Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

oh my

I'm following yesterday's morning post,y'all must be busy bee's this weekend

Good Morning,we hit 90 yesterday,today only in the 80's.my amaryllis has 4 blooms on one stem,the ol gal is showing off

already have a load of wash going,went out and surveyed the estate,lol I  mean yard,its a corner lot and to this city gal its huge

take care and have a wonderful day,and hopefully someone else will come along,so I'm not talking to myself.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Linda it has been awfully quiet. 90 is just getting too hot especially this early in the year. What color is your amarylis? They have such pretty blooms. My dad had some that he kept for many years. Have you done any more stockings? I put them aside for a bit and have been working up some baby yarn into afghans to mail off. Then I have to make some special hotpads which I am not really in the mood to do.

Fri I was busy prepping for Sat. We had a full day of bonsai with a special guest artist from CO. That meant we left home at 730 am and didnt get back until 8pm. We have had bands of rain passing through since Fri--- just one after another. Some with lightening and strong winds. Visability on the highway was bad at times and some city streets water was ponding. So far 4 inches at our house but a neighbor said 6 at theirs. The highs have only been in the 50's so its felt rather chilly.

Hi Brenda,

I have 3 amaryllis,one red that by the time it finishes blooming this time,will have 10 flowers on three stems,its 25 yrs old,Rene' got that for me when she worked at a bulb packing and shipping plant,the other two were from Jimmy's moms house,one pink that had three blooms this year

and lastly one white,which will only bloom if it hears its headed to the trash heap,it has done that twice.

I have a toe started on stocking # 5,have to wait till my helper can walk me through it( Rene')

Goodness the one with 10 flowers really is working hard. Rene' sure has been knitting some cute stockings. I did like the photo tutorial with the lemondesucrette pattern to study the first time or two---I dont have a helper. It didnt take long to get the hang of what was going on. After a bit I figured out how to navigate around with some slip stitches and make one from start to finish without having to cut yarn and tie on. It works well with multi color yarn and I only have two ends to work in. When one is in the mood to work in ends they sure are a good way to use up little bits of yarn. I still need to print the baby sock pattern someone used on Ravelry to make a stocking. Its made from the cuff down. I think Rene' said she had already printed it off.

Well all done with my April vacation (we always get the last week in April off). now it's run around for the next 2 months until school is out. This season always flies by!

I didn't quite finish the project I'm working on. I want to show you when I'm finished but I don't want to jinx it. Mostly done though.

Holy weather! It rained here most of the week, much to the dismay of my students, and probably their parents. The river outside our apartment was rattling the windows terribly yesterday as it went over the dam. But that's nothing compared to whatever is happening in the middle of the country! I only know what people in NE post on Facebook but there's is definitely a blizzard and winter storm warning for my home state. what a May Day! Then I read online that there's is crazy flooding in Missouri? Stay safe out there my friends.

And now I better get to bed, back to school tomorrow!

I have been reading and trying to catch up.  You all are quite busy.  I spent the weekend trying to finish up the afghan I am working on.  We have been around 94 for the past few days and the humidity is up, but NO RAIN!!

We need the rain bad.  To dry and lots of wild fires.

Today is another day in the mid 90's, so the air is on already.

I will be putting my yarn away soon, as it will be to hot to work with.

Have a great day and lots of hugs.

Good Morning!!

I was completely exhausted last night and fell out at 9. I did however get back up for a little bit at 12 am..

It was a very very busy hard day for me yesterday. I made it through.

Today I need to try to crocheting a football hat ..

Will see how that goes.

Have a wonderful day.

Well its another cold rainy day here. The heat had to come back on and once again jackets are needed. Tropical plants had to come back in and maybe its a good thing I didnt get my tomato plants set out like I planned. The grass is loving this weather. You can almost watch it grow.

Its a new month so that means time to check the first page for birthdays. We have three this month. According to our list pineknott is collecting 8 inch squares any colors except orange and red, no soft yarn like Caron SS but Caron pounders are okay. owlvamp is collecting any size any color. minwifeof4boys is collecting 6 inch squares in dark green, burgandy, sage, and cream.

only got one set of impatiens in,then I got sidetracked and started those vines that ah hem,someone thought would be wonderful,these are the same ones that tripped me up a few yrs ago,aside from weed be gone,what is something else I could use,borax?? to kill it off a little at a time,don't want to be too obvious,lol Bill before he left,said don't overdo,too late,should have told me that 2 hrs ago.just waiting for another burst of energy,would like to have them all in,before the overnight rains

Linda I imagine it is going to quite a battle with the vines. Too bad the rabbits wont eat them. I am going to try using vinegar this year to see if it will replace round up. I did a search and one site mentioned borax and they both mentioned salt. I guess back in the day it was common to salt your enemies' fields.

https://www.treehugger.com/lawn-garden/homemade-herbicide-kill-weeds-without-killing-earth.html

http://www.thisgardenisillegal.com/2006/05/7-deadly-homemade-weed-killers.html

dont know about borax or salt we always use a granular weed and feed as it lasts longer and works better. we also use a granular insecticide too same reason as it lasts longer a d soea a good job. inside i have seen a coiple tiny ants already and i hear 409 cleaner kills bugs on the spot but im out so handy bought a soray can of rais lol.

i have heard vinegar for weeds but it takes a long time i think.

chilly here and has cleared off we have had some rwin here the past couple days. no storm or blizzardwarnings for the omaha side of nebraska. only maybe in the tri state tiangle perhaps.

sounds like everyone is enjoying their springtime chores!! the rain has got to be goodfor the plants anyway lol

ok all for now and mj i will change that up for you mementarily ok. thanks !!

omg angel and dragnlady5. welcome back old friends!!!

angel ao sorry to hear of your health issues and so happy you are working it out and can crochet again soon,,

Pineknott i used to plant impatients in my two larger flower beds but year after year we would lose most of them to either the rabbits or the wild turkeys so i did a little research and seems none of the animals like the smell of marigolds ao we plant those now faithlully every year!! Bugs and Tom will have to go elsewhere for buffet. lol

oh my such a nice dY out there today. chilly at ght and maybe rain moving in over the weekwnd but cant complain.

theywere getting snow up noth towards Norfolk Ne yesterday though!!

our (state (Ne) has its own puzzling triangle although probably not as sinister as the Burmuda triangle is.

