Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

Did pretty good on my Blue and White afghan yesterday, only have 15 more squares to make then onto the assembly... Yeah! :lol

:mug:cat:yarn

Yay!!! :cheer

So here is a picture of my graph ghan I finished on Saturday and gave to the birthday boy....he absolutely loved it :yes

That is so cool!

I need to add a 3rd row on before the star begins, which means I have to rip out almost 14 rows. Luckily I've only made 3 stars. Glad I figured it out now and not when i was seaming the blocks together.

What a bummer. At least you didn't get them all done.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a really fun looking spiral blanket. Are they hard to do?

Finished fixing up my fish blanket, and am beginning to regret the use of the glue. I'm learning as I go, I guess. :) And luckily I did keep it all to one side, so the other side of the blanket is still soft and nice.

I want to make my sunny spread longer so I'm adding a few more colored squares, then going to border it with all white ones.

That is a really fun looking spiral blanket. Are they hard to do?

Finished fixing up my fish blanket, and am beginning to regret the use of the glue. I'm learning as I go, I guess. :) And luckily I did keep it all to one side, so the other side of the blanket is still soft and nice.

I want to make my sunny spread longer so I'm adding a few more colored squares, then going to border it with all white ones.

The spirlal was not hard to do, I think there are supposed to be 12 sections but I always wind up with 10. So I just go with it. Here is a link to the free pattern I use.

http://smoothfoxlover.blogspot.com/2010/11/smoothfoxs-spiral-baby-blanket-number-2.html

Marisa - Your Harley-ghan is awesome!! To cool! :clap

Dorothy - Your sprial afghan is great, but I'm having a flash back to the Twilight Zone TV show. :D Super job!

:mug:cat:yarn

It wasn't to bad to work on but the overall efect is dizzing.(sp)

Thank you all for your compliments :hug

Nicole - I started a book on friday and finished it yesterday :lol But it wasn't nearly as long as new moon :think

Sue - I actually did the aghan in hdc. Sc is so boring and I never thought of tunisian :think

Dorothy - Love your spiral ghan :manyheart

I finished #2 it is a spiral for Hospice.

[ATTACH]49986[/ATTACH]

That's really pretty!

Almost to the last repeat of the chart for my cat afghan. I have charts for squares that I think will be my next afghan project. One is dinos the other star ships.

That sounds fun!

Dorothy - The spiral afghan looks fabulous! :tup

Marisa - I didn't even turn my kindle on this evening. :lol I resisted the urge. It's sitting on the end table looking very lonely. Maybe just one chapter before bed. Hmm... :scratchin

I managed to work on my granny stripe for a bit tonight. :yay I'm about half-way done. :cheer

sorry ive been scarce the last few days.......still waiting to get to the store to get batteries for my camera and HOPE thats the problem! after that watch out! LOL!

i will definitely be posting my WIPs.....right now im surrunded in daisy centers

Wow- what great projects!!

Marisa- that afghan is outstanding!!!

Dorothy- I love the look of the spiral ghan!!!

Nicole- WTG on working on the granny stripe and not opening the Kindle!!!

I've got a new position at work and right now it's kind of kicking my you know what! Not as much time to do fun things-but this too shall pass. In the meantime, I'm still finding at least a 1/2 hour to do some crocheting-working on a baby blanket- and a RR--looks like they'll both take a little longer than I originally anticipated due to time constraints. But I'll get em done!! My goal is to finish them before the Bernat Mystery CAL starts!

So here is a picture of my graph ghan I finished on Saturday and gave to the birthday boy....he absolutely loved it :yes

My that's a great 'ghan! :yes

I love looking at everyone's afghans!! They're all so creative and beautiful!

Thank you for all the compliments on my ghans. I really appreciate them.

I just realized that I can't count. My Twinkle Blanket, I've only made 3 blocks the correct size. For some reason, I was thinking they were supposed to be 16 rows, when they're supposed to be 18 rows. The white blocks will be easy to fix ... I just have to add two rows. The stars are another story though, as I need to add a 3rd row on before the star begins, which means I have to rip out almost 14 rows. Luckily I've only made 3 stars. Glad I figured it out now and not when i was seaming the blocks together.

Oh very good you caught that early! How devastating it would be to find out at the end!

[ATTACH]49986[/ATTACH]

I have been aiming to try a spiral. Add another to the WIM list! Beautiful 'ghan!

I ended up having to rip the granny star out. I've already made one before, but for some reason I couldn't get the points to lay flat this time. It was late the first start, and extremely early the 2nd attempt. So, I will complete the granny star in a different color on a different day!

In the meantime, I made the granny stripe in pink, black & white. 8,360 stitches later, here it is! Poor cell picture warning!

post-18684-135897725574_thumb.jpg

Granted it hasn't been washed or blocked yet, but I'm pretty happy with it! Started Sunday morning and finished last night around 10:30. Worked on a few other things along the way too. It's the granny stripe from Lucy @ Attic 24, but I did modify it a little:

row of sc, 3 rows of dc clusters, row of sc, change colors. The sc on top of the dc cluster rows, worked in the end stitch, 2 in the space between clusters, sc into the middle dc of the cluster, 2 into the space across. Does that make sense to you all?! LOL

J hook, ILTY in white, pink & black. 90 chains to start. Measures about 31x41 inches. Might get an extra inch out of it after I block it, as I don't want to stretch the stitches too much.

