2012 Bernat Mystery CAL and KAL

Braxxi

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spice

Earthy with a kick -- this spice palette is internationally astute. The warm tones are inspired by exotic spices of globe-spanning origins. Paired with intense and pure blues and reds, the palette is decidedly Moroccan. For a look inspired by the other side of the Mediterranean, go Tuscan by adding accent hues of sage green.

I was just following links from an enewsletter and I found out that my colour personality is

Coral

http://www.bhg.com/decorating/color-personality/

I actually think that is a good match and it touches my choices for this CAL... if you let your mind wander :rofl

Take the test - it can't hurt ... right :?

Here is mine:

Blush Pink

Bridging the dichotomy between sweet and sophisticated, this blush pink palette transcends styles and eras. Swirled with lavenders and minty greens, it carries you to a pastoral 19th-century English cottage. Or teamed with gray and black, or magenta and chocolate, the look evokes a Park Avenue flat circa 1950.

Hmmm. And here I am considering working this in a nice cheery yellow. :lol

I was just following links from an enewsletter and I found out that my colour personality is

Coral

http://www.bhg.com/decorating/color-personality/

I actually think that is a good match and it touches my choices for this CAL... if you let your mind wander :rofl

Take the test - it can't hurt ... right :?

That was fun!! And I'm FROSTY BLUE

which is in keeping with my penchant for bright colors....esp since they suggest pairing these blues with warm colors/wood. If I could have figured out how to add turqua to this CAL I would have:lol

I'm sorry.:blush did I do something wrong by posting pics :?

I figured everyone would have one to look at today anyway. Sorry, won't do that again.

PLEASE keep adding your pictures! :yes

Little bit of a spoiler for any of you who want it. The link for the blocking template has the templates for weeks 1-6..... grrr!!! If you don't want to know shapes for the weeks don't look at it! Wish I hadn't!:angry:angry

Hmmmm....is it scary?:think I never made it past week one last time....the pressure can get to me...

Just finished my squares for week 1 of the CAL - not too difficult. Now on to the KAL, which I expect to be more of a challenge for me. Now, if this nasty cold would go away so I can concentrate . . .

Still have that cold!? Sure it's not something like an infection?

The colours seem to be looking good together so far.

[ATTACH]52150[/ATTACH]

The Charity CAL starts tomorrow so I want to make these squares up today.

Beautiful colors:c9

Between a chiro treatment from DS this AM, sitting in the walk in doctor's office this afternoon and our accountant coming by a little bit ago - I haven't picked up a hook yet!

I think I'm feeling pressured already:P

I just made a 3 1/2 inch square:angry

...I have decided that I don't work well with the unknown. Even when I make a ghan, unless the pattern is accompanied with a beautiful picture it's a no-go for me.

I'll continue to lurk here - but will use my black and purples for another ghan I saw in one of my books...but down the road, not right now.

...I have decided that I don't work well with the unknown. Even when I make a ghan, unless the pattern is accompanied with a beautiful picture it's a no-go for me.

I'll continue to lurk here - but will use my black and purples for another ghan I saw in one of my books...but down the road, not right now.

Is there any way that we can help you with this?

:ghug

Judianne - :( Sorry to hear you won't be hooking along with us. I certainly understand it's not for everyone though. I do know that Waverly is a little thicker than RHSS even though they are both worsted weight. I hope you do stick around and chat with us. :U

Here are some pictures of each of the different colors for clue #1. The two browns look more similar in color than they are in person. Though they might be close enough that I change my color C. :think

post-28827-135897738397_thumb.jpg

post-28827-135897738401_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Judy- Sorry you won't be CAL'ing along but totally understand and hope you'll continue to stop in!:yes

I like that folks post pics of the squares! It helps me see if I'm on the right track;)

I took that quiz that Darski posted and I am Nautical Blue

Vibrant and refreshing, this palette of nautical blues was inspired by the sea, but the timeless hues can morph into new personalities when paired with different accent colors. Try grays and greens for a beachy look, or cottage chic when paired with yellows. Blue is my favorite color--and the color of two of my favorite teams- the NY Giants and the NY Yankees!:lol Plus it's the color I have as my siggy:)

Had a long day at work and going to try the first clue in a bit!

