2012 Bernat Mystery CAL and KAL

Braxxi

I was thinking the same thing!! I was going to do aran as the main, greens, and either pinks or purples. Maybe I'll do purples because you're doing pinks :P

You can use the pinks if you want! I copied mine from BigFunFam! You know what they say...great minds think alike! :lol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am going to do this,but I still need to make up my mind about the colors and I am thinking of using encore because I can get that at my local store. Has anyone used the waverly yarn? How does it work up?

It's a fairly soft acrylic. It's very similar to Vanna's Choice if you've ever used that brand.

I am going to do this,but I still need to make up my mind about the colors and I am thinking of using encore because I can get that at my local store. Has anyone used the waverly yarn? How does it work up?

Just saw that you are in Somerville, MA!! That's where my DD lives- and I was just there this weekend! Is the LYS Mind's Eye Yarns? Haven't used the Waverly but have heard from a few friends that they really like it!

Okay so I picked out my colors. :)

Blue Gown (Main Color)

Breath of Blue, Mauve Glow, Fresh Flower, Princess (Contrasting Colors)

Nice color choices!!!!

Nicole- Glad that you found the blog post about the Gauge- I should have posted a link:eek

May try the gauge swatch this weekend. In the meantime, I'm working on a RR that I'd like to finish before this CAl starts!

I'm loving everyone's colors, and now I am increasingly unsure about mine. I picked them up today at the post office. I hope they look better as the afghan is being made.

I love your colors! Those are wonderful! :clap

I'm loving everyone's colors, and now I am increasingly unsure about mine. I picked them up today at the post office. I hope they look better as the afghan is being made.

The colors appear to compliment each other. I think you will like it once it starts coming together. :)

AngelRoseLite- I like your colors!!!

Seriously re-considering what I'm going to do---the temptation is getting overwhelming- and I got a coupon for Michael's for $5.00 off a purchase--and Waverly is on sale for 3.00/skein...

I've finally got all of my colors! AND they scream "SPRING"!!!!

I'm using Red Heart since that's easiest for me to get my hands on. The colors are:

Cornmeal (main color)

Tea leaf green

Lt. Raspberry (pink)

Delft Blue

Coral

post-20325-13589772781_thumb.jpg

Just saw that you are in Somerville, MA!! That's where my DD lives- and I was just there this weekend! Is the LYS Mind's Eye Yarns? Haven't used the Waverly but have heard from a few friends that they really like it!

I am in Somerville near Magoun Square. The yarn store that I was talking about is Windsor Button in Downtown Boston. Mind's Eye Yarns doesn't carry Bernat yarn but doesn't also carry the Plymouth Encore and Windsor does.

I love your colors and think it will look great :manyheart

I'm using Red Heart since that's easiest for me to get my hands on. The colors are:

Tea leaf green (main color)

Cornmeal (yellow)

Lt. Raspberry (pink)

Delft Blue

Coral

Definitely spring, love it :manyheart

I think your colors are gorgeous together!! I think they'll make a lovely afghan!

Cornmeal (yellow)

Lt. Raspberry (pink)

Delft Blue

Coral

Love these colors too!

I love the colors! I think they will be gorgeous together! Want to trade?

Cornmeal (yellow)

Lt. Raspberry (pink)

Delft Blue

Coral

Oh Steph those are awesome! So bright and cheery! Love the colors!:cheer

Cornmeal (yellow)

Lt. Raspberry (pink)

Delft Blue

Coral

WOW! Love the tea leaf green and coral! My local stores that sell yarn (Walmart & JoAnn's) don't have much variety. I really wish they had both of those. Where do you find such a great color selection?

I'm really considering joining in. I'm going to check my stash and see what I have available. Love some of your color choices. I was thinking shades of blue, but not sure. I'll check my stash and see what I have.

Can't wait to get started!

Those are going to make a gorgeous afghan! I think that you made great choices.

Cornmeal (yellow)

Lt. Raspberry (pink)

Delft Blue

Coral

Those are so cheerful together!

I can't wait until we get clues so we can see how all of our color choices work :)

I was trying to find the percentages in the forum over on the Bernat site, and I did finally find them... I just wanted to let you all know that they had them entered incorrectly and have fixed the information now... Here it is:

1/17/12 Editor’s note: The crochet percentage previously posted was incorrect; there is more of the Main Color and less of Contrast D than previously stated. We apologize for this error and the images have been fixed. This image had no influence on the number of balls required, so the afghan yarn requirements remain the same.

Main color: 48%

Contrast A, B and C: 14% each

Contrast D: 9%

Hope that's helpful to you all!! :hug

I'm going to try my hand at this one, also. I've already dug into my stash, and these are the colors I came up with, and I'm using RHSS...

Main Color, Rose Pink,

Contrast A, light gray

Contrast B, claret

Contrast C, delft blue

Contrast D, white

It might look kind of funky when it's all done! I'm determined not to go buy yarn, though, and these colors looked the best considering what I have in my stash... LOL

I was trying to find the percentages in the forum over on the Bernat site, and I did finally find them... I just wanted to let you all know that they had them entered incorrectly and have fixed the information now... Here it is:

1/17/12 Editor’s note: The crochet percentage previously posted was incorrect; there is more of the Main Color and less of Contrast D than previously stated. We apologize for this error and the images have been fixed. This image had no influence on the number of balls required, so the afghan yarn requirements remain the same.

Main color: 48%

Contrast A, B and C: 14% each

Contrast D: 9%

Hope that's helpful to you all!! :hug

I'm going to try my hand at this one, also. I've already dug into my stash, and these are the colors I came up with, and I'm using RHSS...

Main Color, Rose Pink,

Contrast A, light gray

Contrast B, claret

Contrast C, delft blue

Contrast D, white

It might look kind of funky when it's all done! I'm determined not to go buy yarn, though, and these colors looked the best considering what I have in my stash... LOL

Thank you for letting us know! Good for you finding appropriate yarn in your stash! :clap

:blush Thanks everyone! I fell in love with the Tea Leaf, Delft Blue, & Cornmeal colors and really wanted to use them. When I saw the Lt. Raspberry & Coral, I just knew they would look great with those 3 colors and, so far, they do! Hope they continue to compliment each other.

WOW! Love the tea leaf green and coral! My local stores that sell yarn (Walmart & JoAnn's) don't have much variety. I really wish they had both of those. Where do you find such a great color selection?

I have found the Tea Leaf, Delft Blue, & Lt. Raspberry at my local Walmart. The Cornmeal I found at Joann's, & the Coral I had to order from http://www.joann.com

I love your colors! Those are wonderful! :clap

The colors appear to compliment each other. I think you will like it once it starts coming together. :)

AngelRoseLite- I like your colors!!!

Seriously re-considering what I'm going to do---the temptation is getting overwhelming- and I got a coupon for Michael's for $5.00 off a purchase--and Waverly is on sale for 3.00/skein...

I love your colors and think it will look great :manyheart

I think your colors are gorgeous together!! I think they'll make a lovely afghan!

I love the colors! I think they will be gorgeous together! Want to trade?

My confidence has built up regarding the colors. It's soooo long for the CAL to start! lol.

@kittyloverdeb, I don't know... I just might ;) lol. Thanks.

Archived