2012 Bernat Mystery CAL and KAL

Braxxi

Good morning ladies :hi

I'm excited.....only 23 hours and 35 min left :bounce

Jamie - I love your colors :manyheart

As for the 10AM time :( I also think it's due to last time. If I remember correctly most of them were posted super early, but there's was maybe 1 or 2 weeks that they got up later and people went crazy :(

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone:) I've decided to join in the fun with you all! This will be my first mystery CAL. Here are the colors I chose. Willow, porcelain red, bitter rose, sun drift, and incense. Sun drift will be my MC. Excited for tomorrow to get here!

Beautiful!

That's a rip off!!!! that is almost half way into the day... we wuz robbed!!!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

It's only 8 AM for me!:D

I'll have time to enjoy a cup of coffee and then get to crocheting :hook:lol

yes :ty

I was so rude before :blush

Not rude! I was :rofl reading yours!

I went over my original colors and it clicked when I changed my contrast color.:hook I'll post a pic of the colors later on today.

I did the same thing last night. I kept thinking they were all too bright of colors. Sooooo..... of course I had to stop at Hobby Lobby and Michaels on my way home last night! :lol

I changed 3 of the contrast colors. They are still the same colors just a different shade of them.

MC- Burgundy (RHSS)

CA- Colonial Blue (Vannas Choice)

CB- Aran (RHSS)

CC- Taupe (RH Classic)

CD- Mustard (Vannas Choice)

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap Less than 24 hours to go :cheer:clap:cheer:clap

It better hurry and get here before I run out and change my colors again!!:rofl

ADD, they sound like they'll work!

I'm still not sure of mine.

Here's a pic. The bright one on the end is a vivid purple, and my contrast color.

I have no idea how it's all going to look together...LOL!

post-8552-135897737784_thumb.jpg

Marisa, they sound like they'll work!

Here's a pic. The bright one on the end is a vivid purple, and my contrast color.

I think it will look great! I love those colors together. :yes

I would be tempted to use the White and black as the MC and the contrast D with the other purples fitting in the middle.

It's hard to tell from pics on computer monitors so I am probably wayyyyy off. :wlol

I like all those colours together fer shure.

:ty

LOVE the colors! Purple is my favorite color!

I would be tempted to use the White and black as the MC and the contrast D with the other purples fitting in the middle.

It's hard to tell from pics on computer monitors so I am probably wayyyyy off. :wlol

I like all those colours together fer shure.

:think:think

White and black as the MC? Not sure how. The richest, brighest purple is showing as blue on my monitor.:P

:think:think

White and black as the MC? Not sure how. The richest, brightest purple is showing as blue on my monitor.:P

I meant use white as the MC and the black as the Contrast D. But I'm not sure if the dark is black. :think

:wlol

That's a rip off!!!! that is almost half way into the day... we wuz robbed!!!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

LOL! Totally agree!

I meant use white as the MC and the black as the Contrast D. But I'm not sure if the dark is black. :think

:wlol

It IS black - and your idea is PERFECT! White will be the MC - thanks!:hug With the percentages of the ABC colors the same for the crochet version, from what I saw on their site anyway, it doesn't matter which of the purples I use the rest of the way.

Marvelous:D

Good morning ladies :hi

I'm excited.....only 23 hours and 35 min left :bounce

Jamie - I love your colors :manyheart

As for the 10AM time :( I also think it's due to last time. If I remember correctly most of them were posted super early, but there's was maybe 1 or 2 weeks that they got up later and people went crazy :(

:lol I loved that they posted them early- I was able to get the clue before heading out to work--now I have to wait till about 6PM when I get home:(

Great colors Judy- and I love the idea of white as the MC and Black as the contrast D

Tomorrow is going to be a long day in "Paradise" as you'll all be getting the clue and I'll just be thinking about it and wondering what it is!!!!:lol

Great colors Judy- and I love the idea of white as the MC and Black as the contrast D

Tomorrow is going to be a long day in "Paradise" as you'll all be getting the clue and I'll just be thinking about it and wondering what it is!!!!:lol

I am going to be in "Paradise" as well. No clue for me till I get home around 5:00. It is going to be the longest day ever! :lol

My colors have been chosen for both the CAL and KAL, and I made an acceptable gauge swatch for the KAL since my knitting skills are not as strong. I'm ready to go!

KAL colors:

MC -birch white

B - aqua frost

C - butter

D -Greek sea

contrast - fresh flower

CAL colors:

MC - birch white

A - Tibetan red

B - blue gown

C - gypsy gold

contrast - black

My colors have been chosen for both the CAL and KAL, and I made an acceptable gauge swatch for the KAL since my knitting skills are not as strong. I'm ready to go!

KAL colors:

MC -birch white

B - aqua frost

C - butter

D -Greek sea

contrast - fresh flower

CAL colors:

MC - birch white

A - Tibetan red

B - blue gown

C - gypsy gold

contrast - black

Very pretty!

13 1/2 hours to go! No work for me tomorrow, so I will be in front of my computer waiting anxiously waiting for the clue!:ccompute

I'm guessing it will look AWESOME together!! :hug

KAL colors:

MC -birch white

B - aqua frost

C - butter

D -Greek sea

contrast - fresh flower

CAL colors:

MC - birch white

A - Tibetan red

B - blue gown

C - gypsy gold

contrast - black

Sounds amazing!!

Such a great array of colors!

I'm going to start out with the H hook they suggested, but I'm certain that I'll end up ripping it out and going up at least one hook size so I end up with an afghan with a drape that I like. I have plenty of extra yarn, so I might end up using a K hook! (I do like a K hook. That's that size I use for my scrap grannies!)

KAL colors:

MC -birch white

B - aqua frost

C - butter

D -Greek sea

contrast - fresh flower

CAL colors:

MC - birch white

A - Tibetan red

B - blue gown

C - gypsy gold

contrast - black

Great colors, Phyllis! I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing how your knitted one looks with those wonderfully soft colors! Makes me sorry I didn't get those colors myself!;)

Anyone else using a size K hook?
Not a K, but at least an I - I think the H would be too tight for a ghan with WW. For me, anyway.

And thanks for all the feedback on my colors, ladies!

Archived