Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowbear your in my prayers, hope they find out what is going on.

Mary Jo  The Belly Dancer Bunny is cuter than could be imagined. Hare Roller Bunny is super cute too.

Carole (Lovin2Crochet) I know about having that dilemma :lol Hard choice :D

Not feeling great today, good thing today is a slow day for us.  Well occupational therapy ends this Friday and physical therapy ends the following week so things will slow down some, but then I can take care of some stuff for myself that I have been putting off :2blush   I need to go to ot myself for my wrist, I thought I was going to go right after Christmas, but then we had all these people coming to the house each week, I was just glad when we had a day that didn't have a dr. appointment in it!!!!

oh my gsh!, those bunnies both are too darn cute!! love them!,

got a few puffies ready to go mid month and have only a couple more to go and that will be all ready to go. i hope i got you prefs all right and poor carole. i looked at the puffy to you that came back date on that was Dec 21 so am so sorry i will put it in a new puffy with the right addy on it this time lol

mary jo did i hear you say you were out of a certain color of cotton?? lemme know ok.

ok everyone feel better and rene take a breath lol poor thing.

Nope not yet.  I did say if they would accept cotton for their squares, they could help me clean up my stash.

I am also very careful when I make a tote, that if it is the old PNC, that I have enough to finish the bag.

Beautiful day today.

We were suppose to have people come over to replace the pool pump, but they forgot to order the pump.  We ordered one from Amazon. ( yeah Amazon) It was $200 cheaper and we got it just now.  So we have to call them tomorrow morning and get them to come over to replace the new one with the old one.

Off to watch cooks vs cons on food channel.  Have a fun night.

Tampa Doll and anyone else that has scrap cotton balls or long strings. I would love to have them if you have no use for them. I absolutely love working with scrap cotton yarn and really could use what you want to give up.. I have used up all mine while nursing Hercule's back to a good health I believe. I believe we are on the ups right now. So he is sleeping right now so I thought I would jump on here and check in.

I seen the tote for April and it's awesome. As usual Mary Jo it's awesome. Through all my trips back and forth to the vet hubby left my window open (Hercule's threw up in the vehicle) uggg well someone stole my set of Susan bates bamboo hooks. All my favorite sizes, and my tote (Tampa Doll made) along with all my cotton yarn balls and a some skeins I just got to keep me busy., plus with my wallet. Unfornately it hasn't showed up yet. Replaced the drivers License , social security card. Money for Hercule's is lost. Talk about a bad month or so. It's been so crazy and I have been so so down and migraines not getting better. No medicine has touched them yet. I keep checking back and nothing. I hope whom ever got it is loving it. So now I have to wait to replace hooks for I am behind on things and can't just run out and get them. I need to be the person who has a ton of hooks. I sent sister the ones I won't use and gave grandson some. Oh well it's life. My rant over....

Have good evening everyone.

Snowbear I sure hope you are feeling better.

Take care all. Will check in when I can.

Daphne I love watching the birds In our back yard we have robins, blue jays and cardinals and several others that I don't know the names of!!!

What does peanut butter do with chilli?  first time I heard of it was when Katiebug posted.

Carole (Lovin2crochet), sorry you were having trouble with "arthir" glad to hear you and hubby are doing better.

Only got one square done yesterday, had to undo  2 rounds as I came up with 3 stitches too many, but luckily I was able to make it work.  I've got a slow day today for a change so I hope to get more than one square done today.   

I think Mr Tribble just likes the taste of the peanut butter with the chili. I just don't like peanut butter...

Good idea on the forever homes.

I have finished the Belly Dancer bunny and here she is.

attachicon.gifHare-M Dancer Bunny001 (2).JPG

Here she is with her friend Hare Roller Bunny

attachicon.gifSugar Bunnies (2).JPG

So cute!!!  They turned out great as did next months tote! So springy.

Just a quick check in!

Sandra, glad Hercules is on the up swing, but so sorry to hear about the migraines not getting better.  So sorry about the loss of the tote.  Man what is going on?  This is the second on stolen.  I know what you mean about hooks.  Tampa Guys says I could open a store will all I have.  I say "What and sell my yarn and hooks and stuff?"  Are you kidding?

Gloomy morning, we finally got our rain.

Well I am off to pack up the tote and get it ready to move to it's new house.

Have a great day and hugs to those who need them. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Morning!

