2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I was doing really well this week with using up some stash, then my hubby went and bought me 60 skeins of yarn.  I love him but even though I was on the plus side with 8, after his thoughtfulness I am at a great big WTD-112

I finished the scarf and used a skein :cheer (+ 2). I made another dish scrubbie and used a ball of cotton :clap (+ 1). I started another scarf, it might be done by Sun. afternoon or Mon. night. These scarves work up fast, no counting rows, you just work the skein down to about a yard left. I might get 3 done by next Sat.

WTD: + 3  YTD: + 38

Ellie 13

I used up 2 more skeins of yarn on squares for one of my WIP baby afghans. That +4 brings me to... 

WTD: +10

Looks all great now with a +61 YTD... And then I go to the Spinrite Factory Tent Sale on Monday... That's going to be trouble!!   :woo

Well, I behaved myself this week, but I'm weaving in massive amounts of ends for my intarsia baby blanket, so I didn't use up any skeins.

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD -44

:c9

Big Stashbusting this week.

I have a couple friends who I have invited over to "shop" my yarn as I still have quite the overly large stash o' yarn. One did come by this week and took off with 11 skeins of yarn. I have been working on hats for charity, as well as I just started a double strand afghan.  So I used 1 skein and 12 balls this week.

WTD:+36 YTD: +20

Scores for week ending 5/2/15:

Gold Medal Winner: Shannart +36

Silver Medal Winner: yarn_monkey +10

Bronze Medal Winner--tie: owlvamp and katyallen8090 +9

HollyzHobbyz +6

Braxxi +6

greyhoundgrandma +6

Ellie 13 +3

howieann +2

Holding steady:

VikingRunnerGirl

yarnscrapper

pineknott

Addicted2patterns

PBLKNP

BigPinkPilkaDot

Shoot the Moon Winner: lhasaapsolady -112

Great job, everyone!!

Oh My Goodness... I'm slightly embarrassed... :2blush

I haven't been on here in over two weeks - life has just been busy. 

I need to send a great big :ty out to greyhoundgrandma for posting the scores for me last week!  I'm so sorry I didn't do it.  I was pretty sure I would shoot the moon and then I never even checked.

Looks like everyone is having fun ~ either adding to their stash or using it up!  :clap

I haven't ~ my score has been a big ol' goose egg for the past two weeks. 

Thanks again, Mona, for posting the scores.  :hug

No problem, Melani. I had to post the YTD scores last week anyway. I'm looking forward to May not being as busy as April has been. Hope yours will slow down, too.

I rolled a one pounder into a ball...+1.

000h, congratz to the medal winners!! new week, what will it bring, Ill tell ya for me, was a good weekend, ended up buying some yarn, just in case I run out of colors lol, so far then,Im starting negatively...... -12.......YAY for me though, huh!!

56 skeins, wow, to me, that is a plus,lol Im in the minus's too, but not by that  much, lol good stash though, restocking is always so much fun!!

The problem is I never "un-stashed"!!!  :lol

I was doing so well before that tent sale... 56 skeins later... 

-112 for the week  :reyes

Time to get to work!! 

Maybe a negative number, but so positive in the fun you'll have using it!

I rolled a one pounder into a ball...+1.

I bought a skein today..-2   =  -1.

Today's email included a notice that I'm a winner in Red Heart's Learn a Stitch Make a Drop Stitch Crochet Cowl giveway. I think that will be 3 skeins of yarn... not sure if it will make it here this week or next.

Oh dear, it's time to get off the computer. I'm not even sure how I ended up on ebay, but I just bought 6 cones of cotton--a good price and really cheap postage. At least it won't be here until next week.

Well, I've redeemed myself somewhat. I started looking for something which resulted in an avalanche and the discovery of some forgotten yarn. I rolled 4 yarn barfs/skeins into balls...+4    = +3 for the week so far.

Archived