Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

How y

ou know you are watching too much msnbc 1.

you know Rachel Maddow ). ' Chris (hayes) and Chris (Matthews ) by their voice and two

you know what time they all have their shows on. lol. just sayin'. have a good evening all!!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I journal every single night. I doodle, draw and play with ink pads and paints. It's my way of staying sane in this crazy world of mine right now. Sense I can't crochet at the moment I've thrown myself into more of journaling. I am so in to drawing different trees. Not sure why but they speak to me.

I even vacuumed the house today and shampoo'd two rooms.

post-73065-0-45025500-1491438103_thumb.jpeg

post-73065-0-58975600-1491438126_thumb.jpeg

post-73065-0-88860200-1491438148_thumb.jpeg

post-73065-0-61992900-1491438170_thumb.jpeg

By all means I'm not artistic or good at but I do my best and I love it.

Here is a couple more. This is the first time for to ever show anyone. Been thinking about deleting them just because I feel like it exposes me. I don't know.

All the sitting beside Hercule's and rubbing him with one and doodling with the other. It's fun and kept me from some dark places. Now need to get to crocheting. Wanted to complete a few things for Easter , not happening. Oh well!!

post-73065-0-79201100-1491438716_thumb.jpeg

post-73065-0-09317800-1491438737_thumb.jpeg

First let me wish #1crochetfan a Happy Birthday. :bday 

Love the journals Sandra, that is one way to keep busy, but I hope to send a bag of cotton scraps this weekend. I hope you do not mind that they are not all rolled up.

Katy I buy most of my supplies on line.  The Michael's and Joann's here in the local area do not have a whole lot to offer, unless you are into flowers or scrapbooking.  The HL is about an hour away, so that has to be a planned trip, with as DH says, packing a lunch. :rofl   I have found a lot of nice places to buy beads, yarn and such, that are not the big named places.  They add a nice touch to the package sometimes.  One place I ordered yarn from, had it packed in a nice silky draw string bag, instead of plastic.  Another I ordered beads from added a container of different size buttons in the same color as my beads. Sometimes I buy thru Amazon, especially if I need it fast.

Well, it is cloudy and rainy here and of course I have to go out.  Asthma Dr. appointment today, 6 month check-up. 

Have a fun day today. :hug  :hug 

hi all. good morning! oh sandra good for you!! nice hobbies i wish i dould draw but daughter is the artist in this family!! and she got it rom my mom lol she dould draw anything and so can daughter but skipped my generarion!!

changing the bed today. i will strip it and handy will help me make it up again!! I got a get well soon gift from a sis in Idaho with new sheets and pillow cases and a new warmie electic blankee so will get those on soon as the mattress pad is done in the dryer.

Made two granny squares already this am as i was up early couldnt sleep. got a call last night from sis and she is.in the hospital the one that lives in iowa just across the river. she went in for her stomache problems (Diagnosed diverticuitis and or crones disease) and the took a scan and discovered a mass in her left lung so now with all the other she is supposes to have a biopsy this am. waiting dor the call but she wont know today as biopsy will have to be sent to lab first so please keep her in your thoughts aand prayers today. i will keep you updated. so that is probably why i didnt sleep much.

so that is all the news for now will be back later.

oh and sandra i have most everyones addys in my file so that is already done i guess. if you do the email and number if so given then we are covered huh. less one of us goes mia.

❌⭕❌⭕❤♥

Sandra I like your journals and you are much better at drawing than I am.The fact that it makes you happy is what counts. My doodles are just scribbly lines to fill a paper.

That bright orange thing is in the sky today but its rather chilly out. We have had 13 days straight with rain showers

just a quick hello

storms are starting to brew,winds are swirling about.

Rene' does journaling,and mixed media painting/doodling,it relaxes her and gives her,her zen moments

enjoy the rest of the day

storms have passed,lots of heavy downpours

forgot to mention,the tree that was struck by lightning last summer,pulled through,its all green,its one that sets my allergies off,so if it hurries up and blooms out,I'll be happy

i

hi all of you. yep i liked your doodles too lol you did good!,

well after really nosleep last night i do hope i can sleep befter tonight!, i thought about taki g a nap this aft but didnt cos i want to be able to sleep tonight.

i was in the living room for a change of views today and noticed how dusty things llooked out there sheesh. men dont think to dust must consider it below them lol. i will get to it soon im sure.

ok sigh ing off for a bit see you all later have. a good evening.

Sandra Love your journals, I like to paint over random things; I like how you are doodling in a calendar. I found some old car repair books that had pretty sturdy pages and they were free at the library swap shelf.

Glad Jade is feeling better

Katy prayers for your sis and I hope you sleep better tonight.

Brenda, I'm still waiting for a good time for my dad to help me download pictures so I can post.

Well, greetings!  Just got back from our Ohio trip to Uncle Eldor's funeral..... spent so much time crocheting in the car I got six rabbits and 5 stockings done, after I stiffin the bunnies and weave in ends I'll post them...

sandra, loved your journal...

Tomorrow is my Mom's " fieldtrip"... I am going as a chaperone.... I'll report back in...

Long day so I am " hitting the hay"...

Happy Birthday #1Crochetfan...