Didn't sleep well last. Hercule's didn't have the best night. Acid reflux again. Hercule's is resting so I thought I would jump on here for a few.

It's raining really good here this morning. Thank goodness grass got mowed yesterday and I cleaned up the yard.. Swept off the sidewalk. The rain will wash away the pollen

I think people need what's in our bags more than we do. Only if they knew it means more to us than them. I just hope they didn't trash it. It also had a few Susan Bate hooks in from my mother. She has passed away 19 years ago and no getting those back. I have the memories I guess. Very sad. Oh well it's life and hubby won't be doing that again. Unfornately not everyone is trust worthy as we would like.

Have a good day everyone.

Unfornately no store here on hooks. Plus I have only Walmart here and they don't carry the hooks. So either I drive an hour away or order on line. Neither of those will happen for a while. I'll borrow one from daughter next week when she comes home from school. A whole stinking week.

What's everyone doing today?

Good morning all :hug

Good bright-n-early morning to you, too, ImmaFreek ~ :manyheart   :hug

How you doing?

I was up at 7:30am, but talked myself outa staying up ~ LoL  the bed was too nice and warm this morning!  In the 40's!!  brrrr!

Reminder ~ I need your addy so I can send some Happy Squares to you, okay?  I know, I know, it's done past your birthday, so can I call 'em "Happy Love Squares" then? :manyheart 

Unfornately no store here on hooks. Plus I have only Walmart here and they don't carry the hooks. So either I drive an hour away or order on line. Neither of those will happen for a while. I'll borrow one from daughter next week when she comes home from school. A whole stinking week.

What's everyone doing today?

I am so sorry to hear about the thieving that took place, Sandra!  That's terrible!  And after everything you've been going thru already, it's a shame.

Regarding the hooks ~ do you like any of the wooden ones, too, or any aluminum ones?  And what size are you needing in particular to get you by for now?  A whole week, waiting on a hook is a real bummer, too.

Hoping things will get better real soon for your doggie, Hercules, and for you and hubby, too.

Sandra I hope you and Hercules are feeling better soon. So sorry your tote and wallet and especially your mom's hooks were stolen. That just really stinks. I have my grandma's J hook that she used for hooking rugs. That was the only "crocheting" she did. I am working on some stockings for Warmth for Warriors. Cindy announced that a Ravelry group

is having a sock along for the troops for the next several weeks and if you are making stockings and want to share them, they have 2 random prizes that will be given away for stockings made during the sock along. No need to be a member of the group.

Linda seems like that respiratory stuff sneaks up on you fast. Sorry you had to go to the ER. Hope you are feeling better.

Its been dark damp and dreary all week but we got some badly needed rain.

I can use the aluminum ones Susan bates. My favorite sizes are 7, h, I J,k, l.. My got hooks are 7 , H, and I and J... I need to learn to only carry what I need. I had the entire bamboo set in there. A very expensive lesson to learn. I know Joann carries them separately . But can't get there for a few weeks or longer. But it's life. Thanks for asking.

Most likely won't check in for a little bit. Dang I have a roof leak. It's pouring so dang bad not sure where there is more rain inside or out. Insult ion got wet and it came through the attic to the kitchen. Dang dang dang. been cleaning up and emptying buckets. I'm tired and don't need but got to deal with it. And not got to figure out how to get it fixed. Hubby is home today thank goodness I had help.

Talk later he's calling me. Need to put towels in washer.

Nope not yet.  I did say if they would accept cotton for their squares, they could help me clean up my stash.

I am also very careful when I make a tote, that if it is the old PNC, that I have enough to finish the bag.

Beautiful day today.

We were suppose to have people come over to replace the pool pump, but they forgot to order the pump.  We ordered one from Amazon. ( yeah Amazon) It was $200 cheaper and we got it just now.  So we have to call them tomorrow morning and get them to come over to replace the new one with the old one.

Off to watch cooks vs cons on food channel.  Have a fun night.

Hey!  Where can I see a pic of the totes you are making?  They sound wonderful!

I can use the aluminum ones Susan bates. My favorite sizes are 7, h, I J,k, l.. My got hooks are 7 , H, and I and J... I need to learn to only carry what I need. I had the entire bamboo set in there. A very expensive lesson to learn. I know Joann carries them separately . But can't get there for a few weeks or longer. But it's life. Thanks for asking.

