2012 Bernat Mystery CAL and KAL

Braxxi

:lol I have no clue. Right now I'm living with my sister and her bf so don't really have my own place to worry about matching. So I can kinda get crazy with it if I want. It depends what I have enough of in my stash already. I know I have quite a few brights that I can use as the contrast. I may just have a problem with the main color. I have to see my options and if I can get away without having to buy any. I'll probably be using caron ss or rhss, since those are my largest stash options :yes

Sounds like we have the same stash to shop from! :D My stash is mostly Caron SS or RHSS as well. Even though it's really fun to buy yarn, it's nice to be able to work directly from your stash. Bright colors would be awesome! Although, sometimes there's something to be said for "normal" colors as well. ;)

Thanks for the advice!! I actually haven't seen the room yet either! Most of my belongings are packed away right now, as we're moving 2 weeks from today. We'll be in a furnished rental for 6 months, then we're buying a house, so then I'll see it, but I really am leaning towards the red.

Geez, I couldn't imagine trying to create an afghan for something I haven't even seen yet. Could you use colors suitable for the room you eventually have planned? That way you can ignore whatever color scheme is used in the rental. Go with red! :clap It can be seen as a neutral if you combine it with the right supporting colors.

I know! I rarely order yarn...normally just buy it in the store...and now I know why!! It's hard enough waiting for a regular package...waiting for a yarn package is torture, lol.

I've only ordered yarn once in my life and it was pure torture. Especially since it got lost in the mail and didn't arrive for three weeks. Here's hoping yours gets there, safe and sound! :manyheart

On the other hand, there is no greater joy than when that brown UPS van pulls up in front of your house! :manyheart

Oh, yeah! :jumpyay Gotta love the UPS man! :woo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:yay I like your choice there and I'm feeling like the red would be a great main color :think But then I haven't seen the room you're going to work it for :lol I think red it 'pop' better, but I think white will feel more 'serene' if that makes sense at all :lol

Thanks for the advice!! I actually haven't seen the room yet either! Most of my belongings are packed away right now, as we're moving 2 weeks from today. We'll be in a furnished rental for 6 months, then we're buying a house, so then I'll see it, but I really am leaning towards the red.

You're welcome :hug Good luck with your move and house hunting, I hope all goes smoothly :xfin

Sounds like we have the same stash to shop from! :D My stash is mostly Caron SS or RHSS as well. Even though it's really fun to buy yarn, it's nice to be able to work directly from your stash. Bright colors would be awesome! Although, sometimes there's something to be said for "normal" colors as well. ;)

Most definitely :yes I just figured I'd try to take advantage of not having to match anything and maybe be a little crazy :lol:think

Good morning all,

I've decided to use ILTY and my colors are Yellow, Dark Country Blue, Red, Toasted Almond and Ivory...Ivory being the master color. I'll post a picture when my niece gets in from work.

Have a great day all!

:yay:clap

here are my colors. Plus I will use Caron Pounder in one of the off white type colors. Have to see what is in my stash to use.

I hope that the ILTY skeins will equal 2 of the waverly. Also 2 skeins of Vannas choice

post-35596-135897733161_thumb.jpg

here are my colors. Plus I will use Caron Pounder in one of the off white type colors. Have to see what is in my stash to use.

I hope that the ILTY skeins will equal 2 of the waverly. Also 2 skeins of Vannas choice

Very pretty :manyheart

Pretty!

Check the yardage; for the CAL you'll need around 1000 yards of the MC and 400 yards of each CC... I don't know the amounts for the KAL, as I'm not doing that one... :) Hope this helps!! :hug

I just got the email notification that my yarn has shipped!!!

:manyheart

:c9

I'm glad your yarn is on the way. Please post pictures.

Nice colors. The ILTY has 355 yards of yarn and the Bernat has 197 yards. You need 3 Bernat for the CC and 5 for the MC. You only need 3 ILTY for the MC and 2 is more than enough for the CC.

I hope this helps!

I have been debating on making two of these ghans - the second using yarns I have in stash or some yarn I've never used before. The problem is, I don't know if my grandmother will actually make hers, since the yarn will be a surprise to her on the 15th with the first pattern. Decisions...decisions. :P

I have been debating on making two of these ghans - the second using yarns I have in stash or some yarn I've never used before. The problem is, I don't know if my grandmother will actually make hers, since the yarn will be a surprise to her on the 15th with the first pattern. Decisions...decisions. :P

Maybe hint around to your grandmother. Ask her if she ever joined a Mystery CAL, just out of being curious. You'll be able to sense if she would be interested in it.

Archived