2012 Bernat Mystery CAL and KAL

Braxxi

My colors have been chosen for both the CAL and KAL, and I made an acceptable gauge swatch for the KAL since my knitting skills are not as strong. I'm ready to go!

KAL colors:

MC -birch white

B - aqua frost

C - butter

D -Greek sea

contrast - fresh flower

CAL colors:

MC - birch white

A - Tibetan red

B - blue gown

C - gypsy gold

contrast - black

Sounds great Phyllis, I can't wait to watch your progress on both :clap

Today's the day!!!!!!!!! :woo

I can't wait!!!! I just checked and it's not there yet :( I know, I know.....we still have 48 minutes, but, a girl could hope :blush:think:lol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I forgot to mention that I'll be using a J hook. My sister and I never did the guage swatch we realized last night and she decided she's ok with it being a different size if it works out that way. I think the J is my favorite hook and always seems to be my go to :think

I read 9. Anyone else thinking of a magic circle rather than a ch 4 ring?

I never think of a magic circle so the answer is no. I have just never gotten into the MC thingy. Will try to remember it ... after I do this.

and there are 12 squares - 9MC / 3 CC

Yes, it's up!!! :clap

Did I read that correctly?.....we're doing 12 of this and each will be a solid color? :think

The first week is usually easy.

They are posting the clues in the Bernat Forum this year, not on the blog. The link she posted takes you to the forum. :D

Oh! How weird. I'll have to remember that.

I read 9. Anyone else thinking of a magic circle rather than a ch 4 ring?

I did the first one with chain 4. I think its a pain in the rear end to try and get 19 DC in that little bitty circle!!

Gonna try it with the magic circle next one.

Think I'm gonna have to change hooks too. Measured my first square and its 4x4 not 4 1/2 x 4 1/2

I did the first one with chain 4. I think its a pain in the rear end to try and get 19 DC in that little bitty circle!!

Gonna try it with the magic circle next one.

Think I'm gonna have to change hooks too. Measured my first square and its 4x4 not 4 1/2 x 4 1/2

My squares are 5" which is fine by me. I figure that all that matters is that all the squares are consistent.

Good morning all,

I was sick last night and I had to take meds that you must sleep off. I got up about 39 minutes ago...looked at the clue and came here to check in.

I'm going to have to work from the screeen today...my printer is out of ink. I'll check back later.

Have fun all...hooking today!

Archived