Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

good morning

Its so nice to have the sunshine back,it will be short lived,rain again tomorrow.

MaryJo,that groot is too cute,so is the daisy to the side.

Hope the others who came back just before the break,find their way back again one was Angel RoseLite

enjoy the day

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all. i will check out groot when i find myself on rav sometime soon.  they are just not chatters over there you know lol

it seems lol  

yes i noticed the dish clyhs group too but i rally don t have that nuch cotton  i do have a lot of yarn however!,, thinking about getting out my looms and doing some hats a bit later on i  the season i think  

well tgif for all of you workers out there!!! yay huh!!

hope all is well with all and i may check in a bit later on    take care  

Happy Friday!:dance And it's a long weekend! :yay

MaryJo, Groot is adorable.

It was a rather quiet day at work since half of my class was absent, there are a lot of family events and graduations taking place this weekend. I'm spending the evening in my sewing room. And the weekend will be spent with my kids and grandkids. Have a  great evening.

Its been a humid day and no air movement.  More rain supposed to move in later.  Its been a day full of one little chore after another.  Glad to finally get to sit in my chair.  Oh neat one of my favorite movies is just coming on---John Wayne in El Dorado.  Working on a lapghan for W4W.

Good Morning

beautiful sun shiny day,need to use up some celery and carrots up,so going o make a pot of chicken soup,and use part of the chicken for a chicken rice casserole,so that takes care of two meals.Have the movie LaLa Land from the library.

Maybe some puttering around in the yard,I know I need to fertilize the plants,to give them a boost

enjoy the day

Cloudy and very high humidity this morning.  Chances for severe weather pretty high later.  Getting car serviced now then on to the library to drop off a book and make some copies.  Going to swing by sister's after that.

Hello.

I spent the morning sewing and now I'm babysitting my littlest grandbaby who is napping at the moment. I'll be babysitting again tomorrow. Monday I will be going to spend the day with the 2 big grandkids. I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

to all else hithere and happy weekend!!. rained this am sunny then now oveecast with a chance of rain tonight i guess. i can necer eeally remember a mem weekend here when it hasnt rIned lol. 

dont forget what the day is about amidst all you bbqs and picnics and give silent thanks to those that have or are or will fight for our country.  

in these such trying and confusing times of late there is a feeling of desperately needing some hope out there somewhere as well something to be grateful for you know   

nothing much stirring today will put in a load of laundry after  a while  i think its all ready just add the detergent but i am i  no hurry so   it will wait  thing is i just got the dryer empty and folded this am lol would like to just ha ve it empty for a bit k ow what i mean lol  laundry and dishes a perpetual thing huh   

good morning

rolled over at 5 am ad got 4 more hours of sleep,felt wide awake at 5,but that was only 4 and a half hours sleep

this weekend is dragging on and on,this was his first Friday of no work since school started back up,plus a Monday holiday

have a great day.

how we all doing on this long weekend?. sigh not too much on the tube either so no break in the boredom huh!,

nice day out though sunny and temp is mild just the way i like it

hope you all are enjoying your holiday! We have a garden here a botanical one called LAurentson   Gardens and for yhe first time 

since the have had this plant in their collection the Corpse plant called that cos it smells like rotten deacaying bodies when it booms  well it is boomin today  timing could not be worse eithe as they have a wedding this afternoon in the lobby and i hear it is still happening  i wonder if they had to pass gas masks at the door though?... lol

Well yesterday afternoon when the thunderstorms rolled in dh decided he should make the 45 mile trek home to put the newer car in the garage and get the 20 year old one with over 40000 miles because chances were good for hail.  Only thing was it rained so hard he said he could barely see the road and the hail didnt materialize.   He got back in time to do maintenance on the weedeater for my sister and niece before the next storm moved in but didnt get to the tiller.  

Today was filled with sunshine.  After lunch we started our 100+ mile trek to take flowers to 2 cemeteries,stop to use this months coupons at Krispy Kreme (I got a strawberry chiller drink that was so very good).   Then off to a woodworking store to buy a couple of hand saws that were on sale ---Japanese ones meaning they cut on the pull.  Wound up with 3 saws, 2 really small, and a combo work table scaffolding that collapses to store and pretty portable.  It was on sale. Next up JoAnns because I needed a skein of Navy blue cotton for a project and well it was on sale so I just had to get more along with some RHSS thst was on sale. We also got 10% military discount on top of that.  Also used the 60% off coupon on 2 yards of marine vinyl as thats what I use for a table cloth.   Next up was to use the buy one get one free coupon on cat food at Catco ( aka Petco).  Time to stop at the Chinese restaurant to eat --- had a coupon for there too.   We were going to stop at Walmart but it was getting late, we still needed to stop for gas, and we were pooped so  will do that tomorrow.

