2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, I don't think i ever counted what i used on THIS Donation Ghan, it was 2 skeins, and 2 balls, added to my +10, is +16.. I don't think I counted them already, as I usually dont, until I photo them, lol, oh well, Im gonna lose points probably tomorrow, or soon, as I am out of a few colors......he he.............

I haven't been here since March 6th, so I'll add the 2 weeks together. I've been sorting stuff and deciding what I can get rid of if I have to move. Not much :crocheting time, but I made some shamrock pins and started bunny pins. I donated 4 skeins and 15 balls of :yarn (+ 23)  :yay . I found out my niece is having a baby in early Oct, so I have to make a baby afghan. I went to Michael's and got rainbow colors and aran, 10 skeins total (- 20). I started working on squares but haven't used enough  :yarn to count yet. At least my score is still positive.

WTD: + 3  YTD: + 17

Ellie 13

too bad I didn't have a chance to get yarn this week,I had enough of a cushion to stay in the positive numbers

making these birdnests with 3 strands of scrap yarn,is certainly busting the stash of small balls of yarn

wtd + 25 ytd + 48

I know LInda, but you know, i never ever seem to run out of balls, lol, I use some up, and end up making more, lol, woe is me, huh!! here is my score for the week ending, Sat March 21...

YTD  +99         WTD    +16  

wow, cool,   one point short of a hundred so far this year,.. !!! enjoy it now, it won't stay that way much longer, lol

For the week ending March 21, 2014:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +25

Silver Medal Winner: katyallen8090 +16

Bronze Medal Winner: tie--Ellie 13 and greyhoundgrandma +3

Shannart +1

PBLKNP 0

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

yarnscrapper 0

Braxxi -2

randib82 -2

owlvamp -4

Shoot the Moon Winner: Addicted2patterns -10

well, just what lucky girl is the silver place medal winner, there is the score, which i think might be my score, but no name accompanies it, sniff sniff,,, :cry

on a whole entire different subject, lol, I just posted two baby ghans for donation i have been working on, they are Candyland, and purple passion!! much fun to make, good news, i used multiple balls and partials up on these two projects, and to the best of my additive skills, or lack thereof, lol I am thinking i am starting this week, with +13 already, wow, lol, using up those partials, and balls, really add up, and that includes too, rolling into balls a couple colors that were getting scraggly in their skein. lol So, +13 for now, more to come later, as I hope to get to walmart tomorrow, or the next day!!

well, just what lucky girl is the silver place medal winner, there is the score, which i think might be my score, but no name accompanies it, sniff sniff,,, :cry

on a whole entire different subject, lol, I just posted two baby ghans for donation i have been working on, they are Candyland, and purple passion!! much fun to make, good news, i used multiple balls and partials up on these two projects, and to the best of my additive skills, or lack thereof, lol I am thinking i am starting this week, with +13 already, wow, lol, using up those partials, and balls, really add up, and that includes too, rolling into balls a couple colors that were getting scraggly in their skein. lol So, +13 for now, more to come later, as I hope to get to walmart tomorrow, or the next day!!

Yep--that's your silver. So much for my proofreading!! I fixed it on the list.

Both of the baby ghans are really pretty! You do a great job of putting colors together.

I'm starting in the negatives too, Mona!  :reyes

I bought a skein of grey for the Moogly CAL thinking I didn't have any more... turns out I have 2 other skeins in the craft room. Whoops. So -2. 

Then Sister bought me 3 skeins of cotton to make her a pot holder. -6. 

Down to -8 so far for the week. Looks like I need to get to work!! At least it'll be a really pretty pot holder... Lol 

I'm starting the week in the negatives. Walmart: 3 skeins of marked down cotton plus 4 RH skeins for a specific purpose = -14. My Joann order is supposed to be here Wed.

Bought another skein..-2  = -16.

Ugh. Bought a mill end bag at AC Moore today because I couldn't help myself... April is donation month on our Birthday Bash Friendship ghan CAL, and I thought it was a great color for a Project Linus blanket or two. So another 4 skeins is another -8... -16 for the week so far. :reyes  

Archived