2012 Bernat Mystery CAL and KAL

Braxxi

I haven't been on the forum recently....a swatch for a ghan?:think

I agree with this.

I won't be doing a swatch because I bought at least twice as much yarn as they called for so I don't have to worry... even so I wouldn't be doing a swatch for an afghan.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone :hi

Well, tonight is the night! I WILL go through my stash and pick colors :yes:lol I promise :wink

I'm making a run to Hobby Lobby tomorrow with my friend Maryann when she gets in and before we head up to the Pittsburgh Knit & Crochet Festival fashion show in the evening. So, I know I already have some ILTY in my stash and if I don't have a combination I like, then I'll pick up what I need when I run out :yes

I WILL be doing the guage swatch for the ghan :eek Typically, I wouldn't bother with it, but my sister will be doing one as well and she's a beginner so I kind of want her to practice it a bit and see what a guage swatch is and why it's done :think We haven't dealt with them yet and she's only made a couple scarves and a dish cloth so far :lol

BTW, she needs yarn too. I'll try to see if she has an idea of what she wants and maybe I can pick it up for her while I'm out tomorrow :think

Val - I'll be getting the clues and doing my chatting here. I may peruse through the Bernat forum, but if I try to follow the 2....there won't be any time left in my day :eek:lol

I don't go much to any other forum. I will have to stumble my way back to the bernat one for the clues.

I MIGHT do a swatch becuase of how close I may have cut myself in the yarn dept. But then again, maybe I won't :rofl

I'm not doing the swatch and I'm not using Bernat yarn. Okay, this is a first for me outisde the Ville. Will you guys be posting in both areas...here and the Bernat forum, or will you go there to get the clues and come back here for chatting?

I'll just be here 99% of the time...at least:lol

Just out of curiosity - why does the dot not show that I am online and at the Ville? What's going on today?

It just came on for this post only... aaaarrrrgggghhh.

Hmmmm...did you indicate you didn't want your login to show on the ville:think

Just out of curiosity - why does the dot not show that I am online and at the Ville? What's going on today?

It just came on for this post only... aaaarrrrgggghhh.

Your light is still on. I see you!:lol

Well, tonight is the night! I WILL go through my stash and pick colors :yes:lol I promise :wink

Val - I'll be getting the clues and doing my chatting here. I may peruse through the Bernat forum, but if I try to follow the 2....there won't be any time left in my day :eek:lol

I'm probably going to only post here. I wanted to know what my regulars were doing.

I'm making a run to Hobby Lobby tomorrow with my friend Maryann when she gets in and before we head up to the Pittsburgh Knit & Crochet Festival fashion show in the evening. So, I know I already have some ILTY in my stash and if I don't have a combination I like, then I'll pick up what I need when I run out :yes

Is this Festival in Pittsburgh, PA? Where???? I'm only about an hour or so away in Ohio. Maybe this is something I should check out!

I WILL be doing the guage swatch for the ghan :eek Typically, I wouldn't bother with it, but my sister will be doing one as well and she's a beginner so I kind of want her to practice it a bit and see what a guage swatch is and why it's done :think We haven't dealt with them yet and she's only made a couple scarves and a dish cloth so far :lol

BTW, she needs yarn too. I'll try to see if she has an idea of what she wants and maybe I can pick it up for her while I'm out tomorrow :think

I didn't bother with a gauge swatch for the CAL, did do one for the KAL though. Good thing I did, I had to go up two needle sizes to get something that had a decent drape. I tend to knit extremely tightly, so I should have anticipated that I'd have to go up a size at least. I've never done a gauge swatch for crochet of any sort. After 38 years, I better be able to get a nice drape on something. :crocheting

As to posting, I'm glad to see most of the posting will be here. One of my Resolutions has been to limit my computer time. Adding another forum to kill time at would not be a good thing! Even on here, I've had to limit myself to only looking into a few categories! If I didn't, I'd be on here constantly! :rofl

Is it time for the first clue yet? :think The wait is killing me!

Can't wait to see what colors you are using Marisa! Have fun with MaryAnn and at the Knit and Crochet show! (insert jealous smiley here)

I'll be spending my time here too- I barely have enough hours in the day as it is!!:lol 5 days and counting.....

as to posting, i'm glad to see most of the posting will be here. One of my resolutions has been to limit my computer time. Adding another forum to kill time at would not be a good thing! Even on here, i've had to limit myself to only looking into a few categories! If i didn't, i'd be on here constantly! :rofl

ditto!;)

Is this Festival in Pittsburgh, PA? Where???? I'm only about an hour or so away in Ohio. Maybe this is something I should check out!

