2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I discovered I still have the spreadsheet I used the last time to compile everyone's scores :yay  so I've started gathering the scores for this week.  I'll keep checking in & adding them to the spreadsheet so I can post them tomorrow.  My scores for the week:

WTD:  0

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was the excited recipient of a yarny gift this week!  The only down side is that I have to tell all of you.  :rofl

I received 9 skeins in all!  So my score for this week ending April 18th is:

Does anyone have any ideas for light & lofty yarn?  I have 5 skeins of that.  I also got 4 skeins of Patons Brilliant, so if you have any ideas regarding that I'd love to hear them!!  Thank you!  :heart

For Patons Brilliant... I dunno, send it to me? ;) Looks like whatever you make with it will be gorgeous!

I am sad to say I must go negative this week.... I've been wanting to make a crown, and I have a pattern in mind now so I used a Joann 50% off coupon for a Patons Metallic for it. Sorry I can't highlight; on my phone. :-/

*****WTD -2****

Well I had really good intentions this week... made several chemo hats, made really good progress on my first baby ghan for the childrens hospital... but never finished anything off. So I figured I'd end the week at 0. And then we met my grandmother for lunch and she always brings something. This time was yarn.  :oops 2 skeins. And one is baby yarn so that'll be in the works for a while! 

WTD: -4    YTD: +52

I got so involved yesterday with my son's project and then church and the hockey playoffs that I forgot to post.  I went to AC Moore on Friday because I received a coupon for 20 percent off everything (sales and regular price) and I decided to buy six skeins of their Stitch Studio yarn for a new prayer shawl.  It was two for $7 plus the 20 % off!  I never used it before and I like it.  The roving part is more tightly wound together than Homespun and it's as soft -- I think so anyway.  The color is so cool too, It's called New Leaf and it's in the By the Fire collection.

Anyway, big damage to my score.

For week ending April 18:

WTD:  -12

:welcome  Good Morning Everyone!  I was waiting until noon to give folks a chance to post their scores for the week, so here we go:

Gold Medal Winner:  katyallen8090  +7

Silver Medal Winner:  greyhoundgrandma  +6

Bronze Medal Winner:  howieann  +4

An Honorable Mention goes to Ellie 13  with a +3

Those of us breaking even with a big ole "goose egg"  this week:

owlvamp

yarnscrapper

PBLKNP

HollyzHobbyz

addicted2yarn

And who went shopping this week?

randib82:  -1

VikingRunnerGirl:  -2

pineknott:  -3

yarn_monkey:  -4

BigPinkPolkaDot:  -12

And the "Shoot the Moon" winner:

:yay  crabby rat:  -18  :yay  

Thanks for posting the scores, Holly! 

We just got in from a weekend trip. I had a fair amount of crocheting time Saturday and made pretty good progress on the rickrack rainbow baby blanket, but nothing used up. It's going to be a busy week, so I'm not sure how much progress I'll make this week. Might get to go by a yarn store.

I have  been out of touch for a couple weeks...taking care of both of my parents has taken up all of my time and energy.  Last week I used up one skein and one ball of yarn for +3.

This week I will be mailing out a big box of yarn to a group that makes hats and scarves for those in need...I will update once I go through the yarn.

Happy Stashbusting

Ugh. DH left me to my own devices today while he went golfing. That is NEVER a good idea. What did I do? Went to AC Moore and Michaels both. Bought 4 skeins for baby blankets, to match yarn I already had so I had enough for the ghans, so I guess technically sorta kinda I was stashbusting... sort of. 

-8 for the week so far. :reyes  And picking up my hook! 

used 2 balls yesterday all up, used 3 balls and one partial sk. today so far, so im at +5.. and still pluggin along.........now for the tiny balls that might only do one row of a small hat or square, I hardly count them or if I do, i only count them as a half, lol so just so you know, some of the balls i use are big, bigger, and almost whole skeins, but now and then a small little used up color with just a couple rows in it, gets used, lol    no yarn will go to waste in my shop!! lol  and I believe that too, should count for at least a half point, lol, but certainly not as deserving as a bigger ball, so half a point is how I do that, lol and I usually do them in pairs before i count them, to make one whole point! he he.

I found some :yarn in my stash that matches my afghan so I'll have enough to finish it. I won't have get more :yay . I have 3 squares left to attach, so I might get it done by Sat. I made 6 coasters and 3 hexagons (need 4 more) for a hot pad. I rolled down a skein of cotton (+1) :cheer . I hope to have more points by Sat.

WTD: + 1  YTD: + 27

Ellie 13

Archived