Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Hey everyone. I am still sick. I just wanted to pop in. See how everyone is doing. I am a little better. Go back to DR on May 19.  I will stay in touch when I feel good, again. Gotta go. Feeling tired. :ghug

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning.  This has been one crazy week.

The Dr. appointment was to check the pacemaker and make sure it is working ok.  They told Tampa Guy he has 4 more years.  He asked the girl how much longer does he have and she said not sure, but your pacemaker has 4 more.  :rofl 

From there we went to Michael's near Costco.  The largest Michael's in the area and they had NOTHING!!! :angry   Unless you wanted to do scrap booking, jewelry or flowers. :sigh 

We went to Best Buy and got the new TV.  It will be delivered on Friday next week.  We never got to the furniture store, I was worn out by the time we finished with Best Buy.  So we will look for a recliner later.  We are looking at the ones who have the lift in them, you know to help you get up.  Brenda I have had the same problem with some recliners.  I can't sit  in the one we have now, as I can't put the foot rest down, yet the love seat recliner I have not trouble with.

Today is wash day and finishing up the pocket for the tote.  Think of trees and leaves. :devil 

The dryer is calling and I have to answer.  Have a good day.

Snowbear I hope you start feeling better soon.

Katie have you hear anything from Amy or Donna on owlvamp?  I can try FB if they do not answer.

i have sent some emails in our owlvams behalf. bot to amy at the ville and ravelry once i looked up my password there ar rav lol

hopefully sandra will get some help soon. you might all those that can do the same. it seems to take a vwey long time for a reply if ever. it feels we are being abandoned as it were. what a long miserable and cruel death then for the ville if that be the case.

also the puffies have sailed. from Omaha Harbor on thir way to their new forever homes. a list of those who may expect a puffy to follow but first let me wish happy b day to all those in my absence and belated b day wishes.

lets see hopefully i have t forgotten many of the past dues b-days and if i did forget someone please remind me and ill send some squares ok yhanks to all for you patience!

charis

Owlvamp here come those bamboo hooks.!!!! enjoy!

Tribble

Carole

Rene

Snowbear

Holly.

Imafreak

a d tampa i have not fortotten you just-stuck on whatto send you still. lol

Surprise!  Surprise!  Surprise!  :yay   I got me a puffy today in the mail from KatyAllen!  :hug   And that's okay, too, that it's better late than never ~ :D   The squares are wonderful and they'll look great!  I can hardly wait to get them all assembled!  Thank you so much!

Hope you're having a good day, too!  We're getting rain storms all day, started last night.  :rain   Hopefully it will finish running it's course tomorrow and be a sunny Sunday for us ~  :dance

Well Mary Jo hoping Tampa Guy has way more than 4 years to go. I swear I feel like some of those chairs are trying to hold me hostage. Guess I never built up the right muscles since my old chair has a lever to operate the footrest. At least you decided on a tv. I think that pretty well sums up Michaels stores here too. One that I stop at has more yarn than the others but thats not saying much.

Snowbear glad you checked in.

Sandra hope you are okay and make it back soon. I have been checking for you on Ravelry.

Katy you are on a roll with those puffies

Carole it was supposed to rain here Wed then Wed night then Thurs---still hasnt shown up. Its been cloudy and cold---started the day in the 30's kind of rough after all those hot days.

So, today was interesting! After I got Bobby on the bus and Mom got up, we went and got 2 dozen baby chicks...of unknown gender, but looking at them I *think* they're mostly hens?

And then I get home to find a puffy of beautiful squares from a certain Katy on here! I love them! Thank you!

I'm going to try to post the pics I took, but if I can't, well...

Anywho, I hope all are well or quickly mending! :hug s all!

post-41261-0-95596000-1492822664_thumb.jpg

post-41261-0-75601900-1492822690_thumb.jpg

post-41261-0-82656600-1492822771_thumb.jpg

Carole it was supposed to rain here Wed then Wed night then Thurs---still hasnt shown up. Its been cloudy and cold---started the day in the 30's kind of rough after all those hot days.

This is our 3rd day of rain and storms, but tomorrow supposed to be the last rainy day, we hope.  It hasn't been too cold, until today about 50-ish.  Even had to turn on the heat.  I'm sure that 30* was a bit of a change for sure!  We must have gotten the rain that you was suppose to get, ya think? LoL  I think it was coming from the northeast (your direction)!  Hope you get those warm temps back again, tho, real soon.

Ok you can send the rain down here.  We need it bad.  I hate to see my water bill when it comes next week.

Sandra contacted me and said she heard from Amy an sent her the IP address.  Since then she has heard nothing.  She even checked with her internet provider and they rebooted and everything, still nothing.  She says Hi and hopes to be back soon.

Another hot day with clouds, but no rain.  Have to put water in the pool soon.

Off to see what trouble I can get into.

Have fun today,

It rained here,must have slept through it,the sun is shining here now.

I heard about the fires over in Volusia county,thats the area my sister in law lived when they were in the states,but her hubby didn't like it and they went back to Germany(long story)

budget cuts hit the community college that Bill works at,no work between semester breaks,4 day work week with shorter hrs each day,that will mean a 200.00 drop in take home pay,plus what am I going to do,having him underfoot all the dang time?

Hi all!

We've been getting the rain here too, Tampadoll. It came after I did the weeding and planting, so everything has been getting lots of water on its own.:) Because it's been so wet, I didn't make the trek to dd's college to bring some of her accumulated things back. She is on the 6th floor and I really am not looking forward to it. I will have to go this week, at some point.

