2012 Bernat Mystery CAL and KAL

Braxxi

I am in Somerville near Magoun Square. The yarn store that I was talking about is Windsor Button in Downtown Boston. Mind's Eye Yarns doesn't carry Bernat yarn but doesn't also carry the Plymouth Encore and Windsor does.

Oh, I love Windsor Button!! I went there in September when I was visiting my DD. I bought some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK and made my DD a scarf with it. Actually, she bought me the yarn for my birthday--and I turned around and gave her the scarf made with it to her for Christmas!:lol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was trying to find the percentages in the forum over on the Bernat site, and I did finally find them... I just wanted to let you all know that they had them entered incorrectly and have fixed the information now... Here it is:

1/17/12 Editor’s note: The crochet percentage previously posted was incorrect; there is more of the Main Color and less of Contrast D than previously stated. We apologize for this error and the images have been fixed. This image had no influence on the number of balls required, so the afghan yarn requirements remain the same.

Main color: 48%

Contrast A, B and C: 14% each

Contrast D: 9%

Hope that's helpful to you all!! :hug

I'm going to try my hand at this one, also. I've already dug into my stash, and these are the colors I came up with, and I'm using RHSS...

Main Color, Rose Pink,

Contrast A, light gray

Contrast B, claret

Contrast C, delft blue

Contrast D, white

It might look kind of funky when it's all done! I'm determined not to go buy yarn, though, and these colors looked the best considering what I have in my stash... LOL

Thanks for the info! I think I'm going to switch my colors around a bit. :scrachin

Your colors do sound pretty funky, but I bet they'll look great together!

Thanks for the info! I think I'm going to switch my colors around a bit. :scrachin

Your colors do sound pretty funky, but I bet they'll look great together!

:lol yeah, funky isn't always a bad thing! I'm just feeling rebellious enough to make it work!! :hook

I was trying to find the percentages in the forum over on the Bernat site, and I did finally find them... I just wanted to let you all know that they had them entered incorrectly and have fixed the information now... Here it is:

1/17/12 Editor’s note: The crochet percentage previously posted was incorrect; there is more of the Main Color and less of Contrast D than previously stated. We apologize for this error and the images have been fixed. This image had no influence on the number of balls required, so the afghan yarn requirements remain the same.

Main color: 48%

Contrast A, B and C: 14% each

Contrast D: 9%

Hope that's helpful to you all!! :hug

I'm going to try my hand at this one, also. I've already dug into my stash, and these are the colors I came up with, and I'm using RHSS...

Main Color, Rose Pink,

Contrast A, light gray

Contrast B, claret

Contrast C, delft blue

Contrast D, white

It might look kind of funky when it's all done! I'm determined not to go buy yarn, though, and these colors looked the best considering what I have in my stash... LOL

Thanks for the update :hug I thought the percentage for D just didn't seem right.

With those percentage updates, I think I'm going to change my main color to the cornmeal. I'll have to look at my other colors again to figure out which ones will be A, B, C, & D.

For those that haven't bought yarn and aren't using stash yarn, Michael's has Impeccable on sale for $2 a skein. I was there buying some for a ripple I'm working on and saw the sale. I already had my yarn or I may have tried to find colors, lol. I'm thrilled that I was able to get all the yarn that I will need to finish my RR though. I was just going to be able to afford some but not all that I will need. Thought I would share the sale here. The yardage on the Impeccable for solid colors is 268, so a little bit more than the Waverly ;)

I went into my stash and thought I had enough colors to go with Royal Blue, but nope, I didn't. So here is the colors I have chosen. I'm using RHSS yarn for my afghan.

Main Color: Amethyst

Contrasting Color A: Petal Pink

Contrasting Color B: Orchid

Contrasting Color C: Turqua

Contrasting Color D: Soft White

My husband who usually doesn't have anything to say about my colors, liked these colors together. What do you think?

I had all the colors in my stash. Yeaaa!!

I went into my stash and thought I had enough colors to go with Royal Blue, but nope, I didn't. So here is the colors I have chosen. I'm using RHSS yarn for my afghan.

Main Color: Amethyst

Contrasting Color A: Petal Pink

Contrasting Color B: Orchid

Contrasting Color C: Turqua

Contrasting Color D: Soft White

My husband who usually doesn't have anything to say about my colors, liked these colors together. What do you think?

I had all the colors in my stash. Yeaaa!!

:hi Great to have you here, Lynn!! :hug Love your color choices! :tup

Alright, Deb! If you hadn't said anything, I never would've known! :lol I always loved that show but don't get to see it any more since we made the choice (a very good choice, mind you) over a year ago to turn off our satellite (no cable where we live - rural area).

Here are my color choices :cheer I have 3 friends/family members having babies this year and I figure at least one of them is bound to have a girl (and now that I say that, they'll all have boys :lol ) so I chose these for my mystery CAL afghan!! The aran is going to be my MC, and the pinks and greens together just make me think of flowers :) Can't wait for these clues to start coming!! :clap

post-43909-13589772903_thumb.jpg

post-43909-135897729033_thumb.jpg

Here are my color choices :cheer I have 3 friends/family members having babies this year and I figure at least one of them is bound to have a girl (and now that I say that, they'll all have boys :lol ) so I chose these for my mystery CAL afghan!! The aran is going to be my MC, and the pinks and greens together just make me think of flowers :) Can't wait for these clues to start coming!! :clap

:lol:lol I had to chuckle- You are right- they'll probably all have boys now!!:lol:lol But I do love the colors- and they do remind me of flowers too!!!

Great color choices. Surely, one of the babies will be a girl.

I went ahead and took a picture of the yarn I have chosen. The Amethyst (mc) didn't come out looking right, it looks more like blue, but it is a bright shade of purple. Really pretty color.

post-17808-135897729054_thumb.jpg

Here are the colors I picked for myself...not too sure about the Sundrift color though and it's my main color.

post-21933-135897729108_thumb.jpg

These are the colors I picked for my grandmother, who still doesn't know she's doing this...lol. The main color is the Mauve (darkest pink).

post-21933-135897729112_thumb.jpg

I went ahead and took a picture of the yarn I have chosen. The Amethyst (mc) didn't come out looking right, it looks more like blue, but it is a bright shade of purple. Really pretty color.

[ATTACH]50608[/ATTACH]

Great colors!!!!:yes

Archived