Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

No didn't sleep well. By the time I got to bed Hercule's had me up at 5 with his acid reflux. It's so bad and it took me about 4 hours to calm him down. I am so exhausted then got a phone this morning about grandson. It's not good at all. So I have been beside myself and will be off the board a few days or so to get things sorted and to deal with that.

I do hope everyone is doing good.

Talk later.

How old is your Hercules, Owlvamp?  Poor puppie ~ :worried  Sure do wish he'd get better for you.

Sorry to hear about grandson, too, and hope things will turn around for him.

Thoughts and prayers for you and all ~ :hug

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hercule's will be 4 on September 11 of this year. Yes, he's young to have this but sense his surgery which was very intensive for him and he's lucky to be here. He will most likely have acid reflux the rest of his life. He does have good days and bad. I have done so much research that it's exhausting now to do anymore. Honestly the vets have been no help for much of it. he has had a few good days and then wakes me up at 5 and back to 4 hours struggling with it. We ended up laying on the couch together with me just rubbing hi and talking to him which helps to calm him down and eventually he falls a sleep. It's horrible I promise. Most of the time it works but not all the time.

The mother on grandson is a piece of work. Not much news and I am totally beside my self. She absolutely just doesn't care about anyone's feelings except her own.....I'm tired of dealing with it.

Ok I have had enough of this cold.  This is Florida for goodness sake.  We are not suppose to be getting up when it is in the 50's in the morning and still chilly by noon.

Love the squares and the stockings.  That Angel is really pretty.

You will get use to not doing things like floors and stuff when hubby is home.  When I want to do the kitchen floor, I open the bedroom door and the back door so hubby can go that way if he must go to the Master bedroom or bathroom. 

I have been working on the lamb from the Drops Easter Calendar.  It is finally done and I also made a yarn hair doll called Bubble Gum.  Here is the lamb, and when I get the doll's picture taken I will show her to you.

attachicon.gifEaster Lamb Paschal 001 (2).JPG  He looks like Lambchop.

Adorable!

ok cshort your listing is changed. thank you!

Thank you!

Lea I am so glad it was a good outing with your mom. Please show us your bunnies. I didnt do any Easter things so I am enjoying everyone elses.

Rene' great job on the stockings. Seems like you whipped them out in no time.

Carole cute angel you sent Teresa.

Carol glad you popped in. I had noticed you hadnt been here in awhile

Mary Jo I thought it looked like Lamb Chop too. Then I thought how long it had been since I watched Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop on tv. Then I just felt old. Last couple of nights we only dropped to around 50 at night and made upper 70s in afternoon. Its sticky humid out now with very strong winds. A cold front is moving in with rain.

Katy hi to you. I am so glad to see you back more and more.

Well these are my stockings for the week. Working them just makes me happy.All the yellow ones except one are from Mary Jo's pattern. attachicon.gif20170402_110154.jpgattachicon.gif20170402_111053.jpg

That's a lot of cute stockings, you've been busy.

Popping in to say hello while the grandkids are having some down time and watching a movie. I'm on spring break so I went and picked up my 2 oldest grandkids for the week. I also had the baby here yesterday and will have her again on Thursday. I'm having lots of fun with all of them. Have a great day everyone.

Hercule's will be 4 on September 11 of this year. Yes, he's young to have this but sense his surgery which was very intensive for him and he's lucky to be here. He will most likely have acid reflux the rest of his life. He does have good days and bad. I have done so much research that it's exhausting now to do anymore. Honestly the vets have been no help for much of it. he has had a few good days and then wakes me up at 5 and back to 4 hours struggling with it. We ended up laying on the couch together with me just rubbing hi and talking to him which helps to calm him down and eventually he falls a sleep. It's horrible I promise. Most of the time it works but not all the time.

The mother on grandson is a piece of work. Not much news and I am totally beside my self. She absolutely just doesn't care about anyone's feelings except her own.....I'm tired of dealing with it.

Oh, poor Hercules ~ :(   What does he have wrong with him??  Is he the Great Dane(?) in your pic, or the smaller dog?  I know Boxers and Bulldogs have gastro problems (they fart a lot ~ LoL).  But seriously, any stomach or intestinal problems are no fun with our pets, that's for sure.  Does he have a special diet, too?