Linda its always interesting to hear about life in places you have lived.

Carole I have been amazed at how many in our group have ties to the Navy. Dh was in the Navy on a carrier and then in the reserves but that was all before me. Now he is in Coast Guard Auxiliary

That is pretty awesome!  My dad was in the Navy, too.  Both his sister and brother were in the Marines.  I had often thought of joining the Navy while I was in high school, but life took another turn ~ :)  Things have been so shakey in our economy that my son decided to just stay in and retire.  It's been good to him ~ he's been to Georgia, California, Japan, Virginia and now Florida.

Hi all. So miss Jade has the stomach flu (started last Thursday) but she's on the up swing for the most part. Except for accident in her play yard last night :( poor baby. She's still on a liquids only diet for most of today with maybe a few bits of dry foods to see if they stay down.

Also, I had a dream last night that Amy and Donna had a summit meeting and a bunch of us were there; they told us they were closing the ville as they were tired of all of us bothering them with our problems. Idk. It was weird.

I hope Jade is feeling better ~ :)   Little ones suffer so when they're sick, and moms always hate to see them like this, too.  We feel so helpless.

That is strange dream, heh? :reyes  Hope it doesn't happen!

good morning

sun is shining,temperatures are 15 degrees less than yesterday,still windy

this area hardly ever had worries of tornadoes,they'll be out again today to see if one touched down in Sandbridge area yesterday evening

Good Morning.  It is a bright, cool, crisp morning today.  A great day to go out and work in the yard or something. 

I spent most of the day yesterday working on a lamb that was on Drops Easter Calendar.   Out of the last 4, 3 are crocheted.  It is a cute pattern, but a little confusing the way they wrote it. 

Glad to hear Miss Jade is feeling better.  It is tough on Mom when the little ones get sick.

Well, I am off to make breakfast.  Have a good day.

We have sunshine again today but it started out cool with scattered frost.

Lea glad you made it back and hope the field trip goes ok. We want to see those bunnies and stockings!

Linda seems like its been a pretty active tornado season so far this year. I am ready for it to be over.

Thanks all! I do love it.

I happy to hear that Jade is feeling better.

Just checking in for a second.

Back to my duties tonight. Not sleeping yet and have some things. Need to get done.

Sleep tight everyone!

You sound like me, staying up late to get other things done around the house ~ :lol   I couldn't get to bed early if my life depended on it!  But then again, with hubby around during the day, it makes it hard to get floors mopped or any real cleaning done that I want to get done ~ LoL  It's more like a lick-and-a-promise cleaning! :D

Hope you had a restful night and will have a good day today.  The weekend is just about here now ~ yay!

good morning

sun is shining,temperatures are 15 degrees less than yesterday,still windy

this area hardly ever had worries of tornadoes,they'll be out again today to see if one touched down in Sandbridge area yesterday evening

Our weather has been a bit unpredictable around here.  We had tornado activity several miles around us, but nothing threatening us.  One day it's stormy and dark, maybe some rain . . . then the next will drop in temps and put a chill in the air.  Today is sunny and suppose to be getting warmer each day, again.  Last night was down to 42* so had the heater back on again, too.  I checked my cherry tomato seeds I planted a few days ago and now we've got sprouts coming up! :clap   Hubby always thinks I'm a strange one for planting seeds even as late as July ~ LoL ~ but hey!  I have faith they'll come up and produce (maybe a little "blind faith", but faith none the less ~ LoL).

Glad to hear you staying safe in the tornado threats, too!  Hope your week is ending well ~ :) 

No didn't sleep well. By the time I got to bed Hercule's had me up at 5 with his acid reflux. It's so bad and it took me about 4 hours to calm him down. I am so exhausted then got a phone this morning about grandson. It's not good at all. So I have been beside myself and will be off the board a few days or so to get things sorted and to deal with that.

I do hope everyone is doing good.

Talk later.

got my days runing done,library,I must be there alot,one of the librians passsed by me and said Hi Mrs. B,I thought to myself wow

I think I've run to the end of the bookshots,till he comes out wth more,my  favorite was Killer Chef,about a cop who runs a food service van

Lovin2crochet,what came to mind was the amount of faith in the size of a mustard seed,one of my dear friends in HS,gave me a mustard seed charm.

hi all. sandra more grief for you?? it seems to never end for you lately!! i sure hope all works out!!

sis went home today but still awaiting lab results so we really know nothing yet.

i have your hooks in a puffy sandra and will go out middle of the month with the other puffies ok.

i spent most of the day in the craft room sorting and organizing stuff. looking at the yarn and imagining what i can make with it all lol.

besides a few squares though i have no immediate plans to start somethin bigger yet lol.

ok all for now have a good evening!!

Sandra, so sorry about Herc and your grandson... Pineknott... I have a mustard seed charm too.. such a gerat reminder..

Brenda the field trip went so well, Mom and I went to Golden Corral and she was so happy, it triggered a bunch of good memories for her... it was probably the best day I have had with her in two years!!  I must have grinned the whole way home!

Tomorrow is yard work and  dinner at MIL's.. my FIL's brother is coming in from out of town...  Long but good day... and hopefully I can finish the 6th of my angels.

Archived