I didn't bother with a gauge swatch for the CAL, did do one for the KAL though. Good thing I did, I had to go up two needle sizes to get something that had a decent drape. I tend to knit extremely tightly, so I should have anticipated that I'd have to go up a size at least. I've never done a gauge swatch for crochet of any sort. After 38 years, I better be able to get a nice drape on something. :crocheting

As to posting, I'm glad to see most of the posting will be here. One of my Resolutions has been to limit my computer time. Adding another forum to kill time at would not be a good thing! Even on here, I've had to limit myself to only looking into a few categories! If I didn't, I'd be on here constantly! :rofl

Is it time for the first clue yet? :think The wait is killing me!

Yep, it's in Mars, PA at the Four Points Sheraton...just about 25ish minutes north of the city. It's today, tomorrow, and Sunday. Tonight is a fashion show at 7:30 that I'm going to. There's an event tomorrow night too that I'm not going to. And of course the general admission stuff all 3 days. There are also classes going on.

http://www.pghknitandcrochet.com/festival.htm

Let me know if you decide to go :D Wow, and even being that close...maybe we could meet up half way one day? I miss meeting my Jersey girls (shout out :wink )

Can't wait to see what colors you are using Marisa! Have fun with MaryAnn and at the Knit and Crochet show! (insert jealous smiley here)

I'll be spending my time here too- I barely have enough hours in the day as it is!!:lol 5 days and counting.....

So I went through my stash and have a couple options that will depend on what I find at Hobby Lobby later on today. I already have 3 skeins of ILTY, one each of light gray, antique aqua, and terra cotta. I'd like to make the light gray my main color if they still have it (and then what are the chance the dye lot would match :think:sigh ). I have enough already to do a caron pounder main color of taupe with all bright rhss with it :think But I'm really wanting to use the ILTY so will look at my options to match the 3 I already have...oh and the 3 I have matches nice with one of the rhss in cafe that I have. So if the light gray can make it as my main then I just the 'popping' contrast color :think

I'll look for my sister while I'm there too. She doesn't want to deal with picking stuff (she doesn't like to commit, so better off just picking for her :lol )

So the moral of the story.......I still don't really know :eek:lol

BUT, at least I have an idea to work with now :yes

Yep, it's in Mars, PA at the Four Points Sheraton...just about 25ish minutes north of the city. It's today, tomorrow, and Sunday. Tonight is a fashion show at 7:30 that I'm going to. There's an event tomorrow night too that I'm not going to. And of course the general admission stuff all 3 days. There are also classes going on.

http://www.pghknitandcrochet.com/festival.htm

Let me know if you decide to go

I'm checking it out and going to play it by ear. I don't want to risk driving in freezing rain or major snowfall. But, if the snow misses us, I might try going!

:D Wow, and even being that close...maybe we could meet up half way one day? I miss meeting my Jersey girls (shout out :wink )

A meet up would be awesome! Other than my grandmother and the few times I've taught crochet classes, I've never really had a chance to be around other people with the same passion for yarn as I have. My mother can't stand crocheting (although she loves the finished projects) and no one else in my family crochets. None of my friends crochet either. It's a lonely addiction! :(

So I went through my stash and have a couple options that will depend on what I find at Hobby Lobby later on today. I already have 3 skeins of ILTY, one each of light gray, antique aqua, and terra cotta. I'd like to make the light gray my main color if they still have it (and then what are the chance the dye lot would match :think:sigh ). I have enough already to do a caron pounder main color of taupe with all bright rhss with it :think But I'm really wanting to use the ILTY so will look at my options to match the 3 I already have...oh and the 3 I have matches nice with one of the rhss in cafe that I have. So if the light gray can make it as my main then I just the 'popping' contrast color :think

I'll look for my sister while I'm there too. She doesn't want to deal with picking stuff (she doesn't like to commit, so better off just picking for her :lol )

So the moral of the story.......I still don't really know :eek:lol

BUT, at least I have an idea to work with now :yes

Your color choices sound great! :xfin Here's hoping the dye lots match, or else the colors are indistinguishable from one dye lot to another! By the way, you mentioned Hobby Lobby, I didn't know there was one in the Pittsburgh Area! Just Micheal's and JoAnn's. I loved the Hobby Lobby in Columbus; although I couldn't really afford to buy much. It was still nice to go in and walk around! :clap

Have fun at the fashion show tonight! And, most of all, enjoy picking out yarn!

For me, every square is a gauge swatch...lol. If it doesn't come out right I frog it and do it again! :lol

Archived