Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Good Morning

I'm back after researching your question TampaDoll

I'm not the knitter,Rene' is,but I found the info very interesting,and you are right they sure are pricey,especially the sampler sets

I've never seen them in Micheal's,she does okay with the regular ones,but I guess they aren't a favorite, as I only have had one slipper she has made, for months now.

its a full day of getting ready for the upcoming week,enjoy the day everyone

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

niceghans bgs are the one or two strands?? nothing much to reoort here so i. off ill see ya later. gonna be 84 today and sunny so handy is off putting a second coat of stain on simeones deck thi am. im coloring then gonna go find something that needs done i guess. till later then all.

Lots of sun here today and warm enough to get all sweaty working outside. I have been working on birthday puffies too. I already have a bag with 45 stockings for W4W and a bag with 4 afghans for badrhinogillette all ready to go. I am having some problems with my hand from mt fall last week. Its swollen just enough that I cant wear my wedding ring. Its my tension hand for crocheting and the yarn drags over the raw places. It stings when washing my hands.

Katy the afghans are single strand and I had to drop down to an F hook on the batch I am working up now. Just making these as round ripples so I can use as much of the yarn up as possible.

Sandra I made you some more squares and posted my totals.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/152659-midnight-brites-blanket-help/page-25#entry2731157

oh my f hook lol that is small thanks for the info the look beautiful!,

i hate tv on the weekends nothing on lol. well off for. a bit i want to get some paper work in order before the night is over lol. back tomorrow. ❌⭕️

Good Morning

chilly morning,only in the 50's,got all the plants planted yesterday,the only finishing touch is to put a coat of paint on lawn ornaments, gnomes( sp?)angels,conch shells these were either white or grey plastic,got color metallic paints,one angel will be Rose Gold,I did a test the other day,and was happy with the results,so will try and finish her up this morning,some of the shells will be purple,icy blue,peacock pearl,blue sapphire.enjoy the day

Another chilly morning here.  Lots of sunshine.  They had to close 2 schools this morning due to smoke from fires.  We need rain desperately.

Sandra I have some pink squares coming to you.  I hope to put them in a puffy today.

Not much going one.  Going to try and clean up some WIPS.

Have fun today.

Well its actually a pretty warm morning here nearly 70 and heading into the 80's this afternoon.

Linda sounds like you accomplished a lot. I need to go work up our raised beds and get them planted. I need to paint gnomes too. The concrete ones are just patio paint gray. Last time I repainted the resin ones it took forever because I kept all the details and colors but I think I see a can of spray paint in their future. The birdbath should be redone too. Guess I need to go get busy.

Linda I dont have any girl gnomes.

Well we got 13 bags of dirt worked in. Tomatoes and peppers set out. Pole beans climbing okra cucumbers zucchini and spinach planted so now its wait and see what produces.I am hot and tired but its time to fix supper. Broke down and turned the ac on. Dh has to have his meals on his schedule. When we were working this morning he started asking if we were having sandwiches for lunch a good hour before time.

good morning

its a bit chilly,not even 50,but the sun is out.

the last couple of days we have been battling ants,we can't find their source of entry,one day in the pantry the next across the sink area

have a great day everyone.

Warmish morning here as it just dropped into the 60s overnight and we are headed back up into the 80s. Working on laundry and would like to get some flower seeds planted today.

i hear that. no gnomes here or angels or even a bird bath anymore though we used to have swans two white ones that were planters and we still have our three shepards hooks but no more decorhtan that. we are a simple folk lol

as for painting i need a few resin deck chairs done. heyyyy hsndy lol

changing the bed washing a load and had some raison/cinnamin toast for breakfast. i skipped lunch yesterday just wasnt hungry but it sure screwed me up stomach wise so i will be sure to eat a litte something today for lunch. i have some pinwheels or roll ups as we call them left over ( tortillas rolled up with shaved turkey cream cheese and sweet pepper and sliced ) and will have one of those. they are quite filling lol. look um up pinwheelsumm ummm good.

going to be a warm one here today!! Max has already claimed his window for the day after and second only to his one of many "brushings" of the day lol he loves to get brushed-my other cats did too and they loved also to get vacuumed witht the dust buster but max doesnt like the dust buster or any vacuum for that matter.

today was is voting day for mayor and handy voted this am i seldom vote in local elections but have never missed a presidential primary!

sometimes i wish i had lol.

nothing much else here to say yet so will leave youwith this thought.

of all the ant population in the woorl did you know they-would and do out weigh the entire worlds population o f human''s total weight. well they do!! my question is then how did they find someone to not only count them all!!!!but keep them on the scale to weigh them?... think about it. ❌⭕️❌⭕️♥️

Katy 

of the three cats we had,one love the vacuum cleaner,it was like never mind the rugs,I want to be to be vacuumed,that was the same one who had to sit on my lap when I was at the sewing machine

Another chilly morning here.  Lots of sunshine.  They had to close 2 schools this morning due to smoke from fires.  We need rain desperately.

Sandra I have some pink squares coming to you.  I hope to put them in a puffy today.

Not much going one.  Going to try and clean up some WIPS.

Have fun today.

