2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Finished up all 3 skeins of the cotton Sister bought for me on 2 hotpads and 3 coasters. Plus with the little ends, I started a scrap hot pad that will probably be ugly as sin by the time it's done, but it will be useful nonetheless!  :lol

WTD +6       YTD +58

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scores for week ending 4/4/15:

Gold Medal Winner: yarn_monkey +6

Silver Medal Winner: +4 triple tie: Ellie 13, greyhoundgrandma, Shannart

Bronge Medal Winner: +3 tie: katyallen8090 & randib82

HollyzHobbyz +2

owlvamp +2

lhasaapsolady +2

yarnscrapper 0

VikingRunnerGirl 0

pineknott 0

PBLKNP 0

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

And not hardly enough fuel to make it to outerspace:

Shoot the Moon Winner: Addicted2patterns -5

:hi

I forgot all about posting this week.  I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has had their days all messed up!  We've been on Spring Break and it's just thrown me for a loop... LOL  Back at it tomorrow, though!! 

Happy Easter!

By the way, my score?  A Big Ol' Goose-Egg!!  :rofl  I haven't hooked in ages... :loco

wow congratz to the medal holders, i for one never thought I would even place this time, lol.....but I like bronze too.

I didn't think there was any way my little 6 points would get me anything at all!  :lol

Finally finished up a skein working on the Moogly CAL, so off to a good start for the week... +2!

I had a small skein of yarn from grannyannie for our Secret Santa exchange on the friendship ghan CAL, so I used that on a chemo cap to donate. So another +2 brings me up to +4! And it's only Monday!  :yay

I finished off a ball (+1) on Sunday. I remodeled my bedroom and got some craft storage space so I've been sorting and organizing yarn. I found a bunch of wobbly, tangled skeins so I ended up making 14 balls (+14). 

Looks like there are lots of good starts to the week!

I'm working on the rickrack rainbow baby blanket and somewhat regretting the pattern choice. It's pretty, but all sc. Plus I'm using a sport weight from my stash instead of the worsted weight the pattern calls for, so that's making for slower progress, too. The stripes on each end aren't going to finish off any skeins, but maybe the white in the middle will. I'm having to alternate working on other projects because sc drives me crazy very quickly.

Finished a skein on a corner to corner, so another +2... Then DH took me to Hobby Lobby and I bought 6 skeins of I Love This Cotton for chemo hats (it's just so soft!!) .... So I'm back at -6 for the week. But no more buying and 2 skeins of cotton almost finished, so I'm trying to at least get back to zero! 

Used up a skein on a chemo hat and another one on a mile a minute baby afghan, so up to -2 this week... Still holding out hope I'll finish up this chemo hat I'm working on now and bring myself back to 0 for the week. Fingers crossed! 

I spent way to just time rolling a skein into a ball after the center part totally snarled and wouldn't pull out....+1. If it hadn't been purple, I would have considered just tossing it!

Finished off a skein...+2

WTD +3

Archived