2012 Bernat Mystery CAL and KAL

Braxxi

That's what I was thinking. I looked through my stash and found enough to do this. But not too sure about the colors looking right together.

I am thinking the maroon for the MC. The colors are: Maroon, Hunter Green, Royal Blue, Soft White, and Taupe (old Red Heart color, looks brown in person).

I am really bad at choosing colors! Ideas anyone?

[ATTACH]51926[/ATTACH]

i think they look great together. I went through my stash.... again.... and picked out some more colors. :think Now I have enough picked out for at least three afghans.:eek Come on Wednesday!!!! :lol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's what I was thinking. I looked through my stash and found enough to do this. But not too sure about the colors looking right together.

I am thinking the maroon for the MC. The colors are: Maroon, Hunter Green, Royal Blue, Soft White, and Taupe (old Red Heart color, looks brown in person).

[ATTACH]51926[/ATTACH]

I think those colors look great together! :clap

Thanks everyone!

I was looking at the website for the CAL and actually looked at the color tutorial, I'm thinking of changing the Hunter green to Gold. My decor, and color preferences lean more towards the "Town and Country"

Here's what I am thinking:

MC- Burgundy (I said maroon first but looked at the label and I was wrong)

CA- Royal Blue

CB- Soft White

CC- Gold

CD- Taupe (brown)

Just a cuple more days! I'm getting so excited! I'm a bit worried about my color choices though...all creams, tans, and browns...I'm worried it's not going to pop...idk. I have a question for you all...I don't gauge and I'm wondering what size most of you are going to use...I was thinking H? I'm using RHSS. TIA!

Just a cuple more days! I'm getting so excited! I'm a bit worried about my color choices though...all creams, tans, and browns...I'm worried it's not going to pop...idk. I have a question for you all...I don't gauge and I'm wondering what size most of you are going to use...I was thinking H? I'm using RHSS. TIA!

if you want something to pop I would suggest something in a blue/turquoise.

I am not swatching and I am using a 5.5 or a 6.mm. I was thinking 5.5 but now I am leaning towards the 6.mm I bought double the amount of yarn they suggested so I can probably get away with the larger size.

Less than 48 hrs to go :hyper

I'm using RHSS and I am using a J-6. I just did the swatch and that is what I came up with. Now I can't wait to get the first clue. :hook

i think they look great together. I went through my stash.... again.... and picked out some more colors. :think Now I have enough picked out for at least three afghans.:eek Come on Wednesday!!!! :lol

:lol I will buy enough to make three if Wednesday doesn't hurry up:rofl

I just found this CAL. I'm really considering doing this! Going to have to go shopping for more yarn :yay

Haven't joined any CALs before, and this looks like it should hold my attention!

Anyone using Red Heart SS instead?

I'm using ILTY :D

[ATTACH]51926[/ATTACH]

I like this combination and I think what you've chosen with changing the green to gold will work great as well :yes

23? I'm showing 47... :rofl

Me too

Here is a pic of my colors. I'm not sure why one of the light gray skeins looks much darker, but all 3 are the lighter shade.

Now, I'm ready to go :cheer:clap

I'll probably use a J hook, it always seems to be my go to hook for ghans :think But, my sister and I are supposed to do the guage together yet since she's new :shrug

post-36814-135897737218_thumb.jpg

Here is a pic of my colors. I'm not sure why one of the light gray skeins looks much darker, but all 3 are the lighter shade.

Now, I'm ready to go :cheer:clap

I'll probably use a J hook, it always seems to be my go to hook for ghans :think But, my sister and I are supposed to do the guage together yet since she's new :shrug

nice choice! :)

Only a few more days!

JohnsPrincess- Is your little darling letting you sleep at all during the night? You will be very busy for a while with your baby---but so worth every sleepless hour!!!

He has good nights and bad! When we first brought him home he was sleeping for 3 hours at a time and that was awesome!! But he needed to gain weight so we altered how he was being fed and now he's up every 1.5-2 hours, which is pretty hard!! A couple nights ago he was up for HOURS, which was just awful. And then yesterday he was up from 2pm-9pm!!! I think it was a growth spurt combined with gas, lol. He just kept eating and eating! But I'd rather he do it during the day than at night. I'm the type of person where EVERYTHING is just a million times worse if I'm at all tired so it's always been important that I get enough sleep...oh boy!! :eek But it's worth it when I look at his perfect little face!!

Can someone explain the "contrast" color to me? I mean, I understand what contrast means, lol, but I've only been crocheting for 2 years and I've never done a CAL before and I'm really not sure how to chose the contrast color from my choices!

Can someone explain the "contrast" color to me? I mean, I understand what contrast means, lol, but I've only been crocheting for 2 years and I've never done a CAL before and I'm really not sure how to chose the contrast color from my choices!

This tutorial was a big help to me in considering what I would use where

http://blog.bernat.com/2012/01/04/waverly-for-bernat-color-tutorial/

I can use the same yarn and hook and I'm always "off" so I just use an "H" hook and Adjust-- in fact I seem to adjust almost all the patterns I try- more or less stitches or squares, different start, different join, different border and last but not least different colors

at least I am not alone in that, as I see many of us stash diving or using other branded yarns-- methinks we will all be doing some "adjusting" :devil

the last Bernat CAL patterns had a specific size per square, so it wasn't too hard to make the different stitches fit.

However I am chomping at the bit-- -I'll be working on a couple of lapghans as well, to keep busy between clues :manyheart

Archived