There are three main citi s north of us (Omaha) of us we call it the tri- state triangle. from Sioux city Ia, to Norfolk Ne and the third city is Sioux Falls S Dak. any inclement weather that is on the map for ne hits in that triangle first and worst!! check it out soon its true!! They are in that air current that brings it all into them!! much like Buffalo in NY lol. that draws all that lake effect well our triangle draws bad

weather too!!!

just my little bit of Ne trivia for the day!!

once again welcome back to two old friends Dragnlady5 and angelroselite!! So glad you have checked in with us as many times i have thought of you both!!

hope we s ee lots of you both soon!! and if you want back on the list please swend me you info and prefs agin. Owlvqmp is also asking for email and phone number if you like so she will make a master list in case of things such as being blocked out of the ville which has happened or long unavoidable absences such as personal or health issues so if you would like to be on that contact list please msg Owlvamp ok. thanks!! we all would send a card had we known angel. and Kristi are you a paramedic now cause i have spent some time in the back of ambulances and let me tell you I have very high respect for you all !!

well wishing you all much health and happiness today and see you all again later!!❌⭕❌⭕

well my ip address got banned lol so i  couldn't log back in till now.

I am not am paramedic. I am an EMT. pay is so low around here i have a hard time spending the money for paramedic school knowing I can make more in a factory. but i  am looking into a position at the hotel for EMT/ sercurity for 2 dollars more an hour then i make now.

well my ip address got banned lol so i couldn't log back in till now.

I am not am paramedic. I am an EMT. pay is so low around here i have a hard time spending the money for paramedic school knowing I can make more in a factory. but i am looking into a position at the hotel for EMT/ sercurity for 2 dollars more an hour then i make now.

They are having lots of problems with the site banning members IP addresses. Tampa Doll, owlvamp, and katyallen8090 have been blocked multiple times. Some of us have exchanged email addresses to keep in touch and contact the admins on their behalf if need be. Owlvamp has said people could pm her their email addresses and even phone numbers if they wish. I periodically check the Crochetville group on Ravelry for people blocked here. Anyhow it is so good to have you back.

Morning all!

Let's say today is not looking so grand... Need to dig deep within to find humanity....It's not very promising..

Honestly I don't get people and that's why I love my fur babies even more.

Nothing against you all. I love coming here.

I hope everyone is having a good day!

If I'm quick enough in typing,it will still be morning,so 

Good Morning

after rains last night,its a sun shiny day

Owlvamp,sure wish things were better for you,it weighs so heavy on your heart

A very Happy Birthday to my birthday twin Lea,hope you are having a great day

still too wet to play in the dirt right now,maybe later today

Happy Birthday Linda and Lea. I hope you both have a good day.

We have sunshine today but the ground is very squishy from all the rain. Wondering how Katybug and ImmaFreek are doing as there was flooding over their way. They flashed the road closure map for the state on the news last night and in places it was pretty much solid with red dots. I think we all get a days reprieve and then those flooded areas are going to get hit hard again tomorrow.

Sandra I feel the same way about not getting people and our furbabies. With some people it seems to go beyond greed and selfishness and that they just plain enjoy stirring things up just to hurt others. My current therapy to lift my spirits is to make a stocking for W4W--- and so far I have made over 100 so this year. Those little stockings cheer me up so much.

Hey, everyone I thought I would just pop in. I am on a bland diet. It makes me feel weak. I sleep a lot. When I feel like it I will check back in. All I can eat is like pudding, jello. Some times I eat baked chicken. I have to drink just water. And apple juice. Well I am going to lay back down. I will check back in later. I sit in my chair and I do crochet a little. When I feel like it. Take care everyone. :ghug

Morning all!

Let's say today is not looking so grand... Need to dig deep within to find humanity....It's not very promising..

Honestly I don't get people and that's why I love my fur babies even more.

Nothing against you all. I love coming here.

I hope everyone is having a good day!

I understand that, I've always loved my animals much more than humans! HOpe things improve...

I hope everyone gets to feeling better! Just quick check in... Have a great night all...

Oh, katy,I got my beautiful squares but keep forgetting to take pictures... :eek

hi. all. rain has cleared out ao sunny day today.

ok owlvamp will check out your link for squares. i ran out of quite a few colors. you needed though so hope i can still helpso ehow.

snowbear i must hVe missed a post about what iz wrong and cUsing your semi liquid diet or is it just oerhaps a flu please let us k ow and best wishes foryourrecovery!!

Drgn ladyreceiced your info Nd will get you back on the list. tomorrow ok.

thanks for the info again!

everyone else how you all doing?? i was thinking about viking and her little viking stories and peanut and yernmonkey. i hope they are well and doing woonderful miss them. well nothing much more to report from this end so i will sign off for noe snd see you again soon!!,

❌⭕❌⭕

Archived