Okay, I'm almost ready to surrender on the KAL. :faint I'm on the eleventh row and it took close to an hour to get that far. :eek I'll try to keep at it; surrendering is not an option!

Here are pictures of my squares for Clue #1 on the CAL! These really worked up quickly. I did rearrange my color choices.

MC = Light Sage (First Picture), A = Coffee (Second Picture), B = Claret (Third Picture), C = Warm Brown (Fourth Picture)

The last two pictures are the squares on the table and on the sofa the finished afghan is destined to be for! I do like this square and plan on using it alone for other afghans. :D

The Claret square is much darker than it appears in it's initial picture. And, the Warm Brown is more brown than the creamy color it shows up as. Although, I wish it really was the creamy color from the photos, that would have been a beautiful contrast to the other colors!

post-57183-135897738408_thumb.jpg

post-57183-135897738412_thumb.jpg

post-57183-135897738415_thumb.jpg

post-57183-135897738418_thumb.jpg

post-57183-135897738421_thumb.jpg

post-57183-135897738425_thumb.jpg

Okay, I'm almost ready to surrender on the KAL. :faint I'm on the eleventh row and it took close to an hour to get that far. :eek I'll try to keep at it; surrendering is not an option!

Here are pictures of my squares for Clue #1 on the CAL! These really worked up quickly. I did rearrange my color choices.

MC = Light Sage (First Picture), A = Coffee (Second Picture), B = Claret (Third Picture), C = Warm Brown (Fourth Picture)

The last two pictures are the squares on the table and on the sofa the finished afghan is destined to be for! I do like this square and plan on using it alone for other afghans. :D

The Claret square is much darker than it appears in it's initial picture. And, the Warm Brown is more brown than the creamy color it shows up as. Although, I wish it really was the creamy color from the photos, that would have been a beautiful contrast to the other colors!

They look great!:clap:clap

They look great!:clap:clap

Thank you.

I'm having a staring contest with my first square of the KAL. :ohdear Could someone please give me a swift kick in the butt and just tell me to keep at it, that it will get better and easier? :bang I thought they said that even a beginner could do the KAL? :sigh

On a much brighter note! I can't wait to see how everyone's squares come out! All the color combinations are so awesome and unique, it'll be awesome to see the finished afghans! :jumpyay

I am loving all these squares.

Just curious :think How did y'all assign the colours for A,B and C? The MC and D were easy for me but the middle ground :? :? :?

I went for

Light pink = A

Deep Straw = B

Rose = C

:cry

Judianne - :( Sorry to hear you won't be hooking along with us. I certainly understand it's not for everyone though. I do know that Waverly is a little thicker than RHSS even though they are both worsted weight. I hope you do stick around and chat with us. :U

Here are some pictures of each of the different colors for clue #1. The two browns look more similar in color than they are in person. Though they might be close enough that I change my color C. :think

Love the colors!

Beautiful color choices!

Still working on my squares. Have 7 of the MC done. Had a bit of a slow start this morning due to repeatedly ripping it out trying to make them square, and trying to get the size I want :blush

Then my mom called and stayed on the phone for over 2 hours :ohdear

But on track now 5 more squares to go!

Back to :hook will post pics soon!

My color personality is

Maple Gold

Yellow, the quintessential warm and inviting hue, gets a sassy spin with the maple gold palette. Inspired by autumn leaves, the palette pairs perfectly with rich neutrals for a luxe yet natural look. Or take the palette for a Moroccan spin by teaming it with daring greens, blues, and reds.

I am loving all these squares.

Just curious :think How did y'all assign the colours for A,B and C? The MC and D were easy for me but the middle ground :? :? :?

I went for

Light pink = A

Deep Straw = B

Rose = C

Ok I know I definitely want the MC that I have. But what's the difference between each of the other colors?

:think probably should have thought/asked about this before I assigned choices. :lol

Ok I know I definitely want the MC that I have. But what's the difference between each of the other colors?

:think probably should have thought/asked about this before I assigned choices. :lol

I don't think there is anything that does assign values. That is why I asked. It appears to be just random assignment of colours we like. That is why I asked - random is the most difficult choice.

Archived