Oh and we lucked out yesterday with getting the car serviced.  We had a couple of coupons that we handed the guy when he wrote us up just in case they found an issue otherwise they wouldn't help and he asked if we would like a wild card coupon for $10 off--of course.  Then we have a rewards card and had finally earned enough to get another $10 off.  Then dh asked and for future reference they also do a military discount.  It has taken awhile but he has finally learned to ask if places do military, AAA, AARP, or senior discounts.  It is really nice how many places offer military discounts anymore.  

Dh has gone to bed and I have had to move the lapghan I am working on aside to make room for kitty to sleep in my lap.  

Good afternoon

was here earlier but just didn't have anything to say,have my first load of laundry in the dryer,waiting for Bill to let me know which jeans he wants laundered

listened some to a story on hoopla,wish I could get my book mo jo back,I've been stalled on # 42 for awhile now.

have a great day everyone

Another sunny hot but not horrible hot day.  Made the Walmart run today because I needed allergy eye drops and kitty litter.  We stopped at Perkins so dh could get his free meal.  Since its next to Aldis we stopped there and got a couple of smallish watermelons and some grapes.

I just about have the lapghan finished so now to decide what to start next.

HOT, HOT, HOT.  That is the temp for the day.  Oh yeah and maybe, just maybe some rain.  Boy could we use it.

Glad to see everyone survived the weekend. 

Finished up the new tote.  Hope to get pictures today.

I know none of you are hockey fans, but I found this interesting.  We were watching the game between Ottawa and Pittsburgh.  Anyway, they always show the coaches and the benches. One time they were talking about the coach and if you looked behind him, you could see a woman knitting.  I had to roll back the picture to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing.  Now I know they do that at baseball games, but this is the first time I saw it at a hockey game.

Well, off to start my day.

Oh everyday I check out the birthdays, to see if there are any.  So far none.  If I miss yours, please let me know.

Have a great day.

We had a great weekend, started Friday.  Had a reunion in Oklahoma Saturday, but went to see hubby's auntie Friday.  Spent the night at a hotel, then headed south again.  Everyone was nervous about the storms happening north of us, some decided to stay Saturday night at a hotel before heading to their homes.  We went ahead and left for home.  We some storms and hit rain between Sulphur Springs, Arkansas and Neosho, Missouri but nothing so bad as had to pull over . . . thank the Lord!  Tornadoes were the biggest concern so we were watchful for them.  Made it home before dark, and no rain or storms on the last hour of our trip ~ yay!

My wonderful sis-n-law gave me ALL of her yarn and crochet books, too!  Oh! boy!   :dance  She started some small octagon squares, so I'm thinking of finishing up those with the yarn she gave me, and gift it to her for her birthday in December.  I've also got a ball of real pretty Home Spun beige-white/Pearl?? yarn, too, that I may see if I have enough to make me a shoulder scarf.  She had made herself a long shrug sweater from it that turned out really nice.  So it looks like I'm still in the crocheting business ~ LoL

Sounds like everyone has been having a great weekend, too.  It's raining today, tho, so that takes care of my hankering for working outside.  Gonna be a laundry-doing day, and then CROCHET!  Hubby is working on my livingroom some more, getting the taping and mudding done.  Then we'll get flooring for my craftroom and it will be done . . . just have to get everything sorted thru, still, and put where I want it.  I want to paint my sewing cabinet, too, just to give it a new look (I painted it mauve about 10 yrs ago, so it's time for a change of color!).  And we have to get my computer desk and file drawer over here so I won't have to chase between houses ~ LoL  That will be so nice!

Hope you all have a great week.  Lovin' this summer time weather, for sure!  :jumpyay

hi all ok  tampa pa im going to mail next. 

hope everyone.   all enjoyed the long  weekend!,  

eek.  the  daiseys daughter had gotten me and we planted the heavy rain or the rabbits must have gotten to them. well we will just plant ,more then as i love daisies thry are so. very  cheery and bouncy you know and these woe bright yellow too darn it.  

ville seems really laggy today or pokey at the leSt.or  is  it the iPad either way annoying so i will go to mail now mj. see you all later.   ❌⭕️❌⭕️

Archived