My heart goes out to you with the problems with dght.  Mine was a rip-tear-snorter, too.  Very rebellious and drove me nuts while she was a teen.  Once she got something in her head, about whatever she "thought" you were saying or doing, there was no convincing her otherwise . . . she had all the answers and knew you were wrong.  It's been 25 yrs now that she has decided to contact me, and MAYBE work on our relationship??  :reyes   I have only seen her about 4 times during these years, and have only met her 3 children twice ~ they're all in their teens now!

As I've been cleaning out that closet in my craft room this morning, I came across a box of letters and found one that she had written to my dad.  She had told my dad that she wasn't allowed to move back home unless she gave her baby up for adoption!??  A total lie!  DH was in the process of adding a bedroom onto our house so she and her baby could come home after she delivered it (she was at a home for unwed mothers, in hopes of saving her relationship with baby's father . . . he wanted her to get an abortion instead!).  Anyway, she ended up calling me at 11:30pm at night, telling me she didn't want this child and to get hold of whoever would want to adopt it!!??  She was due any day at this time.  Yeah, I totally understand what you're going thru, Sandra ~ :(   And it tears your heart right out of your chest at times.  Since my dght was 20 yrs old, we were told whatever SHE decides, we had no say in her decisions . . . just what a rebellious young person should hear, right?  There are SO many things we would do differently, that's for sure, but hind-sight is always better than fore-sight ~ :reyes

I just hope everything will go better for you and things will work out for the good.  You will remain in my thoughts and prayers, Sandra ~ :hug 

Hey all and good afternoon! Not much going on over here on my end today, except a horrible migraine.  :(  Even thinking hurts right now, and I even took something for it a few hours ago. 

Owlvamp, sorry to hear about your grandson and the probs with his mom. Hope he gets well soon and that you hear something sooner than that. 

Well, back off I go, looking at the screen is making my head hurt more. Hope everyone is well or mending!  :hug s all!

oh my migraines and doggie and granson woes huh sorry to hear all that.

heard fromsis ysterday ahe has an appr with the cncer sr on the 19th and they will discuss the best treatment regime for i. I wont know any more till then. she has been a heavy amoker for over 35 years. still trouble with her diverticulitus as well.

was in the craft room for hours today just piddli ng around. cleNed out a shelf for the John GrishM books to go in and put awayafewother little things. cleaned doen my worktable and chair side table both off and threw away some yearor more old calendars. i had sVedthem cause i like the pics iguess

and cleaned out and re-organized and updated my password bok too. tested them outto se if they werestill goos and only had to change a couple lol. so that took awhile. all for now. byeeee.

Lea I am so glad it was a good outing with your mom. Please show us your bunnies. I didnt do any Easter things so I am enjoying everyone elses.

Rene' great job on the stockings. Seems like you whipped them out in no time.

Carole cute angel you sent Teresa.

Carol glad you popped in. I had noticed you hadnt been here in awhile

Mary Jo I thought it looked like Lamb Chop too. Then I thought how long it had been since I watched Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop on tv. Then I just felt old. Last couple of nights we only dropped to around 50 at night and made upper 70s in afternoon. Its sticky humid out now with very strong winds. A cold front is moving in with rain.

Katy hi to you. I am so glad to see you back more and more.

Well these are my stockings for the week. Working them just makes me happy.All the yellow ones except one are from Mary Jo's pattern. attachicon.gif20170402_110154.jpgattachicon.gif20170402_111053.jpg

How cute the socks are!  I love the red-white-n-blue ones especially.  You make these for children, with little goodies inserted into them?  What a great idea for them, too.

I remember Sherry Lewis and her Lambchop, too ~ :lol   I've got a Lambchop stuffy, too, that I'd bought some years ago.  He is so cute!  I love my stuffed animals, so my bed usually is loaded with them ~ LoL

Morning all, quick stop in. Going to try to get something done today, just not sure what...the lawn needs done again, and I have another ton of laundry to do. Not sure what I'm going to get done yet, head is still hurting  :( 

Gonna hop back off here. Hope everyone is well!  :hug s

Oh, poor Hercules ~ :(   What does he have wrong with him??  Is he the Great Dane(?) in your pic, or the smaller dog?  I know Boxers and Bulldogs have gastro problems (they fart a lot ~ LoL).  But seriously, any stomach or intestinal problems are no fun with our pets, that's for sure.  Does he have a special diet, too?