Most likely won't check in for a little bit. Dang I have a roof leak. It's pouring so dang bad not sure where there is more rain inside or out. Insult ion got wet and it came through the attic to the kitchen. Dang dang dang. been cleaning up and emptying buckets. I'm tired and don't need but got to deal with it. And not got to figure out how to get it fixed. Hubby is home today thank goodness I had help.

Talk later he's calling me. Need to put towels in washer.

Thanks for the info on your hook needs, Sandra ~ :hug

Dog-gone, girl!  When it rains, it pours!  (sorry for the pun, couldn't resist ~ :lol )  But we've gone thru the same thing here at our other house next door.  The slope roof over the kitchen has been leaking because of the wind last year turning the edges of the shingles up, so now rain blows underneath of them.  I feel for ya, Sandra!  And insurance?? yeah, right!  Called them, and their quote/suggestion was ~ we'll give you money for the shingles, but you'll have to pay for the labor??  You gotta be kidding!!  Needless to say, we didn't file the claim, which would have raised our premium, too.  Hubby patched it himself with rolled roofing and tar pitch ~ not pretty, but "was" functional at the time . . . until more high winds again ~ :(

Hope you can come out a lot better on your roof leak, tho.

Bgs

feeling somewhat better,I keep trying to go out and then get hit with a wave of nausea think it has something to do with the antibiotic

Sure hope you get to feeling better, Linda ~ :hug   Between allergies and this flu virus going around, it sure makes staying healthy a bit rough.  Some of these "cures" just about make it worth skipping, too!  I only lasted taking two of them antibiotic pills, causing the throwing up and sick feeling, so decided to just ride it out on letting the virus do its thing!

my goodnss. Sandra!!! you have had quite a year so far. i think you are in need of a good luck charm!! and some CARE packages too from some of us. i can help with some things but not giving up my tote lol. lets all check our supplies and see what we might be able to come up with. I would love. to replace your bamboo set with mine as i have never used it. it might not help you right away but at least youd know it was coming!! if you are interested i will send what i have mid month ok. im so sorry for all you troubles and i think we all will send some positive thoughts your wy too!!!

I might have some spare bates hooks too i will check. it. i would be glad to sent it mid month if you like!! and all of us will try to do whatever we can im sure!!

you have had a rough start. to the year so far huh.

a lot of us have i guess. i was thinking about the easter bunny today and why he does the eggs. he must steal them from egg layin birds cause baby rabbits dont lay eggs?. sowhat is up with that?

all for now more later. ❌⭕️❌⭕️

People wonder why I don't go out.  All you people are sick and you all spread the germs all around.  You should see me in a store when I hear someone sneeze.  I try and figure what aisle they are in and stay out of that one.  If I could, I would carry a can of Lysol.  They frown on you taking one off the shelf. :rofl 

I am gone for a day and Linda has bronchitis, roofs are leaking, we have thieves ...goodness!!

Gloomy  here today too and I kinda caught the mood,  Battled Walmart for an hour trying to get my prescription, finally they found it...found otu we have a trip to Ohio next week so I printed out the bunny pattern MY was doing and packed a bag so that can be my car / hotel project...  I have Mom's bday  next Saturday,  and I do have work one day next week... kinda makes me tired thinking about next week...

so far we are healthy though, except for durn arthur in my thumb... I need to be like Carole and get May squares out of the way... here in the south we are dealing with the " attack of the Pollen"... everything form mudpuddles to the dogs are covered with the stuff,,,,garden goes in tomorrow...and we already have apple blossoms on the trees!!

Love the bunnies MJ... Hugs~ Lea

Sure hope you get to feeling better, Linda ~ :hug   Between allergies and this flu virus going around, it sure makes staying healthy a bit rough.  Some of these "cures" just about make it worth skipping, too!  I only lasted taking two of them antibiotic pills, causing the throwing up and sick feeling, so decided to just ride it out on letting the virus do its thing!

I think tomorrow I'll have to do steam,its being stubborn and not releasing its grip,the cough syrup wiith codeine sure has helped me sleep

the male RN that took care of me,kept mentioning my birth year,and looking at my hair,I guess at this age they think you should have white or at least grey hair,told him its good genes this is natural color and not a dye job,that picture at top left was taken in 1980 and the hair color is still the same,well except for a few stress highlights

Archived