Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

This happened to me on one I'm making, hated how the corners looked and taking it apart. What are you doing for an edging and how are you going to assemble?

I don't have a problem with the design just how the instructions had you get there. The design is an open join with single crochet, chain 2, single crochet. This creates a nice open look with a center ridge. BUT ... by joining each square together in a colum then joining the colums together you create a gap at the 4 corner join, also there are tails everywhere and nothing to hide them in. :( I ended up laying out the squares in rows then joined them together from one side to the other, then joined the colums together. This made complete crossovers at the 4 corner join and tails only at the outside edges.

The edging design is the same pattern as each square.

:mug:cat:yarn

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my blue afghan out of the closet and plastic storage bag. All the strips are now joined with a row of white single crochet. I also started the edging around it. Then I got discouraged and put it away. My husband made the comment that maybe it should be wider. Do not have enough yarn to make another strip....have to figure something out.

I have 2 afghans going that are for presents needed at the end of the year. 1 is a catherines wheel and the other is 6 crayons for a baby blanket. I am going to start another that I'm testing for someone at Ravelry. As soon As Iget a chance I'll post pictures of the wips

I got a delivery from Joann yesterday! The first collection of yarn is Soft Yarn for a pattern I've been drooling over for quite awhile. I've never quite thought the yarn colors it calls for would end up looking like the picture, so I made a substitution.

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/flower-tiles-afghan

The second group is my yarn choice for the Bernat Mystery CAL. :day

post-41133-135897726187_thumb.jpg

post-41133-135897726192_thumb.jpg

I got a delivery from Joann yesterday! The first collection of yarn is Soft Yarn for a pattern I've been drooling over for quite awhile. I've never quite thought the yarn colors it calls for would end up looking like the picture, so I made a substitution.

Love those colors, especailly that coral-ly looking yarn in the first picture.

Hey everyone! I'm at work and it's snowing like crazy here! All I want to do is go home and crochet! :lol Only 2 hours and 45 minutes to go! :cheer

Its supposed to snow here too, but so far all its done is rain. Its going to be a mess on the roads if it starts snowing.

I think I want to sneak into your house and just cuddle up with the new yarn! If you see some random pregnant lady there, just leave her be for a little bit. I'll just show myself out!

Great yarn score, Amanda!! Love the colors-

I'm still plugging away on the RR and the baby ghan using Cindys Peek-a-boo pattern. Just not enough hours in the day to crochet!!!

I want to have them done before the Bernat CAL starts--at least that's the plan! :yes

I think I want to sneak into your house and just cuddle up with the new yarn! If you see some random pregnant lady there, just leave her be for a little bit. I'll just show myself out!

You made me laugh!:rofl Everyone have a good night!

Good morning all! Well believe it or not I frogged the entire afghan and started over with yet another pattern! :eek I'm holding 2 strands together, using a bigger hook and just doing a simple V stitch. Hopefully this will go very, very quickly and I will have this done before the 21st. Plan on crocheting all weekend!

Good morning all! Well believe it or not I frogged the entire afghan and started over with yet another pattern! :eek I'm holding 2 strands together, using a bigger hook and just doing a simple V stitch. Hopefully this will go very, very quickly and I will have this done before the 21st. Plan on crocheting all weekend!

:faint

Keeping my :xfin for you! :P

I really hate it when work gets in the way of my crocheting :lol I have my Blue and White all done just have to work a few more ends in then it's picture time :yay But I have to go work with a friend today so I wont be back until later :( Will have pictures then though!

:frog:2frog An extreme frog moment for sure. Hoping the new pattern goes very quickly. :2frog:frog

I'm finishing up my Tiramisu baby afghan. I'm just working on a simple embelleshment. Gotta run to the store for a button (and more yarn colors for my wooleater, lol). I have been methodically working on my wedding ring too. So I haven't been straying away from my "have to" afghans too much. ;) Hopefully I'll be back soon with a pic of my baby blanket.

Ooooo :drool How fun!!!! Love the colors.

Yay!! My yarn ball winder arrived today!!

I love the colors of the yarn! I'm thinking about doing the Bernat CAL too.

:yay:clap:cheer Get winding girl :wink And you know you wanna to the mystery cal :devil

Good morning all! I plan on getting some crochet time in this weekend. It has finally gotten cold here. Crochet and coffee sounds good. Now, if I could only pull myself away from my books....

Good luck :wink

I really hate it when work gets in the way of my crocheting :lol I have my Blue and White all done just have to work a few more ends in then it's picture time :yay But I have to go work with a friend today so I wont be back until later :( Will have pictures then though!

Isn't it a shame how work and life are always getting in the way of crochet time :sigh Can't wait to see pics :bounce

I'm finishing up my Tiramisu baby afghan. I'm just working on a simple embelleshment. Gotta run to the store for a button (and more yarn colors for my wooleater, lol). I have been methodically working on my wedding ring too. So I haven't been straying away from my "have to" afghans too much. ;) Hopefully I'll be back soon with a pic of my baby blanket.

Ooo, I can't wait to see your pic :D

I really hate it when work gets in the way of my crocheting :lol

I know, isn't it a bummer??? :lol

I'm planning to do some crocheting this evening, as we don't have any plans until tomorrow. Just a nice relaxing evening with the TV and the afghan... :manyheart

My afghans got set aside for a while so I can finish some items for donation to the local pregnancy resource center. Our church gathers stuff for them throughout the month of January,and I usually have quite a lot of stuff to donate. Even though I make baby stuff all year long, I have not met my donation goal yet for this time, so I'll be concentrating on that for a few weeks.

I finished a baby sweater and hat this morning, (well, all except for weaving in ends), and I plan to make some booties to match later on today. After that I am going to finish a baby blanket that I started back in the summer. I guess that could count as an afghan.

Just put the post with the finished afghan here. Had so much fun with it :D

Have to make some Valentine stuff then will be back onto the Double Wedding ring afghan. Have to get that one finished because DD is already bugging me about the UT afghan I designed for her. :rofl

Just put the post with the finished afghan here. Had so much fun with it :D

Have to make some Valentine stuff then will be back onto the Double Wedding ring afghan. Have to get that one finished because DD is already bugging me about the UT afghan I designed for her. :rofl

So pretty! I love that afghan. :manyheart

Archived