2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Ugh. Bought a mill end bag at AC Moore today because I couldn't help myself... April is donation month on our Birthday Bash Friendship ghan CAL, and I thought it was a great color for a Project Linus blanket or two. So another 4 skeins is another -8... -16 for the week so far. :reyes  

Unless my order gets lost or I spend every minute of the rest of the week crocheting, you should be safe from the moon trip. I have 6 skeins that are supposed to arrive tomorrow. I hope to get started on a project that uses a super bulky yarn, so it goes pretty quickly, but we also have company arriving tomorrow, too.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This weekend my family and I are taking a mini-vacation. I rolled two partial skeins into balls (+2) in the process of packing my yarn. I found two yarn shops on the internet I want to hit up, so I may end up in the negative before score posting time. 

hi all, well we have all been busy, haven't we, lol

Adding +6 to my +13, gives me +19. oh, but wait, lol I did buy 4 skeins yesterday, so 19-8, for a total for this week, and month end, here it be,    

WTD +11,

YTD  +110,                     for week ending, saturday, March 28, good luck all, and see ya tomorrow, no doubt!!

My niece went to the doctor for an ultra sound and the baby is due sooner than they thought. Around Sept. 17, not Oct. 6, so I have less time to get the afghan done. I've gotten 24 squares of 36 done :cheer . Each square uses about 1/4 oz. of color. So 6 squares uses about 1.5 oz. out of a 4.5 oz. skein, so I can't roll them down. Each square also uses about 1/2 oz. of aran, about 12 oz. of the 14 oz. skein. I've crocheted the squares together with aran, so I used the 14 oz. skein (except for a couple of yards) :clap . I have 2 small, 4.5 oz., skeins of aran to finish the afghan. I hope I don't need more :yarn.

WTD: + 2  YTD: + 19

Ellie 13

My as-needed substitute para-professional job turned into nearly full-time this month!  Needless to say, I did nearly zero hooking... :no

On the plus side, I also did zero buying... :yes

So... for week ending March 28, 2015, my score is...

WTD 0 / YTD +28

:hug

:manyheart

Been a rough few weeks in our house, my mother-in-law took a fall, had a seizure, a mild stroke and now we have found out she is also a diabetic along with other health issues.  Then we lost two of our beloved furbabies.  So this week I was actually able to sit down and do a bit of crocheting +4

Tammy, hope you are feeling better. There's been so much respirator/allergy/sinus stuff going around here.

Oh Wanda Kay, sometimes it seems like when it rains, it pours. I hope your MIL's health problems can be resolved. So sorry about the furbabies.

No yarn used up this week....working on baby hats and other items that don't use much yarn.

WTD = 0  YTD = -23

HUGZ for those who are having such a hard time.  I relate.

My mom was diagnosed with a terminal illness last year and it appears that her organs are beginning to shut down. She is in constant pain.  My dad's pain level has increased and he has no appetite.  He is 6 ft 4 in and down to 135 lbs.  I thought it might be depression over my mom...but now he is undergoing a battery of tests. His doctor suspects cancer.

I use croceht as a major stress reliever  :ghug

WTD scores for 3/28 are:

Gold winner is: Pine knott +13

Silver winner is: katyallen8090 +11

Bronze winner is: howieann +8

using up yarn:

HollyHobbyz +4

ihasaapsolady +4

PBLKNP +4

randib82 +3

Ellie 13 +2

holding steady:

Addicted2patterns

BigPinkPolkaDot

crabby rat

Shannart

VikingRunnerGirl

yarnscrapper

buying that yarn:

yarn-monkey -16

Shoot the moon winner is....

greyhoundgrandma -26

if i missed anyone let me know. year to date scores coming up.

YTD scores for month of march are:

Gold medal goes to: Katyallen8090 +110

Silver medal goes to: pine knott +61

Bronze medal goes to: yarn_monkey +52

Using up that stash:

ihasaapsolady +38

crabby rat +28

Ellie13 +19

VikingRunnerGirl +19

Everybody has yarn so holding steady is unimportant :0)

Burying themselves in yarn:

greyhoundgrandma -60

HollyHobbyz -39

PBLKNP -26

Shannart -23

Addicted2patterns -18

howieann -18

randib82 -17

yarnscrapper -2

One with the most in the hole award goes to....

BigPinkPolkaDot with a whopping -95

congrats all!

Thanks for posting the scores, Addicted2patterns! I was pretty sure I would be going to the moon this week. I have to smile every time I see your name. I sometimes think I need an intervention. I say I won't print out any more patterns off the internet, I have plenty to choose from already and then there I go again.

Thinking of you in your difficult time, Shannan. It's stressful to have one parent ill, but I can't imagine both at the same time.

greyhound i know what you mean...i was just looking for new patterns even though i have several books of printed out patterns. i can't help it...there is always something new and exciting to make. it never ends!!

Archived