Hercule's had a blockage that he needed surgery on his small intestines. They literally removed all his intestines because he had four to five tiny holes leaking bile inside of him. They had to clean all that out and his gall bladder wasn't working at the time. Ever sense then he has had acid reflux bad. I mean really bad. I know it burns his throat and he can't get relief from it. I know I went through the same thing cause I actually had a hernia in my stomach . I had surgery and I haven't had acid reflux or heart burn over 3 years . Migraines are back with a vengeance though. So I know how Hercule's feels. Hercule's is an American Bulldog. The one in my picture is Tank. Hercule's dad. Nope they don't have a lot of gas. Or maybe it's what I feed them and they do not get table scraps. I do have a English Bulldog too. And She is just wonderful. Not a lot gas with her either. She is on the small side weight is 32 lbs and probably will get a tad thicker but that's it. She is tiny compared to her litter and parents. So maybe the gas thing is if you feed them the wrong foods. Either way I am happy not a lot of it.

My heart goes out to you with the problems with dght.  Mine was a rip-tear-snorter, too.  Very rebellious and drove me nuts while she was a teen.  Once she got something in her head, about whatever she "thought" you were saying or doing, there was no convincing her otherwise . . . she had all the answers and knew you were wrong.  It's been 25 yrs now that she has decided to contact me, and MAYBE work on our relationship??  :reyes   I have only seen her about 4 times during these years, and have only met her 3 children twice ~ they're all in their teens now!

As I've been cleaning out that closet in my craft room this morning, I came across a box of letters and found one that she had written to my dad.  She had told my dad that she wasn't allowed to move back home unless she gave her baby up for adoption!??  A total lie!  DH was in the process of adding a bedroom onto our house so she and her baby could come home after she delivered it (she was at a home for unwed mothers, in hopes of saving her relationship with baby's father . . . he wanted her to get an abortion instead!).  Anyway, she ended up calling me at 11:30pm at night, telling me she didn't want this child and to get hold of whoever would want to adopt it!!??  She was due any day at this time.  Yeah, I totally understand what you're going thru, Sandra ~ :(   And it tears your heart right out of your chest at times.  Since my dght was 20 yrs old, we were told whatever SHE decides, we had no say in her decisions . . . just what a rebellious young person should hear, right?  There are SO many things we would do differently, that's for sure, but hind-sight is always better than fore-sight ~ :reyes Shes an ex- daughter in law and what she has done with her life for the past 15 years is unreal. She honestly doesn't want to be bothered but, then she also doesn't want them happy either and she is just plain freaking jealous of me and the relationship I have with them ... I can't explain it any other way or honestly as mother can't wrap my head around it. Believe me if I could change things 15 years ago I would. I love my grandsons to the universe and back but they don't deserve this at all. No ONE does. I am sorry that it was your daughter that did this to you. Thank you for sharing it with me too. It's a very difficult road to go down and live I know. But just in a year and half or this night mare will be put behind us. Only if we all can hang in there or something comes of it sooner.

I just hope everything will go better for you and things will work out for the good.  You will remain in my thoughts and prayers, Sandra ~ :hug 

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.

good morning all

guess it will be awhile till I can trim up the dusty miller in the 5 gallon tub.Its really hardy,this is the third season its stayed alive,anyway a small bird decided that was a good place for her nest.Bill put out all the bedraggled plants out,that overwintered in the garage,some are downright pitiful looking,but know from years previous they bounce back and are show pieces by mid summer,has anyone cut back or transplanted a holiday cactus( Christmas cactus)? this one is just getting too big,mil did it before,but I never really watched when she did it.

more sorting and cleaning the garage,enjoy the day

Too bad you don't take nexium or the Pepcid you can get with a prescription to try for Hercules. You could always try some over the counter Pepcid or such. I know that my nexium works for my acid reflux and am currently trying it out on one of our puppies that vomits a lot and seems to be getting skinner. I havn't seen any vomit since I started giving this to her. She's on day three of this medicine. In one week I'm going to take her off of it and see if the vomiting recurs to see if it is a stomach issue or if she just overeats then vomits. If she begins vomiting again, I am going to put her back on it and try giving it to her every other day and see if that works. I am able to only take half the dose of the Nexium I am prescribed so I can share with her...