Sue - I actually did the aghan in hdc. Sc is so boring and I never thought of tunisian :think

Interesting...do you drop the color not in use after the change or stitch over it??

:turtle:vheart

Nicole, that granny stripes is really nice. I am amazed at how quickly you finished it. I made a granny stripe last year, and it took forever, because I found the pattern so boring after a while. I did really like it after I was finished.

Nicole, that granny stripes is really nice. I am amazed at how quickly you finished it. I made a granny stripe last year, and it took forever, because I found the pattern so boring after a while. I did really like it after I was finished.

That's tiffer's granny stripe. I'm still plugging away on mine! :D

Tiffany - Your granny stripe is very pretty. I love the colors. :yes

I just realized that I can't count. My Twinkle Blanket, I've only made 3 blocks the correct size. For some reason, I was thinking they were supposed to be 16 rows, when they're supposed to be 18 rows. The white blocks will be easy to fix ... I just have to add two rows. The stars are another story though, as I need to add a 3rd row on before the star begins, which means I have to rip out almost 14 rows. Luckily I've only made 3 stars. Glad I figured it out now and not when i was seaming the blocks together.

Oh, Yikes! I'm so glad you only have 3 of the stars to redo. :hug

[ATTACH]49986[/ATTACH]

Very pretty. :clap :clap

I ended up having to rip the granny star out. I've already made one before, but for some reason I couldn't get the points to lay flat this time. It was late the first start, and extremely early the 2nd attempt. So, I will complete the granny star in a different color on a different day!

Sorry it's being so uncooperative. :hug

In the meantime, I made the granny stripe in pink, black & white. 8,360 stitches later, here it is! Poor cell picture warning!

[ATTACH]50025[/ATTACH]

Granted it hasn't been washed or blocked yet, but I'm pretty happy with it! Started Sunday morning and finished last night around 10:30. Worked on a few other things along the way too. It's the granny stripe from Lucy @ Attic 24, but I did modify it a little:

row of sc, 3 rows of dc clusters, row of sc, change colors. The sc on top of the dc cluster rows, worked in the end stitch, 2 in the space between clusters, sc into the middle dc of the cluster, 2 into the space across. Does that make sense to you all?! LOL

J hook, ILTY in white, pink & black. 90 chains to start. Measures about 31x41 inches. Might get an extra inch out of it after I block it, as I don't want to stretch the stitches too much.

It turned out very pretty. Great job. :clap :clap :clap

Marisa - I didn't even turn my kindle on this evening. :lol I resisted the urge. It's sitting on the end table looking very lonely. Maybe just one chapter before bed. Hmm... :scratchin

I managed to work on my granny stripe for a bit tonight. :yay I'm about half-way done. :cheer

Hmmm, I know what you mean.....one chapter turns into 5 chapters and 1-2am :eek At least that's what happened to me last night :blush:lol WTG on your granny stripe :cheer

That is one very awesome ghan!

Thank you :hug

[ATTACH]50025[/ATTACH]

Sorry you were having trouble with the granny star, but the granny stripe is gorgeous :manyheart I can't believe you made it over 2 days :eek It would have taken me a couple weeks :yes

Wow- what great projects!!

Marisa- that afghan is outstanding!!!

I've got a new position at work and right now it's kind of kicking my you know what! Not as much time to do fun things-but this too shall pass. In the meantime, I'm still finding at least a 1/2 hour to do some crocheting-working on a baby blanket- and a RR--looks like they'll both take a little longer than I originally anticipated due to time constraints. But I'll get em done!! My goal is to finish them before the Bernat Mystery CAL starts!

Interesting...do you drop the color not in use after the change or stitch over it??

:turtle:vheart

I drop the color to the front of the ghan so that when I turn for the next row it's waiting for me to be pulled up from the back. So each color change has a newly attached ball so that I don't carry across colors (although at times I will depending on the situation) Then at the points where the colors don't line up directly, then I'll work over the strand that needs to be carried to a different place. Does that make sense? Hdc's are not ideal for the graph ghans, but I enjoy it much better. I've tried with sc's and have trouble making myself do the project :( I've never done the tunisian, but may have to look into since you mentioned it :think

I've been using yarn bobbins and dropping colors and picking them up in each row, using a separate bobbin for each color section. When I finish a section I cut and weave in the ends. Never having tried anything like this before it is a completely new approach. When a new color starts I start with a new bobbin. The one I'm doing requires dc, while it would take longer, I'm thinking it would look better with the half or single crochets with all the color changes.

Oh very good you caught that early! How devastating it would be to find out at the end!

I have been aiming to try a spiral. Add another to the WIM list! Beautiful 'ghan!

[ATTACH]50025[/ATTACH]

Very pretty! I love the colors.

Archived