2012 Bernat Mystery CAL and KAL

Braxxi

The colours seem to be looking good together so far.

[ATTACH]52150[/ATTACH]

The Charity CAL starts tomorrow so I want to make these squares up today.

Lookin' good!! I'm getting ready to get started... :D

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[ATTACH]52150[/ATTACH]

Thank you posting the photo. I thought it was supposed to look like an actual square and kept taking it apart. Lol

Your colors look awesome together!

Thank you posting the photo. I thought it was supposed to look like an actual square and kept taking it apart. Lol

Your colors look awesome together!

I agree - the photo helped immensely! :) My finished product is sort of square-ish!! :lol

[ATTACH]52150[/ATTACH]

Those look really good! I have half of mine done. ;)

I have been thinking that I can adapt this very quick square to use in the Charity ghan I want to make this month. I'll get rid of those ch 5 corners and add a row for my continuous join. It would go very quickly I'm thinking

Oooh, I just sent the clue up to my husband for him to print for me, lol. Maybe if this boy falls asleep, ever, I can attempt to get one done. Though a nap sounds good, too!

Maybe get one square done, then a nap! They work up quickly... :hug

I was just following links from an enewsletter and I found out that my colour personality is

Coral

http://www.bhg.com/decorating/color-personality/

I actually think that is a good match and it touches my choices for this CAL... if you let your mind wander :rofl

Take the test - it can't hurt ... right :?

Maybe get one square done, then a nap! They work up quickly... :hug

Lol! He's Still not totally asleep. Though it would be better for me to work one while he's fussy, but I think I'm going to go for the nap (fingers crossed he falls into a real sleep) because in the afternoons he tends to refuse to sleep for Hours...I can try to get one in then!! Plus...I still need to figure out which of my colors is going to be the accent...or contrast...or whatever it's called!!

I was just following links from an enewsletter and I found out that my colour personality is

Coral

http://www.bhg.com/decorating/color-personality/

I actually think that is a good match and it touches my choices for this CAL... if you let your mind wander :rofl

Take the test - it can't hurt ... right :?

I am Moss Green

I've just made my first square:cheer they do work up quickly don't they!

Just one thing confuzzling me:think how many are we suppose to make?:think:blush

You are to make 9 in your main colour and one each of A,B and C

12 in all

My color personality is:

Spice

What?????? :eek I hate orange! And, shades of orange are what they recommended! Maybe that doesn't work for everyone. :think

Now to get some work done on the CAL. The KAL feels overwhelming already! :oops That's probably a bad sign.

Okay, just finished my first CAL square! They're wagon-wheels! I was expecting a much harder week to start out! I wonder if the Mystery CAL Afghan is the Prairie Excursions "Quilt"??? It was originally published around 1903/1904 and redistributed by Crisco, in their "Thread Quilts" book, during the Depression. By the way, if anyone has a copy of the original 1903/1904 pattern (it was newsprint), I would love to buy it or trade for it! It was published through a New York Times advertisement and sold for a nickel! Your nickel really bought a lot more in those days!

I'll get these squares finished and post a picture!

:shrug Why, oh, why did I promise my mother a knitted afghan? The KAL is just ... :faint

I'll get these squares finished and post a picture!

:shrug Why, oh, why did I promise my mother a knitted afghan? The KAL is just ... :faint

I just got the KAL clue but I don't think I could do both of them. Maybe when I see it done I can try some of the parts.

The thing is the SEWING together would be a deal breaker

I just got the KAL clue but I don't think I could do both of them. Maybe when I see it done I can try some of the parts.

Sewing...really? Well, that seals it for me. Nope, won't be doing the KAL.

I just updated my blog, pertaining to the CAL...don't worry, no spoilers!

:c9

I'm sorry.:blush did I do something wrong by posting pics :?

I figured everyone would have one to look at today anyway. Sorry, won't do that again.

I figured everyone would have one to look at today anyway. Sorry, won't do that again.

I don't think you did wrong. We all posted pictures the first day during the last one. I'll go with what the majority wants though. :hook

The sewing doesn't bother me with the KAL. The first clue consists of squares worked corner-to-corner which I find absolutely impossible! Heck, I have to sew together crochet squares all the time, so it's not a big deal. Although, I do prefer working on giant grannies. They don't take much time AND there's no sewing! :rofl I guess I'm not wild about sewing!

I asked earlier in the thread if people posted their work each week and was told "Yes". I plan on posting pictures of my work later, hopefully I'll have at least one knitted square finished as well. :sweat

Can't wait to see everyone's progress! Back to :crocheting:knit.

Archived