Acid reflux is horrible. I can't even drink water when I decide to not take my nexium, my stomach hurts so bad from heartburn and my throat is so sore as well. Then if  I sleep on my back The bile will flow up and try to drown me, I'll wake up coughing and gasping etc.

I hope you are able to find something that works for him.

Good Morning.

I have been working on a man eating plant for Tampa Guy and it cracks me up everytime I look at it.

I have been trying to straighten up around here, as my daughter, granddaughter, daughter's boyfriend and his daughter will come to visit on Tuesday.  His parents live in Madira Beach (?sp?) which is just down the road.  They will stop in for the day and I have to clean up a little.  His daughter goes nuts over my crocheted stuff. My Granddaughter is 19 and at that I don't really travel with these people stage.

Owlvamp, you should be getting a package today.   I did not get it out till Monday.

Well, I am off to close the door on the craft room, no one needs to see that.

Have a fun day and hugs all around.

When I had Sadie, our Boxer, the vet said that they have "gas problems".  But I'm sure it would help curb it with the food you feed, too.  We didn't feed her table scraps either.

I do know that food we feed our pets does affect them at times, too.  Our kitties can't eat Kit-n-Kaboodle(?) because it makes them throw it up.  Special Kitty we get at Walmart does okay with them.  And I bought some Pet Pride from our grocery store, and they LOVE this ~ LoL ~ it's the cheapy brand, too!  (Well, I say that, but it's the same price as Walmart for the same size bag.)  So that's their "treat" for a change of taste for them.  Our DaisyMay can't afford to be eating that on a regular basis, because she already has a weight problem, the little porker ~ LoL

After today, we will have the "kitty making factories" under control ~ yay!  All the girls will have been spayed!  Well, all except for "the wild one", Cleopatra/Cleo . . . she was NOT going to be caught and put in a carrier!  :eek   We've got 3 more wks left on the spaying voucher, so the dr said any time we can catch her, just give them a call to bring her in.  I just have to gain her trust and maybe work with her on the fear of being put into a carrier.  We will see ~ :think

Good Morning.

I have been working on a man eating plant for Tampa Guy and it cracks me up everytime I look at it.

I have been trying to straighten up around here, as my daughter, granddaughter, daughter's boyfriend and his daughter will come to visit on Tuesday.  His parents live in Madira Beach (?sp?) which is just down the road.  They will stop in for the day and I have to clean up a little.  His daughter goes nuts over my crocheted stuff. My Granddaughter is 19 and at that I don't really travel with these people stage.

Owlvamp, you should be getting a package today.   I did not get it out till Monday.

Well, I am off to close the door on the craft room, no one needs to see that.

Have a fun day and hugs all around.

Now that's not fair, you not showing us a pic of the "Man-eating Plant" ~ LoL  You've got my curiosity raised now!

Hope you have a marvelous day with all "the kids"!  Sounds like a fun day, for sure ~ :clap

Too bad you don't take nexium or the Pepcid you can get with a prescription to try for Hercules. You could always try some over the counter Pepcid or such. I know that my nexium works for my acid reflux and am currently trying it out on one of our puppies that vomits a lot and seems to be getting skinner. I havn't seen any vomit since I started giving this to her. She's on day three of this medicine. In one week I'm going to take her off of it and see if the vomiting recurs to see if it is a stomach issue or if she just overeats then vomits. If she begins vomiting again, I am going to put her back on it and try giving it to her every other day and see if that works. I am able to only take half the dose of the Nexium I am prescribed so I can share with her...

Acid reflux is horrible. I can't even drink water when I decide to not take my nexium, my stomach hurts so bad from heartburn and my throat is so sore as well. Then if  I sleep on my back The bile will flow up and try to drown me, I'll wake up coughing and gasping etc.

I hope you are able to find something that works for him.