Katiebug- I love the squares and the chicks are soooo darn cute!

Pineknott- that is too bad about the fires.:(

Hi all!

We've been getting the rain here too, Tampadoll. It came after I did the weeding and planting, so everything has been getting lots of water on its own. :) Because it's been so wet, I didn't make the trek to dd's college to bring some of her accumulated things back. She is on the 6th floor and I really am not looking forward to it. I will have to go this week, at some point.

Katiebug- I love the squares and the chicks are soooo darn cute!

Pineknott- that is too bad about the fires. :(

those fires aren't around here,but down in Florida

Okay MJ, I have marked April 2021 on my calendar so we can remind TG to get the pacemaker changed :lol :lol :lol

Busy day today helping Josh ( ds#3) move. We might not be able to move tomorrow :lol  poor Chris already took some ibprophen when we got home... we are not use to lifting furniture like that!

Got some star wars figures crocheted from a kit I bought. Probably for Jake's bday

Had an interesting call on speaker from my aunt, uncle and grandmother wanting me to decided what my grandmother should wear for her viewing when she dies.. I told her to go with the purple...

Anyhow, waiting  on a thunder storm to come through. sipping a glass of wine and probably going to bed early...

hi all

quickie check in i too am happy snowbear checked in and hope sandra will be back soon too. you all sure have been getting rain lately huh and those fires wow huh.

no harsh weather here little rain now and the. to keep things green lol.

glad some of you are getting your puffies i have been worrying if they got lost or something. lol

well nothing much elseto report so off for now. see ya soon.

Thanks Lea.  I can't believe it was changed 6 years ago.

Yeah the fires are mostly on the East coast, we had some between us and Disney a couple of weeks ago, but they are not contained.

I had to laugh at the phone conversation.  I remember John's aunt saying if they did not lay her out in a dress, she would come back and haunt us.

Hope Chris is feeling better.  It gets rough on the old guys moving things.  :rofl 

Good Morning

much cooler this morning and wet,before Tuesday we could have approx.4 inches of rain

I' m reading a book now,that every couple of pages I need to write the word down so I can look it up,good thing the stories are interesting,the book is called Always By My Side by Edward Grinnan,its also a bit of a tear jerker and I'm not even a dog person

Hello.

I've been bsy with the grandbaby for a couple of days. Early this morning I woke up to rain but by the time I got to church the sky looked clear so I left the umbrella in the car, so of course it was raining again when church finished and it's still raining. But a rainy day makes for a good day in the sewing room, hopefully I'll finish up the little dress I've been working on. That's about it for my little corner of the world.

Cool starts the past two mornings even a bit of frost on the windshield this morning but it has warmed up nicely. Sun is shining and its a gorgeous day out. Yesterday dh changed oil, air filters, and sharpened the blades on my sisters and my dads push mowers. He got another mower started that sis said she couldnt start last year. He helped her make a list of spark plugs and filters to pick up for lawn mowers and weedeater. He serviced the chain saw and leaf blower last fall. Next chance he gets oil should be changed in dads tiller. Meanwhile I went to run errands with my sis and ladies I want to tell you flower basket sale day at Sutherlands is as crazy as shopping Fri after Thanksgiving or the day after Christmas. I didnt even see it at its peak. Sis had been up there earlier and decided to go later. It was definitely a two woman job---one to pick flowers out and another to stay with the cart. Later my niece was reminiscing how she and her cousin Chris would go with us when they were kids and watch the carts. She didnt have a choice but he always wanted to come stay for a night or two and he knew what we would be doing.

Don't fall out of your chairs ladies but it looks like I can post now. That was a long time.

I had lots of time for journaling. I need to get to work on a pig hat for an infant for pictures.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Check in later.

wow good youare backsandra!! and you areqlcome glad they went to a good home!! its been quite a while that you eere down do you k ow how long?? you have to catch up lol like i did!! glad you are back though and how is the dogie doing??

i still havent gotten to whatever doton scraps i may have ut if i have some ill send to you ok

everyone else how are you all doing?? how are the little ones, the family the moms and dads and pets all doing ?? spring is here for sure now and the weather is jusr great!

i finally did some dusting and did the bedroom first as if you wanted to wrie your name on any hard surface in there on would have had to bring his or her own engraver and or chisal to do so!!! it was about that thick lol but i m slowly getting some things done and out of the way so all is good!!

hope all the puffys arrived safely and or come soon!! im still doing a few squares till something. comes into mind i want to crochet.

lol.

everyone is keeping busy i presume so that is good.

i bet all your flowers are starting to poke up huh. well Ll i aill sign off for right now and talk to you all later so take care ok. ❌⭕️❌⭕️

Hercule's is doing okay. He is a champ and never leaves my side and is upset when I need to leave. I never leave him for long and daughter watches him for me. I would take him but with all his sickness I don't want him car sick. That's terrible.

I've just been sorting through stuff looking for a proper bag for my yarn when I go out. I like to have it with me for when I have to wait for any length of time I crochet. I came up with a bag for now. It's one of those $1.00 bags you buy for grocery's. It will do for now.

hi all

quickie check in i too am happy snowbear checked in and hope sandra will be back soon too. you all sure have been getting rain lately huh and those fires wow huh.

no harsh weather here little rain now and the. to keep things green lol.

glad some of you are getting your puffies i have been worrying if they got lost or something. lol

well nothing much elseto report so off for now. see ya soon.

Mine came yesterday. Thank you so much. I love them :hug

Archived