2012 Bernat Mystery CAL and KAL

Braxxi

So I go away for a week to have a baby pulled out of me and we're STILL a week away?? Lol. My yarn was here when I got home from the hospital and I love it! Can't wait to get the first clue even though it will probably be the slowest crocheted thing ever! Lol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I go away for a week to have a baby pulled out of me and we're STILL a week away?? Lol. My yarn was here when I got home from the hospital and I love it! Can't wait to get the first clue even though it will probably be the slowest crocheted thing ever! Lol

Congratulations!!! :hug

Congratulations!!! :cheer

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy :bounce :bounce

Congrats!!!! :cheer:clap:yay:cheer:clap:yay

Would you believe I just came from Michaels and they had all of their Waverly on clearance for $2.49? Geez, they just got it in a few weeks ago. I already have my yarn for the CAL, but I'm thinking about doing the KAL, too.

Maybe it's not selling??

Congrats!!!:cheer:hug Enjoy the new bundle, they grow up wayyyyy to quickly!!

Congratulations!!!:yay

Congratulations!!!!!!

Congratulations!!! :hug

Congratulations!!! :cheer

Congratulations on the baby! Give us details please!!! What is her name? When did you have her?

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy :bounce :bounce

Congrats!!!! :cheer:clap:yay:cheer:clap:yay

Congrats!!!:cheer:hug Enjoy the new bundle, they grow up wayyyyy to quickly!!

Congratulations!!!:yay

Congratulations!!!!!!

Thank you all!! His name is Sebastian Jacob and he was born on Feb 1 at 527 pm via c section! He just wouldn't come down...otherwise my labor would have lasted, from start to finish, about 5 hours - I went into labor around 730am that same day, lol. He's Such a joy...just so beautiful and sweet and we are over the moon in love!! :manyheart

Congrats!!!

Would you believe I just came from Michaels and they had all of their Waverly on clearance for $2.49? Geez, they just got it in a few weeks ago. I already have my yarn for the CAL, but I'm thinking about doing the KAL, too.

Clearance? Geez, it just can out!

Thank you all!! His name is Sebastian Jacob and he was born on Feb 1 at 527 pm via c section! He just wouldn't come down...otherwise my labor would have lasted, from start to finish, about 5 hours - I went into labor around 730am that same day, lol. He's Such a joy...just so beautiful and sweet and we are over the moon in love!! :manyheart

Congratulations!!!

Just got back from a business conference-- and this is exciting news! Enjoy him and take it easy- you just had surgery!!!:hug

Phyllis- I can't believe it's on clearance already! That's crazy!, --so did you buy some for the KAL?

Maybe it's not selling??

I'm guessing they were carrying it specifically for the cal/kal. The Michael's nearest me had it in one of those cardboard displays in the middle of the aisle and never seemed get any more than their initial shipment. It's the same at Joann's; there's only a few skeins left, and they're shelved with the rest of the miscellaneous yarn.

Since it's a fairly new yarn, the cal/kal is a great way to get it out there and into people's hands. The brick and morter stores will probably pick it up if there's enough demand for it.

Congrats! He's a cutie!

I'm guessing they were carrying it specifically for the cal/kal. The Michael's nearest me had it in one of those cardboard displays in the middle of the aisle and never seemed get any more than their initial shipment. It's the same at Joann's; there's only a few skeins left, and they're shelved with the rest of the miscellaneous yarn.

Since it's a fairly new yarn, the cal/kal is a great way to get it out there and into people's hands. The brick and morter stores will probably pick it up if there's enough demand for it.

My Michaels did the same thing. Though they have a really crummy selection. All dark colors and bright red. No pinks, yellows, or anything light. Today, I was in there and half the bins were empty. Makes me wonder how many people out there are doing this CAL/KAL

Good morning!

I was in one Michael's that had lots of the different colors and one that only had a few of the darker colored ones. I hope they are not planning to discontinue it--AC Moore just got some in recently so I'll be curious to see if they continue to carry it.

Both of our Michael's only got in the darker colors. They haven't clearanced it, but they don't appear to be getting more in. That's part of the reason that I am not using it. I wanted to see the colors irl before I bought them.

Has everyone already done the gauge swatch? I still haven't done mine...

My Michaels did the same thing. Though they have a really crummy selection. All dark colors and bright red. No pinks, yellows, or anything light. Today, I was in there and half the bins were empty. Makes me wonder how many people out there are doing this CAL/KAL

THAT is part of the reason I wouldn't run out and get their yarn (I also have stash I want to get rid of/use)....I thought it was just another way for Bernat to make money off us!:angry ...and I don't like being manipulated.

Has everyone already done the gauge swatch? I still haven't done mine...

I haven't been on the forum recently....a swatch for a ghan?:think

THAT is part of the reason I wouldn't run out and get their yarn (I also have stash I want to get rid of/use)....I thought it was just another way for Bernat to make money off us!:angry ...and I don't like being manipulated.

I haven't been on the forum recently....a swatch for a ghan?:think

I wouldn't run out and get the yarn because I don't have the moolah for it! :lol

Hmmm... gauge swatch.?.?. :think maybe I should go look at the CAL again, I must have missed something!! :hook

There's a gauge swatch/tutorial listed on the Bernat blog here:

http://blog.bernat.com/2012/01/17/gauge-tutorial/

It was posted on January 17 it appears.

Thanks! I just got back here after checking it out... :)

I'm going to risk it and not bother with a gauge swatch; I'm using the same ol' yarn I use all the time, so it's not new to me, and I've never made a gauge swatch before. I know, I'm a rebel!! :devil:rofl

Archived