morning.  It's SO nice to have our windows open now, too!  I love hearing the birds chirping all day.

Now all this talk about pie, goodness and here I am 10 miles from a grocery store and too late to bake one!

Just as well.... there is about ## that need to come off this body anyhow...LOL

Maybe the kids forgot one of those chocolate eggs around here some place

Hey all! Quick pop in, been kinda busy with Easter and now recovering from it... :lol  I do hope you all had a great Sunday too! 

Well, back off I go. We're having a late and somewhat crazy night here! 

Hope all are well or mending!  :hug s

oh my i laughed at some of your posts!! too funny!

u

yep getting around much better so maybe next week just the cane???? lol

quiet day sunny day and max is enjoying his window time for sure lately. nothing else much goingon. sooo will see the you all tomorrow!!

Now all this talk about pie, goodness and here I am 10 miles from a grocery store and too late to bake one!

Just as well.... there is about ## that need to come off this body anyhow...LOL

Maybe the kids forgot one of those chocolate eggs around here some place

Lea ~ don'tcha just hate that?  Have a hankerin' to bake something good to eat, then don't have all the ingredients to get 'er done.  I hate when that happens ~ :reyes   I've always thought that, as long as we stay active, we could eat anything we want, right?  Nah, it just doesn't happen that way ~ :lol   I just don't have the get up and go I used to.

Hmmm . . . lookin' for one of those Cadbury eggs, heh?  :D 

Lea sorry for stirring up your sweet tooth. Its just I loved the coconut cream pie with meringue that my grandma made. Its just a really special taste and memory. I have never made one and have at times gone many years without having any at all. Then I was dissappointed when ordering a piece at a restaurant and it came out piled high with whipped cream and not meringue. I never mastered making pie crust. I finally gave up trying and buy frozen crusts to make fruit pies.

Linda besides the eye test wont they be taking one of their lovely photos? Now I am wondering about snowbear too. I liked your version of a granny square stocking.

Lea sorry for stirring up your sweet tooth. Its just I loved the coconut cream pie with meringue that my grandma made. Its just a really special taste and memory. I have never made one and have at times gone many years without having any at all. Then I was dissappointed when ordering a piece at a restaurant and it came out piled high with whipped cream and not meringue. I never mastered making pie crust. I finally gave up trying and buy frozen crusts to make fruit pies.

Linda besides the eye test wont they be taking one of their lovely photos? Now I am wondering about snowbear too. I liked your version of a granny square stocking.

back from DMV,yes Bgs a brand new mug shot was taken,lol guess I'm good till about age 75 now

I'm one that can't follow a pattern to save her life,knew I could do the basic granny,the toe part was the doodle part,now I just hope I can do the same thing on the next ones

i have sent some emails in our owlvams behalf. bot to amy at the ville and ravelry once i looked up my password there ar rav lol

hopefully sandra will get some help soon. you might all those that can do the same. it seems to take a vwey long time for a reply if ever. it feels we are being abandoned as it were. what a long miserable and cruel death then for the ville if that be the case.

also the puffies have sailed. from Omaha Harbor on thir way to their new forever homes. a list of those who may expect a puffy to follow but first let me wish happy b day to all those in my absence and belated b day wishes.

lets see hopefully i have t forgotten many of the past dues b-days and if i did forget someone please remind me and ill send some squares ok yhanks to all for you patience!

charis

Owlvamp here come those bamboo hooks.!!!! enjoy!

Tribble

Carole

Rene

Snowbear

Holly.

Imafreak

a d tampa i have not fortotten you just-stuck on whatto send you still. lol

Carole ( Lovin2Crochet) thank you for the squares and birthday card. They are lovely. :hug thank you so much.

You're welcome, sweetie ~ :manyheart   I'm glad they reached you okay.

How Jayden doing now?  All over her cold and feeling bad.  She sure is growing like a weed!  So cute, too.

I don't think hardly any of the restaurants make meringue any more ~ :(   I have an old Home & Gardens cookbook (back from the late '60s) that has the recipes for homemade cream pie fillings, mergingues (and anything that can be made with meringues, too ~ :D ), and pie crusts.  Nothing beats a scratch-batch of pudding or pie filling!  Even has a great recipe for lemon meringue pie, too ~ :P   I've tried some of the newer versions, but they are so sicky sweet.

I'll share recipes if anyone wants 'em, okay?

Hey all and good afternoon! Fixing to go get some running done and then probably take the kids to the park for a little bit. Wear them out so they *hopefully* sleep better!  :lol  I wish!

Other than that, not doing much of anything today...

Katy, glad to hear you're doing better!  :hug s

Well, off I go. Need to finish getting everything together for the journey to good ol' Wallie World and the AT&T store!  :hug  s all!

Hello

I treated myself to a manicure and pedicure after work today, it's been a few years since I've done that but I think I should go more often :D. I've had dinner and started a load of laundry now I think I'll do a little sewing.

Hope everyone has a great night.​

Quick stop in.  We have a pace maker appointment at 8, so we got up at 6.

Then on to look at a new recliner and a new TV.  One busy day today.

Try and get on later.

Company was good to see.

Good Morning

Tampa Doll/Guy hope your appt. goes well,also hope you get a good deal on recliner and tv

the weather is nice,going to be in the 80's,something is blooming out,lots of sneezing,getting ready to have second coffee

have a great day everyone

Mary Jo hope dr appointment goes well and that you find the recliner and tv you are looking for. I have been looking for a recliner off and on for awhile now. There have been several I basically got stuck in because I couldnt get the footrest back down. Either dh has to help me get the footrest down or I have to roll myself out over the side.

Carole one day I noticed the chili parlor we like to stop at for tacos had cream pies with meringue. They buy them but they are very good. I have my grandma's recipes. She made banana, coconut, chocolate, and butterscotch.

Linda I hope you can recreate your stocking. I really like it. Is it open in the toe part like a real stocking?

Mary Jo hope dr appointment goes well and that you find the recliner and tv you are looking for. I have been looking for a recliner off and on for awhile now. There have been several I basically got stuck in because I couldnt get the footrest back down. Either dh has to help me get the footrest down or I have to roll myself out over the side.

Carole one day I noticed the chili parlor we like to stop at for tacos had cream pies with meringue. They buy them but they are very good. I have my grandma's recipes. She made banana, coconut, chocolate, and butterscotch.

Linda I hope you can recreate your stocking. I really like it. Is it open in the toe part like a real stocking?

well Brenda

I've made 4 stockings so far and every toe is a bit different, no its a faux toe,doesn't open into the rest of the stocking

oh forgot to ask,would felt or fabric stockings work for them or do they just want yarn ones?

well Brenda

I've made 4 stockings so far and every toe is a bit different, no its a faux toe,doesn't open into the rest of the stocking

oh forgot to ask,would felt or fabric stockings work for them or do they just want yarn ones?

I dont know on the fabric or felt. Cindy has done sewn ones from denim for them.

http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2012/09/11/mini-denim-christmas-socks/

Tampa Doll, I hope all went well with your appointment and your shopping was successful.

Today's fun included work, grocery shopping and cleaning out the refrigerator woohoo. I'm enjoying a bacon and lettuce sandwich for dinner and then hopefully do some stitching.

Have a good evening.

Archived