Beautiful weather here this past 2 days!  Got to the 80's and was so nice working outside for a change.  We've been getting rain for a couple or three days, then sunshine for the next couple. This evening I sat on my front porch and got some crocheting done! :clap   Working on May birthday granny squares!  Will have some on their way to Minwifeof4boys/Lea  and to Pineknott/Linda by week's end.  Then to start on granny squares for Owlvamp's Midnight Lights(??) granny-ghan for a friend (love the pattern!).  I found a basic granny square pattern, too, for the squares, so hope they will match . . . 

http://adaiha.blogspot.com/2011/04/granny-square-tutorial-part-1-basic.html

i hear that. no gnomes here or angels or even a bird bath anymore though we used to have swans two white ones that were planters and we still have our three shepards hooks but no more decorhtan that. we are a simple folk lol

as for painting i need a few resin deck chairs done. heyyyy hsndy lol

changing the bed washing a load and had some raison/cinnamin toast for breakfast. i skipped lunch yesterday just wasnt hungry but it sure screwed me up stomach wise so i will be sure to eat a litte something today for lunch. i have some pinwheels or roll ups as we call them left over ( tortillas rolled up with shaved turkey cream cheese and sweet pepper and sliced ) and will have one of those. they are quite filling lol. look um up pinwheelsumm ummm good.

going to be a warm one here today!! Max has already claimed his window for the day after and second only to his one of many "brushings" of the day lol he loves to get brushed-my other cats did too and they loved also to get vacuumed witht the dust buster but max doesnt like the dust buster or any vacuum for that matter.

today was is voting day for mayor and handy voted this am i seldom vote in local elections but have never missed a presidential primary!

sometimes i wish i had lol.

nothing much else here to say yet so will leave youwith this thought.

of all the ant population in the woorl did you know they-would and do out weigh the entire worlds population o f human''s total weight. well they do!! my question is then how did they find someone to not only count them all!!!!but keep them on the scale to weigh them?... think about it. ❌⭕️❌⭕️♥️

I've only had one cat that would let me run the vacuum over her, and that was our Scooter ~ LoL ~ she would throw herself in the path of it when she saw me vacuuming.  I think DaisyMay likes it, too, but I've only tried her with it once, I think.  I'll have to try that again on her, tho.

Now THAT was a sensational way to end your post, KatyAllen ~ LoL  :D   That's definitely a good question, too ~ who counted all those ants, let alone getting them to stand on a scale??  SO funny!  :lol   Thanks for the "tickle"!  :hug

shhh is this a ghost town!! no chatting since my last post. i must have scared you all off.

well another lovely day out today!! had the central ac on for. bit as it got stuffy and my windows are too sifficult 1 to get too with my walker and 2 even if i sis they are much too cumbersom to handle with one hand lol.

well i finished up cleaning the kitchen today just had a couple odds ans ends to tie up!! i have all the hand towels in the dryer now as evert now and then i run them theough. clorox wash and straighten out thre shelf lol that was today. dishcloths mixed in with dish towels and scrubbies running rampant i ya!! sogot that all cleaned and strightened out so then did the cupboard under the sink!! had handylookfor my pledge the other day and he said he never dound any. i knew it was there somewhere lol so i searched for it snd found it. i should use the liquid gold but pledge is so much quicker lol. i use the good stuff every otherti ei guess on the wood stuff.

so oh and i vacuumed (Stick vac). the floor too i. he kitxhen from a chair and it worked prettywell and made aome xherry jello tonight for. dessert too so was busy i guesss. Did a couple saucers and. couple glasses i hate for things to pile up lol. so i am esting. bit now.

hope all iswell with you all and those in pain or sickness are recovering too !!!

more later if i get back here!!!

Wow! girl! LoL  We'll have to call you "whirl-wind Katy" now, since you're one ball o' fire, getting all this work done around your house!  :D   You think you might be interested in visiting each of us and help get our houses in order, too?  :lol   It's so good to see you back to feeling better and being able to get so much done on your own now . . . awesome!

Linda I dont have any girl gnomes.

Well we got 13 bags of dirt worked in. Tomatoes and peppers set out. Pole beans climbing okra cucumbers zucchini and spinach planted so now its wait and see what produces.I am hot and tired but its time to fix supper. Broke down and turned the ac on. Dh has to have his meals on his schedule. When we were working this morning he started asking if we were having sandwiches for lunch a good hour before time.

LoL ~ you are not alone, Brenda!  My hubby is the same way when it comes to his meal times.  I'm glad he's learned to do a lot of the cooking now, too (yes, I've had to share my kitchen with him ~ LoL).  But he fixes a mean cajun chicken dinner, and General Tso's chicken, too.  And he is so pleased with himself that I taught him how to make gravy for his breakfast ~ :D   We've been enjoying cooking together, too.  Just lovin' our remodeled kitchen, that's for sure ~ LoL

Beautiful weather here this past 2 days! Got to the 80's and was so nice working outside for a change. We've been getting rain for a couple or three days, then sunshine for the next couple. This evening I sat on my front porch and got some crocheting done! :clap Working on May birthday granny squares! Will have some on their way to Minwifeof4boys/Lea and to Pineknott/Linda by week's end. Then to start on granny squares for Owlvamp's Midnight Lights(??) granny-ghan for a friend (love the pattern!). I found a basic granny square pattern, too, for the squares, so hope they will match . . .

http://adaiha.blogspot.com/2011/04/granny-square-tutorial-part-1-basic.html

I have always done what she is calling a slightly different granny square as a regular granny square. I had to use an I hook to get 3 rows to equal 4 inches.

• 2 weeks later...

wow how bout that ladies we are back!!! hi mary jo and thanks for thr heads up !!! much to catch up on for all of us has been lonely for sure without my square family!

glad to see a friendly face!

and the size and color icons and fonts work great!! thanks to the ville for completing such a time consumng and arguous task  as well. here is to great success and fewer problems along our paths through the beautiful and friendly most amazing place on the internet!!,. 

lift your diet cokes and or coffees and let us all rejoice!, the dry spell is over and it is green and fruitful again here in our home away from home!!! welcome back to all and spread the word the Ville, She is Back!

????

Archived