2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to the box of cotton...6 skeins rolled..+6    = +10

I got sucked into the Hobby Lobby vortex....1 skein of acrylic and 20 skeins of cotton...-42  = -32.

Reminder: This is the last full week of the month, so please post both your WTD and YTD on this week.

I finished the baby afghan :cheer  . The border I chose didn't use as much :yarn as I thought, so I used a ball down to a few yards (+ 1). I made 2 more hexagons for the hot pad and finished off the cotton (+ 1). I have 1 skein of cotton left to finish it. I hope it's enough. I've been cleaning out my closet and finding stash I forgot about. I found a bag with a UFO in it, from a friend's grandmother. It's long ripple jacket from the 60's (70's?). There's a pattern and 4 1/2 skeins of Orlon Sayelle apple green (Caldor brand, gone 30 + yrs)  :yarn to finish it. All it needed was 1 sleeve and the collar, but I decided to frog the sleeve and make it into a sleeveless (or short sleeve) vest. I put 3 of the skeins in a box of donations for a charity sale (+ 6) :yay  . This is the biggest score I've had in a long time.

WTD: + 9   YTD: + 35

Ellie 13

Worked two skeins into balls on a shawl and rolled another skein from the shawl into a ball.  I only needed three rows from that one and will save it to make the border.

Now that my team is out of the hockey playoffs, I guess we have to switch to baseball so I can crochet in the evenings.  I love movies, but I get too engrossed in them to get any crochet time in.

For week ending April 25, 2015;

WTD:  +3  / YTD:  -103

I confess, I went to the Sheep, Wool & Fiber festival again this year, and skeins of wool snuck into my trunk and stowed away with me back to my house.  I was tempted not to count the ball of roving, but it was included in a thrummed mittens kit, so it sort of does count, so...

Stashbuster Total: WTD -18 YTD -44

:shrug  :blink  :eek

Nothing used up or purchased this week. This the end of the month?

The month really goes by fast sometimes, especially when the last full week of the month leaves almost another week still to go. It just gets confusing if you don't set a constant for ending each month.

Sorry I am on the tablet and cannot colorize my numbers. In will edit on laptop if I get the chance. I mailed of 13 skeins for someone else to use and used 1 skein and 1 ball making hats:

WTD:+30
YTD:+14

added one more to originally posted total...finished off another ball last night!

Archived