Hey!  Tribble ~  Have you tried Tums??  I wonder if those would help with the acid reflux, too??  That must be so terrible!  I know I don't like it when I get those "seconds surprises", burns the daylights out of your throat, for sure!  I can't imagine a dog or puppy going thru that.  Hope the med, and maybe trying the Tums, helps those puppy dogs ~ Tribble and Owlvamp!

owlvamp ~ Shes an ex- daughter in law and what she has done with her life for the past 15 years is unreal. She honestly doesn't want to be bothered but, then she also doesn't want them happy either and she is just plain freaking jealous of me and the relationship I have with them ... I can't explain it any other way or honestly as mother can't wrap my head around it. Believe me if I could change things 15 years ago I would. I love my grandsons to the universe and back but they don't deserve this at all. No ONE does. I am sorry that it was your daughter that did this to you. Thank you for sharing it with me too. It's a very difficult road to go down and live I know. But just in a year and half or this night mare will be put behind us. Only if we all can hang in there or something comes of it sooner.

Well, you're not alone, Owlvamp ~ :hug   I have an "ex-dght-n-law from Hell", too.  Son tried staying with her for 8 yrs and 2 babies later, but it just never worked.  (It didn't help, him not listening when we told him ~ if the relationship isn't working, DON'T bring children into the marriage!  Children will not "fix" a broken marriage.)  He's lucky to see his boys once every 2 yrs!  It doesn't help with him being in the service, either, but she's not even trying to get the boys together with their father (Skype, phone calls, or anything).  We only get to see our grandsons when Son gets to, which makes it hard on everyone.  Situations like this really make it heartbreaking on everyone involved in families.  Really sad.

Hopefully, you can see this resolved and your grandsons will have some peace in their lives, knowing you and their grandpa loves them and can give them a better life.  I just thought, too . . . if the boys are in their teens, aren't they able to choose who they want to live with?? We'll be praying for your family ~ :hug 

Checking in.....

Busy getting my Easter basket stuff together. I cleaned the napkins and did the cookies. I made smaller loaves of bread this year and didn't dye any eggs. If I get a chance, tomorrow, I'll take a photo of it, put together. The basket will get blessed by the Priest on Saturday at noon, and then we can start celebrating.:)

Right now, I am so tired from being on my feet all day, I am ready to drop.

Not much else is new, except for 40 min, yesterday morning, my cat disappeared, in the house, before I went out. I left without knowing where he went or what I was to do if he didn't turn up, when I came home. When I got back, it seems that I closed him in, under the bathroom sink. I didn't remember going in there, and he wasn't crying to get out. It hit me, that in my mad frenzy of leaving in the morning, I went in the bathroom to get the laundry out of there and I opened under the sink to retrieve Chlorox Shower Cleanup. I sprayed it on the tiles in the tub, put it back under the sink, and never saw the cat go under there at all.-haha

What a mischievous cat! He really gave me a big scolding!!!

Checking in.....

Busy getting my Easter basket stuff together. I cleaned the napkins and did the cookies. I made smaller loaves of bread this year and didn't dye any eggs. If I get a chance, tomorrow, I'll take a photo of it, put together. The basket will get blessed by the Priest on Saturday at noon, and then we can start celebrating. :)

Right now, I am so tired from being on my feet all day, I am ready to drop.

Not much else is new, except for 40 min, yesterday morning, my cat disappeared, in the house, before I went out. I left without knowing where he went or what I was to do if he didn't turn up, when I came home. When I got back, it seems that I closed him in, under the bathroom sink. I didn't remember going in there, and he wasn't crying to get out. It hit me, that in my mad frenzy of leaving in the morning, I went in the bathroom to get the laundry out of there and I opened under the sink to retrieve Chlorox Shower Cleanup. I sprayed it on the tiles in the tub, put it back under the sink, and never saw the cat go under there at all.-haha

What a mischievous cat! He really gave me a big scolding!!!

On the way to my Aunt and Uncle's house we use to see all the Polish kids on Easter Sunday going to church with their Easter Baskets.  It has been a long time since I have seen or heard of this. 

We use to laugh, cause my Dad use to go to the butcher and ask for the unblessed Kielbasa. lol

I had to laugh at the cat being locked under the sink till you got home.  Then scolded you because you closed him in. :rofl 

#1 glad you found the cat and he was ok. Ours likes to hide and when we cant get her to come out its time to see if she got shut in the back room.

Mary Jo hope you have a good visit with your company.

Mailed out another batch of stockings today after a trip to the laundromat to wash cat blankets some rugs etc. Then stopped at the store so spent rest of day putting things away and processing veggies and fruit. It was really warm today----80's.

Archived