2012 Bernat Mystery CAL and KAL

Braxxi

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here are my color choices :cheer I have 3 friends/family members having babies this year and I figure at least one of them is bound to have a girl (and now that I say that, they'll all have boys :lol ) so I chose these for my mystery CAL afghan!! The aran is going to be my MC, and the pinks and greens together just make me think of flowers :) Can't wait for these clues to start coming!! :clap

I went ahead and took a picture of the yarn I have chosen. The Amethyst (mc) didn't come out looking right, it looks more like blue, but it is a bright shade of purple. Really pretty color.

[ATTACH]50608[/ATTACH]

Here are the colors I picked for myself...not too sure about the Sundrift color though and it's my main color.

[ATTACH]50625[/ATTACH]

These are the colors I picked for my grandmother, who still doesn't know she's doing this...lol. The main color is the Mauve (darkest pink).

[ATTACH]50626[/ATTACH]

Great colors, ladies! I love 'em all! :tup

I have my yarn! but I cannot sneak it in the house yet as my hubby hasn't gone to bed yet..and even if I do get it in I have no place to hide it yet :D:rofl

I am going to use a Caron one pound in the cream or off white. Depends on what is in the stash. And so much for using up stash to do this. A trip to HL destroyed that idea.

I will try and smuggle in the yarn tomorrow and get pictures

I have my yarn! but I cannot sneak it in the house yet as my hubby hasn't gone to bed yet..and even if I do get it in I have no place to hide it yet :D:rofl

I am going to use a Caron one pound in the cream or off white. Depends on what is in the stash. And so much for using up stash to do this. A trip to HL destroyed that idea.

:rofl:rofl Thank you for the laugh this morning. Sounds like me!!! Can't wait to see the pics--once hubby has cooperated by giving you some time to sneak it in, take a pic and then hide it!:lol:lol

That's so funny, I have to do the same thing too!! :lol

I'm about this bad too! Though I usually end up sneaking a few skeins in the cart when I go grocery shopping (at Walmart). I laid awake last night thinking about what colors I'm going to use. I have lots of Simply Soft Pink and Ocean, so I just need to come up with 3 more. I'm thinking a purple, yellow, and either white or green as my main color.

I realized after looking at everyone's yarn choices that I failed to post a picture of mine. :eek So, here are my choices! :D

The one in the lower row, on the left is my main color.

I like those colors. :)

I realized after looking at everyone's yarn choices that I failed to post a picture of mine. :eek So, here are my choices! :D

I like those colors together!!!!:manyheart

I went ahead and took a picture of the yarn I have chosen. The Amethyst (mc) didn't come out looking right, it looks more like blue, but it is a bright shade of purple. Really pretty color.

[ATTACH]50608[/ATTACH]

Very pretty :manyheart

Here are the colors I picked for myself...not too sure about the Sundrift color though and it's my main color.

[ATTACH]50625[/ATTACH]

These are the colors I picked for my grandmother, who still doesn't know she's doing this...lol. The main color is the Mauve (darkest pink).

[ATTACH]50626[/ATTACH]

I love them, and I think grandma's going to be excited :yes

Gorgeous :manyheart

I have decided I'm going to join the CAL. I have been reading some of the posts from the last one and it looked like so much fun! I have decided on colours and now need to order it online and hope it gets here before the CAL starts. Everyone's colours look great.

Thanks Steph... And I know! But I am also glad! I decided on using simply soft yarn. After calculating yarnage I need one extra of contrasting colours and two extra of main colour. Then I got to the checkout section and it turns out postage to Australia is more expensive then my yarn. Yikes!! So I need to put off buying it until next week.

I have decided I'm going to join the CAL. I have been reading some of the posts from the last one and it looked like so much fun! I have decided on colours and now need to order it online and hope it gets here before the CAL starts. Everyone's colours look great.

Glad you are joining! The other one was fun!!! What colors did you select?

I just hope I can keep up with the clues--I did ok last time, but this time around I have tons of work keeping me busy more hours than I like!

Thanks Steph... And I know! But I am also glad! I decided on using simply soft yarn. After calculating yarnage I need one extra of contrasting colours and two extra of main colour. Then I got to the checkout section and it turns out postage to Australia is more expensive then my yarn. Yikes!! So I need to put off buying it until next week.

:eek Wonder if there is another place that ships to Australia for less $?

Not that I can find. But the reason it is so expensive is because they get it over here in 7 days. We have an online American yarn store here but they charge ridiculous prices. They don't have the colours I want but I am guessing it would probably come out about even.

Victorian rose will be my main colour. Chocolate, bone and persimmon will be B, C, D ( not sure what order yet) and blue mint in the Brites will be my stand out colour.

Not that I can find. But the reason it is so expensive is because they get it over here in 7 days. We have an online American yarn store here but they charge ridiculous prices. They don't have the colours I want but I am guessing it would probably come out about even.

Victorian rose will be my main colour. Chocolate, bone and persimmon will be B, C, D ( not sure what order yet) and blue mint in the Brites will be my stand out colour.

The colors sound awesome--

Thanks! It took HOURS to decide! I knew I wanted the blue mint for my pop colour. I am a sucker for brown and bright colours so I knew it would be there too. The hardest was making sure all the colours complimented each other incase we get some clashing colours next to each other.Who knew picking yarns could be so stressful! Now I just hope the colours ain't too different from the photo's.

So I went in Michaels today to buy a G hook. I lost mine. My house is practically empty because I'm getting ready to move, and I lost it. I've never lost a hook when it was full of stuff, lol. Ok, enough of my ranting. Anyway, my Michales actually got in Waverly yarn! 2 for $6, but all they was dark colors and one bright red. No pinks, no greens, nothing bright. So I still think I'm gonna go with the simply soft.

I want to do this so badly! I'm just worried it's going to be to much with all the other projects going on! Is it that much work each week? How much time will each clue take? I'm so tempted!

I want to do this so badly! I'm just worried it's going to be to much with all the other projects going on! Is it that much work each week? How much time will each clue take? I'm so tempted!

This is the one from before.

http://www.bernat.com/data/pattern/pdf/Bernat_SofteeChunkyweb11_cr_afghan.en_US.pdf

There are 15 weeks to work on it, but not 15 clues. Some weeks will be catch up weeks. But each clue that is released will come out on Wednesdays at 10am.

Don't worry if you can't keep up! Some weeks are easier than others- I did the last CAL and had lots of fun. This time around, I'm very busy at work, so I may not keep up- but will eventually finish it!!! Join the fun, Sharpie!!!

Archived